• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Democratic Safe House

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by PACKY, Jun 20, 2014.

1. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist Still striving for health Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+6,408
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Good for the Girl Scouts - and it is good that they are adding a group of badges on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).

Trump's speech to the BSA was absolutely disgusting and upset many current and former Boy Scouts.

And that diatribe by Scaramucci was SO inappropriate. It degrades the White House even more. The guy talked like an uneducated gang-banger.

Add Trump's comments about Sessions - I think he is starting to lose Republican support in the House and definitely in the Senate.

2. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist Still striving for health Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+6,408
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Thankfully McCain is remembering the person he was and voted no on that disgusting bill and the pathetic plan they had to depend on the House not to pass it.

3. stamperben

stamperben It's an old family tradition

+4,046
    Humanist
    Private
    [​IMG]

4. stamperben

stamperben It's an old family tradition

+4,046
    Humanist
    Private
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. szechuan

szechuan Newbie

+740
    Agnostic
    Private
    Democrats need to learn how to Gerrymander better.

6. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member

+1,888
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Yes indeed. This requires more effort in trying to win state legislative seats.

7. szechuan

szechuan Newbie

+740
    Agnostic
    Private
    the whole better deal imo is quite embarassing...
    They need to do a better job in Branding, 2018 should sway to Democrats but they don't seem to be pushing as hard as they should.

8. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member

+1,888
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    We have an identity crisis. In part, Trump won by appealing to workers without college degrees in the Mid-West. This used to be part of the core that supported the party.

BTW, we all rightly criticize the amount of support for Trump. I would note that Trump has double the support of those in Congress. Although only in the high 30's, his base is formidable, and (as I indicated) partly composed of Democrats.

9. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+2,304
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Regan did his thing appealing to Regan Democrats, Trump seems incapable of this. There is no way he can maintain his base if he neglects moderates from both sides that crowd the middle

10. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member

+1,888
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I don't understand. Trump did appeal to Reagan Democrats in the 2016 election. The changes in that group over 2012 was more than enough to make the difference.

11. hope

hope Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,149
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    STEM badges for the girl scouts is really cool

12. hope

hope Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,149
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    The profile of trump reminds me of Alfred Hitchcock Presents

13. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+6,178
    Lutheran
    Private
    "As a race, the African is inferior to the white man. Subordination to the white man is his normal condition. He is not his equal by nature, and cannot be made so by human laws or human institutions. Our system, therefore, so far as regards this inferior race, rests upon this great immutable law of nature. It is founded not upon wrong or injustice, but upon the eternal fitness of things. Hence, its harmonious working for the benefit and advantage of both. Why one r ace was made inferior to another, is not for us to inquire. The statesman and the Christian, as well as the philosopher, must take things as they find them, and do the best he can with them as he finds them."

https://www.ucs.louisiana.edu/~ras2777/amgov/stephens.html

It needs to be said, again and again, that the confederacy was built on a bedrock of racism against black people. If one has read this and still supports the confederacy, the confederate flag and confederate heros, then one supports racism.

14. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member

+1,888
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    In the 60's, confederate flags and monuments became much more popular. The reason is obvious.

15. Deviant Writer

Deviant Writer I choose the World. I choose the Flesh.

+365
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Sup guys. Man, I don't know what was up with the garbage log in system here but I was literally not able to log in with Google+ for...I don't even know how long I've been away.

Anyways, after the electoral college got an orange birther and the bad guy from Outlast 2 into the White House, I've not been as engaged in political news. I simply turned the TV off and let the news of the birther's idiocy slip in from Facebook and my small circle of friends and my family.

Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's sad. The lesson here (other than to never vote for Republicans, especially birthers) is that we can't take it for granted that we'll win. The GOP did the same thing in 2012 with Romney and they were stunned it didn't work out.

I think our logic was more sound. With Romney is was more or less "every poll that says he'll lose is liberal crap." Whereas with us it was, "There's no way people will vote for a misogynistic loud-mouth birther who is blatantly proven to be a blatant liar within 24 hours of blatantly lying."

The "trans ban" statement comes to mind. He said he consulted the military before posting it on Twitter. The military leaders came out and said they had no idea what he was talking about.

My Trump supporter friend said that Trump posts on Twitter to make a point about the media overreacting. I sarcastically asked him if and why Trump is making a master plan to blatantly lie so that the media can prove that it's exactly what he's doing.

He had no defense for that, tried to deflect to Benghazi and emails, and when I absolutely didn't allow him to change the subject, he said "I still think he's great."

This is why Donald Drumpf is president.

16. ArmenianJohn

ArmenianJohn Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist

+1,452
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    US-Democrat
    No, Bernie will win. McGovern, Mondale, and Dukakis were not left enough and didn't know how to bring conservatives into their base the way Bernie knows how. Also, the issue of single-payer healthcare will make the difference for Bernie to easily win the election in 2020 if he is nominated. Of course, should the Democrats decide to go with Hillary or another coporatist Dem for 2020, we already know the outcome will be the same as 2016, in fact even worse. Can't have some Corporate Dem loser as the nominee again. I am hoping for a Sanders-Turner ticket.

17. Deviant Writer

Deviant Writer I choose the World. I choose the Flesh.

+365
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I would like to see Bernie run again.

18. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+5,699
    Unitarian
    Married
    He's already 76 - by then, he'll be pushing 80 if he lasts that long.

19. ArmenianJohn

ArmenianJohn Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist

+1,452
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Correct. He's an amazing person.

20. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member

+1,888
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    He will give new meaning when folks want new young blood in party leadership and in the White House.