Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh please, Christians have been exterminating unbelievers like pagans like me for centuries (even today witches are being murdered by christians over in Africa and it hasn't been that long even here in the US since you Christians have had witch hunts).

Did you see me justifying that? Murder and extremism is bad wherever it comes from.
I'm just pointing out that it's normal to distrust an organization that states it will not stop until you and your kind are "eradicated" while referencing to the end times in some ominous fashion, as if it were your holy duty to kill an entire creed.

It just so happens that the New Testament explicitly tells us to love our neighbor, turn the other cheek and even pray for those who persecute us.
Whereas the Quoran.. well...

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Jesus has taught us to love our neighbors, and he has written himself into our hearts - I want to make that very clear, and I want you to understand it.

Jesus (peace be upon him) taught us to worship Allaah, his & our Lord Who created him & us all, alone. He has not written himself into our hearts because he is not the controller of hearts. Allaah is. I understand his message perfectly which is why I follow his message and refuse to worship him instead of God. It grieves me to know that those who love him so much have done the thing that he despised most (associate partners with his Lord and our Lord).

where I have encountered Muslims, I have seen them advocating or justifying violence, even those who I would have called very "integrated".
You mean how Christians do when they advocate or justify violence that Israel commits? I know the feeling.

Nonetheless, I want you to understand that you are loved, not only by God, but by everyone that follows the teachings of Christ.
Yes, I know (the followers of Jesus' core message, and the rest of God's Prophets, are the Muslims).

Tell me more - you mentoined the Masjid al-Aqsa, I assume you mean the Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem? Are you from the area?
No, but, like all Muslims, it's near and dear to my heart.

If so, how do you perceive the situation? What's your opinion Hamas, and more importantly: what is your opinion on the methods of indiscriminate bombing? Do you condemn it only for Israel, or do you believe that Hamas' terror attacks are also to be condemned?
1.) Do you call Israel's attacking of Gaza terror attacks as well and condemn their attacks on Gaza as indiscriminate (even though they have guided missiles)?

2.) If a targeted & precise method is available, then I don't see why this option should not be taken. But what should a people do when they do not have the sophisticated, guided technology that their enemies have (though it doesn't seem like it considering Hamas has killed far less non-combatants than Israel and Hamas is the one with the crude, unguided weapons) and are attacking them with without care for civilian populations? Are the Palestinians just supposed to throw flowers in the face of these attacks just because they do not have guided missiles?

They are not intentionally targeting these civilian populations.

What do you mean by this? I have not heard of a culture of entrapment?
Spying on Muslims, asking them "agent provocateur" type questions, infiltrating our masjids (our places of worship that should be safe from spying), sending FBI agents to impressionable young Muslims and encouraging them to commit crimes & then the FBI thwarting their own plots (even though those young Muslims would not have otherwise done anything of the sort but because they were prodded & molded, they agree to criminal acts).

You may not have heard of it because you are not part of the Muslim community, but unfortunately we know all too well about it.

The reference that these questions may lead Muslims down a path of "legal problems" begs the question as to whether or not the answers to these questions may contradict Western laws, ethics or morals?
No, but Muslims have a separate justice system. What might not land a non-Muslim in jail is enough for a Muslim. Tarek Mehanna was imprisoned for 17 years just for translating material the prosecution found objectionable even though it was not illegal. Again, the distrust of the government and of people who ask loaded questions is not unfounded.

I don't mean to intrude, but you say your views on this matter may lead you astray to legal troubles?
I said the opposite. I said that I don't think my answer will cause me any trouble. Despite this, I will not answer because I do not wish to encourage this entrapment culture.

I was hoping you may shed some light on the matter and respond in a way that prejudice may be countered. Watzlawick once said "you can't not communicate" - even silence on a matter will be interpreted one way or another. :/
If, despite my repeated explanations on why I will not reply to such questions (because they are seen as questions asked by an agent provocateur and by those seeking to entrap others and I refuse to be encourage this entrapment culture), people wrongly interpret my silence, that's their problem.

As I said, I have a general distrust to questions regarding Islam. I have read of Taqqiya, I have read about Islams violent founding past (Mohammad's executions, etc.) and I have read -albeit out of context- some Suras from the Quoran.
1.) If you have read about taqiyyah, you should know that I, nor most of the Muslim world as known in the West, have that concept. It is largely a concept that exists among the Shi'as who are, according to the West, 10-20% of the Muslim population. I am not a Shi'aa, I am a Sunni.

2.) What executions are you referring to?

3.) I invite you to read the entire Qur'aan and commentary on it by Muslim authors.

I hear allegations towards Islam, and I ask you on your position - and you say you do not want to answer, citing distrust, legal problems and "entrapment" - what do you think I should believe about Islam being a religion of peace?
You should believe that the followers of Islaam are tired of being persecuted in nations that claim we have the same rights as others. And, again, I invite you to study the Qur'aan & the Prophet's biography if you're really interested in what Islaam (the religion of justice) says.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I actually had another post before this one that you replied to (don't know if you didn't see it or forgot to reply)

I do not think it is the intention of Israel to "collectively punish" a populace for their election results. I do, however, feel that the election results and resulting governing party do give cause for concern and ultimately change foreign policy.

See how you're placing the blame on the victims? The way you're phrasing your argument is so very similar to the pro-Zionist media in the West whenever it comes to any issue regarding Palestine-Israel.

Here's how it went down. The Palestinians voted for someone, the US/Israel didn't like it & called the winning party a terrorist organization (oh, how convenient), and Israel placed a blockade on it because Hamas won.

Six and a half years ago, shortly after Hamas won the Palestinian legislative elections and took charge of Gaza, a senior Israeli official described Israel’s planned response. “The idea,” he said, “is to put the Palestinians on a diet, but not to make them die of hunger.”

.....If the politicians and generals were advised by health experts that Gaza needed at least 170 trucks a day, why did they oversee a policy that allowed in only 67?

There can be no doubt that the diet devised for Gaza — much like Israel’s blockade in general — was intended as a form of collective punishment, one directed at every man, woman and child. The goal, according to the Israeli defense ministry, was to wage “economic warfare” that would generate a political crisis, leading to a popular uprising against Hamas.

Israel's starvation diet for Gaza | The Electronic Intifada

So, yes, they are being punished for voting for the "wrong" people.

Hamas is a terrorist organization that advocates the extermination of all Jews (see Charter).
No, it does not. You still have failed to provide quotes that say they advocate the extermination of all Jews. Also, why is it a terrorist organization? Because Israel said so? Do you call the IDF a terrorist organization?

Why should Israel not have a right to close its borders? Why are these concerns only addressed towards Israel and not towards Egypt?
If Israel wants to totally control what comes in and out of Gaza, then it is incumbent that they provide enough food to avoid malnutrition. But they don't. Why should Palestinians not have a right to have enough food to eat?

As for Egypt, who said that I did not address my concerns towards Egypt? I did, and so did many others.

Is it really so hard to understand that it is more humane to prevent weapons imports into Gaza than to wage a continuous war?
Is it really so hard to understand that it is barbaric and cruel to prevent food and force the Palestinians on a "diet" as punishment for voting for Hamas? What happened to their love for democracy there?

MIDEAST: Siege Hits Palestinians Before They Are Born | Inter Press Service
Gaza siege damages Palestinians' health - study | Reuters
Israel's 'Crime Against Humanity' | Alternet
"Shocking" rate of malnutrition in donor-dependent Gaza | The Electronic Intifada
Creepy Israeli Planning for Palestinian Food Insecurity in Gaza Revealed | Informed Comment

They heard a phone call and heard gunfire. I sure hope that if I were in the situation, that a search for me would not be called off under that circumstantial evidence.
.....?

Israeli police, intelligence officials and Netanyahu knew within hours of the kidnapping and murder of the three teens that they had been killed. And they knew who the prime suspects were less than a day after the kidnapping was reported.

Rather than reveal these details to the public, Israel’s Shin Bet intelligence agency imposed a gag order on the national media, barring news outlets from reporting that the teens had almost certainly been killed, and forbidding them from revealing the identities of their suspected killers.
Netanyahu government knew teens were dead as it whipped up racist frenzy | The Electronic Intifada

Do you also hope that if you were in that situation that the terrorist Israeli government would have killed 6 Palestinian civilians in their search for the "missing" (though they knew they were already dead) teens?

Hamas had advocated the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers before the boys went missing on several occasions. Just because they "only" advocated it does not release them from responsibility. Furthermore, they went on to criticise the cooperation between Fatah and the IDF in tracking down the boys and Barhoum called the kidnappers "heroes".
1.) Who cares that Hamas advocated the capture of Israeli soldiers? How does this mean that they are responsible for the teenagers' (who were illegal settlers) kidnapping? It's amazing to see how much latitude you give to Israel but just blame Palestinians at every turn.

2.) Who cares that one person from Hamas criticized the cooperation and called the kidnappers heroes? Do these two things mean that Hamas is responsible for the kidnappings?

3.) The most important point: Netanyahu said "Hamas is responsible, Hamas will pay."

And guess what? Turns out Hamas wasn't responsible. You're ignoring this point.

Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to be the WMD of Gaza onslaught | Mondoweiss

The ceasefire that was agreed on included the clause that the tunnel destructions would continue during its period.
Evidence? Also, you expect those in the tunnels (in their own land) to just take the detonating of the tunnels without defending themselves?

Anyway, that's besides the point. Why did Israel attack Rafah based on the lie that Hamas captured one of its soldiers after the start of the ceasefire (they have since admitted that the soldier was killed in battle before the ceasefire). Israel is the one that broke the ceasefire by attacking Rafah.

.. because? Genetics? Judaism?
No, nice assuming though. Because of Zionism and how it has only brought evil and destruction to Palestine.

Not only kidnappings, but also killings constitute a breach of the cease fire.
Why are you ignoring the portion where I said THE SOLDIER WAS KILLED BEFORE THE START OF THE CEASEFIRE?

We both don't know. I can only say what the IDF stated on twitter, its news outlets, facebook and its blog - of course, the theoretical possibility still stands that these claims are simple propaganda.
Do you have evidence that IDF warned the residents of Shuja'iyah of the massacre before they were attacked?

Besides which, their warnings are turning out to be useless and are just used as a lip service. They attack places that are supposed to be safe.

But then I wonder, if Hamas advocates find all the time to post their own propaganda on facebook, then why not check the IDF blogs once in a while to see that they called for the evactuation several hours before attacks.
1.) Are you saying that those in the Shuja'iyah village were Hamas members and that they should've checked the IDF blogs instead of preparing for the dawn meal before the start of the Ramadhaan fast? Are you saying that the 65+ non-combatants that Israel killed in its massacre of the village were Hamas members?

2.) Where's your evidence that they warned Shuja'iyah about the attack at all (let alone hours before the attack)?

3.) Even if Israel gives the Palestinians ample warning, I ask again where are these Palestinians supposed to go when no where is safe?

Do you not find it terrible that Hamas is hiding weapons in these schools, making them legitimate targets?
Do you not find it terrible that Israel attacked a UN school, a center for the disabled, and destroyed hospitals providing no evidence that there are weapons in these places? They have attacked such places in the past without providing any evidence of weapons being stored there.

Israel has never provided evidence that the inhabited places they attacked have weapons in them. In fact, of the two schools that the *UN* (not Israel) found weapons in, they were vacant.

Changing the transliterations does not change the core meaning.
That's not changing the translations (not transliteration). This is the wording of the narrations in Arabic. They are different narrations to the one in Hamas' charter but they're referring to the same event.

And it shows that not all Jews will be killed but the ones who will be fought against & killed are the ones who were fighting against the Muslims. This is in contrast to your incorrect, repeated statement that this narration calls for the extermination of all Jews.

The new covenant (New Testament) is the covenant between God and man since his crucifiction. It explicitly denies allowing murder under any circumstance.
Ok, doesn't change the fact that Jesus (peace be upon him)/ God (Exalted is He from all claims of Him being His own creation), according to the Christians, commanded the people to slaughter innocent babies of a town for a sin of their forefathers. Or does it not count as "primordial human instincts that tell us to kill those who attack us of the" Christianian "ideology"? Oh...wait, it's not even about those attacking you....it's about attacking those who are completely innocent.

I have understood this. But I wonder what constitutes defence.
Whatever constitutes as defense, Islaam forbids the Muslims from the intentional targeting of non-combatant women and children. Islaam would never, ever tell us to slaughter entire nations including their babies. That was my point.

Israel has existed for more than two generations now - is it still okay to drive out the third generation?
Neither the original inhabitants (some of whom are still alive) nor their descendants ever stopped struggling for their right to the land back. Plus, the Zionist Israelis are just as, if not more, brutal than the first generation of Zionists who took over. They are even denying the Palestinians of the right to self-defense and portray themselves (i.e. the aggressors) as the victims instead of the invaders & occupiers.

What constitutes an "attack" on Islam? When Muslims were driven out of Spain, was than an "attack" that would justify killing Spaniards in the 21st century?
Where did my post talk about attacks on Islaam? See, this is what I mean by not wanting to encourage the entrapment culture. You seem to be asking a lot of loaded & agent-provocateur-like questions.

I'll leave you with this quote from Ibn al-Qayyim, a classical scholar who is highly regarded by many Muslims:

"Killing is only obligatory when facing warfare and armed combat not when facing kufr (disbelief). For this reason, neither women are to be killed nor children, or the elderly, nor the blind nor those worshippers who do not fight, rather we fight against those who fight us. This was the way of the Messenger of Allaah in dealing with the people of the earth, he used to fight those who fought against him until they either entered into the deen, make an agreement or treaty with him or came under his authority via paying the jizya. This is what he used to instruct his armies if they fought against their enemies, as has preceded from the Hadeeth of Buraydah".
("Ahkaam Al Udh-Dhimmah", Vol 1, Page 17).

These are exactly the questions I have. And I do hope you can find the trust to actually answer these questions because they will prove more insightful than merely referencing to Surahs.
The Qur'aan and the sunnah are where we derive our understanding of Islaam from.

You can also try out this website for answers to common allegations from anti-Islaam sites:

Islamic Awareness
Home

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Brigid48
Oh please, Christians have been exterminating unbelievers like pagans like me for centuries (even today witches are being murdered by christians over in Africa and it hasn't been that long even here in the US since you Christians have had witch hunts).
Then why aren't they going against the voodoo rituals practiced in Haiti?

Malachi 3:5
And I come near to ye for judgement and I become a witness making haste in ones making sorceries/3784 kashaph/ and in ones adultering......

Revelation 9:21
And not they reform out of their murders, nor out from their sorceries/far-makeiwn <5331> ,...........

5 Voodoo Movies That You Shouldn?t Watch Before Travelling to Haiti

The Serpent and the Rainbow Official Trailer #1 - Bill Pullman Movie (1988) HD - YouTube

Upvote 0

Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello LBAM.
Thank you again for responding, I will skip some duplicate arguments in order to reduce clutter. If you feel I have failed to address points, please feel free to call me back on it.

1.) Do you call Israel's attacking of Gaza terror attacks as well and condemn their attacks on Gaza as indiscriminate (even though they have guided missiles)?

I do not call them terror attacks, because - to me - there is a very large difference between indiscriminately (or even intentionally) targeting civillian areas to further political goals and, on the other hand, state actions towards armed combatants.
This is an area on which we both disagree on the facts. I will go to claim that, from my perspective, Israel is attempting to minimize civillian casualties - and you will claim that the opposite is the case. This is an area in which both of our perceptions may be far off target.
Because we both do not sit in the "operations room" of a given IDF operation, we cannot say for sure as to what extent the populace is being warned of impending strikes.

To me, it is certain that Israel is losing the battle for public opinion with every civillian casualty. Every innocent death they produce will be another problem in gaining international support (and thus international finances). As such, it cannot be in the interest of Israel to produce casualties.
Hamas, on the other hand, seems to be winning the battle for public support, because their rockets are effective in only a minority of the cases.

I also know that very Pro-Palestinian reporters in my country have published stories that cite Palestinian families that were informed of incoming strikes 45 minutes prior and thus fled to safer areas. As I said - in how many cases these calls go out cannot be said for sure.
The same outlet also published reports that Hamas was telling civillians to stay in areas where leaflets were distributed, saying they will die as martyrs. Not to mention that families of those "martyrs" were paid a hefty lump of cash in the past.
Since you may doubt the authenticity, this same news outlet also helped uncover crimes against humanity by Israeli officials, who ordered a Palestinian child to open a suspicious package they assumed might be a bomb.

So, do you want to know my opinion? I think some Israelis have been acting with vicious and evil intent. The nature of war is to attract evil and many succumb to violence. Nonetheless, there is a difference in condoning or even encouraging civillian deaths and having rogue soldiers perpetrate war crimes. I don't glorify what the IDF does, but it doesn't really have much of a choice.

I don't see the alternative: Hamas fires rockets indiscriminately into Israel. What should Israel do?

2.) If a targeted & precise method is available, then I don't see why this option should not be taken. But what should a people do when they do not have the sophisticated, guided technology that their enemies have (though it doesn't seem like it considering Hamas has killed far less non-combatants than Israel and Hamas is the one with the crude, unguided weapons) and are attacking them with without care for civilian populations? Are the Palestinians just supposed to throw flowers in the face of these attacks just because they do not have guided missiles?

No, Palestinians need to learn that they need to recognize the Israeli state as existant and they need to learn to negotiate not by firing rockets but by offering services.
The West Bank and Fatah have shown that economic growth is possible. Israel has a keen interest in having economically healthy neighbors with which they can conduct business.
And guess what? I think the Palestinians in the West Bank are much, much closer to own statehood than the Gazans are.

They are not intentionally targeting these civilian populations.

Taking it back a decade before the borders were closed, Hamas' intent to killing many civillians was more prominent.
List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After all, 47 suicide bombings

This also, on a side note, shows why "opening the borders" is not acceptable so long as Hamas does not accept the fact that the third generation of Israelis lives in its own state and that this state exists and will exist.

Spying on Muslims, asking them "agent provocateur" type questions, infiltrating our masjids (our places of worship that should be safe from spying), sending FBI agents to impressionable young Muslims and encouraging them to commit crimes & then the FBI thwarting their own plots (even though those young Muslims would not have otherwise done anything of the sort but because they were prodded & molded, they agree to criminal acts).

I am sorry to see that these things happen to your community, if that is true.

You may not have heard of it because you are not part of the Muslim community, but unfortunately we know all too well about it.

From what I gather on facebook from Muslim acquaintances, Muslims do also have a tendency to accuse anything that might not be in accordance with their own worldview to be a Western "conspiracy".
You wouldn't guess how many conflicting posts I have seen this week, ranging from:

- ISIS is a CIA creation
to
- ISIS isn't cruel, the media just portrays it wrong

I am not saying your allegations are unfounded - I am just saying that I wouldn't be sure they're true unless I had actually seen it with my own eyes.

No, but Muslims have a separate justice system. What might not land a non-Muslim in jail is enough for a Muslim. Tarek Mehanna was imprisoned for 17 years just for translating material the prosecution found objectionable even though it was not illegal. Again, the distrust of the government and of people who ask loaded questions is not unfounded.
I said the opposite. I said that I don't think my answer will cause me any trouble. Despite this, I will not answer because I do not wish to encourage this entrapment culture.
If, despite my repeated explanations on why I will not reply to such questions (because they are seen as questions asked by an agent provocateur and by those seeking to entrap others and I refuse to be encourage this entrapment culture), people wrongly interpret my silence, that's their problem.

The problem is that this idea of "that's not my problem" is fuel for the resentment against and fear of Islam that is spreading among the Western, Russian, Chinese and African populace.
We see suicide bombings, deal with terror attacks and yet many Muslims are very silent on the issue. :( I do not mean this as a threat, but don't you fear that silence on the matter may even fuel these feelings and cause you troubles in the future?

1.) If you have read about taqiyyah, you should know that I, nor most of the Muslim world as known in the West, have that concept. It is largely a concept that exists among the Shi'as who are, according to the West, 10-20% of the Muslim population. I am not a Shi'aa, I am a Sunni.

Apologies. I did not know that.

2.) What executions are you referring to?
List of Killings Ordered or Supported by Muhammad - WikiIslam
Banu Qurayza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Banu Qurayza is just off the top of my head. Was it not true that Mohammad ordered the execution of some Meccans who had "insulted" him?

3.) I invite you to read the entire Qur'aan and commentary on it by Muslim authors.

I actually do aim to do that.

You should believe that the followers of Islaam are tired of being persecuted in nations that claim we have the same rights as others. And, again, I invite you to study the Qur'aan & the Prophet's biography if you're really interested in what Islaam (the religion of justice) says.

I cannot say it for the US. The US was a different place when I was there from what it is now.
I can speak for Europe, though - and here, I get the feeling that many Muslims seem to want all privileges without obligations. But then again, this is a different discussion and most certainly nothing that will serve our dialogue.

Upvote 0

Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
See how you're placing the blame on the victims? The way you're phrasing your argument is so very similar to the pro-Zionist media in the West whenever it comes to any issue regarding Palestine-Israel.

Hamas has been terrorizing the region for decades. The suicide bombings before the border fence was constructed obviously show their intent to eradicate the State of Israel as they have clearly stated in their Charta.
The fact that they had grown so strong in Gaza and that they seized power is reason to shut them out.

Here's how it went down. The Palestinians voted for someone, the US/Israel didn't like it & called the winning party a terrorist organization (oh, how convenient), and Israel placed a blockade on it because Hamas won.

Hamas was considered a terrorist organization long before it won any election. Mostly, because it has employed the deliberate bombing of civillian institutions as a mean to further its political aim of destroying the State of Israel.

List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Link removed for clutter)So, yes, they are being punished for voting for the "wrong" people.

A "senior official" (without naming names) was quoted as saying something on a homepage calling itself "Electronic Intifadah"? I am sure you can find better sources to back up these claims.
--> I am only saying this because you are giving the impression that you actually consider these outlets to be a legitimate source of news, when their own name already reveals that their bias. The same article is available on Haaretz and other news outlets, but you choose to quote Electronic Intifadah? That makes it difficult for me to check on each claim because this homepage obviously has the intent to deliver a political message instead of news.

As for the Red Line policy, one can criticise that and I agree that there's not much in my mind that speaks against adequate food import policies.
So, yes, in that respect, Israel has made a mistake and this should be corrected.

No, it does not. You still have failed to provide quotes that say they advocate the extermination of all Jews. Also, why is it a terrorist organization? Because Israel said so? Do you call the IDF a terrorist organization?

It is a terrorist organization because it advocates bombing of civillian targets for political means and because their stated political goals include the destruction of a democratic state.
Again, I have provided a list of palestinian suicide bombings. Hamas has made no promise or indication that they are willing to move away from this policy.

If Israel wants to totally control what comes in and out of Gaza, then it is incumbent that they provide enough food to avoid malnutrition. But they don't. Why should Palestinians not have a right to have enough food to eat?

Agreed. :)

As for Egypt, who said that I did not address my concerns towards Egypt? I did, and so did many others.

Apologies, it seemed to me as if this criticism was only being directed towards Israel.

Is it really so hard to understand that it is barbaric and cruel to prevent food and force the Palestinians on a "diet" as punishment for voting for Hamas? What happened to their love for democracy there?

Restricting the import of food and water is indeed cause for concern. Thank you for sharing this information. I have only seen that there is a discrepancy between the UN recommendations and the Israeli imports - do you have any information as to how the Israeli government is trying to justify this?

Again, please try to find articles from more respected news services.
The internet is filled with lies on both sides - it turns out that even the most horrific and spread rumors (ISIS beheading of children, for example) have yet to be confirmed.

As for the malnutrition issue, I do say you are correct in that Gazans have a right to an adequate food and water supply.

Israeli police, intelligence officials and Netanyahu knew within hours of the kidnapping and murder of the three teens that they had been killed. And they knew who the prime suspects were less than a day after the kidnapping was reported.

Rather than reveal these details to the public, Israel’s Shin Bet intelligence agency imposed a gag order on the national media, barring news outlets from reporting that the teens had almost certainly been killed, and forbidding them from revealing the identities of their suspected killers.
Netanyahu government knew teens were dead as it whipped up racist frenzy | The Electronic Intifada

Can you provide a serious news link? Again, this is the first time I have heard of said gag order.

1.) Who cares that Hamas advocated the capture of Israeli soldiers? How does this mean that they are responsible for the teenagers' (who were illegal settlers) kidnapping? It's amazing to see how much latitude you give to Israel but just blame Palestinians at every turn.

Assume that George W. Bush would have said "well, citizens, it's time we kill extremist Muslims" after 9/11 and this prompted some Texans to shoot innocent Muslims, would you say Bush wasn't responsible?

2.) Who cares that one person from Hamas criticized the cooperation and called the kidnappers heroes? Do these two things mean that Hamas is responsible for the kidnappings?

It shows that Hamas attempted to derail a criminal investigation into who killed three jewish children. Is that okay? Is it okay to call someone a hero for killing children?
You don't honestly want me to believe that this was "just one lonely guy" and "everyone else in Hamas hates murder as much as anyone else"? Why didn't any other Hamas member deny these statements, then?

3.) The most important point: Netanyahu said "Hamas is responsible, Hamas will pay."

Again, anyone who calls for kidnappings with the result of the murder of three children - and then even goes back to call the murderers "heroes" and criticise the investigation is responsible.

Imagine these were Muslim, not Jewish children. Would that make it worse? How would you have reacted if Netanyahu had called the murderers of the Palestinian boy "heroes" and said there should be no investigation?

Evidence? Also, you expect those in the tunnels (in their own land) to just take the detonating of the tunnels without defending themselves?

Noone was "in" the tunnels and if they were, they could have surrendered.
The fact is that these terror tunnels are illegal and the state has every right to blow them to dust.

Why are you ignoring the portion where I said THE SOLDIER WAS KILLED BEFORE THE START OF THE CEASEFIRE?

Because this was not known at the time.

Do you have evidence that IDF warned the residents of Shuja'iyah of the massacre before they were attacked?
The IDF regularly publishes the warnings they spread on their facebook/twitter sites.
The post that the IDF was distributing leaflets was online days before the Shuja'iyah attack.

1.) Are you saying that those in the Shuja'iyah village were Hamas members and that they should've checked the IDF blogs instead of preparing for the dawn meal before the start of the Ramadhaan fast? Are you saying that the 65+ non-combatants that Israel killed in its massacre of the village were Hamas members?

I am saying that:
a) "non combants" and "children" seem to be defined according to whatever Hamas calls them
b) If you're living in war and the IDF is distributing leaflets telling you to get out, then you should get out.

2.) Where's your evidence that they warned Shuja'iyah about the attack at all (let alone hours before the attack)?
https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/490811849718259712/photo/1

This goes in accordance to what was reported the days before by press agencies in the region.

3.) Even if Israel gives the Palestinians ample warning, I ask again where are these Palestinians supposed to go when no where is safe?

The flyer contained instructions to Gaza city.
It's also common knowledge to stay clear of weapons facilities.

Do you not find it terrible that Israel attacked a UN school, a center for the disabled, and destroyed hospitals providing no evidence that there are weapons in these places? They have attacked such places in the past without providing any evidence of weapons being stored there.

UNRWA Condemns Placement of Rockets, for a Second Time, in One of Its Schools | UNRWA

Israel has never provided evidence that the inhabited places they attacked have weapons in them. In fact, of the two schools that the *UN* (not Israel) found weapons in, they were vacant.

Actually, they have. Secondary explosions after bombings indicate bombing storage.
Do you actually believe the countless of rockets flying towards Israel just come out of nowhere?

And it shows that not all Jews will be killed but the ones who will be fought against & killed are the ones who were fighting against the Muslims. This is in contrast to your incorrect, repeated statement that this narration calls for the extermination of all Jews.

Right, that's why they launched rockets into Tel Aviv and called the murderers of three Jewish children "heroes"?

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Sorry for the delay. Sometimes responding to long posts can get daunting when I have a lot of stuff to do offline.

I do not call them terror attacks, because - to me - there is a very large difference between indiscriminately (or even intentionally) targeting civillian areas to further political goals and, on the other hand, state actions towards armed combatants.

....Israel indiscriminately and intentionally targets civilian areas to further their evilness (and perhaps political goals such as undermining the unity government Hamas and Fatah formed or trying to beat the Palestinians into submission). So you should be calling them terror attacks.

The 4 boys on the beach, the 9 children playing at a park on the day of 'Eid, the hospitals, the UN shelter, the Shuja'iyah village, the center for the disabled, just to name a few, are civilian areas.

This is an area on which we both disagree on the facts. I will go to claim that, from my perspective, Israel is attempting to minimize civillian casualties - and you will claim that the opposite is the case. This is an area in which both of our perceptions may be far off target.
The death toll & percentage of non-combatants dead is a good indicator.

Israelis have killed ~1,900 people, 70-80% of them being non-combatants according to the UN (~50% according to Israel). They're either incredibly incompetent at minimizing civilian deaths or they just don't care about non-combatant deaths.

Hamas has killed 67 people, 3 of them being non-combatants (1 of those 3 was distributing sweets to the IDF) - so let's be generous and bump the percentage of non-combatants killed 5%.

No, Palestinians need to learn that they need to recognize the Israeli state as existant and they need to learn to negotiate not by firing rockets but by offering services.
Like offering the service of giving up their legitimate right to their own land? Israel needs to recognize that Palestine has a legitimate struggle for their land. Just because they haven't given up doesn't mean they should.

The West Bank and Fatah have shown that economic growth is possible. Israel has a keen interest in having economically healthy neighbors with which they can conduct business.
That's why they limit the water that those in the West Bank get? That's why they arrested hundreds of Palestinians in the West Bank while "searching" for those "missing" teens? That's why they killed 10 Palestinians in the West Bank?

And guess what? I think the Palestinians in the West Bank are much, much closer to own statehood than the Gazans are.
The West Bank still has the physical presence of illegal Israeli occupiers (even according to the standards of the rest of the world), including those 3 teenagers. They still have their resources being stolen (so does Gaza, but the ones in the West Bank are being stolen by the settlers that Israel supports and defends).

Taking it back a decade before the borders were closed, Hamas' intent to killing many civillians was more prominent.
That still did not answer my point on how they are not intentionally targeting non-combatants now (and they still have access to Israel through those tunnels and they have only attacked the military).

On the other hand, from the beginning of the creation of Israel to now, the Zionist's intent on killing many civilians has been readily apparent.

From what I gather on facebook from Muslim acquaintances, Muslims do also have a tendency to accuse anything that might not be in accordance with their own worldview to be a Western "conspiracy".
So because of what your limited sample of Muslim acquaintances on facebook says, you are able to conclude what Muslims have a tendency to do?

I am not saying your allegations are unfounded - I am just saying that I wouldn't be sure they're true unless I had actually seen it with my own eyes.
Yet you believe what Israel says without actually seeing it with your own eyes (and it has been proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Israel lies a lot).

The FBI successfully thwarts its own Terrorist plot - Salon.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/terrorist-plots-helped-along-by-the-fbi.html

http://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/reports/usterrorism0714_ForUpload_0_0_0.pdf

How the FBI's Network of Informants Actually Created Most of the Terrorist Plots "Foiled" in the US Since 9/11 | Alternet

The problem is that this idea of "that's not my problem" is fuel for the resentment against and fear of Islam that is spreading among the Western, Russian, Chinese and African populace.
Too bad for them that they're so short-sighted and uneducated that they do not look at what their governments are doing to the Muslim populations (and then conflate the actions of people with religion).

Banu Qurayza is just off the top of my head.
wikiislam, seriously? And you actually criticized my usage of ElectronicIntifada (a credible news source that many well-known news sources quote from)?

As for Banu Quraydhah, they committed high treason.

"The reason for the campaign goes back to Banu Qurayzah’s breaking of the treaty between themselves and the Prophet. This has been proved from different reports which, when taken together, could be used as valid evidence. Huyayy ibn Akhtab al Nadari5 incited them to break the treaty at a critical time when the Muslims were being besieged by 10,000 warriors from the various tribes. There is a strong report that the Prophet sent al Zubayr ibn al Awwam6 to check on Banu Qurayzah, then he sent Sad ibn Mu’adh, Sa’d ibn ‘Ubadah, Abd Allah ibn Rawahah and Khawwat ibn Jubayr7 to check whether the rumors about the treachery of Banu Qurayzah were true. These four confirmed the rumors, and this news distressed the Muslims."

The Expulsion of Banu al-Qurayzah

Was it not true that Mohammad ordered the execution of some Meccans who had "insulted" him?
I don't know what your deal is with the quotation marks in places where they don't belong, but would you care to provide the specific examples?

Anyway, in the Islaamic state, attacking the Prophet Muhammad is attacking the religion of Islaam itself and blasphemy has the punishment of death in such a state. Same with attacking any of the other Prophets (including Jesus). Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them all.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Hamas has been terrorizing the region for decades. The suicide bombings before the border fence was constructed obviously show their intent to eradicate the State of Israel as they have clearly stated in their Charta.

Even if that's true, what is that in response to? To Zionists taking their land, killing their people, and exiling others?

Hamas was considered a terrorist organization long before it won any election. Mostly, because it has employed the deliberate bombing of civillian institutions as a mean to further its political aim of destroying the State of Israel.
Why hasn't the Israeli government been named a terrorist organization since they've been deliberately bombing civilian institutions as a means to further their political aims of Zionism ever since they invaded Palestine?

A "senior official" (without naming names) was quoted as saying something on a homepage calling itself "Electronic Intifadah"? I am sure you can find better sources to back up these claims.
He's definitely pro-Palestine, but he bases it on facts. It's like saying a website titled "Electronic Warsaw Ghetto Uprising" posting information about Nazi Germany is not a good source just because of the title. Unlike wikiislam, Electronic Intifada is a reputable news source and other reputable sites cite it. It broke the story on the Israeli soldier posting a picture of a boy in the crosshairs of his rifle on instagram and sites like the Guardian and Telegraph cited Electronic Intifada.

As for the Red Line policy, one can criticise that and I agree that there's not much in my mind that speaks against adequate food import policies.
So, yes, in that respect, Israel has made a mistake and this should be corrected.
Made a mistake? They've been collectively punishing the population for voting for the "wrong" people for years. They're long past making a mistake.

It is a terrorist organization because it advocates bombing of civillian targets for political means and because their stated political goals include the destruction of a democratic state.
Do you really not see how this is *precisely* why you should be against Israel? If this is your logic to hate Hamas and defend Israel from it, then you should hate Israel and defend Palestine from it.

Again, I have provided a list of palestinian suicide bombings. Hamas has made no promise or indication that they are willing to move away from this policy.
And I have repeatedly shown the casualties for both sides and the type of warfare. Israel, despite having superior technology that is able to pinpoint cars, manages to kill mainly non-combatants. Hamas, despite having homemade weapons, manages to kill mainly combatants.

Restricting the import of food and water is indeed cause for concern. Thank you for sharing this information. I have only seen that there is a discrepancy between the UN recommendations and the Israeli imports - do you have any information as to how the Israeli government is trying to justify this?
You're welcome. I do not know how the Israeli government is trying to justify it, but does it matter? They've been doing this for years.

Again, please try to find articles from more respected news services.
Reuters? That was one of the links.

Can you provide a serious news link? Again, this is the first time I have heard of said gag order.
Electronic Intifada is a serious news link. Why don't you actually explore the site and see the evidence they use?

Assume that George W. Bush would have said "well, citizens, it's time we kill extremist Muslims" after 9/11 and this prompted some Texans to shoot innocent Muslims, would you say Bush wasn't responsible?
Hamas advocated the capture of IDF, specifically. Those teenagers were not IDF (though they *were* illegal settlers which probably means that they were armed). So Hamas is not responsible for people capturing non-IDF members.

It shows that Hamas attempted to derail a criminal investigation into who killed three jewish children. Is that okay? Is it okay to call someone a hero for killing children?
No, it does not show that. All it shows is that one guy in Hamas was applauding the kidnapping and was not in support of helping the Israeli government (most Palestinians are probably not in support of helping the Israeli government do anything....why should they be expected to after all the massacres the same Israeli government puts them through?). It does not mean that they are to be blamed for the kidnapping.

Again, anyone who calls for kidnappings with the result of the murder of three children - and then even goes back to call the murderers "heroes" and criticise the investigation is responsible.
They did not call for the kidnappings of the Israeli teenagers. And none of this means that they are responsible. And if it does, then you are saying 1 Hamas member is responsible. That does not = saying "Hamas is responsible, Hamas will pay," and then leveling Gaza....only for us to find out that it was just a few rogue Palestinians and that they were in the West Bank (where there are Jewish settlers) and not in Gaza (where there are only Musims and it's easier to drop bombs on them since not many Jewish non-combatants will be killed). And Israel knew who the suspects (who haven't confessed) were a day after the kidnapping....and bombed their homes (where their families also resided).

Imagine these were Muslim, not Jewish children. Would that make it worse? How would you have reacted if Netanyahu had called the murderers of the Palestinian boy "heroes" and said there should be no investigation?
He does much worse by having the IDF go murder Palestinian boys and girls and then call them heroes. The problem is that some of the most powerful countries in the world don't see anything wrong with this.

Noone was "in" the tunnels and if they were, they could have surrendered.
Why should they surrender in their own tunnels during a ceasefire? Israel should not have been detonating tunnels during a ceasefire. So even *if* Hamas had captured an IDF soldier after the ceasefire began (which is not true), the IDF would have broken the ceasefire before Hamas by detonating the tunnels.

The fact is that these terror tunnels are illegal and the state has every right to blow them to dust.
They're illegal? Why? Because only Israel has the right to a legitimate self-defense (even though they're the occupiers and invaders) and Palestinians don't?

And how does Israel have the right to blow them to dust when they're in Palestinian land next to the Egyptian border as a way to find relief from the vicious siege that Israel imposed on the Palestinians?

Because this was not known at the time.
And how is this the problem of those in Rafah? Or Gaza? Or anyone besides Israel? The fact of the matter is that Israel is the one that broke the ceasefire but you are trying to find all sorts of ways to defend them in this....but when it's Hamas that breaks the ceasefire, then it must be pointed out to show that Israel was only responding.

The IDF regularly publishes the warnings they spread on their facebook/twitter sites.
Their only power plant was bombed. So how does the internet really benefit a large portion of Gaza's population who are probably going without electricity?

The post that the IDF was distributing leaflets was online days before the Shuja'iyah attack.
Even if it's true that they gave leaflets to everyone in Shuja'iyah, how are that many people expected to evacuate? And does this justify them bombing civilian infrastructure?

The flyer contained instructions to Gaza city.
Gaza City that was also bombed? This man lost his entire family even though he did what Israel commonly says to do when they are on their massacre spree and fled to Gaza City.

[youtube]bPzBgyyAoVA[/youtube]

So, again, where are they supposed to go when no place is safe? Those leaflets are mainly for Zionists to come to Israel's defense and praise it endlessly.

....A link about the UN itself reporting weapons stored in a *vacant* school (just like the first time) is not very compelling evidence about why Israel has hit occupied hospitals, shelters, and centers for the disabled.

Actually, they have. Secondary explosions after bombings indicate bombing storage.
Or they can indicate oxygen tanks and household products. Secondly, where is this conclusive evidence of secondary explosions being proof of bombs? And where was this proof when it comes to UN facilities being hit multiple times, with hospitals, and with the centered for the disabled? Or is Israel's say-so enough?

Right, that's why they launched rockets into Tel Aviv and called the murderers of three Jewish children "heroes"?
Tel Aviv houses the largest military base, I believe and I already addressed the second part of your statement in this post.

My point is that you are wrongly interpreting that hadeeth.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First I'm going to be blunt and point out that a lot of the news media is antisemitic.

A Finnish journalist who inadvertently confirmed on-air that Hamas has been shielding its rocket attacks by operating from the parking lot of Gaza’s Al Shifa Hospital was remorseful and angry at the weekend because the news was beneficial to the Israeli side. -- http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/08/04/finnish-journalist-who-confirmed-hamas-using-al-shifa-hospital-to-launch-rockets-dismayed-viral-coverage-ignores-her-intended-narrative/

....Israel indiscriminately and intentionally targets civilian areas to further their evilness (and perhaps political goals such as undermining the unity government Hamas and Fatah formed or trying to beat the Palestinians into submission). So you should be calling them terror attacks.

You're disregarding the fact that Hamas fires rockets from locations where civilians are present, because they want as many children dead as possible so they can parade the bodies of dead children in front of the camera.

The 4 boys on the beach, the 9 children playing at a park on the day of 'Eid, the hospitals, the UN shelter, the Shuja'iyah village, the center for the disabled, just to name a few, are civilian areas.

Hamas hiding rockets in schools, children&#39;s playgrounds, Israel and UN agency say | Fox News

The death toll & percentage of non-combatants dead is a good indicator.

That's only when you don't have one side that likes to use 5 year olds as human shields, and want children to be killed so they can parade the dead children in front of cameras.

Israelis have killed ~1,900 people, 70-80% of them being non-combatants according to the UN (~50% according to Israel). They're either incredibly incompetent at minimizing civilian deaths or they just don't care about non-combatant deaths.

Hamas Spokersman admits in using Children as human Shields - YouTube

Hamas has killed 67 people, 3 of them being non-combatants (1 of those 3 was distributing sweets to the IDF) - so let's be generous and bump the percentage of non-combatants killed 5%.

The death toll for the Israelis would actually be a lot lower if not for the fact that they don't want to kill Palestinian children. If they honestly wanted to kill as many Palestinians as possible, all of Gaza would be one big crater.

Like offering the service of giving up their legitimate right to their own land? Israel needs to recognize that Palestine has a legitimate struggle for their land. Just because they haven't given up doesn't mean they should.

Do you recognize Israel's right to exist?

That's why they limit the water that those in the West Bank get? That's why they arrested hundreds of Palestinians in the West Bank while "searching" for those "missing" teens? That's why they killed 10 Palestinians in the West Bank?

With arrest of six Jews in Arab teen’s killing, Israel confronts its own extremists - The Washington Post

The West Bank still has the physical presence of illegal Israeli occupiers (even according to the standards of the rest of the world), including those 3 teenagers. They still have their resources being stolen (so does Gaza, but the ones in the West Bank are being stolen by the settlers that Israel supports and defends).

I'd actually care what the international community thought, if they actually did something about what goes on in Sudan, rather than bashing Israel all the time.

That still did not answer my point on how they are not intentionally targeting non-combatants now (and they still have access to Israel through those tunnels and they have only attacked the military).

Maybe you need to find better sources...

Stories From The Battlefield: Hamas Tunnels Used To Target Israel's Kindergartens | The Daily Caller

Last I checked kindergartners were non-combatants...

On the other hand, from the beginning of the creation of Israel to now, the Zionist's intent on killing many civilians has been readily apparent.

The number of Palestinian casualties is rather low (putting it mildly), if that was the real objective of the Israelis.

So because of what your limited sample of Muslim acquaintances on facebook says, you are able to conclude what Muslims have a tendency to do?

Facebook wouldn't be an accurate indicator.

Yet you believe what Israel says without actually seeing it with your own eyes (and it has been proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Israel lies a lot).

Are you really trying to tell me that Hamas is telling the truth?

There were other stuff in your post that others have addressed.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
for every video you can post on Palestinians getting killed you can post another on Christians getting butchered in africa amongst other places....but i forgot muslims dont do stuff like that its only the Jewish ...a staggering level of hypocrisy is once again on display

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
You're disregarding the fact that Hamas fires rockets from locations where civilians are present, because they want as many children dead as possible so they can parade the bodies of dead children in front of the camera.

Why don't you provide proof that the UN schools doubling as shelters, the hospitals, and the center for the disabled that were all hit by Israel were housing weapons.

Or maybe you do since every time Hamas has used tunnels against Israel, they used it against the Israeli military:

The Israeli site +972 has blown that propaganda completely out of the water. A well-researched article in Hebrew that it translated from an educational worker near Gaza states that the tunnels do not appear to be targeted at civilians and they come out more than a mile from any kibbutz, let alone the kindergartens.

In short, the tunnels fear was hysteria, drummed up by the Israeli government to heighten war fever, and then purveyed by the New York Times and CNN. [Source (site renovated so link not working atm)]

Upvote 0

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why don't you provide proof that the UN schools doubling as shelters, the hospitals, and the center for the disabled that were all hit by Israel were housing weapons.

Or maybe you do since every time Hamas has used tunnels against Israel, they used it against the Israeli military:

It is almost laughable that you try and paint the Hamas terrorists as a moral group of individuals who would only ever use the tunnels (estimated cost $100,000,000+) against military targets.

This is an organization that murders without trial and without the slightest remorse, any Gazan suspected of aiding Israel in some way.
They fire their munitions in the hope of killing anyone who is Israeli, and if they had better weapons they would not hesitate to use them against the Israeli civilian population.

These are a group of Islamic fanatics who practice a disgusting form of child abuse and teach hate and terror to minors.

They are a death cult, they glorify death.

They do not have any concern about the Gazan civilians, and put their lives at risk without a second thought because their focus is on their ideology and their goal to annihilate Israel...in fact this is their obsession and somehow I think they hope to galvanize other Moslem terrorists into action against Israel because they must realize they can never defeat Israel despite the wording in their charter.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It is almost laughable that you try and paint the Hamas terrorists as a moral group of individuals who would only ever use the tunnels (estimated cost $100,000,000+) against military targets.

This is an organization that murders without trial and without the slightest remorse, any Gazan suspected of aiding Israel in some way.
They fire their munitions in the hope of killing anyone who is Israeli, and if they had better weapons they would not hesitate to use them against the Israeli civilian population.

These are a group of Islamic fanatics who practice a disgusting form of child abuse and teach hate and terror to minors.

They do not have any concern about the Gazan civilians, and put their lives at risk without a second thought because their focus is on their ideology and their goal to annihilate Israel...in fact this is their obsession and somehow I think they hope to galvanize other Moslem terrorists into action against Israel because they must realize they can never defeat Israel despite the wording in their charter.

$100,000,000.00+? My goodness, it’s not the channel tunnel.

Today’s death toll totals after Israel obliterates two high rise apartment buildings seems to paint a different picture than the one you are painting.

Palestinian deaths 2133 with 70% civilians

Israeli deaths 68 with 4 civilians (5.88%)

Israelis do not have any concern about the Gaza civilians, and put their lives at risk without a second thought because their focus is on their ideology and their goal to annihilate the Palestinian people.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
First I'm going to be blunt and point out that a lot of the news media is antisemitic..
Are they more anti-Israel, or anti-Arab/Palistinans or both.

Antisemitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Despite the use of the prefix anti-, the term "antisemitic" is not a direct opposite of "Semitic" which linguistically makes the term a misnomer.
Within common, day to day usage, however, the terms "antisemitism" and "anti-Semitism" have accepted and specific use to describe prejudice against Jews alone and in general.[4][1]

This is despite the fact that there are other speakers of Semitic languages (e.g. Arabs, Ethiopians, or Assyrians) and that not all Jews speak a Semitic language.
The term "antisemitic" has been used on occasion with meanings inclusive of bigotry against other Semitic-language peoples such as Arabs, with the validity of such use being challenged.[11][12]

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

Sep 23, 2006
✟16,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't even get how the occupier/invader gets to claim self-defense to the world in the first place.

International Conventions of War. However you want to frame the argument, the undisputable and dispositive fact under International Law is Israel has occupied and exerted dominion over the territory that they claim. Under International Law, that territory is Israel's.

In order to take the territory away from Israel:
1. A nation
2. Must form an army of uniformed combatants
3. Must use said army to occupy the territory to be claimed and exert dominion over it.

The right to engage in engage combat as a non-uniformed combatant is limited to the militia reaction to a sudden and unexpected assault. It's been 47 years, thus under International Law the use of force by non-uniformed combatants against Israel is illegal.

The legal consequence for breaking the Conventions of War is reprisal. Reprisal is essentially the right of the aggrieved party to "respond in kind" or ignore the Conventions of War. Such reprisals are to be measured and proportionate. Civil damages [that is to say money, territory or other items of value] may be compelled after the conflict from the breaching party.

So endeth the lesson.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Originally Posted by Zeek

$100,000,000.00+? My goodness, it&#8217;s not the channel tunnel.

Sources vary but it seems that my figure wasn't pulled out of thin air.
http://www.idfblog.com/blog/2014/07/26/price-hamas-underground-terror-network/

Today&#8217;s death toll totals after Israel obliterates two high rise apartment buildings seems to paint a different picture than the one you are painting.

Palestinian deaths 2133 with 70% civilians

Israeli deaths 68 with 4 civilians (5.88%)

Israelis do not have any concern about the Gaza civilians, and put their lives at risk without a second thought because their focus is on their ideology and their goal to annihilate the Palestinian people.

You know something Aryeh, I read about some of the things you wrote about what your wife and daughter overheard Israelis say about the Pals...eg wipe 'em out etc, and I have stood by Israelis myself and heard similar sentiments. However the vast majority of Israelis and British Jews that I know would distance themselves from such invective, and do not wish the deaths of Palestinians per se...(Hamas and terrorists are a different matter).

Nearly every Jewish person and Zionist like myself is appalled at the lost of life in Gaza, and constantly weighs up if this really is the way to respond...but at the end of the day we are not the Israeli government and we are not military personal who understand the full threat to Israel from Hamas and other such organizations...let alone Islamic fundamentalism.

It is completely wrong to claim that because of the scale of deaths in Gaza the Israelis do not care about the Arab civilians, or that they want to wipe out the Palestinians. Those that do are in a minority and those in govenment that would advocate it are reigned in because Israel is a liberal democracy that actually works.

Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I can't believe people are even listening to all the lies coming out of Gaza. The fact of the matter is that civilians aren't the majority killed but the terrorists. We are constantly seeing terrorists being called civilians even when they are prominent members of a terror organisation.
Families bombed at home, Gaza, July-August 2014 (initial figures) | B'Tselem
If you look for the al-Bakri family you find the name of Ibrahim al-Misharawi amongst them. According to Palestinian Center for Human Rights that all members of the family were civilians also.
Israeli occupation forces have continued their brutal and immoral offensive on the Gaza Strip for the 29th consecutive day, and have continued the policy of collective punishment in disregard for the international law and humanitarian law, which ensure protection for civilians in times of war, and in violation of the principles of necessity, proportionality and distinction. Israeli forces have continued their aerial, ground and sea attacks throughout the Gaza Strip, causing more civilian casualties and damaging civilian facilities. Israeli forces escalated their attacks throughout the Gaza Strip. Israeli forces continued to attack the Gaza Strip from the air, the ground and the sea. More Palestinian civilians were killed or wounded as Israeli warplanes bombarded houses while their residents were inside. On Monday morning, 04 August 2014, Israel declared a 5-hour humanitarian truce, but Israeli forces violated it and bombarded a house in al-Shati refugee camp, west of Gaza City, killing 6 Palestinian civilians.
There are so many lies in this one paragraph that it is not funny, but lets stick to the biggest one, tht all people killed inthe al-Hati attack were civilians. But they weren't and even Islamic Jihad made mention of the fact on their website.
|| ÓÑÇíÇ ÇáÞÏÓ || ÇáÇÚáÇã ÇáÍÑÈí ||
According to Google Translate, the person in the Photo is, yes you guessed it, "The martyr leader Ibrahim al-Mashharawi". That is a typical term used for a terrorist and they made his a promotional poster to celebrate his "rising".

But the situation is even worse with some terrorists even being classified as being children. Palestinian Center for Human Rights
At approximately 01:55, Israeli drones fired 2 missiles at a number of Palestinian civilians who were sitting near their houses in Khan Yunis refugee camp. As a result, 9 civilians, including 3 children, were killed: Yahia and Mohammed Bassam al-Sir, 20 and 17 respectively; Mohammed Mustafa Darwish Slahiya, 32; Mohammed, Mustafa and Wassim Rida Mustafa Salhiya, 22, 21 and 15 respectively; Ibrahim Jamal Kamal Nasser, 13; Mohammed &#8216;Awadh Fares Nasser, 25; and Rushdi Khaled Fares Nasser, 25.
https://www.facebook.com/KtaybAlshh...4463022741902/274462946075243/?type=1&theater
If you look at the Facebook link, he certainly looks much older than 13 years old, the guy in the poster of a Martyr.

Quite frankly I have lost all respect for reports coming out of Gaza because they are basically Hamas propaganda. The list of people dead is literally what Hamas says and yet for some reason they are considered reliable, yet history has shown those numbers to be a complete fabrication and Israel's numbers are thousand times more accurate than what we are getting out of Gaza.

Here is a video showing rockets being fied from places that should be protected, but a violated by Hamas and other groups.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmh1dhRGzzM

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Zeek

Sources vary but it seems that my figure wasn't pulled out of thin air.
http://www.idfblog.com/blog/2014/07/26/price-hamas-underground-terror-network/

You know something Aryeh, I read about some of the things you wrote about what your wife and daughter overheard Israelis say about the Pals...eg wipe 'em out etc, and I have stood by Israelis myself and heard similar sentiments. However the vast majority of Israelis and British Jews that I know would distance themselves from such invective, and do not wish the deaths of Palestinians per se...(Hamas and terrorists are a different matter).

Nearly every Jewish person and Zionist like myself is appalled at the lost of life in Gaza, and constantly weighs up if this really is the way to respond...but at the end of the day we are not the Israeli government and we are not military personal who understand the full threat to Israel from Hamas and other such organizations...let alone Islamic fundamentalism.

It is completely wrong to claim that because of the scale of deaths in Gaza the Israelis do not care about the Arab civilians, or that they want to wipe out the Palestinians. Those that do are in a minority and those in govenment that would advocate it are reigned in because Israel is a liberal democracy that actually works.

I understand what you are saying, and on July 13, 2014, I was still supporting Israel.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7832188-2/#post65984723
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832188-3/#post65985673
And so on the 14th.
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832376-5/#post65988423
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832376-5/#post65988448
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832086-3/#post65988869
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832086-3/#post65989096
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832376-6/#post65989339
15th
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832086-6/#post65995483
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832085/#post65995492
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832376-11/#post65995524
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832700-2/#post65998845
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832700-2/#post65998851
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832700-3/#post65998946
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832700-3/#post65998963
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832700-4/#post65999491
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832700-4/#post65999505
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832700-4/#post65999581
16th
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832700-5/#post65999813
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832700-5/#post65999916
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832700-6/#post66001272 (I got a thumbs up from you)
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832555-2/#post66001281
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832555-2/#post66001362
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832555-2/#post66001402
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832555-3/#post66001513
http://www.christianforums.com/t7832555-3/#post66002631
It was only on the 18th of July, when an Israeli gunboat shelled a beach with kids playing Football that was witnessed by reporters from all over the world that my opinion changed. I know the 76mm gun system that shelled the beach and I know how it is targeted. Then I started seeing things differently.

If Israel never entered Gaza, the Israeli death toll would be still in single digits, or the teens.

I really don’t care about all the rockets Hamas fires because they are doing little more than costing Israel lots of money intercepting them. It is the same tactic that Saddam Hussein used against the United States years ago. Send some planes into the no fly zone and we respond with a carrier battle group that cost a billion dollars a day to keep on station. It has been mentioned that they might not even have warheads/explosives. That is how they are getting the extra range and none are hitting the ground intact anyway. Iron Dome is seeing to that.

In previous rocket attacks that HAVE caused Israeli casualties, Israel responded by attacking Hamas police stations and government buildings. That seems not to be the case for the most part this time.

Israel knows the Hamas tactic of firing from civilian areas, yet still destroys civilian targets. This causes two things, #1 it plays into Hamas plans to make them look like victims and Israel the aggressors. #2 it creates future generations that hate Israel. So why does Israel still continue do it?

Israel drops leaflets with information to inform on Hamas, which Israel responds too. But does nothing to protect the Palestinian informants who are later executed by Hamas, and my daughter heard while she was there that the Israelis let Hamas know after the fact who the informants are, but this is hearsay.

Israel has started attacking the “middle class” that have been unaffected so far in the hopes of causing some sort of uprising against Hamas. Now that you are homeless and all your possessions are destroyed, how exactly are you going to rise up against Hamas and support the Israelis that just made you homeless?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Aryeh, I don't disagree on some of the things you say, although I might see them in a slightly different light...nor do I give Israel a pass on everything they do just because I am an advocate for Israel.

The targeting of the kids on the beach is still an ongoing investigation...some of the attacks that have killed whole families are still being investigated...but with the best will in the world you cannot conduct a conflict such as this and expect every person taking part to be totally moral in their behaviour...that goes across the board from a private to a general to a Knesset member and to the Prime Minister himself.

Without in any way trying to play the victim card or be patronizing, as a Jew, you must understand the incomprehensible hatred that is directed towards the Jewish people that also focuses on Israel...and now that they are in the driving seat and have a country and a strong military, that hatred is directed towards a nation.

The claims against Israel are ceaseless...and from the time they became a nation until now, the opposition has got stronger more vociferous and more violent...it is unrelenting, and every misdemeanour; real or imagined, is elaborated, magnified and used as evidence against their very right to exist as a nation, and in some cases as a people.

Upvote 0

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Israelis do not have any concern about the Gaza civilians, and put their lives at risk without a second thought because their focus is on their ideology and their goal to annihilate the Palestinian people.[/quote]

Israel first concern is its own citizens which to its credit as a nation cares for greatly Hamas should be the same with its citizens which VOTED HAMAS IN BUT HAMAS DOES NOT GIVE A JOT ABOUT PALESTINIANS THATS THE FAULT OF HAMAS NOT ISRAEL

Upvote 0