MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Agence France-Presse has been reporting there from the start and their numbers of dead as of 8/8/14 are 1894 Palestinians and 67 Israelis. The numbers further break down to 1354 Palestinian civilians, of which 447 were children. On the Israeli side, 3 of the 67 killed were civilians. From the numbers of the dead, it does look like one side is just fighting military forces as opposed to just randomly attacking neighborhoods in the hopes of killing someone.

Upvote 0

Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Agence France-Presse has been reporting there from the start and their numbers of dead as of 8/8/14 are 1894 Palestinians and 67 Israelis. The numbers further break down to 1354 Palestinian civilians, of which 447 were children. On the Israeli side, 3 of the 67 killed were civilians. From the numbers of the dead, it does look like one side is just fighting military forces as opposed to just randomly attacking neighborhoods in the hopes of killing someone.

And this, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that, during the military campaign, there are only Israeli soldiers on the ground in Gaza.
The fact that Hamas (and other Muslim terror groups) have said that it is every Muslim's prior duty to exterminate the kufar [unbeliever] (especially the Jew) is, what, just an evil ploy by world jewdom to discredit the oppressed?

:D You're cracking me up, dude!

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
And this, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that, during the military campaign, there are only Israeli soldiers on the ground in Gaza.
The fact that Hamas (and other Muslim terror groups) have said that it is every Muslim's prior duty to exterminate the kufar [unbeliever] (especially the Jew) is, what, just an evil ploy by world jewdom to discredit the oppressed?

You should have some whine with your cheese…

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

They all need Jesus :thumbsup: :pray:

What the Bible says about genocide
What the Bible says about Genocide

And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain. Deuteronomy 2:34

And we utterly destroyed them, ... utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. Deuteronomy 3:6

And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them. Deuteronomy 7:2

And thou shalt consume all the people which the LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them. Deuteronomy 7:16

Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. Deuteronomy 13:15

But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth. Deuteronomy 20:16-17

And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. Joshua 6:21

So smote all the country ... he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded. Joshua 10:40 Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. 1 Samuel 15:2-3

http://www.christianforums.com/t7835350-52/
Dark Ages extermination of heretics - infallibly correct?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't drink wine, but I wouldn't say no to a nice mojito.
And while we're at it with off-topic posts, have you seen the "Honest Trailer" youtube videos? They're awesome! :D

Frozen and Lion King are off the hook.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Aryeh Jay
You should have some *whine with your cheese…
Either that is a typo or it is tongue in cheek ^_^
I don't drink wine, but I wouldn't say no to a nice mojito......................
:D
Fine wine and good music go together like white on rice......:)

The O'Jays - I Love Music (1975) - YouTube

Reve 18:22
and sound/voice of lyrers/harpists and of musicians and of flutists and of trumpeters not no should be being heard in Thee still. And every craftsman/artificer of every craft not no may be being found in Thee still. And sound of a millstone not no should be being heard in Thee still.

http://www.summit1.edu/gun10/gun01.htm

*snip*
However, after the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D., the Jews forbade the use of instruments in worship. "As long as the Judaeo-Christians remained one of the Jewish sects, they continued the musical traditional of their forefathers."

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If past history is anything to go by, these figures should be treated with a degree of uncertainty.

One also has to consider that when they say 'children' they are often including people that could be considered young men 15-17 who use weapons and even rocket launchers against Israel.

We do not know how many so-called civilians were accidentally killed by Hamas, or purposely executed by them.

Israel has not fired randomly...there have been some strays, there have been some mistakes, but the IDF as a whole have tried so hard to only hit specific legitimate targets.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Either that is a typo or it is tongue in cheek ^_^
Fine wine and good music go together like white on rice......:)

The O'Jays - I Love Music (1975) - YouTube

Reve 18:22
and sound/voice of lyrers/harpists and of musicians and of flutists and of trumpeters not no should be being heard in Thee still. And every craftsman/artificer of every craft not no may be being found in Thee still. And sound of a millstone not no should be being heard in Thee still.

http://www.summit1.edu/gun10/gun01.htm

*snip*
However, after the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D., the Jews forbade the use of instruments in worship. "As long as the Judaeo-Christians remained one of the Jewish sects, they continued the musical traditional of their forefathers."
Originally Posted by Blessedj01
What about black rice. U racist?
Is that supposed to be a joke?

Carbon Copy (1981) trailer - YouTube

Tongue in cheek.
Well, ya know what the NT says about the "tongue"...........

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

Luke 16:24
And he sounding said: "Father Abraham! be thou merciful to-me! and send Lazarus!
that he should be dipping the tip of the finger of him of water and should be cooling down the tongue of me,--
that I am being pained in this flame."

James 3:6
and the tongue [is] a fire, the world of the unrighteousness, so the tongue is set in our members, which is spotting our whole body,
and is setting on fire the course of nature, and is set on fire by the gehenna.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
LBAM:

I really like you, because I see that you are debating and arguing with the right intentions. You want to do what is right and stand up for the oppressed - and the fact that you're spending time on a Christian board in standing up for your beliefs needs to be noted as an indicator that this topic is very important to you and that you are willing to devote a lot of time in trying to convince or persuade those who do not share your opinion. I want you to know that I respect and appreciate it

I don't know how to react since I'm not very well-liked on CF (not that that's what I'm after, though)....I think I need to go into a corner and process this all (jk). Seriously, though, thanks for the kind words.

- I only fear that you have the best of intentions and yet are ideologically blinded at the same time.
I pray that God purifies all of our intentions and makes us firm in our quest for the truth and justice in all matters. I do not think I am ideologically blinded about this Palestinian issue. Yes, I have a special place in my heart for Masjid al-Aqsa and my brothers and sisters in Palestine, but that does not make me 'ideologically blinded' about this whole thing.

I asked you about what you think justifies the slaughter of civillians - what qualifies as an "attack on Islam" that justifies Jihad against the unbelievers.
slaughter of non-combatants =/= jihaad against the disbelievers.

Your answer was that you do not answer these types of questions:
And the reason I gave was that I don't want to encourage the culture of entrapment. This is a valid concern for Muslims (particularly my teenaged to middle-aged brothers). While I do not think my answer would cause me trouble, I will not answer because I know that these are the types of questions that lead many of the Muslims down the path of legal problems. I do not wish to encourage such questions. Tarek Mehanna was imprisoned for 17 years for basically translating material that the prosecution found offensive (the other part of his case was based totally on the hearsay of a government witness who was saving his own behind). If that's the case with him, what about those who actually say incriminating things after being prodded?

Your unwillingness to actually speak on the subject only fuels resentment and prejudice. I am sure that a varying amount of Christians only rarely speak to other Muslims and the fact that you are on this website is a great opportunity to provide for some interfaith dialogue - but sadly, I have the feeling you are actually providing more indication that your religion qualifies more as a political ideology than actual faith than discrediting these points.
Again, my unwillingness to speak is due to the targeting of the Muslim community. This distrust is not misplaced. Rather, it is a well-founded one.

Anyhow, if you would really like to know Islaam's position, I invite you to read the Qur'aan and the Prophet's biography.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Israel has offered peace since the dawn of its time - it was the Palestinians that refused to accept any two-state-solution they offered.
First of all, why should Palestinians accept a two-state solution at all? If someone took all of your house except for a bathroom and a large walk-in closet divided into smaller parts, made you stay in them while allowing some of his own family/friends into the closet, made some of your family & friends leave, and killed others, would you accept that thief's proposal of him "letting" you have the bathroom and the closet? If they choose to go ahead with a two-state solution, that is being incredibly generous of the Palestinians (effectively rewarding criminal behavior).

Secondly, while offering the two-state solutions, they keep on building new settlements quietly in the occupied West Bank. Israel is not engaging in these peace talks in good faith.

Thirdly, Noam Chomsky states about Hamas, “In reality, its leaders have repeatedly made it clear and explicit that Hamas would accept a two state solution in accord with the international consensus that has been blocked by the US and Israel for 40 years."

Wasn't it just 10 years ago that Arafat turned down a deal that actually provided him with 98% of the demands he proposed?
You mean the deal that would forfeit the right of return for most of those who have been exiled? The deal that would not give occupied East Jerusalem to the Palestinians but, instead, would be given to the occupiers? The deal that would allow the illegal Jewish settlers in the West Bank to continue to stay there? The deal that would divide the West Bank into lots of little areas with settlements in between i.e. enclaves? It's already hell for those in the West Bank...why would they agree to such a preposterous proposal?

Misrepresentation of Barak's offer at Camp David as "generous" and "unprecedented" | The Electronic Intifada

The West Bank has Jewish settlement, yes. But the rockets weren't flying from the West Bank now, were they?
Funny you should mention it. The 3 teens were found in the West Bank and yet Israel placed total blame on Hamas and attacked Gaza. Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that almost all of Gaza is populated by Muslims whereas there are still Jewish settlers in the West Bank, would it? Or have anything to do with the unity government that Hamas and Fatah made? Or have anything to do with the fact that Israel despises that the Palestinian population voted for the wrong people, in their eyes, and therefore must be punished whenever possible?

Why wouldn't rockets be flying out of Gaza after Gaza was attacked for no reason whatsoever? Gaza doesn't have the right to defend itself?

And how is Gaza occupied? You brought up links that describe the fact that Gazas borders are closed and that their airspace is controlled.
[SNIP]
That number dropped after the borders were constructed. Since when does a country NOT have the right to close its borders?
I'm sorry, what gives Israel the right to enforce a buffer zone INSIDE Gaza? Does Canada have the right to close its borders by telling America that no one can go in any of the northern American states? Or does America have the right to tell Mexico that Mexicans can't approach the Mexican side of the border for miles?

And as for "electronic airspace" - you mean that radio frequencies are "occupied"? Heck, you have that in any country in the world. That's why there are electronic administrations for that.
Why does Israel occupy it, though? And would you agree with Palestinians occupying the electromagnetic airspace in Israel?

"Airspace occupation"? How is this a problem?
....It's a problem because that means Israel is occupying Gaza (land, air, and sea). Israel has sole control of Gaza's airspace. How is this NOT a problem?

How is it NOT a problem that Israel maintains exclusive control of Gaza's airspace, its sea, and its land? And how is this NOT defined as an occupation by you?

If these "occupations" justify the slaughter of civillians and cannot be solved by political dialogue, then something is going terribly wrong.
Exactly, tell that to Israel. They've slaughtered at least 1,000 non-combatants (according to the much lower Israeli estimates) and have tried, in vain, to justify it. Something has been terribly wrong with Israel since its creation.

The numbers are a result of the Iron dome and do not reflect the willingness of Muslim terror groups to kill civillians.

We can see this trend when we look at casualties from pre-Iron-Dome and pre-Border-Fence eras.
1.) In 2009 when Israel unleashed one of its massacres on the Palestinians, only 3 Israeli non-combatants were killed. This is pre-Iron Dome. Please don't pretend that loads of Israelis were killed before. Loads of Palestinians are and were being killed.

2.) Hamas have said that they are only targeting Israeli soldiers and do not seek to harm the Israeli civilian population. And the numbers back them up (out of the 67 killed, only 3 of them were non-combatants. The only Israeli Jew among these 3 was delivering sweets to the IDF). In contrast, Israel has killed about 2,000 Palestinians at least 70-80% of them non-combatants (though Israel says 50%...so much better [/sarcasm])

They have the Gaza strip and the majority of the West Bank. If they want a state, then they should act like adults and enter political dialogue. Secular Fatah seems to be able to pull it off - why not islamic Hamas?
1.) It's because Israel acts like a whiny, two-timing, pathological liar.

2.) "Secular Fatah" and "Islamic Hamas" formed a unity government and Israel does not like that. Many analysts believe this is a major part of the reason it attacked Gaza in this current massacre.

How Israel is exploiting the reported kidnapping to weaken Palestinian reconciliation | Mondoweiss

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Punishment would entail indiscriminately bombing the populace.
Collective punishment includes enforcing a blockade on Gaza which, obviously, means indiscriminately & collectively punishing the entire population for VOTING FOR HAMAS. What happened to Israel being the "only democracy in the Middle East"? On the one hand it's the only democracy, but when others try to play by the rules of the West when it comes to democracy, they're punished.

Do you realize how insane this is?

The hypocrites: "Yes, yes, please come out and vote. We love democracy and pretend to be the beacon of democracy in this region."

Palestinians: "Ok, I guess we'll give it a try."

*Hamas wins*

The hypocrites: "YOU IDIOTS. HOW DARE YOU VOTE FOR HAMAS? Yeah, we SAY we want democracy but we really wanted and expected Fatah to win. Because you democratically voted for the wrong party, we're going to punish you guys."

Bombing rocket ramps and Hamas facilities does not qualify as indiscriminate bombing.
If Hamas doesn't want to be bombed to dust and wants to help its populace, then it should cease firing rockets into Israel.
Israel should lift the siege on Gaza and stop attacking Gaza based on lie after lie.

Sure. Hamas is honest and Israel lies. You say this because Hamas is Muslim and Israel are unbelievers?
No, I say this because Israel's track record has proven that they are some of the most cunning & deceptive people I have ever seen. It would scare me if I didn't know God or His Attributes or His Words.

"And say, "Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, [by nature], ever bound to depart." (al-Israa 17:81)

Here are some lies told by the Israeli government just in this current massacre alone:

1.) The Israeli illegal settlers were still "missing" (they knew they were dead).

2.) That Hamas was to blame for their deaths. (It has since come to light that it was not Hamas but, instead, a few rogue Palestinians from the West Bank.)

3.) That they attacked Gaza trying to "rescue" those "missing" (they already knew the teens were found dead in the West Bank).

4.) That Hamas, by capturing one of Israel's soldiers after the start of the 72-hour ceasefire, broke the ceasefire & that's why Israel was attacking the Rafah area (Hamas right away denied this and Israel admitted that the soldier died before the ceasefire. Furthermore, why was that soldier in Gaza detonating tunnels when there was a ceasefire?)

^These are off the top of my head.

When both parties claim the truth, then it's nice to look at the actual profit of war. Israel does not profit - it's a costly operation and an economy of Israel would much rather profit from a strong economic partner in Gaza and the West Bank.
Hamas, on the other hand, uses this perpetual state of war to cool their own religious lust for death and also to keep themselves in power.
Even if there is no benefit to the massacre for the Israeli government, maybe they're just evil and bloodthirsty.

Trying to undermine the unity government is a clear benefit. Intimidating the population is another (though Israel should know by now that the Palestinian spirit can't be broken).

Hamas broke all the cease fire agreements in this conflict. Even Arab news outlets have been reluctantly reporting this fact.
...No. I believe I pasted links on this thread about how Israel itself now admits that the "captured" soldier was killed in battle before the ceasefire began so they attacked Rafah based on yet another lie.

Actually there WERE warnings asking them to clear the area and steer free from it after bombing runs.
So why did none of these people know about this supposed warning? Why did they go out running in their pajamas? Why did the woman frantically rushing from the area say that they were hit without warning?

Israel has told the populace of the North to evacuate to the South when they performed bombing runs there.
Gaza is small, but we both know it is not a "giant prison with nowhere to hide".
'There's Really Nowhere Safe To Go' In Gaza
Gaza Family Moves 2 Times, But Can't Escape The Bombs
Dad Relives Israeli Strike in Gaza That Wiped Out His Family - NBC News

The ones who moved deep into Gaza City as Israel recommends were not safe either. They were attacked. Even when they go to places that should be safe (schools designated as UN shelters, deep into Gaza city, beaches, etc), they're still not safe. So, really, it is a giant prison (Israel controls Gaza's land, air, and sea) with no where to hide.

The time will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: O Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will not apply to the Gharqad, which is a Jewish tree
That's not calling for the extermination of the Jews. They're just relating a prophecy about the end times. Here are two narrations with slightly different wording about the same event from the same works that Hamas used:

Abdullah b. 'Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The Jews will fight against you and you will gain victory over them until the stone would say: Muslim, here is a Jew behind me; kill him.
[Saheeh Muslim]

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The Jews will fight with you, and you will be given victory over them so that a stone will say, 'O Muslim! There is a Jew behind me; kill him!'"
[Saheeh al-Bukhaari]

Clearly it's referring to those who are fighting against them.

2.) Obviously this is a prophecy about the end times & it's miracles because we're referring to talking trees and stones here!

In closing: free your mind. How does Israel profit from this ongoing conflict? Why disengage from Gaza and then go back in 9 years later? Why spend 100.000€ on every rocket that's fired from Hamas?
Because they can?

Try to think rationally instead of swallowing what you are taught. If Allah is loving, then he would not advocate the killing of unbelievers.

I do hope you have a chance to read what Jesus teaches about those who persecute you - maybe you will find that it is more Godly than those primordial human instincts that tell us to kill those who attack us of the Mohammedan ideology.
Wasn't Jesus (peace be upon him), according to Christians since you believe he's God, the one who ordered people to destroy entire cities including children and babies as revenge for the Israelites being waylaid on their way from Egypt? Islaam does not teach this either about Jesus or God.

Islaam DOES say that we have the right to defend ourselves (thank God) but never that we can slaughter entire nations including their elderly, their women, their children, or their infants.

Upvote 0

Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know how to react since I'm not very well-liked on CF (not that that's what I'm after, though)....I think I need to go into a corner and process this all (jk). Seriously, though, thanks for the kind words.

Jesus has taught us to love our neighbors, and he has written himself into our hearts - I want to make that very clear, and I want you to understand it. I will be honest and say that I do not have a very high opinion of Islam - where I have encountered Muslims, I have seen them advocating or justifying violence, even those who I would have called very "integrated". The more I read about Islam, the more I feel that it seeds hatred instead of love, and this I fear. So yes, you may call me Islamophobic, because I fear that it may be an ideology of hate rather than love.
Nonetheless, I want you to understand that you are loved, not only by God, but by everyone that follows the teachings of Christ. I may not like what you believe, but that does not remove the fact that you are a human just like me.

I pray that God purifies all of our intentions and makes us firm in our quest for the truth and justice in all matters. I do not think I am ideologically blinded about this Palestinian issue. Yes, I have a special place in my heart for Masjid al-Aqsa and my brothers and sisters in Palestine, but that does not make me 'ideologically blinded' about this whole thing.

I encourage love for Palestinians, Israelis, and anyone else. I know that deep down, even Hamas fighters are just convinced that what they are fighting for is the right thing to do - though I think even deeper down, they know that the methods they employ are against God's will.

Tell me more - you mentoined the Masjid al-Aqsa, I assume you mean the Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem? Are you from the area?
If so, how do you perceive the situation? What's your opinion Hamas, and more importantly: what is your opinion on the methods of indiscriminate bombing? Do you condemn it only for Israel, or do you believe that Hamas' terror attacks are also to be condemned?

And the reason I gave was that I don't want to encourage the culture of entrapment. This is a valid concern for Muslims (particularly my teenaged to middle-aged brothers). While I do not think my answer would cause me trouble, I will not answer because I know that these are the types of questions that lead many of the Muslims down the path of legal problems.
What do you mean by this? I have not heard of a culture of entrapment?
The reference that these questions may lead Muslims down a path of "legal problems" begs the question as to whether or not the answers to these questions may contradict Western laws, ethics or morals?

I do not wish to encourage such questions. Tarek Mehanna was imprisoned for 17 years for basically translating material that the prosecution found offensive (the other part of his case was based totally on the hearsay of a government witness who was saving his own behind). If that's the case with him, what about those who actually say incriminating things after being prodded?

I believe that the Western society is not Christian, but I would say that its laws do not contradict the Christian doctrine of loving ones neighbor.
I don't mean to intrude, but you say your views on this matter may lead you astray to legal troubles? I was hoping you may shed some light on the matter and respond in a way that prejudice may be countered. Watzlawick once said "you can't not communicate" - even silence on a matter will be interpreted one way or another. :/

Again, my unwillingness to speak is due to the targeting of the Muslim community. This distrust is not misplaced. Rather, it is a well-founded one.

As I said, I have a general distrust to questions regarding Islam. I have read of Taqqiya, I have read about Islams violent founding past (Mohammad's executions, etc.) and I have read -albeit out of context- some Suras from the Quoran.
I hear allegations towards Islam, and I ask you on your position - and you say you do not want to answer, citing distrust, legal problems and "entrapment" - what do you think I should believe about Islam being a religion of peace?

Upvote 0

Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Collective punishment includes enforcing a blockade on Gaza which, obviously, means indiscriminately & collectively punishing the entire population for VOTING FOR HAMAS. What happened to Israel being the "only democracy in the Middle East"? On the one hand it's the only democracy, but when others try to play by the rules of the West when it comes to democracy, they're punished.

Do you realize how insane this is?

The hypocrites: "Yes, yes, please come out and vote. We love democracy and pretend to be the beacon of democracy in this region."
Palestinians: "Ok, I guess we'll give it a try."
*Hamas wins*
The hypocrites: "YOU IDIOTS. HOW DARE YOU VOTE FOR HAMAS? Yeah, we SAY we want democracy but we really wanted and expected Fatah to win. Because you democratically voted for the wrong party, we're going to punish you guys."

I do not think it is the intention of Israel to "collectively punish" a populace for their election results. I do, however, feel that the election results and resulting governing party do give cause for concern and ultimately change foreign policy.
Hamas is a terrorist organization that advocates the extermination of all Jews (see Charter). By gaining power, the easiest and most humane measure to guarantee security of the Israeli state was to shut down its borders to Gaza, thus prohibiting the import of weapons grade materials and the export of suicide bombings. It was the reason why the border fence was built, and why suicide bombings have dropped since its construction.

Israel should lift the siege on Gaza and stop attacking Gaza based on lie after lie.

Why should Israel not have a right to close its borders? Why are these concerns only addressed towards Israel and not towards Egypt?
Is it really so hard to understand that it is more humane to prevent weapons imports into Gaza than to wage a continuous war?

Here are some lies told by the Israeli government just in this current massacre alone:
1.) The Israeli illegal settlers were still "missing" (they knew they were dead).

They heard a phone call and heard gunfire. I sure hope that if I were in the situation, that a search for me would not be called off under that circumstantial evidence.
2.) That Hamas was to blame for their deaths. (It has since come to light that it was not Hamas but, instead, a few rogue Palestinians from the West Bank.)

Hamas had advocated the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers before the boys went missing on several occasions. Just because they "only" advocated it does not release them from responsibility. Furthermore, they went on to criticise the cooperation between Fatah and the IDF in tracking down the boys and Barhoum called the kidnappers "heroes".
2014 kidnapping and murder of Israeli teenagers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3.) That they attacked Gaza trying to "rescue" those "missing" (they already knew the teens were found dead in the West Bank).

Again, there was no evidence that they were dead, except for the dubious phone call.

4.) That Hamas, by capturing one of Israel's soldiers after the start of the 72-hour ceasefire, broke the ceasefire & that's why Israel was attacking the Rafah area (Hamas right away denied this and Israel admitted that the soldier died before the ceasefire. Furthermore, why was that soldier in Gaza detonating tunnels when there was a ceasefire?)

The ceasefire that was agreed on included the clause that the tunnel destructions would continue during its period.

Even if there is no benefit to the massacre for the Israeli government, maybe they're just evil and bloodthirsty.
.. because? Genetics? Judaism?

...No. I believe I pasted links on this thread about how Israel itself now admits that the "captured" soldier was killed in battle before the ceasefire began so they attacked Rafah based on yet another lie.

Not only kidnappings, but also killings constitute a breach of the cease fire.

So why did none of these people know about this supposed warning? Why did they go out running in their pajamas? Why did the woman frantically rushing from the area say that they were hit without warning?
We both don't know. I can only say what the IDF stated on twitter, its news outlets, facebook and its blog - of course, the theoretical possibility still stands that these claims are simple propaganda. But then I wonder, if Hamas advocates find all the time to post their own propaganda on facebook, then why not check the IDF blogs once in a while to see that they called for the evactuation several hours before attacks.

The ones who moved deep into Gaza City as Israel recommends were not safe either. They were attacked. Even when they go to places that should be safe (schools designated as UN shelters, deep into Gaza city, beaches, etc), they're still not safe. So, really, it is a giant prison (Israel controls Gaza's land, air, and sea) with no where to hide.

Do you not find it terrible that Hamas is hiding weapons in these schools, making them legitimate targets?

That's not calling for the extermination of the Jews. They're just relating a prophecy about the end times. Here are two narrations with slightly different wording about the same event from the same works that Hamas used:

Abdullah b. 'Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The Jews will fight against you and you will gain victory over them until the stone would say: Muslim, here is a Jew behind me; kill him.
[Saheeh Muslim]

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The Jews will fight with you, and you will be given victory over them so that a stone will say, 'O Muslim! There is a Jew behind me; kill him!'"
[Saheeh al-Bukhaari]

Changing the transliterations does not change the core meaning.
They are referring to an end times prophecy in which it is their duty to kill the Jews. This cannot be denied.

Also, what constitutes "Muslim land"? Is it all the land that was ever under Islamic rule? So, Spain, too?

Wasn't Jesus (peace be upon him), according to Christians since you believe he's God, the one who ordered people to destroy entire cities including children and babies as revenge for the Israelites being waylaid on their way from Egypt? Islaam does not teach this either about Jesus or God.

The new covenant (New Testament) is the covenant between God and man since his crucifiction. It explicitly denies allowing murder under any circumstance.
The Old Testament, should one believe its literal validity (which not all Christians do), documents the happenings of that time - only when God specifically commands it, comes down as a pillar of clouds and assists, was the destruction of cities possible.

Islaam DOES say that we have the right to defend ourselves (thank God) but never that we can slaughter entire nations including their elderly, their women, their children, or their infants.

I have understood this. But I wonder what constitutes defence.
Israel has existed for more than two generations now - is it still okay to drive out the third generation? What constitutes an "attack" on Islam? When Muslims were driven out of Spain, was than an "attack" that would justify killing Spaniards in the 21st century?

These are exactly the questions I have. And I do hope you can find the trust to actually answer these questions because they will prove more insightful than merely referencing to Surahs.

Upvote 0

Brigid48

Aug 8, 2014
USA
✟1,137.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green

Oh please, Christians have been exterminating unbelievers like pagans like me for centuries (even today witches are being murdered by christians over in Africa and it hasn't been that long even here in the US since you Christians have had witch hunts).

Upvote 0