Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just saw the movie "The Croods" with my daughter yesterday. It's an animated movie about cave men who haven't yet discovered fire.

Along comes "guy" in the middle of the night carrying a torch of fire (light). This guy introduces the cave people to all kinds of knowledge and encourages them to "ride the sun" and "follow the light".

He specifically tempted the daughter of the cave family, whose name is "Eep" (although I'm certain they called her "Eve" at least a couple of times) to follow him. He enticed her with fire and knowledge, to ignore her father's orders to "stay in the cave".

The entire movie is about sun worship. Knowing what I know, as a Christian and one who has researched ancient religions and freemasonry, it was so obvious to me but it sends a very dangerous message to young minds trying to find their own way, without the benefit of a solid relationship with God.

Not to mention Nicolas Cage is the voice for the father of the family, and with his track record of films I can't help but wonder if he is secretly a Mason.

Am I being paranoid, or did anybody else see this movie and get this message?

Simpleman25

Mar 21, 2013
Oklahoma
✟16,627.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
True enough, but I'm sure the movie media is used to send messages. It's sometimes hard to tell if the messages are intentional or coincidental but in this movie it just seemed so overt. Have you seen it?

Yes I took my 3 year old grandson last weekend.

I want to make sure you know where I'm coming from first. I'm a Christian mason. I don't believe 99% of the theories that are floating out there. Including this movie.

Misunderstanding or mis hearing a word is common. How many people sing the wrong lyrics to songs? :D

Upvote 0

Simpleman25

Mar 21, 2013
Oklahoma
✟16,627.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't remember seeing the commercials about it. Do you mean that it talks about the cave men of millions of years ago, while we as Christians typically don't believe man was on earth that long ago?

I would love to discuss this with you sometime. The whole cave man issue.

First I'm waiting for your responses concerning freemasonry.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reason I asked about your level of freemasonry is because the lower levels are kept in the dark in regards to what the higher levels believe.

Although from what I understand even the low level masons are required to take oaths that defy and oppose Christianity so I'm not sure how you can be both a Christian and mason.

Not to mention all the symbolism that goes along with freemasonry. Haven't you ever asked yourself what all the symbolism means?

Reactions: X9310
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Simpleman25

Mar 21, 2013
Oklahoma
✟16,627.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The reason I asked about your level of freemasonry is because the lower levels are kept in the dark in regards to what the higher levels believe.

Although from what I understand even the low level masons are required to take oaths that defy and oppose Christianity so I'm not sure how you can be both a Christian and mason.

Not to mention all the symbolism that goes along with freemasonry. Haven't you ever asked yourself what all the symbolism means?

I would like to see evidence of this. This has been reported in the past. Usually by those that believe in conspiracy theories. It has never been proven.
Personally, I spent many years in the blue lodge, which is the third degree. I've moved through the other degrees. I was honored to be awarded the 33rd degree a few years back. I was one of the youngest to receive this honor.
What is ironic is that those that make these claims have never been affiliated with masonry. Even those former masons will tell you this is not true.

The oaths you speak of do not compromise my Christianity. People take oaths on a regular basis.

When you speak of symbolism, please tell me what you mean. Our symbolism is based in allegory.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When I first saw the ads for this movie I thought it looked cute and harmless. But then I had a little check in my spirit about it. It's aimed at kids. It promotes evolution. That in itself is enough to ruin it for me, no matter how cute some of the parts may be. I think as Christians we need to trust our instincts on these sorts of things. Personally, I'll pass on this one, especially after your review of it.

Upvote 0

Simpleman25

Mar 21, 2013
Oklahoma
✟16,627.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
When I first saw the ads for this movie I thought it looked cute and harmless. But then I had a little check in my spirit about it. It's aimed at kids. It promotes evolution. That in itself is enough to ruin it for me, no matter how cute some of the parts may be. I think as Christians we need to trust our instincts on these sorts of things. Personally, I'll pass on this one, especially after your review of it.

I asked my 3yr old grandson what he thought. He said it was funny. Never once did he mention evolution.

It was a cute movie. Why do people have to read evil into everything?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I asked my 3yr old grandson what he thought. He said it was funny. Never once did he mention evolution.

It was a cute movie. Why do people have to read evil into everything?

Because Screwtape and some of his friends have done a very good job on their clients.

Screwtape says the Christian ones are so much more amusing because they can actually be taught to think it as a virtue!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to see evidence of this. This has been reported in the past. Usually by those that believe in conspiracy theories. It has never been proven.
Personally, I spent many years in the blue lodge, which is the third degree. I've moved through the other degrees. I was honored to be awarded the 33rd degree a few years back. I was one of the youngest to receive this honor.
What is ironic is that those that make these claims have never been affiliated with masonry. Even those former masons will tell you this is not true.

The oaths you speak of do not compromise my Christianity. People take oaths on a regular basis.

When you speak of symbolism, please tell me what you mean. Our symbolism is based in allegory.

If it's o.k. with you I would like to start a new thread devoted specifically to this topic, and I would like to use this post of yours and my previous post to open the thread. Then we can continue our discussion. Agreed?

Upvote 0

Simpleman25

Mar 21, 2013
Oklahoma
✟16,627.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
If it's o.k. with you I would like to start a new thread devoted specifically to this topic, and I would like to use this post of yours and my previous post to open the thread. Then we can continue our discussion. Agreed?

Sounds good. As long as we both agree to keep it civil, ok?

Upvote 0

Simpleman25

Mar 21, 2013
Oklahoma
✟16,627.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Because Screwtape and some of his friends have done a very good job on their clients.

Screwtape says the Christian ones are so much more amusing because they can actually be taught to think it as a virtue!

Are you referencing screwtape, as in the devil? Which, by the way, was just a character in a book.

If not, what in the world arts you talking about?

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds good. As long as we both agree to keep it civil, ok?

For sure, we will keep it civil. I really just want to start by picking your brain a bit and then depending on what you tell me throw some things at you that I have learned and see how you respond. I suspect we both have some things that we can learn from each other.

The new thread is at http://www.christianforums.com/t7736710/

Upvote 0