Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Then why are you arguing against keeping God's law? If you agreed, there would be no debate. :)
You teach the old Covenant by ignoring clear doctrines and manipulating isolated texts. I do not agree with your SDA doctrines. You ignore the cross and preach the law and the Sabbath.
You can try to live by the law if you want.

I don't mind debating, but you can't stick to one issue.
I'm not a hater, Jews still live under the law until the fulness of the Gentiles come into Christ.

Scriptures proves that not one person could ever live by the law except for Jesus Christ.
Scriptures proves that God has given a new covenant unlike the one from Sinai. (The ten commandments)
Answered in detailed post #136- can we worship other gods, vain God's holy name, steal, covet - no, so Paul is not teaching we are released from the letter of the law but instead teaching us to live by the Spirit and tells us clearly those who do would be keeping God's law- those who are against God's law are living in the flesh (sin) Romans 8:7 which is what Romans 7:7 also tells us.
As usual, your response ignores what both Paul and I said in Rom 7:6.
Rom 7:6
But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit.

Who has been released from the law?
Who is dead to the law?
Who is no longer bound to the law?
How should we serve God?
Who should serve God by a new way (in the spirit) and not by the law?

You ignore the facts about what Paul is teaching.

Rom 7:7 ¶ Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, “You must not covet.”[fn]

Again, Paul nor I, am saying the law is a bad thing. You don't understand that Christ died to fulfill the law. The law has a great purpose. It explains sins but it does not promise life.
Gal 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Gal 3:21
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Paul is saying: If we're to be righteous by keeping the law, then Christ died in vain. Paul also teaches that; if any 1 of the commandments had promised life, then righteousness be by the law.
There is no contradiction to my post and you can't say we are released from the law in one breath and in another say it's not okay to worship other gods, covet or steal, so either you have a misunderstanding of what it means to live by the Spirit and misunderstand what Paul is teaching. Paul says what matters is keeping God's commandments. Too many people depend on their version of right-doing and not God's Psalms 119:172, their truth over God's Psalms 119:151 our works can't save us but God's works Exodus 32:16 leads us to righteousness Romans 6:16 and is perfect for converting the soul Psalms 19:7
(lol)That other breath is your voice. I never said it's OK to sin. Unfortunately, your commentary appears to misrepresent what people are saying and to manipulate scriptures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You teach the old Covenant by ignoring clear doctrines and manipulating isolated texts. I do not agree with your SDA doctrines. You ignore the cross and preach the law and the Sabbath.
You can try to live by the law if you want. I don't mind debating, but you can't stick to one issue.
I'm not a hater, Jews still live under the law until the fulness of the Gentiles come into Christ.
Scriptures proves that not one person could ever live by the law except for Jesus Christ.
Scriptures proves that God has given a new covenant unlike the one from Sinai. (The ten commandments)

As usual, your response ignores what both Paul and I said in Rom 7:6.
Rom 7:6
But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit.

Who has been released from the law?
Who is dead to the law?
Who is no longer bound to the law?
How should we serve God?
Who should serve God by a new way (in the spirit) and not by the law?

You ignore the facts about what Paul is teaching.

Rom 7:7

Well then, am I suggesting that the law of God is sinful? Of course not! In fact, it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known that coveting is wrong if the law had not said, “You must not covet.”[fn]

Again, Paul nor I, am saying the law is a bad thing. You don't understand that Christ died to fulfill the law. The law has a great purpose. It explains sins but it does not promise life.
Gal 2:21
I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Gal 3:21
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Paul is saying: If we're to be righteous by keeping the law, then Christ died in vain. Paul also teaches that; if any 1 of the commandments had promised life, then righteousness be by the law.

(lol)That other breath is your voice. I never said it's OK to sin. Unfortunately, your commentary appears to misrepresent what people are saying and to manipulate scriptures.

So your argument is that we don't have to keep the Ten Commandments and can now worship other gods, vain His holy name, covet, steal etc,? If you answer yes to one of these questions than you are not be truthful about the Sabbath commandment that is part of this unit of Ten that God placed together- that no one can add or subtract from. Deut 4:2 which comes with some consequences of doing so. Proverbs 30:5-6

The Sabbath is a commandment of God despite people's objection to it. God wrote it, God spoke it and it is in His holy Temple where He dwells. Revelation 11:19 so I believe it, but we have free will to test the theory we do not have to obey God's commandments despite the entire bible telling us we do.

God wrote His laws in the hearts and minds of His people in the New Covenant instead of deleting them Hebrews 8:10 and Jesus kept all the commandments of God and told us to as well and did so by example, including the Sabbath Luke 4:16, John15:10 John 14:15 which we are told to follow His example 1 John 2:6. It's absurd to advocate that Jesus and God are in conflict with their own commandments that are kept in heaven in the Holy Temple-Jesus came to do the will of God John 6:38 and God's will is that we keep the law in our heart Psalms 40:8 which is the new covenant Hebrews 8:10

Jesus taught on God's commandments and condemned those who do not keep them Matthew 15:3-9 or teaches other to break them Matthew 5:19

I already addressed your posts multiple times so no point in repeating myself and this all gets sorted out soon enough. I wish you well in seeking His Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟98,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So your argument is that we don't have to keep the Ten Commandments and can now worship other gods, vain His holy name, covet, steal etc,? If you answer yes to one of these questions than you are not be truthful about the Sabbath commandment that is part of this unit of Ten that God placed together- that no one can add or subtract from. Deut 4:2 which comes with some consequences of doing so. Proverbs 30:5-6
My argument is not saying that we're free to sin. (I've made that clear to you countless times over the years) You continue to ignore or misrepresent my posts.

You claim to keep God's law, but you're breaking it by being a false witness against me. Did I say we can worship other Gods, steal, kill. etc?

The Sabbath is a commandment of God despite people's objection to it. God wrote it, God spoke it and it is in His holy Temple where He dwells. Revelation 11:19 so I believe it, but we have free will to test the theory we do not have to obey God's commandments despite the entire bible telling us we do.

God wrote His laws in the hearts and minds of His people in the New Covenant instead of deleting them Hebrews 8:10 and Jesus kept all the commandments of God and told us to as well and did so by example, including the Sabbath Luke 4:16, John15:10 John 14:15 which we are told to follow His example 1 John 2:6. It's absurd to advocate that Jesus and God are in conflict with their own commandments that are kept in heaven in the Holy Temple-Jesus came to do the will of God John 6:38 and God's will is that we keep the law in our heart Psalms 40:8 which is the new covenant Hebrews 8:10
The Sabbath is an exclusive covenant with the Children of Israel. It was not given at creation for the humanity to keep (no proof). Gentiles under the New Covenant are not commanded to keep Sabbath because it was a sign of the Old Covenant.
Jesus taught on God's commandments and condemned those who do not keep them Matthew 15:3-9 or teaches other to break them Matthew 5:19

I already addressed your posts multiple times so no point in repeating myself and this all gets sorted out soon enough. I wish you well in seeking His Word.
Scriptures proves that Jesus came under the law and had to teach and keep it. The question is what His death means for the world. Jesus appeared to Paul and sent him to teach Gentiles all the doctrines of Christianity.
You're not teaching Christian doctrines; you're teaching the law.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sabbath is an exclusive covenant with the Children of Israel. It was not given at creation for the humanity to keep (no proof).
I entirely agree - where is there any Scriptural evidence that the Sabbath has any jurisdiction over a Gentile?

Reactions: Cribstyl
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I entirely agree - where is there any Scriptural evidence that the Sabbath has any jurisdiction over a Gentile?

Is it really about "jurisdiction"? or is it rather about love, as portrayed for example in Isaiah 56:1-8?
True love for the Father and His Word is defined in His Word.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My argument is not saying that we're free to sin. (I've made that clear to you countless times over the years) You continue to ignore or misrepresent my posts.

You claim to keep God's law, but you're breaking it by being a false witness against me. Did I say we can worship other Gods, steal, kill. etc?
I never accused you of anything I said the two statements you made- we are not free to sin, but we don't need to keep the Sabbath commandment are contradictory statements. If you agree that it's a sin to worship other gods, steal and sin, that it's not wise to separate the Sabbath commandment from this unit of Ten that God placed together written by His own very finger. Our authority is not higher than God's. God said we cannot add or subtract from His commandments Deut 4:2 and in doing so has some consequences Proverbs 30:5-6, Matthew 5:19, James 2:10-12
The Sabbath is an exclusive covenant with the Children of Israel. It was not given at creation for the humanity to keep (no proof). Gentiles under the New Covenant are not commanded to keep Sabbath because it was a sign of the Old Covenant.
No where in the scripture says the Sabbath is only for the children of Israel. There are a lot of metaphor in scripture and Israel is just a name God gave to His people. Those who are in Christ are part of God's Israel through faith, not nationality.

Gal 3:26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Which is why God never identifying the Sabbath as the Sabbath of the Jews, God identified the Sabbath as MY holy day Isaiah 58:13 the Sabbath of the Lord thy God Exodus 20:10 and commands us to keep the same day Holy Exodus 20:8-11 because we are made in His image to follow Him, not to do something different.

Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man, not just Jews Mark 2:27 and man was created on the sixth day Genesis 1:26 before the first Sabbath when there was just "man" no Jews. Genesis 2:1-3 and once those in Christ will be united with Him, Sabbath worship continues for all flesh, just as God promised Isaiah 66:23.

Scriptures proves that Jesus came under the law and had to teach and keep it. The question is what His death means for the world. Jesus appeared to Paul and sent him to teach Gentiles all the doctrines of Christianity.
You're not teaching Christian doctrines; you're teaching the law.
You appear to be teaching people we can break God's commandments- the Sabbath is a commandment of God despite people's objection to it and it is God's Holy day according to His own words. Isaiah 58:13 Jesus told us to teach each other the commandments quoting directly from the Ten that came in a unit that we cannot add or subtract from, Matthew 5:19-30 so I am sorry you don't think the teachings of Jesus is Christian doctrine because Jesus taught from the law- directly from the Ten condemning those who keep their rules over God's rules. Matthew 15:3-9

Ezekiel 22:8 You have despised My holy things and profaned My Sabbaths.
Breaking God's Sabbath is not a teaching in God's Word. Jesus indicted His people are Sabbath keepers long after He ascended back to heaven Matthew 24:20 and keeping the Sabbath is a sign between God and His people Ezekiel 20:20, Ezekiel 20:13, the Sabbath is a memorial to His creation and the day to honor Him according to His very own Words. Isaiah 58:13- God said Remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy, Exodus 20:8- man says we should forget. The disciples even advocate we ought to obey God over man. Acts 5:29 and teach us what matters is keeping the commandments of God. 1 Cor 7:19 the teaching that the Sabbath is not one of God's commandments or that we can break this commandment is not found in the Word of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never accused you of anything I said the two statements you made- we are not free to sin, but we don't need to keep the Sabbath commandment are contradictory statements. If you agree that it's a sin to worship other gods, steal and sin, that it's not wise to separate the Sabbath commandment from this unit of Ten that God placed together written by His own very finger. Our authority is not higher than God's. God said we cannot add or subtract from His commandments Deut 4:2 and in doing so has some consequences Proverbs 30:5-6, Matthew 5:19, James 2:10-12

No where in the scripture says the Sabbath is only for the children of Israel. There are a lot of metaphor in scripture and Israel is just a name God gave to His people. Those who are in Christ are part of God's Israel through faith, not nationality.

Gal 3:26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Which is why God never identifying the Sabbath as the Sabbath of the Jews, God identified the Sabbath as MY holy day Isaiah 58:13 the Sabbath of the Lord thy God Exodus 20:10 and commands us to keep the same day Holy Exodus 20:8-11 because we are made in His image to follow Him, not to do something different.

Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man, not just Jews Mark 2:28 and man was created on the sixth day Genesis 1:26 before the first Sabbath when there was just "man" no Jews. Genesis 2:1-3 and once those in Christ will be united with Him, Sabbath worship continues for all flesh, just as God promised Isaiah 66:23.

You appear to be teaching people we can break God's commandments- the Sabbath is a commandment of God despite people's objection to it and it is God's Holy day according to His own words. Isaiah 58:13 Jesus told us to teach each other the commandments quoting directly from the Ten that came in a unit that we cannot add or subtract from, Matthew 5:19-30 so I am sorry you don't think the teachings of Jesus is Christian doctrine because Jesus taught from the law- directly from the Ten condemning those who keep their rules over God's rules. Matthew 15:3-9

I'll probably sign out of this thread and hope the scriptures will be prayerfully considered, because there is no scripture that says we do not have to keep any of God's commandments including the Sabbath commandment, that God claims as His holy day and we are made in His image to follow Him.

Ezekiel 22:8 You have despised My holy things and profaned My Sabbaths.
Breaking God's Sabbath is not a teaching in God's Word. Jesus indicted His people are Sabbath keepers longer after He ascended back to heaven Matthew 24:20 and keeping the Sabbath is a sign between God and His people Ezekiel 20:20, Ezekiel 20:13, the Sabbath is a memorial to His creation and the day to honor Him according to His very own Words. Isaiah 58:13- God said Remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy, Exodus 20:8- man says we should forget. The disciples even advocate we ought to obey God over man. Acts 5:29 and teach us what matters is keeping the commandments of God. 1 Cor 7:19 the teaching that the Sabbath is not one of God's commandments is not found in the Word of God.
Seems like you have forgotten about scripturelike the following; 19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us. 1Jn3:

6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts! 2Cor3:

You go with the ministry of death (10 commandments), I go with the glorious Spirit that gives life.

Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Seems like you have forgotten about scripturelike the following; 19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us. 1Jn3:

6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts! 2Cor3:

You go with the ministry of death (10 commandments), I go with the glorious Spirit that gives life.
How does one believe in the name of God but not believe in His teachings? True faith upholds God's laws Romans 3:31 Revelation 14:12

Jesus tells us in His very own words, that those who do not do the will of God, Jesus will say depart from Me. These are believers, who call on the Lord, but choose their teachings over God's which Jesus condemns Matthew 15:3-9

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Psalms 40:8 I delight to do Your will, O my God,
And Your law is within my heart.”

Which is the New Covenant

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

God's Ten Commandments are in Heaven because this is God's will - His perfect law. Revelation 11:19 Psalms 19:7 and His heavenly Temple was an exact replica of the earthy one. Lucifer thought he didn't have to obey God's law and he was thrown out of heaven- sad people think they can follow this example and be reconciled with God.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does one believe in the name of God but not believe in His teachings? True faith upholds God's laws Romans 3:31 Revelation 14:12
Seem like you are surely denying 1Jn3: 19-24??? Is not 1Jn3:19-24 His teachings? OY SB. Concerning Rom 3:31, taking verse 31 out of context of the whole thought is pure trickery.

27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Upholding the Law does not mean we are under the law of works according to Paul. Should we take your word over Paul's???

Jesus tells us in His very own words, that those who do not do the will of God, Jesus will say depart from Me.
So, I take it you are one who can decide to cull the scripture that does not fit your preconceived beliefs?

These are believers, who call on the Lord, but choose their teachings over God's which Jesus condemns Matthew 15:3-9
So, you have the ability to choose not to believe 1Jn3:9-24? Is this correct?

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Now once again you use a verse to tell me I am lawless because I don't follow your beliefs. How narrow minded, especially when I express God's requirements in 1Jn3:19-24 where I belong to the truth if I believe in Jesus and keep his Law of Love.

Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God said we cannot add or subtract from His commandments Deut 4:2 .....
Well, Jesus certainly "added" to God's commandments:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No where in the scripture says the Sabbath is only for the children of Israel.
This is a particular instance of a more general, flawed, approach to debate. This objection of yours assumes that in order for Scripture to be opposed, or in favour, of something, there has to be an explicit "thou shalt do X" or "thou shalt not do "Y".

Well, there is no scripture telling us not to kick puppies yet we can reasonably conclude that Jesus would not approve of drop-kicking Fluffy across the room.

I would be interested to know if you can name any scholars, other than an SDA scholar, who would agree that the Sabbath was not given exclusively to Israel. The 10 commandments were delivered to the Jews on Sinai. Well, you may object, how does that means the 10 are only for the Jews.

Consider these words from Paul:

Where then is boasting? It has been excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. 28 [x]For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,

The internal logic of these sentences forces us to conclude that Paul understands that that Law is for Jews only.

Please note: I will bet that any counterargument to what I am saying will skate around engaging the actual content of these particular sentences. You need to explain how Paul would think the Law applied to Gentiles and still say this:

Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, Jesus certainly "added" to God's commandments:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
He amplified the commandments as prophesized, not changed. Isaiah 42:21 Is Jesus taking away the commandment to thou shalt not commit adultery? Of course not, and His teaching is the same as His Father in heaven- sad so many people try to make Jesus out as sinner.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He amplified the commandments as prophesized, not changed. Isaiah 42:21 Is Jesus taking away the commandment to thou shalt not commit adultery? Of course not, and His teaching is the same as His Father in heaven- sad so many people try to make Jesus out as sinner.
Amplified, not added? When I amplify my stereo output, what am I doing? Adding volume.

I suggest you are playing with words. When Jesus says that to lust entails adultery He is clearly extending the realm of behaviours prohibited by the Old Testament law. And by any reasonable understanding of what it means to "add", He is adding.

• Useful
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
sad so many people try to make Jesus out as sinner.
I suggest you are misrepresenting people - I have seen this strategy before. You surely must know that for us to say Jesus broke the Law does not logically necessitate that we are saying He is sinning. You violently beg the question when you simply assume the very thing you need to make a case for - that the Law remains in force.

It is hard to understand how you cannot know this.

Sure, we disagree on the present "standard" for sin is. But that is clearly a distinct matter from whether Jesus sinned or not. For us to be "trying to make Jesus out to be a sinner" by breaking the Law, we would have to be believe that He does not have authoritative justification to do so! But we clearly believe that He has such justification!

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I suggest you are misrepresenting people - I have seen this strategy before. You surely must know that for us to say Jesus broke the Law does not logically necessitate that we are saying He is sinning. You violently beg the question when you simply assume the very thing you need to make a case for - that the Law remains in force.

It is hard to understand how you cannot know this.

Sure, we disagree on the present "standard" for sin is. But that is clearly a distinct matter from whether Jesus sinned or not. For us to be "trying to make Jesus out to be a sinner" by breaking the Law, we would have to be believe that He does not have authoritative justification to do so! But we clearly believe that He has such justification!
Breaking the law is sinning 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7 so claiming Jesus broke the law is the same as claiming Jesus is a sinner, which is contradictory to the Word of God. Jesus kept all the commandments including the Sabbath John 15:10, Luke 4:16 and Jesus is without sin which means He kept the commandments just like He told us. You seem to be misunderstanding the teachings of Jesus in Matthew 5:21-30 this is not a new teaching, there is never a time where God wanted man to have anger in their heart towards their neighbor. Loving neighbor and loving God is an OT teaching, Jesus did not change any of God’s commandments- giving greater understanding is not changing- Jesus condemns those who do not keep God’s commandments Matthew 15:3-9 quoting directly from the Ten.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Breaking the law is sinning 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7 so claiming Jesus broke the law is the same as claiming Jesus is a sinner, which is contradictory to the Word of God. Jesus kept all the commandments including the Sabbath John 15:10, Luke 4:16 and Jesus is without sin which means He kept the commandments just like He told us. You seem to be misunderstanding the teachings of Jesus in Matthew 5:21-30 this is not a new teaching, there is never a time where God wanted man to have anger in their heart towards their neighbor. Loving neighbor and loving God is an OT teaching, Jesus did not change any of God’s commandments- giving greater understanding is not changing- Jesus condemns those who do not keep God’s commandments Matthew 15:3-9 quoting directly from the Ten.

How about looking at it this way?
The law of Moses says to make animal sacrifices.
You and I don't make animal sacrifices. Both of us break those laws.

Are we sinning? No, those laws don't apply to us.

So it is very possible to break laws and not sin.

Peace be with you :heart:

A fascinating , passage from 2 kings 5:
"In this thing may the Lord pardon your servant: when my master goes into the house of Rimmon to worship there, and he leans on my hand, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon. When I bow myself in the house of Rimmon, may the Lord pardon your servant in this thing.”

He said to him, “Go in peace.”

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I know it must sound absurd to you to hear the possibility that Jesus broke the law.

How about looking at it this way?
The law of Moses says to make animal sacrifices.
You and I don't make animal sacrifices. Both of us break those laws.

Are we sinning? No, those laws don't apply to us.

So it is very possible to break laws and not sin.

Peace be with you :heart:

A fascinating , passage from 2 kings 5:
"In this thing may the Lord pardon your servant: when my master goes into the house of Rimmon to worship there, and he leans on my hand, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon. When I bow myself in the house of Rimmon, may the Lord pardon your servant in this thing.”

He said to him, “Go in peace.”
No, its not possible to break God's law and not sin- the very essence of breaking God's law is sin 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7

There are no more animal sacrifices Hebrews 10:1-10 Col 2:14-17 and this was never part of God's moral Ten Commandments - animal sacrifices came after the fall of man because of sin. Jesus became our sacrifice for sins when we confess, repent and turn from sin (breaking God's law) so its not "law" that we kill animals for the forgiveness of sins if following the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, its not possible to break God's law and not sin- the very essence of breaking God's law is sin 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7

There are no more animal sacrifices Hebrews 10:1-10 Col 2:14-17 and this was never part of God's moral Ten Commandments - animal sacrifices came after the fall of man because of sin. Jesus became our sacrifice for sins when we confess, repent and turn from sin (breaking God's law) so its not "law" that we kill animals for the forgiveness of sins if following the scriptures.
I talked about the law of Moses. Is it possible to break the law of Moses and not sin?

Leviticus 6
“Command Aaron and his sons, saying, ‘This is the law of the burnt offering: the burnt offering shall be on the hearth on the altar all night until the morning; and the fire of the altar shall be kept burning on it.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Already addressed....
I talked about the law of Moses. Is it possible to break the law of Moses and not sin?

Leviticus 6
“Command Aaron and his sons, saying, ‘This is the law of the burnt offering: the burnt offering shall be on the hearth on the altar all night until the morning; and the fire of the altar shall be kept burning on it.
Rephrasing the question doesn't change the answer.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟180,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Already addressed....

Rephrasing the question doesn't change the answer.
Well, I believe you responded by talking about God's law. My post talked about the law of Moses, which I believe you say is different from the law of God? :heart:

Leviticus 26
These are the statutes, ordinances, and laws, which the Lord made between him and the children of Israel in Mount Sinai by Moses.

Upvote 0