Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Scientific claims can be tested. How can you test all the claims made in the Creation Museum? And what was the outcome of these tests?

How do you test the belief that a bacteria will turn into horse given enough time and chance ... scientifically?

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever wondered why Ken Ham en Ray Comfort came from New Zealand to the USA to preach christianity. If they wanted to convert people to christianity the would go to places where the majority of the people are NOT christian, yet they chose the USA where 80% is christian: there are none to convert but so much more to make pay some money.

Ken Ham makes over $200k per year from Answers in Genesis. Not too shabby.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,884.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How do you test the belief that a bacteria will turn into horse given enough time and chance ... scientifically?
Answering a question with a coutner question is not very convincing.

But to answer your question: You don't, because a bacteria doesn't turn into a horse.

Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nah, they followed the money. As driewerf said, the USA is already a prime market to profit from creationists.
QV please:
From the time AiG was founded, Ham planned to open a museum and training center near its headquarters in Florence, Kentucky, telling an Australian Broadcasting Corporation interviewer in 2007, "Australia's not really the place to build such a facility if you're going to reach the world. Really, America is."

SOURCE

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ken Ham makes over $200k per year from Answers in Genesis. Not too shabby.
If you want to whine about someone's bank account, whine about Solomon's.

1 Kings 10:23 So king Solomon exceeded all the kings of the earth for riches and for wisdom.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not whining, just pointing out a fact. Creationism has paid quite well for those like Ken Ham.
As I said, some of those dollars came from atheists' wallets as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
As I said, some of those dollars came from atheists' wallets as well.

Indeed they have, although a pretty slim majority. Majority of funding for these types of ministries/organizations is donations. And they have some pretty wealthy benefactors.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
But to answer your question: You don't, because a bacteria doesn't turn into a horse.

nor even 50,000 generations of them - when it comes to "observations in nature" vs "stories easy enough to tell but they are not science because there is no way of putting them to the test"

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Clearly we differ.
Yes, it's amazing how much time we spend arguing with creationists in this forum--not about whether the theory of evolution is valid, but about what it claims, which should really be beyond dispute.

Suppose I said, "Christianity is a dumb religion because you have to believe that Jesus was an Olympic figure skater and we're all going to heaven on ice skates, which is really dumb." What would your response be? Probably something like, "That's not what Christians believe; go read the Bible to find out." But creationists don't seem to want to put any effort into finding out what the theory of evolution really claims.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it's amazing how much time we spend arguing with creationists in this forum

The last time I checked it was still the "Creation vs Evolution" Forum.

--not about whether the theory of evolution is valid, but about what it claims, which should really be beyond dispute.

Suppose I said, "Christianity is a dumb religion because you have to believe that Jesus was an Olympic figure skater and we're all going to heaven on ice skates, which is really dumb." What would your response be? Probably something like, "That's not what Christians believe; go read the Bible to find out." But creationists don't seem to want to put any effort into finding out what the theory of evolution really claims.

I am more than happy to quote what world class atheist evolutionist say about the flaws in evolution.

I think there is a forum here where I can do that.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The last time I checked it was still the "Creation vs Evolution" Forum.

I am more than happy to quote what world class atheist evolutionist say about the flaws in evolution.

I think there is a forum here where I can do that.
I'm sure you could. I wonder if you could come up with any that we haven't seen before? But why do they have to be quotes from atheist evolutionists?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
world class atheist evolutionists often are treated as the "gold standard" in some circles.

Suppose for example a Christian Creationist said "Hey you know I like Creationism but seriously there are some flaws in the case that we are making... like when we say this... or for example that.... well that just makes no sense".

That is the sort of thing that the evolutionists and even some Christian Creationist would say is certainly a possible thing to find happening. And it would be accepted.

But just imagine if the "gold standard" of evolutionists (A world class well-accepted atheist evolutionist) were to do something of that sort!! Imagine the uproar! Imagine the shouts of "well surely they could not have been serious! Possibly they corrected what they said negatively about evolution ten years later.. surely some explanation can be found for such a frank statement exposing a flaw".

Bottom line is -- they are the undisputed gold standard in "some circles".

Only in creationist circles. .

I find a paucity in logic there that is hard to ignore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
world class atheist evolutionists often are treated as the "gold standard" in some circles.
Only in creationist circles. Evolutionists value the statements of other evolutionists based on the science involved, not on whether they are atheists or not.

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,112.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Only in creationist circles. Evolutionists value the statements of other evolutionists based on the science involved, not on whether they are atheists or not.
Speaking as an atheist myself, if I suspect that an evolutionist's views are being influenced by their atheism I shall subject them to much closer scrutiny than would otherwise be the case. (The same would apply if their views were influenced by the their religious beliefs, or - indeed - their fanatical devotion to Rugby League.)

Upvote 0