The Conservative Christian Forum Venting thread (3)

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Something can be offensive without being a rule violation - hence the appearance of not doing anything.

However - profanity is a rule violation, as is flaming - those should be reported.

from the CF rules:
Sharing of information about one's beliefs, for instance by quoting Bible verses or witnessing, is encouraged. Honest debate and discussion regarding the existence and nature of God is allowed and welcome. Mockery of Christians, Christians beliefs, and the Christian God are not.

Flaming, baiting, trolling, or feeding trolls is not allowed. This also applies to groups. In other words, play nice, don't hurt others, nor call them names.

Defamation is not allowed.

Harassment of another member is not allowed.

Do not say racist or sexist things. If the swear filter is activated, edit your post, don't try to bypass it. Don't post graphics or text you would not be comfortable sharing with someone's grandmother.

Use the brain God gave you. Think before you post. Think about how your post may affect someone else.
My suggestion - quote the rule violated when you report a post and/or a pm - make it clear what you see as a violation and why - that way the staff doesn't have to guess where you're coming from. Also, the rule is right there in front of them - also harder for them to ignore.

For what it's worth - that's my 2 cents on reporting.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Support staff is really good about PM reports. They take them seriously, since PMs are definitely personal. I don't tolerate much when it comes to my PMs...generally if I get a PM that berates me in ANY way because of a staff action, it gets reported.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Alas if I was to report every offensive post I was to find on CF lately my finger would never be off that report button. Plus the staff don't seem to do anything about it anyway.
I had one recently that nothing was done either and it was clearly harrassing...
I was told it's just best to set my features not to accept pm's from them?

:sigh:
Oh well, I'm big enough to take petty garbage like that - God knows the situation and I'm fine with it.
Sometimes they just don't rule in our favor- sometimes they do.
:)

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It doesn't really matter. Here are two thoughts to mull over.

Luke 11:23
23"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.

Matthew 5:43-48
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen, those are true. :thumbsup:

What's that one about, be sure to do evil unto those who are your brothers
and sisters in Christ, and are a witness and testimony of it, evidenced by
the words they speak and what they stand for, which align with His word,
and be sure to puff up the pride of a sinner, and pat them on the back so he'll
be sure to continue on his road to destruction, but at least he'll like you now?

Oh that's right...it isn't in there. Silly me lol
That must have been one of those other books.
^_^^_^^_^

It doesn't really matter. Here are two thoughts to mull over.

Luke 11:23
23"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.

Matthew 5:43-48
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Upvote 0

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So THAT'S what they've been reduced to? Comparing fundamental Christianity with Nazis?

They're really getting desperate. And yeah, I totally think the thread needs to go. If I started a thread that was titled 'Atheism is just like ________" I'm sure it would get deleted.

WE have to be tolerant, yet those we have to be tolerant of don't have to be tolerant of us. Nice setup those atheists have got going, isn't it?

Well, as the great Cathedrals put it "I've got more to go to heaven for than I had yesterday."

Bring it on, baby. Bring. It. On.

It's not just atheists either Preachers Wife. Last week a Christian posted a thread objecting to allowing people with usernames like "Lucifer" and an equally offensive, indeed blasphemous handle to join CF and her thread was immediately deleted. So it's not just atheists we have to be "tolerant" towards.:( :sigh:

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not just atheists either Preachers Wife. Last week a Christian posted a thread objecting to allowing people with usernames like "Lucifer" and an equally offensive, indeed blasphemous handle to join CF and her thread was immediately deleted. So it's not just atheists we have to be "tolerant" towards.:( :sigh:
We've lost some great Christians over the basic issue of what this site allows & promotes when it claims to be "Christian".
:sigh:
We feel your pain & outrage - trust me! :swoon: :help:

*edited quote for Chococat's post edit*
;)

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
signs132.gif

What gets me is that that thread is being left there yet when a sincere Christian posted a thread here last week objecting to CF allowing people with names like "Lucifer" and someone else with a horrible blasphemous username which I won't even repeat here to join this board and promote their poison her thread was deleted straight away? I'm beginning to think the lunatics have taken over the asylum!:eek: :confused: :sick:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oops Nadiine I edited that post to include a quote by Preachers Wife. You shouldn't reply so quickly sis LOL:D :blush: ;) :hug:
LOL looks like 2 of us did! hehe.

I edited mine for you, I know how frustrating that is when you need to rephrase a post & people already pounced on it. LOL
:mad:

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So how do you keep your temper with these people slamming God?
I ended up just not going to the "Mission" section on this site.
They allow just way too much here from nonChristians. It's one thing to try to make them feel welcome, it's another to allow them to walk on the decent Christian members here.
& since they allow that, I don't go there at all. If they really want questions answered, They can come to these sections AND HONESTLY ASK US on our boards.

I find that many of them are here to attack, not SEEK anything. That's why I've stopped with that ministry. I can take it, I just don't WANT to anymore.
I feel God has moved me from that - I think the real sincere ones who ARE seeking will come to these areas & legitimately ask if they want to know something or understand our views.
(that's just me - God uses people many ways)

Upvote 0

ladyt28

God's Grace Fills My Life
Jun 12, 2007
Michigan
✟37,455.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
For what it's worth, I'm someone that you all are helping. Be patient with me as I describe how:
I grew up in an area with a strong Democratic base. I was taught that being politically liberal meant supporting the government making certain that the poor and unhealthy got help. I was never taught about liberal and conservative Christians. Then I found this site. I naturally thought I was a liberal. What a HUGE mistake That was!!

The more posts I read in the liberal areas, the more horrified I am. I had no idea that there are people who honestly believe that God not only condones sexual promiscuity but also believe that God led those sexual partners to them! :eek: Or that "God made me a homosexual so it can't be a sin". I know there are people who debate the legitimacy of the Bible and some of those arguments almost had me thinking about it but I have regained my senses in knowing that the Bible is God's word. Yes, there needs to be some historical context and that can be gained during Bible study but under no circumstances do I believe that "modern times" has the right to rewrite it! If God's word was distorted, then I have faith that God would have had it corrected long before the text became nearly 2000 years old.

While I might not be as energized as some regarding my beliefs, I know from reading the CC forum that this section reflects the way I believe more so than others. I never would have had the chance to realize that without this forum. For that, I thank you all!:hug:

Upvote 0
F

free2be

For what it's worth, I'm someone that you all are helping. Be patient with me as I describe how:
I grew up in an area with a strong Democratic base. I was taught that being politically liberal meant supporting the government making certain that the poor and unhealthy got help. I was never taught about liberal and conservative Christians. Then I found this site. I naturally thought I was a liberal. What a HUGE mistake That was!!

The more posts I read in the liberal areas, the more horrified I am. I had no idea that there are people who honestly believe that God not only condones sexual promiscuity but also believe that God led those sexual partners to them! :eek: Or that "God made me a homosexual so it can't be a sin". I know there are people who debate the legitimacy of the Bible and some of those arguments almost had me thinking about it but I have regained my senses in knowing that the Bible is God's word. Yes, there needs to be some historical context and that can be gained during Bible study but under no circumstances do I believe that "modern times" has the right to rewrite it! If God's word was distorted, then I have faith that God would have had it corrected long before the text became nearly 2000 years old.

While I might not be as energized as some regarding my beliefs, I know from reading the CC forum that this section reflects the way I believe more so than others. I never would have had the chance to realize that without this forum. For that, I thank you all!:hug:
I can really relate to this, ladyt...I was the same way when I first started coming around. I dind't know there where different "classes" of Christians and didn't know where I "fit" in. I know that most of my Christian views are conservative...CC helped me to figure that out. In general tho, I've also learned that I don't like to be labelled.

I'm glad that it's helped you too. :) :hug:

Oh wait, that wasn't a rant! :sorry: Ah well....carry on....

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pray First

Post later

Or as I do complain to some friends of mine on IM and rant there and get it out of my system .... ;)

If you need me to be an ear I am here

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

for what it's worth I rarely, if ever, go to GT or GA - less stressful that way

Pray First

Post later

excellent suggestion

2 additional "helps"

I'm a big believer in Colossians 4:6 in my posting
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.
I often type out my posts in Works - then cut and paste here. That gives me time to evaluate my comments before hitting the submit button.

Upvote 0