The Conservative Christian Forum Venting thread (3)

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My vent is about a girl I befriended online. At first we used to be really close but now she has made a load of other online friends and hardly gives me the time of day! She denies she is pushing me out and says she is just too "busy" to come online. I know part of the problem is time differences as she lives in the UK and I live in the US but I can't help feeling she could make more of an effort if she really wanted to. What makes it worse is that I don't have a home PC so have to use cybercafes. She just says things like "get a home computer then you can be online all the time like they (her other friends) are". She forgets that I am on a low income and have my own place not like most of her and her other friends who still live at home with their parents. It also hurts because I have to make more of an effort to get online whereas all they don't even have to venture outside the front door. What makes it worse is that she doesn't even bother to email me when she can't get online. For instance I sent her a pm (on another board) wishing her a happy New Year and didn't even get a reply. Then she wonders why I get upset with her. She says she really cares for me but to me actions speak louder than words! The strange thing is when I tell her I am ending the friendship she gets really upset and I end up relenting (mainly because despite the way she treats me I still care about her and want her as a friend. Please pray that things will change or else God will bring a more trustworthy friend into my life.:prayer: :pray:

Reactions: edie19
Upvote 0

Chococat

Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I appreciate that Criada:hug: Above all pray for the anger and bitterness I feel towards her. At the moment I feel I love her but don't like her very much. The most hurtful thing for me is that her and some of her other friends write stories online together as "The Hawthorne sisters" yet when I ask her can I join in she makes excuses. It makes me feel really left out and rejected. I'd like to make more online friends but part of me is scared the same thing will happen with them. I expect such thoughtlessness from a nonChristian but it really hurts that someone calling themselves a born-again Christian can treat people like that.:mad: :cry:

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
nyj said:
The internet, IMO, can be a tool that can be used for growth ... for knowledge, for faith ... but also for ego. When we come to a media form such as message boards, the chance that we will become enamored of our own writings, and begin to think that our opinion should be the opinion of every other person we come across ... and that people should hang on our words as if they were gospel ... is great. We begin to lose ourselves in our writing ... that we start to believe that our opinions are much more. Continually posting ... can lead us to think that we're more important ... than others, than God ... and it becomes almost a form of worship of self.

So why does your thread of thanksgiving go empty? Well, in my case ... I'm probably too busy thanking myself for my "wit and wisdom" ... the manifestation of which is ... I make more posts glorifying myself and "announcing" that glorification to others by enjoining them in debate and discussion.

I think this is something that I had to learn a long time ago. I can learn from the child here more effectively than anything else. I used to think how dare someone of that age speak to me that way or ect anything along those lines... because quite frankly in my forum I was treated special by the members because I was one of the most outgoing and talkative apologists. This got me a reputation though that was negative based as well because people couldn't see me they just saw the debate artist. Now even though I have changed my name and I have not gone into GT or GA to debate in quite some time the reputation that I had given myself has still followed me.

And sometimes even as a mod I can get an air about my posts in reports that is not good for my team and then have to reassess the situation and realize I am part of a team and everyone's opinion counts on the team. Being a mod has been one of the most humbling experiences I have had here on CF so far. I am grateful that the Lord allowed me to help people here in this capacity.

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Criada my friend :hug:

Chocolat :hug: to you too as you need some of them and my PM box is always open if you need to talk to someone I will always answer as soon as I pick up my messages I promise even if it is to tell you that I will send you more of a note later (Sometimes I have reports to work first)

Reactions: edie19
Upvote 0

Chococat

Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm done caring.

Caring only makes it suck all the more

That is certainly something I can relate to at the moment Freitag.:sigh: :hug: Sometimes you knock yourself out caring about people only to have them throw it back in your face. However the alternative is to become hard and brittle which brings its own problems. I believe Jesus knows how we feel after all He experienced the same thing when He was on earth but He continued caring even at the cost of His own life.

Upvote 0

rmw8855

Robin 8^)
May 25, 2007
California
✟67,202.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
That is certainly something I can relate to at the moment Freitag.:sigh: :hug: Sometimes you knock yourself out caring about people only to have them throw it back in your face. However the alternative is to become hard and brittle which brings its own problems. I believe Jesus knows how we feel after all He experienced the same thing when He was on earth but He continued caring even at the cost of His own life.

I think we all feel that way sometimes, but I agree that the consequences of not caring is worse. :hug: We love you Chococat :hug:

It is so easy to get caught up online in discussing issues, playing games, etc. that we forget to let each other know how much we value them and care about them. :hug: I appreciate and love everyone here. :hug: The people here have made me laugh when I was depressed, comforted me when I was hurt, defended me when I was attacked, and made me feel like I was a part of the family (even when I said something stupid). Thank you all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It's not just you.

What's worse is that it's allowed and encouraged.

Try saying something negative about Islam and see how far you get.

But say something negative about Christianity, and you're lauded for it.

Go figure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't blame you. I was trying not to gossip and got "told off" in PM because I wouldn't share more and ended the conversation. SIGH....was told I was unchristian by an unbeliever and profanity was used.
pay no mind Karrie -- as long as we stick with what the Bible tells us, we're doing the right thing and sometimes that upsets & offends people.

Sad, but true. God bless you.:hug:

Galatians 6:9
And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

2 Thessalonians 3:13
But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good.

:holy:

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for that Nad...

I am facing that now...getting weary. It's hard when you see the enemy twisting the Truth into what he needs for it be to lie.

I have stated it and I am just feeling the need to let it alone and not fight it.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for that Nad...

I am facing that now...getting weary. It's hard when you see the enemy twisting the Truth into what he needs for it be to lie.

I have stated it and I am just feeling the need to let it alone and not fight it.
Awwe, I hear you. :hug:
Sometimes that's what you should do too :thumbsup:

Choose your "fights" - some things aren't worth continuing and some are. If you feel that way in your spirit, just let it go sistah =)

Upvote 0

Chococat

Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it just me or is the mockery of God and Christ gotten worse?

It is so discouraging and vexing.

It's definitely not you Karrie Tex. Sad to say mockery of the Lord and His followers have grown to epidemic proportions. You only have to visit sites like YouTube where Satanists openly promote their poison. Not only that but if anyone posts a film with a Christian theme on that site as sure as night follows day they will get a flood of really nasty comments in response. For instance someone posted a beautiful Christian song on YouTube which while it did not specifically mention God was obviously about Him. Several Christians started talking about their faith and how the song speaks to them and is a comfort to them etc when a nonbeliever posted a message asking could we not "keep God out of it" and that talking about our faith was "spoiling it for the rest of us". It's not even as if anyone was preaching! It's a jolly poor show when we Christians can't even share what the Lord has done for us without being attacked!:sigh: :mad: Yet this person is probably one of those people who defends inappropriate contentography on the grounds of "freedom of speech"! I too find it extremely vexing. I know Jesus warned us to expect this especially as we drew nearer to His Return but it is still very hurtful when it happens.:( :cry:

Upvote 0