The Conservative Christian Forum Venting thread (3)

Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
:hug:
That sounds like a horrible experience, sweetie.
And I know what you mean about preaching fear... it's not the whole gospel, and scaring people into the kingdom of God is not really a good idea!
But don't let it worry you... just keep on loving Jesus and listening to Him and you won't go wrong.
:hug:

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The liberals are the least of my problems at the moment. I've just had to leave another Christian board because me and a friend got into an argument with some people there because we actually dared to disagree with the tactics of someone's favourite preachers. (I won't say who they are but they are the sort who IMO lay a lot of guilt on struggling Christians because of their theory that if you are not living a near perfect life you probably aren't saved). In the end we were both talked to in a very condescending way and ganged up on. I also had hints dropped on me that I probably wasn't saved and the way I came to the Lord did not count because it didn't involve fear (For the record I came to Him because I wanted, no needed Jesus in my life:bow: ). This and what happened elsewhere on this board has made me heart sick and angry. Why can't we Christians love each other instead of judging and attacking each other all the time?:sigh: :( :cry: :confused:

you know what's really sad about the theology you're disagreeing with (and IMO you're right) is that if these same people ever face true persecution (be it religious or personal, i.e. major illness) they won't have the foundation to stand on and be sustained.

edie

Upvote 0