The Conservative Christian Forum Venting thread (3)

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fantasy015.gif

Upvote 0

IamRedeemed

Blessed are the pure in Heart, they shall see God.
May 18, 2007
Visit site
✟24,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your post nyj. :hug:
A very thought filled post and many true statements that you made. :sorry: :o

Is using "..." a lot a bad thing? :sorry: I do it very often!!! hahahaha^_^ I guess we are alike in that manner. We actually "talk" in forums, rather than write grammatically correct essays. hehehe

God bless brother!

Which is never a bad thing, and thank you for your post. It hit home.

The internet, IMO, can be a tool that can be used for growth ... for knowledge, for faith ... but also for ego. When we come to a media form such as message boards, the chance that we will become enamored of our own writings, and begin to think that our opinion should be the opinion of every other person we come across ... and that people should hang on our words as if they were gospel ... is great. We begin to lose ourselves in our writing ... that we start to believe that our opinions are much more. Continually posting ... can lead us to think that we're more important ... than others, than God ... and it becomes almost a form of worship of self.

So why does your thread of thanksgiving go empty? Well, in my case ... I'm probably too busy thanking myself for my "wit and wisdom" ... the manifestation of which is ... I make more posts glorifying myself and "announcing" that glorification to others by enjoining them in debate and discussion.

Food for thought for me IaR, thanks for moving me along in that regard.

Upvote 0

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which is never a bad thing, and thank you for your post. It hit home.

The internet, IMO, can be a tool that can be used for growth ... for knowledge, for faith ... but also for ego. When we come to a media form such as message boards, the chance that we will become enamored of our own writings, and begin to think that our opinion should be the opinion of every other person we come across ... and that people should hang on our words as if they were gospel ... is great. We begin to lose ourselves in our writing ... that we start to believe that our opinions are much more. Continually posting ... can lead us to think that we're more important ... than others, than God ... and it becomes almost a form of worship of self.

So why does your thread of thanksgiving go empty? Well, in my case ... I'm probably too busy thanking myself for my "wit and wisdom" ... the manifestation of which is ... I make more posts glorifying myself and "announcing" that glorification to others by enjoining them in debate and discussion.

Food for thought for me IaR, thanks for moving me along in that regard.

Thank God this post finally came up today for me. Every single poster on chat forums and discussion boards should copy and print out and frame this very enlightening composition.

Words fail, nyj, but thanks with all my heart.

Wisdom is ever refreshing.

:idea:

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
*Huggles* I know it sounds cliche, but it really helps to lay the sadness at Jesus' feet. He has experience handling great loss and sorrow. I'll say a prayer for you.
Thank you :hug:
Have been trying to do that...
Just hard to avoid picking it back up sometimes...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you :hug:
Have been trying to do that...
Just hard to avoid picking it back up sometimes...

You dan't have to pick it up, Criada. Jesus does that for us. He takes care of us. Give him the reigns. Let him drive. Let him take care of all of your sorrows. He will.:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Reactions: Tenebrae
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ladyt28

God's Grace Fills My Life
Jun 12, 2007
Michigan
✟37,455.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am constantly taking my burdens back to carry them a little longer. I was once asked if I don't trust the Lord with them - that's not it...I think they just feel so familiar...and I wish I could forgive myself like I know our Father does.

Upvote 0

kasprinkle

Nov 23, 2007
✟15,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I learned this poem as a teen, a few years ago (LOL). It's a bit corny, but very true:

As children bring their broken toys
with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
because He is my Friend.
But then, instead of leaving Him
in peace to work alone,
I stayed around and tried to help
with ways that were my own.
Finally I snatched them back and said,
"How COULD You be so slow?"
He said, "My child, what could I do?
You never did let go!"

Upvote 0

faithmouse

Sep 4, 2007
Visit site
✟15,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've had a post deleted by a mod 'Prayer' for 'flaming' because I called someone who repeatedly defends abortion and denies that a fetus is a child a fake Christian.

No one should be allowed to argue in favor of abortion in a place called 'Christian forums'. This forum is supposed to be special, but obviously it's no different than anywhere else. The 'Christian' in the URL is meaningless.

It's pretty warped when you have mods defending the wolves and banning the protestations of the sheep.

I won't hesitate to call this person a fake Christian again, if the situation arises. If this gets me permanently banned, I'll be proud of that.

Reactions: Nadiine
Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've had a post deleted by a mod 'Prayer' for 'flaming' because I called someone who repeatedly defends abortion and denies that a fetus is a child a fake Christian.

No one should be allowed to argue in favor of abortion in a place called 'Christian forums'. This forum is supposed to be special, but obviously it's no different than anywhere else. The 'Christian' in the URL is meaningless.

It's pretty warped when you have mods defending the wolves and banning the protestations of the sheep.

I won't hesitate to call this person a fake Christian again, if the situation arises. If this gets me permanently banned, I'll be proud of that.

...and I thought mice were meek;)

Never give up the fight:thumbsup: faithlion

Upvote 0

faithmouse

Sep 4, 2007
Visit site
✟15,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...and I thought mice were meek;)

Never give up the fight:thumbsup: faithlion
Thanks, Mr. Jim,

YOUR POST in Conservative Christians has been REPORTED 12-28-2007

Hi, your post has been reported:

Originally Posted by faithmouse

http://christianforums.com/showthrea...8#post41969948

This is part of this thread:

The Conservative Christian Forum Venting thread (3)
http://christianforums.com/t6277524

This is the reason that the reporter gave:
# Reasonable confidentiality will be respected by Staff and Members, alike.
# Issues with staff decisions should be taken to the staff member, then the reconciliation team, period. Don't post them, don't PM them to others, don't take them to Lee.

The Report Thread in the Staff Forum is here:
http://christianforums.com/t6640518

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all administrators if there are no moderators. Please be patient as staff may not be online at the moment. Staff may choose not to let you know the outcome of this report. Feel free to PM the moderators of this forum if you have any queries about your report.

Mychristianforums.com Link: ChrisBot.christianforums.com (25102 views)​

Click here to chat with me now!!!

Upvote 0