• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LovesEnduringPromise

Exactly!! How can something like the nausea of hunger feel so euphoric?? :doh:

Also, I'm terrified and yet hopeful of getting this flu that has been going around. How truly sad is that? :cry:
Ah I know what you mean. Its so sickening how something like 'I wish I had the flu' enters our minds...we know that it would keep us from eating...we know it would keep us in bed all day...and we would lose weight...its how distorted our minds our....gosh
Today I threw away all the fattening foods in our house....even if they werent all used up.....I feel bad because thats wasting.....but its so triggering for me when I have candy/chocolate around or anything fatty around...it triggers a binge and purge mode..which I did today....it was so difficult not to have a big binge..and I did and I purged..and then I felt so much guilt..*sigh*..and when I go to the grocery Im getting alot of healthy foods...no more junk....though its hard

Upvote 0
L

LovesEnduringPromise

Or sometimes I am like 'I wish I lived in New york'..when I think of New york I think of always being busy...and never having time for food. I would always have something to distract myself like walking around the streets all day....shopping....it just seems chic there...I also think of salads and low cal foods when I think of New York....and rail thin people....its weird....
I also wished one time that I had worms....weird right? But having worms you lose weight.....gosh....UGH

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or sometimes I am like 'I wish I lived in New york'..when I think of New york I think of always being busy...and never having time for food. I would always have something to distract myself like walking around the streets all day....shopping....it just seems chic there...I also think of salads and low cal foods when I think of New York....and rail thin people....its weird....
I also wished one time that I had worms....weird right? But having worms you lose weight.....gosh....UGH

I understand perfectly Sabrina. Sometimes we'd be willing to attempt anything for this thing, huh? :hug:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
AHH it's been forever again. :cry:

I'm struggling now too, sounds like you all are as well. Funny how it happens... I've been eating XXX amount of calories and today I "binged" and ate over that limit... not happy with myself, but with the low-carb diet, carbs are so tempting!!! I can make it for four days on a majorly restricted diet and then I eat more than I should. :-(

Oh well.

I'll try to stay more in touch. I hate missing you all but I've been mad busy. And I'm so much more active on Facebook than I am here, mostly because it's easier access on campus. I don't want people there knowing that I'm part of a family on here... so yeah. Stupid of me??

*hugs to all*

* Arnold nestles near Kerin and Sabrina and goes to sleep. :yawn:

Upvote 0

shazabella

Senior Veteran
Mar 14, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟13,487.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Uni is killing me !!

I was meant to finish on the twenty third of november but now its been bumped back to the twenty eighth after a four hour maths exam (uggh!!!).

Everything is about grades atm and i am stressing - i think i would be willing to jump through firey hoops if it gave me a chance at higher marks. I got two top marks yesterday and yet its not enough because i have one bad mark hanging over my head.

my perfectionist streak is coming through big time to the point where I'm not eating and its eleven:twenty three am and i still haven't had breakfast ... i just can't stomach anything. I am currently anemic and the doctor has told me i need to eat and eat iron rich foods but i just can't stomach them atm and i have surgery on the tenth of December which is also worrying me - its going to be six months before i will be fully mobile again and i just think eek yucky weight gain and not being able to exercise it away.

/me sits and stares out the window and watches the world go by

- Shaz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uni is killing me !!

I was meant to finish on the twenty third of november but now its been bumped back to the twenty eighth after a four hour maths exam (uggh!!!).

Everything is about grades atm and i am stressing - i think i would be willing to jump through firey hoops if it gave me a chance at higher marks. I got two top marks yesterday and yet its not enough because i have one bad mark hanging over my head.

my perfectionist streak is coming through big time to the point where I'm not eating and its eleven:twenty three am and i still haven't had breakfast ... i just can't stomach anything. I am currently anemic and the doctor has told me i need to eat and eat iron rich foods but i just can't stomach them atm and i have surgery on the tenth of December which is also worrying me - its going to be six months before i will be fully mobile again and i just think eek yucky weight gain and not being able to exercise it away.

/me sits and stares out the window and watches the world go by

- Shaz

Hey Shaz! You're so close to being done though! And can I just say that a four hour math exam..:sick: . That would do me in right there! I hope you're feeling better! :hug:

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did horrible today. I binged on loads...then purged....*sigh*
But Im hoping and praying for the best...
You know its not when we fail that is our downfall...it is how we see our downfalls that make it better...if we see them in a positive light then we can pick ourselves right back up

Sabrina! :hug: You're right, our little stumbles don't define us it's all about attitude! :) Hope the day gets better!!

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: Sabrina. And yey for your attitude, you're completely right. It is our attitude, and I'm just learning that now. :hug:

Carbs carbs carbs... I haven't been getting enough of them so my GI tract is messed up bigtime... whenever I eat it feels like a stomachful of rocks. And then I've got other GI problems, but we'll not go there. ;) So I have to eat more... wasn't eating the lowest limit that my nutritionist gave me... so yeah. :-S

But I didn't weigh myself this morning for the first time in a few weeks. I told myself I wouldn't, and I didn't. ^_^ And I also am not counting calories today... didn't know that I could just not do it like that... pretty cool! :)

(((hugs to all)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arianna

Senior Veteran
Nov 7, 2005
England
✟11,311.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bunnyhugff.gif
Bethany - You really do need the food
bunnyhugff.gif
It;s great that you've eaten
xxxx

Upvote 0

shazabella

Senior Veteran
Mar 14, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟13,487.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its questionable whether they can do the surgery or not atm - it gets decided after my final blood test in early December.

I really had no idea i was this sick or that i was doing this to my body and now i could be too sick to have the surgery

:cry:

- Shaz

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Morning everyone!

:hug: Sabrina!

Good to see you again April. I'm so glad that you've finally found a "diet" that is working for you. How are you?

I'm glad you're back Ari. Are you ok? :hug:

Good for you for being strong Bethany. Hang in there hun!

Shaz. Hope you're feeling better. Let us know the status on your surgery so we can be praying for you!

Nice to meet you BurningHeart and welcome! (if you haven't been here before) :wave:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.