• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenForHim

Oct 15, 2006
In a box
Visit site
✟8,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've missed you guys so much...still feeling bad that I haven't been on here for a while. I've been so busy with the doctor and all that, I'm so scared to get better...I want to keep lossing so badly, but I know that I can't because I don't want to be like this for the rest of my life...I wot get into a treatment place for up to # months, but my doctor said that at the rate I'm going I'll probably get in sooner because they willl keep bumping me up the list *sigh* which makes me feel bad because its not fair to the other people.

Upvote 0

shazabella

Senior Veteran
Mar 14, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟13,487.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

my knee surgery is set for sometime in december ... and its now all seeming a little too real. I have a pre admissions appointment so the surgeon can organise when he's operating, which i got told will be in December.

can i have a hug or three ?

- Shaz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:hug: :hug: :hug: for everyone. lindz hope u managed to get soem sleep, and the tests went ok. good luck with the appointment Shaz hope it goes ok, morning Ari how you doing?

my voice slighlty came bk yesterday just very very hoarse it managed to get me through what i neded it for though. i went to the locak walk in center because it got really sore and i got a temp plus my mate sort of dragged me, they said its laryingitus caused by the cold i had the other week. but as its spreading quite high up my throat i may get tonsilitus so i have to watch out for it. so we'll see.

a nice warm drink wil go down well i think its rather chilly here this morning.

Katey slips in from the cold brews up a nice pot of tea and sits by the fire.

Upvote 0
L

LovesEnduringPromise

I've missed you guys so much...still feeling bad that I haven't been on here for a while. I've been so busy with the doctor and all that, I'm so scared to get better...I want to keep lossing so badly, but I know that I can't because I don't want to be like this for the rest of my life...I wot get into a treatment place for up to # months, but my doctor said that at the rate I'm going I'll probably get in sooner because they willl keep bumping me up the list *sigh* which makes me feel bad because its not fair to the other people.
Keep staying strong. Im with you on this. Im in recovery too. PM me anytime you like!!! Id like to help encourage you. I know how hard this is, I know the urges to lose weight, but you have to fight fight fight!!!! you can win this. Be positive and relax. Dont force and rush yourself. God bless you!

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all.

Thanks for the coffee Ari and how are you today?

Glad to see you Lindz and praying that you'll get into recovery soon!

Stay strong Bec! I really hope you're able to make it through that evening!

April I'm going to check that site out it sounds interesting! Is your semester going as fast as mine? I can't believe we're past midterm already! :eek: This should be my last tough semester (before entering the RN program that is) so I just need to keep on keeping on!

Mya is the "big girl" and loves school!! She's the one in the class that always raises her hand to answer every question because she wants her teacher to know how much she knows and wants her to like her. I'm just sure she won't be a perfectionist like me :doh: !! The "baby" is Shane and she's two and a half going on five like her big sissy. Every day is a great day to be living as far as she's concerned!

**Work is ssooooo slow right now and other than organizing my messy desk :sick: I have almost nothing to do. I should be catching up on more schoolwork. Must motivate myself.......**

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrokenForHim

Oct 15, 2006
In a box
Visit site
✟8,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
aww Bethers whats wrong??

I just got home from the hospital, they had to poke me a billion times before they could draw blood...it wasn't very fantastic feeling...the ECG wasn't bad at all, really cold haha but it was okay..now I just want to know if the results are good or bad, I wont find out until Friday when I go in for my weekly weigh in. In a way I want it to be bad, which is so stupid but I do and I don't know why..maybe its because if its okay then I'm scared they wont think I have a problem...even though they have made it clear that I do, it still creeps into my mind and thats all I think about... :sigh: whats wrong with me

Upvote 0

oneandlonely

Some days its hard to be a One Girl Revolution
Apr 11, 2005
Indiana
Visit site
✟17,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It has taken me so long to admit that I'm not ok, that I can't do this on my own, that I needed help. It took me so long. It was huge for me to then reach out and get help.

I was with one of my friends today and she knows that I have an eating disorder (i can't believe that I can call it that now, that I've be "diagnosed") But she just... She doesn't get it.

I had a test today. So thought I would just go back to my room after chapel, eat a yogurt, and study for the test. She freaked out and thought I wasn't eating enough. So she forced me to get lunch. I got it to go. and I just couldn't eat. But while we were standing in line she flipped out on me. Told me that I have control over this, that I don't need to see a psych, I just need to start eating. I can't get her to understand that I can 't.

My counselor last appointment started talking about the few residential treatment centers around. I think she is throwing me hints. I told my friend this (before her flip out) because I'm am so scared. She laughed about it and said "what is that? Fat camp... only for skinny people?" I wanted to go sob.

It took me so long to get help. My friend told me today that its dumb and weak I can't just get over it and pick up some food. I wish it was that simple

I just want to lay in bed and cry. It hurt so much,

I brought my lunch back to my room and I just can't eat it. I'm to upset. But I forced myself to eat some yogurt.

This day... this week... needs to end

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.