• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Coffee Shop (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ooh snooowww.... ^_^ That's an awesome pic, Lindz ... thanks for sharing!! :) Looks like fun- I've never been downhill skiing, just cross country... how was it??

/me sends a ton of snow down to Tn.
Hehe, too bad you can't visit me ... we'd have a lot of fun playing in the snow. :D And then hot chocolate and brownies afterwards (or maybe peanut butter fudge, I have a freaking delicious recipe for that) ((and for once, who cares about calories, right?? :p)). Maybe someday you should take a vacation to Alaska ... or up to one of the northern states. Minnesota and Pennsylvania both get a lot of snow ... Maine does too, and Maine is gorgeous. I would love to live there!!

You know, I love the song "Corner of the Sky." :swoon: It's so pretty!!

Upvote 0

BrokenForHim

Oct 15, 2006
In a box
Visit site
✟8,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it was sooooo awesome <3 <3 <3

I'm getting my tatto on my 16th birthay, May 16th
its going to be hands praying in black and grey and on the wrist its going to my my Jesus neckalce wraped around it because when I first become a christian I ws laying in a hosptail bed and a really specail friend of mine gave it to me and tied it around my wrist...that night I prayed for my slavation...I haven't told anybody about what I'm getting so you guys sould feel special :p ...I shall post a pic of the nacklace:D I haven't taken it off since I've had it (2 years ago) it means a lot to me....oh the tatty is going on my lower back
30j77ra.jpg

Upvote 0

freedomsong

Oct 16, 2006
✟15,153.00
Faith
Nazarene
Hey! I love the pictures of snow. I have about a foot of snow where I live. It was a lot of fun today to build a snowman, but I also shoveld snow for 1 1/2 hrs. to burn calories. it was hard work but it's better than what I could have done. Anyways, I hope all of you are doing well. I think I am going to bed because I am sleeping from shoveling snow. Good night.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
it was sooooo awesome <3 <3 <3

I'm getting my tatto on my 16th birthay, May 16th
its going to be hands praying in black and grey and on the wrist its going to my my Jesus neckalce wraped around it because when I first become a christian I ws laying in a hosptail bed and a really specail friend of mine gave it to me and tied it around my wrist...that night I prayed for my slavation...I haven't told anybody about what I'm getting so you guys sould feel special :p ...I shall post a pic of the nacklace:D I haven't taken it off since I've had it (2 years ago) it means a lot to me....oh the tatty is going on my lower back
30j77ra.jpg
that will look nice, i have 2 tats, they are addicting just a warning..
how is everyone, i "think" i am doing better, put on a few scary lbs...:(

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lindz, that's going to look awesome. :) And I do feel special that you told us first. :D And I love your Jesus necklace. Hehe. That was a one too many ands in a row.

Denise :hug::hug: It's good to hear that you think you're doing better ... that is wonderful!! :hug:

Aaand... lyrics to "Corner of the Sky" (by Pippin) -

Everything has its season
Everything has its time
Show me a reason and I'll soon show you a rhyme
Cats fit on the windowsill
Children fit in the snow
Why do I feel I don't fit in anywhere I go?

Rivers belong where they can ramble
Eagles belong where they can fly
I've got to be where my spirit can run free
Got to find my corner of the sky

Every man has his daydreams
Every man has his goal
People like the way dreams have
Of sticking to the soul
Thunderclouds have their lightning
Nightingales have their song
And don't you see I want my life to be
Something more than long....

So many men seem destined
To settle for something small
But I won't rest until I know I'll have it all
So don't ask where I'm going
Just listen when I'm gone
And far away you'll hear me singing
Softly to the dawn:

It makes me get chills ... I love it. I need to memorise it so I can sing it around the house ... hehe. We sang it in chorus when I was in high school, but I like it more now than I did then. I think it makes more sense to me... if that makes sense??

I'm cold ... brrr ... and I chatted with Jarrod for four hours last night! &#9829;&#9829;&#9829; That was a really long time, though... didn't get to bed til 11pm, which is late for me. Hehe. 'Twas worth it, though! Most definitely. Although I did have a mood crash... I'm getting so sick of those!

How is everyone??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

texannurse

Mar 13, 2006
✟1,183.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
Doing well today! :clap:

April, thanks for the lyrics. They are great. Definitely food for thought. I can't believe you talked for 4 hours! Wow, my jaw would fall off, I think:D

Denise - it's good to see you around again:wave: And I'm glad to hear you're doing a little better!

**TN puts some sweet rolls on the counter - help yourself**

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hehe.... yey for splitting the thread :D We need three or so more posts, I think...

How are you both doing? :hug::hug::hug:

Actually, it was chatting via MSN, so it was more like our fingers falling off! And we had our webcams on... so I got to watch him for four hours... that made me happy. I miss him so much... and I know that saying that won't change anything, and if I dwell on it, it'll make things worse... but oh well, it's true. I can't wait until he moves!!

Oof. Church this morning really whammed me between the eyes. Sort of. It was on Colossians 3. Good verses.

Oh! and Tn, I love Dante's Inferno. I'm already on Canto III and I was only supposed to read the first one! Delicious, delightful, and the poetry is amazing. I have a bilingual edition, so I can see the original Italian too... whic makes it even cooler. :)

Upvote 0

Arianna

Senior Veteran
Nov 7, 2005
England
✟11,311.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is night time now - so i think a very long nap is called for :) :sleep:

Glad you are doing ok

And, in answer to your question from very long ago - no, i haven't tried cherry and chilli tea! But, my supermarket does sell it, so mb i'll get some tomorrow and we can both have some:)
(none for Arnold tho. Don't argue with me panda)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.