USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, it is amazing. I'm going to conclude that the answer is that no Psalter is used.

Thanks.
Again I assume this is addressed to me but not sure since you don't reply directly. I use the Holy Bible as my reference. I see a lot of Catholics and similar denominations use Psalters, I am a Seventh day Adventist

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Again I assuming this is address to me but not sure since you don't reply directly. I use the Holy Bible as my reference. I see a lot of Catholics and similar denominations use Psalters, I am a Seventh day Adventist
Okay. This issue doesn't matter much to me, but as I said, I'm just watching.

However, if it DID matter much to me, I'd wonder how you use the Bible itself as a song book? That's what I thought the questioner (not me) was asking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Okay. This issue doesn't matter much to me, but as I said, I'm just watching.

However, if it DID matter much to me, I'd wonder how you use the Bible itself as a song book? Or maybe you don't sing at all? That's what I thought the questioner (not me) was asking.
We use a Hymnal and have a lot of beautiful songs to glorify God. Is this what you are asking ? Home - SDA Hymnal

• Friendly
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,329.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We use a Hymnal and have a lot of beautiful songs to glorify God. Is this what you are asking ? Home - SDA Hymnal

The bottom line is that you entirely ignore singing the Psalms despite the fact that the Bible has far more to say about singing Psalms thsn it does about the weekly Sabbath. Why is that?

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The bottom line is that you entirely ignore singing the Psalms despite the fact that the Bible has far more to say about singing Psalms thsn it does about the weekly Sabbath. Why is that?
Singing Psalms is not one of the commandments of God written in stone by the finger of God asking us to Remember His Holy day!

Again another question without answering anything.:scratch:

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And what does this have to do with the topic of this thread?

It apposes the church must be catholic the to source of agreement with God as His unseen witness not of mankind the temporal? two kinds of witness that of man and the other the greater . . . of God the eternal gospel.

There must be differences of opinions called heresies between the
denominations, us

There are
differences in our oral traditions . We seek the greater witness of His faith ,it works in us giving us his understanding not the witness of man seen the temporal .

Oral
traditions are not judgeable unless they do despite to the grace of Christ who bought us with a price the gospel work of Jesus and the fathers labor of love working together to bring us His peace which surpases our abiltlty to reason after the eternal things not seen .

Any sect (heresy) in whose
government is build on the hierarchy of men (kings, princes or fathers.. . where the venerable ones rule or lord it over the pew sitters (non venerable one) understandings

This does
despite to fulness of His grace. He does not give a unknown remnant of grace to one and to another called a Queen of heaven the fullness of the finished work . .that's another gospel, another foundation.

The bride of Christ the church in that way is the chaste virgin queen. (not literally called a queen ) His bride made up of many lively stones that makeup the spiritual unseen house the church.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Our agreement is with whom we seek the approval from .

Not by the things of men the temporal seeking there approval but the greater approval or witness of God not seen who works in each man differently.

Ultimately what does anyone have that they have not freely received from the hand of the lord.? And if they have why would they boast as if they have not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,329.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Singing Psalms is not one of the commandments of God written in stone by the finger of God asking us to Remember His Holy day!

So, all that matters to you is what God Himself wrote with His finger on stone. You have an amazingly concise Bible indeed.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,329.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It apposes the church must be catholic the to source of agreement with God as His unseen witness not of mankind the temporal? two kinds of witness that of man and the other the greater . . . of God the eternal gospel.

There must be differences of opinions called heresies between the
denominations, us

There are
differences in our oral traditions . We seek the greater witness of His faith ,it works in us giving us his understanding not the witness of man seen the temporal .

Oral
traditions are not judgeable unless they do despite to the grace of Christ who bought us with a price the gospel work of Jesus and the fathers labor of love working together to bring us His peace which surpases our abiltlty to reason after the eternal things not seen .

Any sect (heresy) in whose
government is build on the hierarchy of men (kings, princes or fathers.. . where the venerable ones rule or lord it over the pew sitters (non venerable one) understandings

This does
despite to fulness of His grace. He does not give a unknown remnant of grace to one and to another called a Queen of heaven the fullness of the finished work . .that's another gospel, another foundation.

The bride of Christ the church in that way is the chaste virgin queen. (not literally called a queen ) His bride made up of many lively stones that makeup the spiritual unseen house the church.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Our agreement is with whom we seek the approval from .

Not by the things of men the temporal seeking there approval but the greater approval or witness of God not seen who works in each man differently.

Ultimately what does anyone have that they have not freely received from the hand of the lord.? And if they have why would they boast as if they have not?

Thank you!!!

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God gives us the "gift of memory" to include singing songs as Psalms inspired prophecy and in the same we give us the memory that he rested from all thing made .

He not only teaches us comforts us but also bring to our minds the things he has taught us. We can rest in that work he works in us with us whether it the work of the first day or the last . In that way all things work together to those he calls according to the good purpose of His reveled will. And he saw it was very good.

So many agree he informs us he performed those things but do not believe .(no faith) We are comforted by that labor of faith that does work in us who do believe.

John14: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So, all that matters to you is what God Himself wrote with His finger on stone. You have an amazingly concise Bible indeed.
Are you saying the only scripture in the Bible God wrote doesn't matter?

My Bible is pretty standard, NKJV but you can find this concise scripture right here:

Exodus 20

Reactions: Icyspark
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Nothing can change that God rested on the 7 th. day or that he said let there be light on the 1st day.

Nothing can change that He created it to memorialize the end of His act of creation!! If He had ended at the 1st day---there would have been nothing else!! He declared the 7th day as sacred and sanctified---never said a thing about the 1st day except--It is good. If you wish to keep the 1sy day as sacred and holy that is you decision. God declared the 7th day as sacred, holy and said to worship Him on that day and that is whom I will obey. You can obey whomsoever you want.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is not talking about The Sabbath. This is talking about the Jewish festivals which were all called sabbaths. Some Jews insisted they all still need be kept and Paul said that is not needed, and to not pay attention to the Jewis 'rabbis, if you want to keep those that do not point to the slain Lamb, that is up to you. Those were the shadows, for they pointed to the coming Lamb as the Sacrificial Lamb. The Sabbath is not a shadow of things to come but has always been since creation and it points back to Creation week and God as the creator of all.

I attended Temple School it is exactly about the sabbaths which includes the seventh day one.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In Lev 23 when they list the "sabbath"s guess what is at the top of the list.

Leviticus 23
Easy-to-Read Version
The Special Festivals
23 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Tell the Israelites: You will announce the Lord’s chosen festivals as holy meetings. These are my special festivals.

Sabbath
3 “Work for six days, but the seventh day, the Sabbath, will be a special day of rest, a holy meeting. You must not do any work. It is a day of rest to honor the Lord in all your homes.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, but "church articles" do not wipe out what the bible says. It is the authority.
Leviticus 23
Easy-to-Read Version
The Special Festivals
23 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Tell the Israelites: You will announce the Lord’s chosen festivals as holy meetings. These are my special festivals.

Sabbath
3 “Work for six days, but the seventh day, the Sabbath, will be a special day of rest, a holy meeting. You must not do any work. It is a day of rest to honor the Lord in all your homes.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, how does all this chit-chat about the Sabbath affirm or disaffirm the catholicity of the church?

The early church worshipped every day before daylight. Romans 14 and History.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.