Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yes to be remembered as the day he rested in creating all the temporal things of this world (rudiments) a shadow of the world to come. The eternal rest.

When He created the Sabbath, there was no sin, nothing to point forward to. We have no idea how long Adam and Eve were living in Eden without sin. So, no---it stands as God intended---as a memorial to His creation and His power as God. You can not change the original meaning of it, or it's purpose into something else. Even after He wrote it on stone it still pointed backward to creation, never once has it pointed forward for it has remained the same. God, after several 1,000 years of sin, still kept the reason for it the same. If He wanted to change the reason for it---He would have said so.

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When He created the Sabbath, there was no sin, nothing to point forward to. We have no idea how long Adam and Eve were living in Eden without sin. So, no---it stands as God intended---as a memorial to His creation and His power as God. You can not change the original meaning of it, or it's purpose into something else. Even after He wrote it on stone it still pointed backward to creation, never once has it pointed forward for it has remained the same. God, after several 1,000 years of sin, still kept the reason for it the same. If He wanted to change the reason for it---He would have said so.

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

No one is trying to change the meaning that he rested of the 7th day. Sabbath means rest .It is a non time senititive word. We rest every time we mix faith in what we hear or see as long as today is today The rest we do receive today when we do not harden our hearts is a shadow of the eternal rest we will receive when we do receive the promise of our new incorruptible bodies . he makes our burden lighter .

In the new . . not under the Sun and moon the temporal time keepers the burden will be taken away in its entirety.

.Then the lion will lie down with the lamb then there will be no fear of death.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please see my post #255.

I would offer.. It confirms it as a shadow, the temporal time period (today under the Sun.) a remnant of eternal rest we will receive when we receive our new incorruptible bodies that all that died not receiving. Or like in 1 John 3:1-2. It informs us we are sons of God and it is not known what we will be in our new incorruptible body as the eternal bride of Christ, the church.

The shadows of the present the temporal under the sun it will disappear as the new incorruptible rudiments appear the new heaven and earth . The glory of God will be the light. God is Light and not that only can he create light, as sons of light (believers).

The things we do experience in our suffering, living in these bodies of death according to the letter of the law. This suffering will not be remembered or ever come to our minds forever more . Then I would suggest we can say we have received the perfect or complete rest .

Until then we do have the love of the Father not seen in these vessels of clays.

1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Isaiah 65:17For, behold I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

So, then to answer your question as to how. I believe we can share the mutual faith of Christ that works in those who believe the word of God.

The all or as many who receive the hearing of faith by a work of Christ's labor of love, or work of His faith that works mutually in all, as informed in Philippians 2: 13-14.God providing the power by which we can believe Him not seen. . the doing of His will.

Philipians 2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

I would offer we mix faith (the unseen eternal understanding of God )with the temporal things seen. Then we have what I would think a better chance to walk by faith rightly dividing the parables to find the hidden rich meaning or understanding of God to us. What I would call the poetic language or tongue of God the gospel understood . . from the working faith as a labor of His love to same the faith.. Again using parables to give us his hidden understand that works in us to both declare his righteousness will and to empower us to do it (Philippians 2:13-14) he making our burden lighter "the temporal rest" . This is when when we do not harden our hearts in false pride..

One of the prescriptions found in 2 Corinthians 4:18 we have been freely given to help us rightly divide the parables is needed in order to seek his unseen approval it can teach us how to walk or understand God by faith.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

In that way as sons of God we can search out what is called the "hidden manna" in Revelation 2. The word manna literally means "what is it ?".

It is not the bread of familiarity. The lukewarm anti-gospel, even Jesus brothers and sister rejected the Son of man Jesus as the bread of familiarity. .as did the apostles when not understanding the parable Christ had hid the meaning they then looked for a new leader as in "whom among the apostles was the greatest". With Jesus standing within six feet in front of them. Again parables are used to teach us how to walk by faith, His understanding. . . to us.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I would offer.. It confirms it as a shadow, the temporal time period (today under the Sun.) a remnant of eternal rest we will receive when we receive our new incorruptible bodies that all that died not receiving. Or like in 1 John 3:1-2. It informs us we are sons of God and it is not known what we will be in our new incorruptible body as the eternal bride of Christ, the church.

The shadows of the present the temporal under the sun it will disappear as the new incorruptible rudiments appear the new heaven and earth . The glory of God will be the light. God is Light and not that only can he create light, as sons of light (believers).

The things we do experience in our suffering, living in these bodies of death according to the letter of the law. This suffering will not be remembered or ever come to our minds forever more . Then I would suggest we can say we have received the perfect or complete rest .

Until then we do have the love of the Father not seen in these vessels of clays.

1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Isaiah 65:17For, behold I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

So, then to answer your question as to how. I believe we can share the mutual faith of Christ that works in those who believe the word of God.

The all or as many who receive the hearing of faith by a work of Christ's labor of love, or work of His faith that works mutually in all, as informed in Philippians 2: 13-14.God providing the power by which we can believe Him not seen. . the doing of His will.

Philipians 2:13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

I would offer we mix faith (the unseen eternal understanding of God )with the temporal things seen. Then we have what I would think a better chance to walk by faith rightly dividing the parables to find the hidden rich meaning or understanding of God to us. What I would call the poetic language or tongue of God the gospel understood . . from the working faith as a labor of His love to same the faith.. Again using parables to give us his hidden understand that works in us to both declare his righteousness will and to empower us to do it (Philippians 2:13-14) he making our burden lighter "the temporal rest" . This is when when we do not harden our hearts in false pride..

One of the prescriptions found in 2 Corinthians 4:18 we have been freely given to help us rightly divide the parables is needed in order to seek his unseen approval it can teach us how to walk or understand God by faith.

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

In that way as sons of God we can search out what is called the "hidden manna" in Revelation 2. The word manna literally means "what is it ?".

It is not the bread of familiarity. The lukewarm anti-gospel, even Jesus brothers and sister rejected the Son of man Jesus as the bread of familiarity. .as did the apostles when not understanding the parable Christ had hid the meaning they then looked for a new leader as in "whom among the apostles was the greatest". With Jesus standing within six feet in front of them. Again parables are used to teach us how to walk by faith, His understanding. . . to us.

Believe what you want. Doesn't change this one bit.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Thank you for the excellent reply. It is probably too much to hope that this thread will get out of the dead end of the SDA fixation on the Sabbath.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Believe what you want. Doesn't change this one bit.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Nothing can change that God rested on the 7 th. day or that he said let there be light on the 1st day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the excellent reply. It is probably too much to hope that this thread will get out of the dead end of the SDA fixation on the Sabbath.

Sorry you see it this way. It is a SDA fixation if you want put it that way because it is God's Holy Blessed Sabbath day. The day He deemed, not the one man choose. God asked us to make Him our priority. We put Him first by keeping His seventh day Sabbath as a Holy day to rest and Remember (opposite of forget). Instead of telling God, the day you deem is not that important to me, I will worship when I feel like it and at my convenience on a day I choose instead of the one You wrote with Your own finger and asked us not to forget. He is coming back and I do not want to explain why I did not keep this simple request He asked and commanded of us.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Sorry you see it this way. It is a SDA fixation if you want put it that way because it is God's Holy Blessed Sabbath day. The day He deemed, not the one man choose. God asked us to make Him our priority. We put Him first by keeping His seventh day Sabbath as a Holy day to rest and Remember (opposite of forget). Instead of telling God, the day you deem is not that important to me, I will worship when I feel like it and at my convenience on a day I choose instead of the one You wrote with Your own finger and asked us not to forget. He is coming back and I do not want to explain why I did not keep this simple request He asked and commanded of us.

He also said far, far more about singing Psalms and there is nothing at all difficult about that but you would never do that would that would you.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He also said far, far more about singing Psalms and there is nothing at all difficult about that but you would never do that would that would you.
I like Psalms too, some great passages. Here is a song about the Sabbath

Praise to the Lord for His Love and Faithfulness
A Psalm. A Song for the Sabbath day.
92 It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
2 To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,
And Your faithfulness every night,
3 On an instrument of ten strings,
On the lute,
And on the harp,
With harmonious sound.
4 For You, Lord, have made me glad through Your work;
I will triumph in the works of Your hands.

5 O Lord, how great are Your works!
Your thoughts are very deep.
6 A senseless man does not know,
Nor does a fool understand this.
7 When the wicked spring up like grass,
And when all the workers of iniquity flourish,
It is that they may be destroyed forever.

8 But You, Lord, are on high forevermore.
9 For behold, Your enemies, O Lord,
For behold, Your enemies shall perish;
All the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.

10 But my horn You have exalted like a wild ox;
I have been anointed with fresh oil.
11 My eye also has seen my desire on my enemies;
My ears hear my desire on the wicked
Who rise up against me.

12 The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing,
15 To declare that the Lord is upright;
He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I like Psalms too, some great passages. Here is a song about the Sabbath

Praise to the Lord for His Love and Faithfulness
A Psalm. A Song for the Sabbath day.
92 It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
2 To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,
And Your faithfulness every night,
3 On an instrument of ten strings,
On the lute,
And on the harp,
With harmonious sound.
4 For You, Lord, have made me glad through Your work;
I will triumph in the works of Your hands.

5 O Lord, how great are Your works!
Your thoughts are very deep.
6 A senseless man does not know,
Nor does a fool understand this.
7 When the wicked spring up like grass,
And when all the workers of iniquity flourish,
It is that they may be destroyed forever.

8 But You, Lord, are on high forevermore.
9 For behold, Your enemies, O Lord,
For behold, Your enemies shall perish;
All the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.

10 But my horn You have exalted like a wild ox;
I have been anointed with fresh oil.
11 My eye also has seen my desire on my enemies;
My ears hear my desire on the wicked
Who rise up against me.

12 The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing,
15 To declare that the Lord is upright;
He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Which Psalter do you use?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How do you sing the Psalms from the Bible alone?
You keep asking questions, but never answer any yourself. I know @Icyspark asked you a couple questions as did I and all we get back is more questions and no answers. I think in order to have a fruitful discussion should be both ways, do you agree?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.