Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Anyone know the release date of Season 2?

"Even with all the obstacles we’ve faced during the production of Season Two, our goal is still to release the first episode by Easter!"

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Loved the Phillip character, and the scene tying Nathaniel's question when under the tree to his meeting with Jesus was much as I had envisioned it. #3 was getting pretty "real", as they say.

Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Loved the Phillip character, and the scene tying Nathaniel's question when under the tree to his meeting with Jesus was much as I had envisioned it. #3 was getting pretty "real", as they say.
Agreed! Philip is such a likeable character. Can't wait to see more with him in it. I was in tears when Nathaniel finally met Jesus and all it took was him saying that he saw him under the fig tree to make him believe.

Episode 3 was just beautiful. Seeing mother Mary get all sad about feeling useful as a mother and then seeing how vulnerable Jesus was at the end of the episode and her running over to him. Such a moving show for sure!

Unfortunately it's going to be another 3-4 weeks before episode 4 :(

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was in tears when Nathaniel finally met Jesus and all it took was him saying that he saw him under the fig tree to make him believe.
I've watched that scene several times now. It's very moving. I saw a long time ago that there had to be something more to "I saw you under the fig tree", something profound. I picture Nathaniel asking God where Messiah was and if He saw Israel's plight under Rome. This was just a little different but it was the same idea. I also love the way they break the tension with a little lightheartedness. It makes Jesus more real, and I believe it actually gives insight into what it must have been like to walk with Him while He was here.

I thought Ep. 3 was rather dark, with all the strife, but I have to view it again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I've watched that scene several times now. It's very moving. I saw a long time ago that there had to be something more to "I saw you under the fig tree", something profound. I picture Nathaniel asking God where Messiah was and if He saw Israel's plight under Rome. This was just a little different but it was the same idea. I also love the way they break the tension with a little lightheartedness. It makes Jesus more real, and I believe it actually gives insight into what it must have been like to walk with Him while He was here.

I thought Ep. 3 was rather dark, with all the strife, but I have to view it again.
They really do such a great job writing stories around the scripture to give it a possible background to what was written. It's definitely very moving to see it in cinematic form.

Dark yes but very realistic
Agreed! But that's what made the episode so powerful. It's a reminder of how even as the son of God, he still lived a very human experience.

Also the director said that they filmed most of that episode in one shot! How amazing.

Reactions: doctorwho29
Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not usually into the Bible movies/series, but this one is very well done so far. Of course not perfect. Who said it was supposed to be? It is a movie. A lot better than the myriad of discussions and interpretations on forums here. Those who say, 'I'll stick with Scripture," then why listen to a sermon or read a spiritual book? They are interpretations too.

All the episodes are on YouTube by the way...
The Chosen - Season 1 - All 8 Full Episodes

Reactions: doctorwho29
Upvote 0