twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm between high and ultra. I definitely reject The Well– Meant Offer; Common Grace; and God having any love for the non-elect. I'm on the fence concerning Justification from eternity.

Getting out my lasso to pull you off the fence. I'll try not to ring your neck with it. ;)

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Don't be scared I only meant that I will try not to put the rope around your neck, hence the spelling "ring". I would never wring, as in wring out a wet rag, your neck. You do believe me don't you?

BTW I have some land in Florida that I would like to sell you. :D

Never mind that it is under water.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I definitely reject eternal justification and have displayed such in another thread... the law does not and did not justify for one matter...

I wholeheartedly accept that God loves everyone (but with reservations lol because that means all totally human, not polluted by the evil one)... For God so loved the WORLD...

and being a resident of Florida...I can sell some land for those interested lolol

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I definitely reject eternal justification and have displayed such in another thread... the law does not and did not justify for one matter...
Which I answered.

I wholeheartedly accept that God loves everyone (but with reservations lol because that means all totally human, not polluted by the evil one)... For God so loved the WORLD...
We'll just have to forgive these faults in you. ;)

and being a resident of Florida...I can sell some land for those interested lolol
I used to be a resident of Florida but it seems that I could never sell my land. I will always wonder why. :p

Upvote 0

cubanito

Nov 16, 2005
Southeast Florida, US (Coral Gables near Miami)
✟4,071.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey brother, I seem to be enamored with the same zest for the apostle Paul as you are with Cornelius Van Til. With proper exegesis of Paul's writings I think he must be considered the reason Calvin, Luther, Zwingli and yes Van Til came to their theological conclusions. :wave:

Paul was a post modernist, as shown by his calling Eupeminedes a prophet (Titus 1:12).

The problem with all the other guys, like Calvin, trying to understand Paul was that, except partially van Til, they were mostly modernists (though Luther was at times uneasy enough with modernism to remember the role of mystery). Even more than Calvin, many Reformed worship logic above God.

van Till was rather close and understood much of the limitations of being a creature, but even he did not know enough mathematics to understand Paul. Took me 2 1/2 years to understand Titus 1:12, and that was continued studies after my college math (I majored in 4 other subjects, so math was just a minor). My wife who never went to college and hated school knew this long before me. I had to go figure it out the hard way, she just always accepted that God knows more than her. Oh, and we're both Bible inerrant fundamentalists who affirm that Absolute Truth can be meaningfully communicated, so that's post-modernism for you!

But if you'll pardon the pun, that's just my perspective.

JR SEMPER reformanda

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,716.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hyper Calvinism seems intriguing. I always hear it talked poorly about. Is there a book on it? I looked on Amazon and the only results i get is;

HYPER CALVINISM IS DA DEBIL and HYPER CALVINISTS ARE NUTTY

Is there a place to read an honest assessment of their views?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,522.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A "Primitive" Baptist YouTube channel that espousal what I believe is Hyper Calvinism and I believe it for two reasons:

1) lack of evangelism
2) do to the belief that people can walk around regenerated and not converted

Now, I'm not saying Hyper Calvinists are not saved or believers in Christ. They simply believe some strange doctrines no stranger than Charismatics believing in modern tongues or Arminians who believe in prevenient grace or progressive sanctification. Jesus Christ and Him alone saves, not our perfect understanding of reveled truth for it that was the case...we'd all be lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzfPHlPRa60

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,522.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Thanks for the info JM. I will check out that channel.

I would say i would agree with a higher form of Calvinism. The less I have to do with anything the better in my opinion.

Like I always say, the most sinful person I know...is me.

In Christ alone,

jm

Upvote 0

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,716.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I spent alot of time recently studying Mystical Jewish Antinomianism. I am assuming that Hyper Calvinists are Antinomian? It's an odd doctrine that is abused but can make sense when practiced properly. At least from the Jewish perspective that I looked into. Not sure about the Christian one as I haven't studied it.

Upvote 0

gord44

Nov 4, 2004
✟27,716.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a wild channel. I am reading some of the comments in the video and a primitive baptists is going toe to toe with a fundamentalist baptist. It's like two boxers going at it. The fundamentalist baptist is throwing wild haymakers that miss most of the time while the primitive baptist is throwing clean technical shots that are landing square. Entertaining to say the least.

Interestingly enough, the primitive baptist says he's not a Calvinist.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0