Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think it was and was suppressed, because it establishes that the Messiah is Yeshua, and has come.
Also, the Essenes kept a lot of books for which we are thankful, but they had obviously that portion, because they wrote about "who" that son of man is, and they made him out to be the ruler of the Essenes.
I have the books, translated, but shipped them to our new home in FL, and would have to search Internet on my phone for that book they wrote.
Do you happen to have those translated books posted on the internet anywhere?
How many different translations/versions of the book of Enoch are out there?

Here are a few I found online:

http://www.hiddenbible.com/enoch/online.html

https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/

https://reluctant-messenger.com/1enoch01-60.htm

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the "portals" are baloney....

Speaking of which, in your flat earth...
I've requested several times in the past that you stop lying about me being a flat earth pusher.
I've also posted to you that the Hebrew word, transliterated to English, "tebel", means "globe" and is translated world; globe is the meaning of it and some translators of DSS do translate it as "globe"...somewhere, I've already referenced it. Cease and desist from lying about me.
Also, even Paul knows all the bodies around the earth run their course, which is their ordained paths.
The Psalmist also references the path/course of the sun, and in one book, Judges, I think, or not - gotta look it up, it is written: "the stars in their courses fought against Sisera.
Then Joshua commanded the sun and the moon to "stand still", and THEY did -

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you happen to have those translated books posted on the internet anywhere?
How many different translations/versions of the book of Enoch are out there?

Here are a few I found online:

http://www.hiddenbible.com/enoch/online.html

https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/

https://reluctant-messenger.com/1enoch01-60.htm
I was referencing the Dead Sea Scrolls translations that I have. I have several copies translated by two or three or four others – I can't remember.
In them, they talk about "The Son Of Man", and they are trying to establish their ruler as that "one"...
They would only have done that if they had access to the section on the Son of Man in the book of Enoch.
Obviously, they rejected the Messiah, and they wanted their leader to be a messiah.
They did have "the book of giants" and they did say it was written by Enoch, also

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Epic of Gilgamesh predates the Torah as well. Should we consider it holy writ, or part of the Bible?
Actually, it was a take off from Enoch's The Book of The Giants", found in the DSS and attributed to Enoch.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Presumably you believe that St. Peter is actually a rock, as well.

When is it do you reckon the sun heads north on its transit from one "portal" to the other? Howcome no one has noticed it going in one door and out another?
That's what the worldwide "henges" did note.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.
Psalm 78:23, He opened doors of heaven and the angels threw out some of their food, each day, and men ate angels food "grain of heaven".

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. I'll try and research it.
It's an electric universe, and the courses the bodies in heaven run are electromagnetic paths.
The pillars of earth that hold it in place are electromagnetic forces, and the paths established for the sun, moon, and stars are pulled by those forces. Also the winds in Enoch are such, that run through the cosmos.
Look into "the electric universe"..

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... we can't conclude that these portions are scripture.....
He gave you this, below, which is proof the Son of Man section is Enoch's sacred writing, even to the Essenes, even though the Essenes wanted their leader to be the Messiah written about by Enoch, the prophet, the seventh from Adam, they could not suppress this:

"...Enoch Absolutely Glorifies The Lord Jesus Christ 100% :

In those days the Lord bade them to summon and testify to the children of earth concerning their wisdom: Show it unto them; for ye are their guides, and a recompense over the whole earth. For I And MY SON will be united with them for ever in the paths of uprightness in their lives;and ye shall have peace: rejoice, ye children of uprightness. Amen.
• 1 Enoch 105:1-2"

Upvote 0

Theloneranger79

Sep 15, 2018
Rison
✟7,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Books of Enoch, Jasher, Jubilees, Macabees 1 and 2 and Tobit were all originally canon and were found in the KJV 1611 which was based on the Textus Receptus and a few older bibles but eventually removed, probably over the arguments of them being inspired by God. Enoch and Jasher both appear inspired to me. Enoch prophesies about the Mochiach (Messiah).

Jasher goes into more details about occurances in the book of Genesis, like the reasons Sodom, Gomorrah and the other 2 canaanite cities were destroyed. Abraham watched them be destroyed from his dwelling on the plains of Mamre which could help archaeologists triangulate where the sites are. The tower of Bab'El sank into the ground somewhere on the plains of Shinar and only the top was left visible (that Alexander the Great allegedly found), but it was close enough to be seen from Nineveh (modern day Mosul) and reachable within 3 days of walking.

Jesus quoted from the book of Tobit himself.

Reactions: Ripheus27
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Books of Enoch, Jasher, Jubilees, Macabees 1 and 2 and Tobit were all originally canon and were found in the KJV 1611 which was based on the Textus Receptus and a few older bibles but eventually removed, probably over the arguments of them being inspired by God. Enoch and Jasher both appear inspired to me. Enoch prophesies about the Mochiach (Messiah).

Jasher goes into more details about occurances in the book of Genesis, like the reasons Sodom, Gomorrah and the other 2 canaanite cities were destroyed. Abraham watched them be destroyed from his dwelling on the plains of Mamre which could help archaeologists triangulate where the sites are. The tower of Bab'El sank into the ground somewhere on the plains of Shinar and only the top was left visible (that Alexander the Great allegedly found), but it was close enough to be seen from Nineveh (modern day Mosul) and reachable within 3 days of walking.

Jesus quoted from the book of Tobit himself.
Enoch and Jubilees weren't in the KJV 1611, though.
Jubilees is the "book of Jewish fables" to pay no heed to, and Enoch is flat out sacred revelation and was always there but banned by Rome.
Jubilees does NOT correlate with Torah.
The Book of the Upright/Jasher is true history and does not contradict anything in Torah or the prophets, but gives the information missing in Torah but alluded to in Torah. It was a companion history to Torah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
• James Bruce is the person who found the Ethiopian copies of Enoch and brought them back to England in 1774 A.D. :

James Bruce - Wikipedia

440px-JamesBruce.jpg

• Robert Henry Charles is one of the people who translated it from Ethiopian Ge'ez into English in 1893 A.D.:

Spiritual Advocates: Robert Henry Charles - Cosolargy International

Robert Henry Charles - Wikipedia

roberthenrycharles.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anthony16

Oct 18, 2018
Private
✟13,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Enoch and Jubilees weren't in the KJV 1611, though.
Jubilees is the "book of Jewish fables" to pay no heed to, and Enoch is flat out sacred revelation and was always there but banned by Rome.
Jubilees does NOT correlate with Torah.
I have not read Jubilees yet but what in it goes against the Torah?

Upvote 0

Anthony16

Oct 18, 2018
Private
✟13,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I personally only think that the first 36 chapters of Enoch called the book of the watchers has a chance of being inspired because of how much the New Testament alludes to it and Jude even quotes it. The book of parables is definitely written after Christ and it really gets strange in that last chapter where it implies that Enoch is the Son of Man which is blasphemous. The last three books don’t seem to be inspired and have little value.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anthony16

Oct 18, 2018
Private
✟13,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The book of the watchers and the Bible

Enoch 7:6
“Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.”
2 Thessalonians 2:8
“Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessnessfn is revealed, the son of destruction”
I believe somewhere in Enoch it calls azazel the lawless one?

Enoch 10:4
“And again the Lord said to Raphael: 'Bind Azâzêl hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening in the desert, which is in Dûdâêl, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may not see light. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire.”
Tobit 8:3
“The which smell when the evil spirit had smelled, he fled into the utmost parts of Egypt, and the angel bound him.”
2 Peter 2:4
“For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;”
Revelation 20:10
“And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”

Enoch 10:8
“Azâzêl: to him ascribe all sin.”
Leviticus 16:8-10
“8 And Aaron shall cast lots over the two goats, one lot for the LORD and the other lot for Azazel
9 And Aaron shall present the goat on which the lot fell for the LORD and use it as a sin offering,
10 but the goat on which the lot fell for Azazel shall be presented alive before the LORD to make atonement over it, that it may be sent away into the wilderness to Azazel.”

Enoch 15:4-7
“And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten (children) with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those ⌈also⌉ do who die and perish. Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth. But you were ⌈formerly⌉ spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling. And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling.”
Matthew 22:29-30
“Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.”

Jude verse 13 seems to have gotten this idea of wandering stars from Enoch chapters 19 and 21.

Enoch chapter 20 list the seven angels of God which Tobit 12:15 also speaks on as well as Revelation 1:4, 3:1, 4:5, and 5:6.

Enoch chapter 22 is very similar to Luke 16:19-31.

There’s more as well but this is what I have posted for now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anthony16

Oct 18, 2018
Private
✟13,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right now I believe the original book of Enoch that Jude and Pseudo-Barnabas used looked something like this

Book of the watchers
The Astronomical book
The Dream Visions
The Epistle of Enoch which includes out of the five parts
Exhortation
Apocalypse of weeks
Epistle

The parts I believe are later additions are
The book of parables
the parts of the Epistle called conclusion and the Birth of Noah.

The book of parables was not found in the Dead Sea Scrolls and does not fit with the other parts and actually contradicts the other parts of Enoch and the Bible. The part of the Epistle of Enoch called conclusion was also not found at the Qumran caves. The Birth of Noah was found in the Dead Sea Scrolls but as a appendix to the book of Enoch most likely the Jewish sect there put it in as good information rather then part of the text for it was divided off from the end of the Enoch.

Book of Enoch - Wikipedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony16

Oct 18, 2018
Private
✟13,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is some more interesting parallels

Revelation 6:9-10 KJV
“And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?”
1 Enoch 22:5-7 R.H. Charles
“I saw the spirits of the children of men who were dead, and their voice went forth to heaven and made suit. Then I asked Raphael the angel who was with me, and I said unto him: 'This spirit--whose is it whose voice goeth forth and maketh suit? And he answered me saying: 'This is the spirit which went forth from Abel, whom his brother Cain slew, and he makes his suit against him till his seed is destroyed from the face of the earth, and his seed is annihilated from amongst the seed of men.”

Also the only mention of a watcher in the 66 book Bible is in Daniel 4:13,17,23.
Daniel 4:13 KJV
“I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven;”
4:17
“This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.”
4:23
“And whereas the king saw a watcher and an holy one coming down from heaven, and saying, Hew the tree down, and destroy it; yet leave the stump of the roots thereof in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let his portion be with the beasts of the field, till seven times pass over him;”

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why isn't the book of Enoch in the canon? It's referenced in the bible numerous times.
"Enoch" is chockablock with utter falsehoods. Such bits of it as are true are quoted in canonical Scripture.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the main reason people reject is that they can't handle the content.
Yrp. And seeing that largish chunks of its content are glaringly untrue, there's no particular reason to make any effort to "handle" them.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We can say truthfully that the book of Enoch is not as old as you think.

In fact, it can be only traced back as far as 300-200 BCE.

That would some 3500 Hebrew years beyond when Enoch was taken up.

God Bless

Till all are one.
Yep. Add to that the fact that it's largely hogwash, and you have a book about as valuable to Christians as the phony "Gospel of Judas".

• Agree
Reactions: DeaconDean
Upvote 0