✟19,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to Christian Forums, and this is my first time in TAW area of the forums. Blessings to all my Orthodox brothers and sisters in Christ.

I would like to hear what you all think the differences are between the Orthodox and the Catholic views on the Atonement, why Christ died for our sins and how He actually saves us. I have read the Atonement theories like Christus Victor, Substitutionary Atonement, Penal Substitution, etc. etc.

I'd like to hear your views on the Atonement and how it informs your faith walk with Christ. Again, blessings to you all.
Gurney
Brother, why do you ask us about this lofty subject? Who is the theologian amongst us? If you know who he is, why not ask him privately? I myself do not know the answer, but I would at the least direct your attention to the Fathers.

St. Athanasius the Great wrote On the Incarnation. Read him.
St. Gregory the Theologian
St. Gregory Palamas
St. John Chrysostom
.... The list goes on and on.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do realize this post was 8 years ago and I’ve since converted, right?

Brother, why do you ask us about this lofty subject? Who is the theologian amongst us? If you know who he is, why not ask him privately? I myself do not know the answer, but I would at the least direct your attention to the Fathers.

St. Athanasius the Great wrote On the Incarnation. Read him.
St. Gregory the Theologian
St. Gregory Palamas
St. John Chrysostom
.... The list goes on and on.

Upvote 0