✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
LOL... a 'mind-reader'
I think what he's implying, is that you only accept evidence if it supports your beliefs, and reject all evidence which contradicts your beliefs.

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think what he's implying, is that you only accept evidence if it supports your beliefs, and reject all evidence which contradicts your beliefs.

Au contraire

It is the statements that not supported by evidence that are unbelievable

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Ich habe es im 2008 gescrieben

Zeigen Sie mir nun, worin sehen Sie grammatic Störungen
Die Fehler sind in der Lesung

Cynicism seems to become you

Completely unnecessary and false commas. Wrong verb form. (Potential wrong word order.) Unnecessary hyphens. Missing comma. False capitalization. No punctation at the end of the sentence.

Correct it would have to read (if I got the meaning right)
"If it is at all important to you that you arrive at the BEST DESTINATION, prayerfully make a good decision at each and every crossroad!"

But as your German seems to be as bad as your English, I guess neither is your native language?

Without any cynism: We are not perfect - everyone of us makes mistakes. But to draw attention to your deficits by adding it to all of your posts, on a medium where corrections and help are readily available... that is not a sign of a great mind.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
You missed the 'h' I dropped in 'geschrieben' too

N'ja, weiter hat kein' zweck Shuss! :wave
Oh, I didn't even try to correct your faulty German.

I just wonder: obviously you are - marginally - able to speak and write in German, as well as in English. That is laudable, especially if we assume that both are foreign languages for you.

So why do you keep insisting on demonstrating that you are bad at it?

Upvote 0

newhopeinHim

Nov 2, 2015
✟858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear Fellow Posters,

I feel Christ could have come back from the dead. I know we don't know this, but we weren't there, we don't know what the people saw 2000 years ago in Palestine. I definitely hope it did happen and Christ has our back in the after life.

Some evidence for a creator is atheists like Richard Dawkins admit we can't rule Him, Her or It out. I feel if you consider the kind of odds that would have to play out from the big bang to present time to make DNA just by natural processes is really too hard for it to happen like that. There is probably a creator and we are not made to know if there is a Heaven or a Hell, but I definitely hope there is justice in the end for all humans.

So what are your thoughts on this?

You have to accept Him as Savior and Lord.... ask Him to forgive your sins. This is the first place to start in knowing Jesus:)

Reactions: SamuelTP1977
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

newhopeinHim

Nov 2, 2015
✟858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christianity is the one religion atheists aim at. It is what other religions aim at. It is the history of the society you live in. Christ changed the world.

But nice job trying to downplay it to your ordinary, day to day life. You came here to be against Christianity, I don't labor under any delusion that all of you came here out of some interest in Christianity.
AMEN Crowns!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

newhopeinHim

Nov 2, 2015
✟858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you don't come here to learn anything
Here you go:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...201401/more-knowledge-less-belief-in-religion

"To summarise briefly, a recent review of 63 studies showed that there is a moderate negative relationship between intelligence and religiosity (Zuckerman, Silberman, & Hall, 2013). The review found that religious beliefs, such as belief in God, are somewhat more strongly related to lower intelligence than religious behavior, such as church attendance. The authors estimated that the average difference in IQ points between believers and nonbelievers ranged from 6.2 for non-college samples to 7.8 for college samples. This difference is roughly half a standard deviation in size, so this represents a reasonably substantial effect rather than something trivial."
awww.... that's funny, try again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

newhopeinHim

Nov 2, 2015
✟858.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How could a human being be alive after all this time?

Wishful thinking, then.

The undefined, unfalsifiable, and untestable is hard to rule out completely. Can you rule out the fairies in the garden that make the plants grow?

What are those odds?

What do you mean by justice? From what I gather, anything goes, as long as you believe.

Atheism is not a truth statement. It is only "I am not convinced of your religious opinion."

What are these "good reasons" that you allude to?

Upvote 0