Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nahum 1:1-14 An oracle of the Lord against His enemies. The Lord is a jealous and avenging God. He directs His wrath against those who refuse Him.
The Lord is slow to anger and of great power. He will not let the guilty go unpunished.
He causes droughts and earthquakes. Who can stand before His anger and wrath poured out like fire, rocks shatter before Him

The Lord is a refuge in times of trouble – He cares for those who trust Him
Why do you conspire against the Lord? He will make an end of you.

From you, Assyria, one has come forth, a wicked counsellor – plotting evil against the Lord.
Assyria; this is what the Lord has ordained for you. I will destroy you and your idols. Your grave is ready, for you are of no account. Isaiah 31:8-9

Nahum 1:12-15 The Lord says; Judah, though your punishment has been great, yet it will pass away and be gone. Your enemies are many, but they will be gone and the yoke laid on you will be lifted.
Look; here is the one who brings good news, who proclaims peace. Keep your festivals, Judah and fulfil your vows. No more will your enemies invade you, they are totally destroyed.

Nahum 2:1 The Lord will restore the pride of Israel, [all 12 tribes, plus those grafted in] though enemies have ravaged them.
Reference: REB, NIV. Some verses abridged.

Nahum chapters 2 & 3 describes the enemies of the Lord, portrayed by Assyria, as it was destroyed in ancient times, but also what will happen in the future to those who reject the Lord and persecute His people.

Nahum: His name means “comfort, consolation”. He lived about 660 to 610BC, after the Assyrian conquest of the Northern tribes of Israel, but before the Babylonian conquest of Judah in 585BC. Capernaum literally means ‘the village of Nahum”.

Nahum shows God to be slow to anger, but One who will not clear the guilty and will bring His vengeance and retribution to pass. Nineveh was conquered by the Medes and Persians in 612BC as predicted so graphically by Nahum- squadrons of horses charging madly... troops dressed in scarlet...the palace topples down...slave girls moaning like doves....myriads of slain, heaps of corpses...all who hear of your fate clap hands, etc.

But, chapter one, particularly, must be future prophecy as well, as Paul quotes Nahum 1:15 in Romans 10:15. Nahum 1:11 tells about a ‘wicked counsellor’ who comes from Assyria. This must refer to the Anti Christ, still to come.

Then in Nahum 1:12-13 specifically says that Judah is being punished, but after that, their enemies will be no more. Today, the persecution of the Jews still continues – pogroms, the Holocaust, anti Semitism, etc. Therefore, this prophecy is yet to be completed. The final Judgement of Judah will happen at the same time as their enemies. Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 29:1-4

Reactions: anetazo

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But, chapter one, particularly, must be future prophecy as well, as Paul quotes Nahum 1:15 in Romans 10:15. Nahum 1:11 tells about a ‘wicked counsellor’ who comes from Assyria. This must refer to the Anti Christ, still to come.
No, it is talking about some leader of Iraq or Iran who will be involved as part of the Gog/Magog attack on Israel.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No, it is talking about some leader of Iraq or Iran who will be involved as part of the Gog/Magog attack on Israel.
As the G/M attack is not Psalms 83, which is the Sixth Seal event and will be the reason the world establishes a One World Govt, your theory is wrong.
Anyway; why would a minor leader involved in the G/M attack, be mentioned by Nahum, in Bible prophecy?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As the G/M attack is not Psalms 83, which is the Sixth Seal event and will be the reason the world establishes a One World Govt, your theory is wrong.
Anyway; why would a minor leader involved in the G/M attack, be mentioned by Nahum, in Bible prophecy?
I don't think the person will be minor, but not on the same level as the person who becomes the Antichrist.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the person will be minor, but not on the same level as the person who becomes the Antichrist.
C'mon Douggg, Gog from Magog is not the Anti-Christ.
Your confusion and errors about the end time events is becoming legendary!

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
C'mon Douggg, Gog from Magog is not the Anti-Christ.
Your confusion and errors about the end time events is becoming legendary!
I am not saying that Gog is the Antichrist. I am saying that the Assyrian probably is the lead Muslim instigator of the Muslim nations when the Muslim nations accompanied by Russia attack Israel.

The person who becomes the Antichrist will participate by staging the EU army in Greece as a show of force in hopes of deterring the attack. Just like the U.S. has sent an aircraft carrier to support Israel.

After Gog/Magog, the Jews will think that person is their messiah, and he will be anointed the King of Israel becoming the Antichrist.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am not saying that Gog is the Antichrist. I am saying that the Assyrian probably is the lead Muslim instigator of the Muslim nations when the Muslim nations accompanied by Russia attack Israel.

The person who becomes the Antichrist will participate by staging the EU army in Greece as a show of force in hopes of deterring the attack. Just like the U.S. has sent an aircraft carrier to support Israel.

After Gog/Magog, the Jews will think that person is their messiah, and he will be anointed the King of Israel becoming the Antichrist.
Your personal guesswork and biased opinion.
After the Lords Day of fiery wrath, Islam will be discredited, the Jewish State of Israel will be gone, the EU will not be a viable entity, as it practically isn't now, no-one will deter Gog's advance into the holy Land and nowhere is there any mention of a future king of Israel.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
and nowhere is there any mention of a future king of Israel.
Jews will not acknowledge Jesus as the King of Israel ?

Matthew 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Before being rejected by the Jews, stirred up by the religious leaders of Scribes and Pharisees, Jesus rode into Jerusalem...

John 12:12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

There is another coming who the Jews will embrace as their King of Israel messiah - the Antichrist.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The House of Judah has had their chance, they Blessed their King Jesus when He was with them. Then they killed Him.
Now; it will be we Christian peoples, who will shout out the greeting to Jesus as He Returns.
There is another coming who the Jews will embrace as their King of Israel messiah - the Antichrist.
The Anti-Christ 'beast', will demand worship of him from all the worlds people. Revelation 13:8
The Jewish State of Israel will be gone at the next Prophesied event; the Lords Day of vengeance and wrath. Jeremiah 12:14

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The House of Judah has had their chance, they Blessed their King Jesus when He was with them. Then they killed Him.
Now; it will be we Christian peoples, who will shout out the greeting to Jesus as He Returns.
No, Matthew 23:39 is talking about the Jews.

The Anti-Christ 'beast', will demand worship of him from all the worlds people. Revelation 13:8
The Jewish State of Israel will be gone at the next Prophesied event; the Lords Day of vengeance and wrath. Jeremiah 12:14
The person will no longer be the Antichrist, when the false prophet demands worship of him and his image. Being the Antichrist is only for the time he is the King of Israel, believed-to-be messiah by the Jews.

It will be the false prophet who demands everyone worship the beast-king Revelation 13:12 and the image made of him Revelation 13:15

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No, Matthew 23:39 is talking about the Jews.
The Jews will not be there when Jesus Returns. Many Prophesies tell of their virtual demise. Isaiah 22:14
The person will no longer be the Antichrist, when the false prophet demands worship of him and his image. Being the Antichrist is only for the time he is the King of Israel, believed-to-be messiah by the Jews.
Pure guesswork and biased opinion.
Your determination to redeem the Jews is sadly misplaced, as God has planned His retribution for their 2000 years of rejection of Jesus. They will be gone; Jeremiah 12:14 ......Judah too; I will uproot......

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Pure guesswork and biased opinion.
Your determination to redeem the Jews is sadly misplaced, as God has planned His retribution for their 2000 years of rejection of Jesus. They will be gone; Jeremiah 12:14 ......Judah too; I will uproot......
Your rationale does not make sense. The Jews went into exile for rejecting Jesus. If God intended to destroy them as a people, then why did they come back to the land of Israel, and become a nation again. Only to be destroyed by God ? No, that is not the plan. The plan is for them to turn to Jesus and be saved.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,035.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Your rationale does not make sense. The Jews went into exile for rejecting Jesus. If God intended to destroy them as a people, then why did they come back to the land of Israel, and become a nation again. Only to be destroyed by God ? No, that is not the plan. The plan is for them to turn to Jesus and be saved.
Of course my rationale does not make sense to you. People who choose to believe false theories, will become locked into them and only by clearing the mind of all of mans teachings, can lead to the understanding the Prophetic Word.

Why don't you support your opinions with scripture?
I can support the virtual demise of the Jews with many Prophesies. Their present situation is by the power of Satan, not God.

Jeremiah chapter 13:1-10 Jeremiah is instructed to buy a loincloth. He is then told to hide it near a river. After a long time, he retrieved it, but it was rotted and useless:
Jeremiah 13:11-27 Thus, I shall ruin the enormous pride of Judah, these people with stubborn hearts, who worship other gods – they will become like that cloth, no good for anything. Hosea 8:14, Jeremiah 8:5-12

......I bound all Israel and all Judah to Me, so that they should become a source of renown and praise to Me, but they did not listen. Isaiah 31:6-7
....I shall make all who live in Jerusalem drunk..... I shall show no compassion nor refrain from destroying them. Obadiah 12-16

Pay heed, be not too proud to listen, for it is the Lord who speaks.
Give glory to God, before the light that you look for turns to darkness.

If in the depths you will not listen, then weep bitterly for the Lords people are carried off into captivity.
[Judah conquered by Babylon and again in AD70] Ezekiel 21:14
Say to the King and the Queen mother; take a humble seat, for your crowns have fallen. Ezekiel 21:25-27

The towns in the Negev are besieged, no one can relieve them. Judah has been swept clean away.
This is paralleled by Ezekiel 20:46-47, Isaiah 9:18-19, Jer 10:18

Look up and see! Those people who are coming from the North.
The Lord’s people, all true Christians, migrating to the Land. Isaiah 35:1-10, Isaiah 41:8-10, as seen by John in Revelation 7:9

Where is the flock that you were so proud of?
God’s people scattered among the nations.

What will you say when your leaders are missing? When you wonder why this has happened? It is because of your many sins. Isaiah 3:1-3
Can a Nubian change his skin? No more can you, [Judah] do good, so accustomed are you to doing evil. Isaiah 38-9

I will scatter you like chaff, before the desert wind. Jeremiah 33:14
This is your lot – I have decreed this for you, because you have forgotten Me and trusted in false gods. I will bare your shame for all to see. Isaiah 3:16-26
For your adulteries and shameful deeds – woe to you Jerusalem. How much longer will you be unclean? Nahum 1:12-15

This is a clear prophecy about the judgement of Judah in ancient times and again, soon to happen, proved by the unfulfilled prophesies here and throughout the Bible.
Then, the Lord’s faithful Christian people will enter the Land from the North. Isaiah 49:12 They will live there, in peace and security, to prepare for the Return of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Gog is Antichrist, Ezekiel 38:17 lays it out.
The bible doesn't warn repeatedly about a Russian dictator before Antichrist. The bible repeatedly warns about Antichrist, and used Euphemisms like "The Assyrian" and also the king of Babylon.

Now mind you those can just be Euphemisms, but, Daniel 11, does describe the rise of the vile man, coming from one of the 4 parts (and the Northern part at that) of the shattered empire represented by the he-goat in Daniel 8.

Most consistently, Antichrist always invades from the North.

Now some things to consider:

the vile man in Daniel 11 is not said to have been born in that splintered kingdom, he is not given the right of kingship, he takes it by flatteries. IE he's illegitimate. so he could be a foreigner who takes charge after the first 2 leaders suddenly die. So Antichrist could be "the Assyrian" and Gog, and the King of Babylon, without ethnically being from Assyria or Iraq or Turkey (Magog). He would get those titles from controlling those territories, being their ruler.

and of course yes, Daniel 9:27, how most people assume Antichrist is going to be European, but the people who actually burned the temple were Syrian auxillaries AGAINST the orders of General Titus.
So, ethnically he could be European OR Middle Eastern.
The 2 leading schools are Western European Antichrist, and Mid-East Beast/Islamic Antichrist.

and both have some strengths to them, and weaknesses.

European fits Daniel 9:27 at face value, and an atheist is more likely to declare himself god and convince people to worship him, also more likely to be openly gay and fit not having the desire of women literally, and does not regard the God of his fathers.

HOWEVER, Daniel 8 and 11 describe where the little horn/vile man rises to power from, and it's not Europe, and he's called the Assyrian.

Middle Eastern fits other passages describing Antichrist as the Assyrian, and King of Babylon, Muslim Eschatology has very strong parallels (but from the opposite side) of Christian Eschatology (their Isa returns to Damascus not Jerusalem as Jesus does, and Muslims themselves identify the rider of the white horse in Revelation 6 as the Mahdi), Islam has at its core, hating Jews and an eschatology centered around killing Jews which lines up VERY well with Christian eschatology of nations like in Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 and 39 invading Israel... they're all Muslim nations.

HOWEVER.. a Muslim Mahdi declaring himself to be god would not be accepted by Muslims, it'd be the greatest blasphemy that could happen in Islam (but on the flip side, people groups associated with Jordan split from Antichrist in Daniel 11 and Egypt, Sudan, and Libya defy him and he has to go to war against them, after setting up the abomination of desolation, so it's possible that the Islamic world rejects him after he is identified as Antichrist but was with him before).

So here is a Mystery, pieces of a puzzle.

An invasion of Israel from the North, largely by currently Muslim nations and people groups.
Led by an illegitimate leader of the Northern kingdom splinter of an empire that is splintered like Alexander the Great's (but yes, that fulfillment is actually end times, it's not purely historical and I don't think primarily historical even)
Who is Atheist, and is rejected by the Islamic world when he declares himself to be God.
Who's people destroyed the 2nd Temple, which would point at European.

Could it be something more complex as Antichrist is both European, and lands himself leadership of a middle eastern country illegitimately and invades Israel with a confederacy of Islamic nations which some split from him after the abomination of desolation?
Could it both be a "Revived Roman Empire" AND a "Mid East Beast" simultaneously?

Something digs at me, like Mid East Beast proponents will point out that it is Islam that carries out executions by beheading, and they absolutely do.

But another place is very famous for its historical use of beheading for execution, and is in fact, the machine used to do it, is THE symbol for decapitation as capital punishment in our western thought.

It also strikes me, the name "Emmanuel" Is it just coincidence that that is a name prophesied for the Messiah in Isaiah 7, "God with us"?
at the same time, it strikes me, the name for the Islamic Jesus, Isa, who they claim will be identifiable by his red hair. Esau, was also redheaded, Edom, which is attributed to Esau, means "red"

European Antichrist, Islamic false prophet?
Is God pointing in 2 directions and saying "yes, that one?"

Might all just be coincidences.
But a western leader named Emmanuel from a country known for beheading people is supporting a group of people known for beheading people for religious reasons and trying to divide the land of Israel and promoting a ceasefire.

I dunno, if he's the one orchestrating the peace, I'd pay a lot of attention at least.

or could just be coincidence.

But I do think people need to stop deciding Gog is NOT antichrist based on an assumption, because Ezekiel 38:17's rhetorical question doesn't leave much room for it to be anyone else.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Gog is Antichrist, Ezekiel 38:17 lays it out.
The bible doesn't warn repeatedly about a Russian dictator before Antichrist. The bible repeatedly warns about Antichrist, and used Euphemisms like "The Assyrian" and also the king of Babylon.

Now mind you those can just be Euphemisms, but, Daniel 11, does describe the rise of the vile man, coming from one of the 4 parts (and the Northern part at that) of the shattered empire represented by the he-goat in Daniel 8.

Most consistently, Antichrist always invades from the North.

Now some things to consider:

the vile man in Daniel 11 is not said to have been born in that splintered kingdom, he is not given the right of kingship, he takes it by flatteries. IE he's illegitimate. so he could be a foreigner who takes charge after the first 2 leaders suddenly die. So Antichrist could be "the Assyrian" and Gog, and the King of Babylon, without ethnically being from Assyria or Iraq or Turkey (Magog). He would get those titles from controlling those territories, being their ruler.

and of course yes, Daniel 9:27, how most people assume Antichrist is going to be European, but the people who actually burned the temple were Syrian auxillaries AGAINST the orders of General Titus.
So, ethnically he could be European OR Middle Eastern.
The 2 leading schools are Western European Antichrist, and Mid-East Beast/Islamic Antichrist.

and both have some strengths to them, and weaknesses.

European fits Daniel 9:27 at face value, and an atheist is more likely to declare himself god and convince people to worship him, also more likely to be openly gay and fit not having the desire of women literally, and does not regard the God of his fathers.

HOWEVER, Daniel 8 and 11 describe where the little horn/vile man rises to power from, and it's not Europe, and he's called the Assyrian.

Middle Eastern fits other passages describing Antichrist as the Assyrian, and King of Babylon, Muslim Eschatology has very strong parallels (but from the opposite side) of Christian Eschatology (their Isa returns to Damascus not Jerusalem as Jesus does, and Muslims themselves identify the rider of the white horse in Revelation 6 as the Mahdi), Islam has at its core, hating Jews and an eschatology centered around killing Jews which lines up VERY well with Christian eschatology of nations like in Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 and 39 invading Israel... they're all Muslim nations.

HOWEVER.. a Muslim Mahdi declaring himself to be god would not be accepted by Muslims, it'd be the greatest blasphemy that could happen in Islam (but on the flip side, people groups associated with Jordan split from Antichrist in Daniel 11 and Egypt, Sudan, and Libya defy him and he has to go to war against them, after setting up the abomination of desolation, so it's possible that the Islamic world rejects him after he is identified as Antichrist but was with him before).

So here is a Mystery, pieces of a puzzle.

An invasion of Israel from the North, largely by currently Muslim nations and people groups.
Led by an illegitimate leader of the Northern kingdom splinter of an empire that is splintered like Alexander the Great's (but yes, that fulfillment is actually end times, it's not purely historical and I don't think primarily historical even)
Who is Atheist, and is rejected by the Islamic world when he declares himself to be God.
Who's people destroyed the 2nd Temple, which would point at European.

Could it be something more complex as Antichrist is both European, and lands himself leadership of a middle eastern country illegitimately and invades Israel with a confederacy of Islamic nations which some split from him after the abomination of desolation?
Could it both be a "Revived Roman Empire" AND a "Mid East Beast" simultaneously?

Something digs at me, like Mid East Beast proponents will point out that it is Islam that carries out executions by beheading, and they absolutely do.

But another place is very famous for its historical use of beheading for execution, and is in fact, the machine used to do it, is THE symbol for decapitation as capital punishment in our western thought.

It also strikes me, the name "Emmanuel" Is it just coincidence that that is a name prophesied for the Messiah in Isaiah 7, "God with us"?
at the same time, it strikes me, the name for the Islamic Jesus, Isa, who they claim will be identifiable by his red hair. Esau, was also redheaded, Edom, which is attributed to Esau, means "red"

European Antichrist, Islamic false prophet?
Is God pointing in 2 directions and saying "yes, that one?"

Might all just be coincidences.
But a western leader named Emmanuel from a country known for beheading people is supporting a group of people known for beheading people for religious reasons and trying to divide the land of Israel and promoting a ceasefire.

I dunno, if he's the one orchestrating the peace, I'd pay a lot of attention at least.

or could just be coincidence.

But I do think people need to stop deciding Gog is NOT antichrist based on an assumption, because Ezekiel 38:17's rhetorical question doesn't leave much room for it to be anyone else.
To become the Antichrist, the person must be a Jew and anointed the King of Israel, perceived messiah by the Jews.

The reason that them in 1John2:18 had already heard that Antichrist shall come is because of what Jesus said in John 5:43.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Also likely because John and the other apostles had been preaching about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
To become the Antichrist, the person must be a Jew and anointed the King of Israel, perceived messiah by the Jews.

The reason that them in 1John2:18 had already heard that Antichrist shall come is because of what Jesus said in John 5:43.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Also likely because John and the other apostles had been preaching about it.

Using a single verse out of context to "disprove" repeated narratives throughout the bible over and over about it being a gentile king from the North is bad hermeneutics.

and before you say "oh the gentile king is just Gog, not the same person as Antichrist, and the vile man in Daniel 8 and 11 was just Antiochus Epiphanes, not Antichrist"

uh, Micah 5 has Jesus coming against him with 7 Shepherds, Daniel 8 broken but not by hands, and Daniel 11 dying on Mount Zion (and Antiochus Epiphanes died in Persia), and Isaiah 14 identifies him as both the Assyrian AND the King of Babylon AND Lucifer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Using a single verse out of context to "disprove" repeated narratives throughout the bible over and over about it being a gentile king from the North is bad hermeneutics.

and before you say "oh the gentile king is just Gog, not the same person as Antichrist, and the vile man in Daniel 8 and 11 was just Antiochus Epiphanes, not Antichrist"

uh, Micah 5 has Jesus coming against him with 7 Shepherds, Daniel 8 broken but not by hands, and Daniel 11 dying on Mount Zion (and Antiochus Epiphanes died in Persia), and Isaiah 14 identifies him as both the Assyrian AND the King of Babylon AND Lucifer.
Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Matthew 27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

"Anti" instead of and/or against.

John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

--------------------------------------------------

The Jews consider Jesus a failed messiah. They are looking for another. They believe that the messiah will have a part in rebuilding the temple.

A temple must be in place that the daily animal sacrifice of the two lambs may be performed. That daily sacrifice will be stopped in the middle of the seven years.

The messiah is to be anointed the King of Israel. One of the duties that Moses laid on all future leaders of Israel in Deuteronomy 31:9-13 is that on a 7 year cycle they have the law of Moses read to the nation of Israel. In essence the confirming of the Mt. Sinai covenant.

The Antichrist as soon as he is anointed the King of Israel will have the law read from the temple mount to the nation of Israel. That is what will start the 7 years of Daniel 9:27.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Nahum 1:1-14 An oracle of the Lord against His enemies. The Lord is a jealous and avenging God. He directs His wrath against those who refuse Him.
The Lord is slow to anger and of great power. He will not let the guilty go unpunished.
He causes droughts and earthquakes. Who can stand before His anger and wrath poured out like fire, rocks shatter before Him

From you, Assyria, one has come forth, a wicked counsellor – plotting evil against the Lord.
Assyria; this is what the Lord has ordained for you. I will destroy you and your idols. Your grave is ready, for you are of no account. Isaiah 31:8-9

Nahum 1:12-15 The Lord says; Judah, though your punishment has been great, yet it will pass away and be gone. Your enemies are many, but they will be gone and the yoke laid on you will be lifted.
Look; here is the one who brings good news, who proclaims peace. Keep your festivals, Judah and fulfil your vows. No more will your enemies invade you, they are totally destroyed.

Nahum 2:1 The Lord will restore the pride of Israel, [all 12 tribes, plus those grafted in] though enemies have ravaged them.

Nahum chapters 2 & 3 describes the enemies of the Lord, portrayed by Assyria, as it was destroyed in ancient times, but also what will happen in the future to those who reject the Lord and persecute His people.

Nahum: His name means “comfort, consolation”. He lived about 660 to 610BC, after the Assyrian conquest of the Northern tribes of Israel, but before the Babylonian conquest of Judah in 585BC. Capernaum literally means ‘the village of Nahum”.

Nahum shows God to be slow to anger, but One who will not clear the guilty and will bring His vengeance and retribution to pass. Nineveh was conquered by the Medes and Persians in 612BC as predicted so graphically by Nahum- squadrons of horses charging madly... troops dressed in scarlet...the palace topples down...slave girls moaning like doves....myriads of slain, heaps of corpses...all who hear of your fate clap hands, etc.

Then in Nahum 1:12-13 specifically says that Judah is being punished, but after that, their enemies will be no more. Today, the persecution of the Jews still continues – pogroms, the Holocaust, anti Semitism, etc. Therefore, this prophecy is yet to be completed. The final Judgement of Judah will happen at the same time as their enemies. Jeremiah 12:14, Isaiah 29:1-4
Well done. I can move on my friend..

Upvote 0

Dan2255

Nov 1, 2023
Toledo
✟11,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You say Antichrist I say false christ. You see there were Antichrists during Christ’s days here in earth and all throughout the years since Christ. An Antichrist is just someone against Christ. The Jews will never accept an Antichrist but they will accept a false Christ whom they look for today. Christ tells us the timing of this false Christ in Revelation. It is after the fourth trumpet where the days are shortened. It is during the fifth trumpet where the beast rises. This is when the false Christ will appear. Only after time is changed.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Matthew 27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

"Anti" instead of and/or against.

John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

--------------------------------------------------

The Jews consider Jesus a failed messiah. They are looking for another. They believe that the messiah will have a part in rebuilding the temple.

A temple must be in place that the daily animal sacrifice of the two lambs may be performed. That daily sacrifice will be stopped in the middle of the seven years.

The messiah is to be anointed the King of Israel. One of the duties that Moses laid on all future leaders of Israel in Deuteronomy 31:9-13 is that on a 7 year cycle they have the law of Moses read to the nation of Israel. In essence the confirming of the Mt. Sinai covenant.

The Antichrist as soon as he is anointed the King of Israel will have the law read from the temple mount to the nation of Israel. That is what will start the 7 years of Daniel 9:27.
Sure
but he's also going to invade from the North.

Take the whole counsel of God.

One of the hard truths of the bible is that it often uses seemingly contradictory statements. In fact this is one of the things Atheists use to "disprove" the bible.

It is easy to take passages that seemingly have a contradiction and assume that they must be different things, IE how can Jesus both be born in Bethlehem, AND be called out of Egypt? How can the Messiah be BOTH the Root of Jesse, AND the Son of David, Jesse's son?
Because of conflicting statements like these, Orthodox Jews actually have 2 coming Messiahs, Messiah ben Joseph, and Messiah ben David, because passages regarding Messiah seem to conflict, so they must be 2 different people.

We know that it is one Messiah, Jesus Christ, and He was born in Bethlehem and called out of Egypt.
Both passages were true, and referring to the same person.

So there are passages involving Antichrist that refer to him as multiple euphemisms, with sometimes seemingly contradictory details. IE how can he both be Assyrian, and King of Babylon? How can he be both of these, and also Lucifer? How can he be all 3 of these, and also be of the people who destroyed the 2nd temple?

Instead of creating multiple people the whole counsel of God suggests.. one, who is all simultaneously. How that actually works and plays out, is a Mystery.

Last edited:
Upvote 0