✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The American Dream...

There seems to be two distinct points of view on this that are very much completely incompatible and are even directly opposed to each other if you ask me...

We want freedom, liberty, and justice (or the same rules for everyone that everyone can live by and agree upon)...

Anyway, we want freedom, rights, rules, liberties, freedom, equality and justice, etc, for "all", or for everyone, etc, that all can agree upon, etc, but, "BUT", I 100% guarantee you that, that dream, is 100% totally and completely "incompatible", and is even "directly opposed to" everyone's dream for, (especially each and every single one of us equally) to "have it all", and that is the big, main problem here...

So, which is the true real American dream that we want to pursue and have and go after and/or achieve for all Americans or for everyone...?

Because it cannot be both. Some of us are going to have to "settle" maybe for just maybe "less than" "having it all"... Or, at the very most very least, were going to have to all change and drastically redefine or alter and/or change all of our's perspectives and/or points of view on what it truly is or actually means to be "having it all"... Or at the very least, we are going to have to be lowering our very high standards or or are all going to have to drastically alter or re-define or re-think our current definitions of, in, or on, what it really truly means to "have it all", or to be "having it all", at or in the very least... At the very least...

Our future will be greatly dependent on what we choose in this regard...

And I also know, that, if we continue to go by most people's current definitions of what it truly means to "have it all", then it will be the death or end of us all and "any dreams we may have", especially in the end, etc...

Anyway, food for thought...

Comments...?

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The American Dream...

There seems to be two distinct points of view on this that are very much completely incompatible and are even directly opposed to each other if you ask me...

We want freedom, liberty, and justice (or the same rules for everyone that everyone can live by and agree upon)...

Anyway, we want freedom, rights, rules, liberties, freedom, equality and justice, etc, for "all", or for everyone, etc, that all can agree upon, etc, but, "BUT", I 100% guarantee you that, that dream, is 100% totally and completely "incompatible", and is even "directly opposed to" everyone's dream for, (especially each and every single one of us equally) to "have it all", and that is the big, main problem here...

So, which is the true real American dream that we want to pursue and have and go after and/or achieve for all Americans or for everyone...?

Because it cannot be both. Some of us are going to have to "settle" maybe for just maybe "less than" "having it all"... Or, at the very most very least, were going to have to all change and drastically redefine or alter and/or change all of our's perspectives and/or points of view on what it truly is or actually means to be "having it all"... Or at the very least, we are going to have to be lowering our very high standards or or are all going to have to drastically alter or re-define or re-think our current definitions of, in, or on, what it really truly means to "have it all", or to be "having it all", at or in the very least... At the very least...

Our future will be greatly dependent on what we choose in this regard...

And I also know, that, if we continue to go by most people's current definitions of what it truly means to "have it all", then it will be the death or end of us all and "any dreams we may have", especially in the end, etc...

Anyway, food for thought...

Comments...?

God Bless!
It is this runaway shameless selfish greed, and selfish self-centered desire for "only us", or "just some very few of us", to "have it all" or "be having it all", in our current definitions of that, that will be the ultimate undoing of us all, in the end, etc...

We must "grow out of our infancy", and become "responsible stewards" of our planet, our environment, and each other and one another, or else...

Anyway, what is your current definition of "having it all", and does it need to change...?

That is the only "dream" that is at stake here, really, the only dream that is about to die, and must die, or else, etc...

And it is a very crude, cruel, infantile, and very, very, very much extremely selfish and very self-centered dream anyway, by our current definitions of it anyway...

We must grow out of it/that or beyond that, or else...

Grow out of our infancy or else...

It's not sustainable and never has been, also, anyway...

Not very realistic either, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Choose life.
What kind of life...? And are we willing to "settle"...?

"Settle" for much less maybe, than maybe our current very selfish and very self-centered needs might require...?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Matthew 19:16-25 New International Version (NIV)
The Rich and the Kingdom of God

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

What kind of life...?

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Matthew 19:16-25 New International Version (NIV)
The Rich and the Kingdom of God

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”
I was not asking for myself @yeshuaslavejeff...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can only address your question from a personal perspective. For me, that’s a God-centered lifestyle in pursuit of my purpose.

Monetarily speaking, that implies living within my means devoid of debt with the appropriate savings and assets I require.

It means wise planning and income strategies that address old age and the unexpected without being an encumbrance to others.

Through the principles of wise stewardship and financial education (of others) I can provide a legacy for future descendants. That is my aim.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I can only address your question from a personal perspective. For me, that’s a God-centered lifestyle in pursuit of my purpose.

Monetarily speaking, that implies living within my means devoid of debt with the appropriate savings and assets I require.

It means wise planning and income strategies that address old age and the unexpected without being an encumbrance to others.

Through the principles of wise stewardship and financial education (of others) I can provide a legacy for future descendants. That is my aim.
How does or can everyone have this equally...?

Or does it come at great cost of or to others for only you, or only some few like you to have it...

Is there enough to "go around" for everyone to have this equally, within the current system, the way it is, or what it is built upon, or the way it is designed to be, right now, etc...?

Or would it go broke...? or way, way to far in debt...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

And about the "wise stewardship" and the "financial education of others", many may think that others are where they are, or are in the (bad financially/personally) bad situation and circumstance they are in because they were "financially irresponsible or unwise", when most of the time, the real truth is, many of them just spent it all on others, until they got into the situation or circumstance they are in, or were left with nothing... or, because they were "not selfish" IOW's... which is called "financially irresponsible or unwise", but, is it...? And is it really...? And is it "Biblically"...?

I've been on the street and been homeless, and you'd be surprised just how willing many of those people to share what little they may have, with everyone or with all the others like them, or that are in the same circumstance or situation they are in... And that is or was, a lot of the times, how they got there in the first place, etc...

A lot of the time, being truly unselfish, and un-self-centered, doesn't pay for you in the end, cause that's not the way this world operates or is designed...

And the sad thing is, if many of these people do not ever learn to be a little bit selfish and self-centered, they will never ever get out of it ever either... Something I had to learn, and I hate it...

Food for thought anyway...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Mine. God gave it to me. It even has my name on it.

And God gave it to you...? How do you know that...? Did you tithe or anything, while you were poor maybe for while maybe to get it or before you got it...?

How do you know...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And God gave it to you...? How do you know that...? Did you tithe or anything, while you were poor maybe for while maybe to get it or before you got it...?

How do you know...?
He told me. Made me responsible for what I do with it.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I didn’t catch where there was a multiple choice question.

No, there isn't, it isn't, so, which did or do you choose...?

What is your definition of having it all, and do you think it might need to change at all maybe...?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, there isn't, it isn't, so, which did or do you choose...?

What is your definition of having it all, and do you think it might need to change at all maybe...?
Make up your mind. Is it multiple choice or not. If it’s not multiple choice, then you’re asking “which one?” makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Make up your mind. Is it multiple choice or not. If it’s not multiple choice, then you’re asking “which one?” makes no sense.
I meant there are only two choices, not three or four, etc... Sorry...

Either we accept that we redefine our definitions of "having it all" collectively as a whole or we don't, etc...

Then what should those definitions be...? and are they feasible or realistic, or doable for all etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0