• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Abuser's Daughter

newday

Jun 5, 2005
✟178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello Everyone,

I have never posted on this thread before but I already feel at home.

It took me two years but I wrote a book starting with my life as a child and growing up into my adult years.

The name of the book is called "The Abuser's Daughter." It will be published in February 2006.

The theme of the book is forgiveness and the awesome results of letting Christ into my heart.

Even though I had been in therapy before, this proved the most therapeutic method for me.
Just wanted to say hello, I've been there and that God is good!

Blessings to All,

Newday

uniquetadpole

I have no problems, just challenges!
Dec 18, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟10,597.00
Faith
Christian
newday said:
Hello Everyone,

I have never posted on this thread before but I already feel at home.

It took me two years but I wrote a book starting with my life as a child and growing up into my adult years.

The name of the book is called "The Abuser's Daughter." It will be published in February 2006.

The theme of the book is forgiveness and the awesome results of letting Christ into my heart.

Even though I had been in therapy before, this proved the most therapeutic method for me.
Just wanted to say hello, I've been there and that God is good!

Blessings to All,

Newday

I am glad you have found your way here...I hope you continue to enjoy yourself.

hugs,
Tad

Upvote 0

honeyj

Feb 19, 2006
✟112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello newday,

I know your story, and I know people who are like you. People who are overcoming things in their lives that may have scarred them from childhood. I know a man who was abused by his father when he was younger. He said that his father would beat him for no reason, just because. One time he beat him so that he nearly killed him. To this day, this man remains scarred from what happened to him then. You can hear the pain whenever he starts to talk about it. I just want to say to you that I am proud of you for having the courage to share your story with the world. Sharing your life experiences is how people are able to heal. I applaud you, and god bless.

Honey J:clap:

Upvote 0

newday

Jun 5, 2005
✟178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!!!
I had one family memeber approach me not too long ago and say:
Do you think it is right to publish this book, knowing that other family members may read it ands see themselves.
My comment was:
1. I changed the book and the characters where it could fit maybe in anyone's family.
2. I asked, why is it now my responsiblity to protect them? No one was there to protect me. No one apologized to me for the hell I went through because of my family members' actions.
His repy: I understand

It is my story and I have a right to heal and to tell it.
Writing just seems to be the gift that God has given me to heal and to help. If my life's experiences can help anyone else, then God gets all of the glory.
One of my mottos:
Beyond the pain, through forgiveness, there is freedom and joy.
May God Richly Bless You All
Newday

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
newday said:
THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!!!
I had one family memeber approach me not too long ago and say:
Do you think it is right to publish this book, knowing that other family members may read it ands see themselves.
My comment was:
1. I changed the book and the characters where it could fit maybe in anyone's family.
2. I asked, why is it now my responsiblity to protect them? No one was there to protect me. No one apologized to me for the hell I went through because of my family members' actions.
His repy: I understand

It is my story and I have a right to heal and to tell it.
Writing just seems to be the gift that God has given me to heal and to help. If my life's experiences can help anyone else, then God gets all of the glory.
One of my mottos:
Beyond the pain, through forgiveness, there is freedom and joy.
May God Richly Bless You All
Newday

Very good answers. I have had to give this same answer myself many a time, actually, whenever I speak of my past. Kudos to your strength in this...

Upvote 0

newday

Jun 5, 2005
✟178.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Since I have written there has been some conflicts and awesome things happening.
1. The book is one of the fastest selling local authors books in our area's biggest Christian bookstore.
(Praise God!)
2. I have had the opportunity of being on the radio and on television telling my story.
(Praise God!)
3. I have had the opportunity to talk with three family members who have been totally against me telling my story.
The first was my aunt who was involved with my father.
She is very upset because she is still trying to keep up an image. She said that she didn't want to be around me again.
The second was my aunt's daughter, who was abused by my father.(which my aunt knew about) She was victimized but she has never
had any couseling or has dealt with it at all.
The third person was my aunt's son, who grew up with me. He was supportive but concerned about his sister.
It was difficult to say the least but these are the things that I explianed to them.
1. The intent for writing the book was NEVER meant to hurt anyone in my family.
2. The story was about my life, not theirs.
3. There was an "elephant in the room with pink dots" and everyone was walking around it like they didn't know it was there. I told them NO LONGER. My desire for my life is to be healed and whole. No longer a victim but a victor.
4. The main point of the story is Christ Jesus and how having a true relationship with Him has helped me not
"go crazy" and it helped me heal from all of the shame, guilt and pain.
5. I also told them that if God can use my life after all of the junk that I've been through to help some one else then He is welcomed to use my life.
I really don't care if my aunt never talks to me again. She wants to point at me like all of everything that has or is happening now is MY fault.
I view her as much of an abuser's as my father.
My heart goes out to her daughter who is in so much pain. If I could do anything to get her out of it I would.
She is avoiding me as if I have a disease.
Oh yeah, none of these people have actually read the book, they have only heard about it from others who told them that it was hurtful and harmful and they should never read it!
I am being set free, healed in my spirit and healed in my soul and I cannot stop praising God for all that He has done!
Thank you all for being here when I need to talk to someone who truly can relate.
Because of the Cross,
Newday

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums