Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I just finished re-reading The Great Controversy a few days ago and to my surprise I found that Ellen White quoted extensively from Merle d'bigne in it. I ran across this book several years ago and read all volumes of it. It is probably the most thorough book ever written on the Reformation as it is six volumes in total and a little over 1400 pages long. She also quotes, less frequently, from J. A. Wylie who also wrote a book on the reformation.

In my book this pretty thoroughly refutes any claims of plagarism.

You can download all volumes of d'abigne's books from the Gutenberg Project for free.

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't let the "plagurist" accusations sway me one bit. What people today don't know is that people back in the day ALWAYS borrowed from the work of others without citation - it was not uncommon at all to do so and no one tried to cancel anyone for doing it.

The real question is this: In every field, every "wind of doctrine" was blowing. The medical world prescribed cigarettes for lung ailments, bloodletting was considered beneficial, etc. So, how was Ellen G. White able to consistently point to only those "winds" which blew in the right direction, while ignoring everything else that blew across the landscape, having only a 3rd grade education? The bigots aren't interested in answering that question - they're only interested in cancelling anyone who disagrees.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't let the "plagurist" accusations sway me one bit. What people today don't know is that people back in the day ALWAYS borrowed from the work of others without citation - it was not uncommon at all to do so and no one tried to cancel anyone for doing it.

The real question is this: In every field, every "wind of doctrine" was blowing. The medical world prescribed cigarettes for lung ailments, bloodletting was considered beneficial, etc. So, how was Ellen G. White able to consistently point to only those "winds" which blew in the right direction, while ignoring everything else that blew across the landscape, having only a 3rd grade education? The bigots aren't interested in answering that question - they're only interested in cancelling anyone who disagrees.
I really dont think that most people are even thinking about this with all the events unfolding right before our very eyes. The unbelieving are too stunned and the believers are almost incredulous at how true Ellen G. White has been on the signs of the end time.

• Winner
Reactions: Phoneman-777
Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really dont think that most people are even thinking about this with all the events unfolding right before our very eyes. The unbelieving are too stunned and the believers are almost incredulous at how true Ellen G. White has been on the signs of the end time.
NOBODY saw coming this globalist takeover of the world where giant corporations would get in bed with governments to accomplish it - NOBODY.

Yet, here we are watching unfold before us and wondering how in the world did she know it? (well, not us LOL)

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
NOBODY saw coming this globalist takeover of the world where giant corporations would get in bed with governments to accomplish it - NOBODY.

Yet, here we are watching unfold before us and wondering how in the world did she know it? (well, not us LOL)
Jesus predicted what has happened with the vaccines.

Mar 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

In our area the deer are dying of what is called blue tongue. We moved here 13 years ago and the number of crows and starlings were outrageous. If you drove past the city park you would disturb at least 50 crows every time. And the number of starlings you would disturb out on the country road she livedon was easily 70 or 80 picking gravel on the edge of the road. Now both species are severely reduced. You will see either species 1 or maybe 2 at a time. Flocks are nonexistent now.

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus predicted what has happened with the vaccines.

In our area the deer are dying of what is called blue tongue. We moved here 13 years ago and the number of crows and starlings were outrageous. If you drove past the city park you would disturb at least 50 crows every time. And the number of starlings you would disturb out on the country road she livedon was easily 70 or 80 picking gravel on the edge of the road. Now both species are severely reduced. You will see either species 1 or maybe 2 at a time. Flocks are nonexistent now.
I don't know if Jesus specifically predicted the plannedemic, but He did say things would definitely get out of hand LOL

Upvote 0

Tigger Boy

Jun 12, 2023
Chapin, SC
✟19,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The unbelieving are too stunned and the believers are almost incredulous at how true Ellen G. White has been on the signs of the end time.
reddogs. One can neither agree or disagree with your general statement above. Are you willing to share a couple signs which she claims point to the end times?

Upvote 0

Tigger Boy

Jun 12, 2023
Chapin, SC
✟19,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I just finished re-reading The Great Controversy a few days ago and to my surprise I found that Ellen White quoted extensively from Merle d'bigne in it. I ran across this book several years ago and read all volumes of it. It is probably the most thorough book ever written on the Reformation as it is six volumes in total and a little over 1400 pages long. She also quotes, less frequently, from J. A. Wylie who also wrote a book on the reformation.

In my book this pretty thoroughly refutes any claims of plagarism. [plagiarism]
Your first paragraph proves Mrs. White plagiarized, which was ethical in her day. In your following statement you state you don't believe she did.

How old are you Gary?

Upvote 0