Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It made me realize that as a Christian suffering is a way to peace on the other side of the cross.

A few years ago I made the terrible mistake of traveling without a book. I was going to Ottawa to visit my daughter. But before I went to her home, I hit the nearest bookstore.

At the time I was leaning Catholic — almost there but not quite there yet — so I went to the religion section hoping to find added inspiration.

Most of the books were of the New Age persuasion, written by self-appointed gurus and others. Then one title caught my eye: Death on a Friday Afternoon by the late Father Richard Neuhaus. The cover drew me in too: a stark image of Christ crucified by 17th-century painter Francisco Goya.

Father Neuhaus asks his readers to dwell on the “Seven Last Words From the Cross.” He notes this is perfect reading for Lent … and it truly is, though he explains that it can be read any time of the year because meditating on Christ on the cross is too important to be left only to Holy Week, to only one week of the year.

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
“Seven Last Words From the Cross.”
  1. "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." (Luke 23:46)
How much do we trust God and believe He is good when we live in a not-so-good world? We die, we die daily, but do we really trust God's plan and purpose for us?

Upvote 0