Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Going to ignore my post? Ok

if your '70th week' 'only lasts 7 years', why do you say that the 6th Seal is at the end of 7 years when it clearly says there are 5 months, and 1260 days (at least) after the 6th Seal? (5th Trumpet & the 2 witnesses 1260 days)

Also, you call the events at the 6th Seal & Trumpets 1-4 Armageddon? Armageddon is not mentioned until the 6th bowl of wrath Revelation 16:12-16. The correct answer is the destruction of Mystery Babylon (2nd Trumpets burning mountain = Babylon: see Jeremiah 51:25

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The 70 weeks are no longer 70 weeks, but 69.5 weeks ?

Daniel 9 the 70 weeks prophecy was given to Daniel around 600 BC. So you are telling me that 630 years later as Jesus was speaking in Matthew 24 to the disciples - that God changed his mind, to shorten the 70 weeks to 69.5 weeks? i.e the last week of 7 years, were shortened to 3.5 years.

The 7 year trib is now going to be 3.5 years or 42 months. That's what Jesus said and what we find in Rev 13.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The 7 year trib is now going to be 3.5 years or 42 months. That's what Jesus said and what we find in Rev 13.
Jesus did not say that the great tribulation was reduced from 7 years to 42 months.

For most of the first part of the 7 years, it will not be tribulation. The world will be thinking it is living in the messianic age of peace and safety. In 1Thessalonians5, the world will be saying peace and safety.

It is not until the middle of the 7 years (not mid-point) that the Antichrist, the perceived messiah, commits the act in 2Thessalonians2:4 - that shatters the illusion that he is the messiah, and the illusion of it being the messianic age.

The 42 months in Revelation 13 is not a shortened 7 years. It is the time the person rules the world as the beast - no longer the perceived Jewish messiah.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus did not say that the great tribulation was reduced from 7 years to 42 months.

He did say the trib would be shortened and we know it was originally 7 years...then when we read of the length of the trib in Rev it magically is 42 months so there you go. There is no such thing as a 7 year trib any more. I know you won't agree but it needs to be presented to those who are reading.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He did say the trib would be shortened and we know it was originally 7 years...then when we read of the length of the trib in Rev it magically is 42 months so there you go. There is no such thing as a 7 year trib any more. I know you won't agree but it needs to be presented to those who are reading.
There never was anything called the 7 year "tribulation" in the bible. There is the 7 year 70th week. Which has not been changed.

The 42 months in Revelation 13 is the same, essentially, time period as the time times half time of Daniel 7:25. It has always been there. It is not a shortened 7 years.

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Some people say the shortening of the days - refers to the length of the daylight hours which when the fourth vial judgment takes place and the sun scorches men. If the daylight hours were not shortened then all life on the planet will perish.

I don't know if that particular idea is correct or not. But the length of time is the same as it was in Daniel 9, the 7 year 70th week - which is not all tribulation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0