The 10 weeks of Enoch, inspired or not?

DO you believe the book of Enoch is inspired?

• Total voters

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Wrong, Enoch says he gave it to Methuselah who then entrusted it to Noah. Who cares if we don't know right now how they ended up in the hands of the Ethiopians. We know they did and that there were older copies found in Qumran in Aramaic.
Nah, I don't think so, any more than I believe the Ark of the Covenant is in a building in Ethiopia.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Nah, I don't think so, any more than I believe the Ark of the Covenant is in a building in Ethiopia.
We know the ark of the Covenant is not their because Revelation tells us that it came down from heaven. Anyways believe what you will, Aramaic copies have been found and many naysayers are pretending that they didn't see anything.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Amen! And note that God instructed Noah to gather all of the clean and unclean animals with explaining to him how to distinguish between them! This I internal evidence that Noah received prior instruction on animal's; and, that Noah built an altar is further evidence that He was taught about animal sacrifice prior to the flood. These lens further credit to the book of Enoch and should come to no surprise as Cain and Abel made a burnt offering and, that coil only happen if they were taught by Adam and Eve.
Sooooo many assumptions and not a wit of proof.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I forget "who" I think there is some scholarly consensus on the matter, but nothing concrete.
It's better to trust scripture then follow the wild goose chase false scholars send people on.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think God is responsible for men's "canon" lists?
Well, It's really kinda simple when you take the time to think about it.

We all agree the Bible was inspired by God, he had different people write what He wanted written, at different times throughout history, while under the influence of the Holy Spirit.

With that being understood, why then is it such a stretch to believe, that God again would insure His Inspired Word to mankind was preserved in such a fashion as He wanted it to be.

The 1st. Council of Nicaea was convened in 325 AD. but a decision on what books would be included in the Canon was not undertaken until 381 AD. that's 56 years later, they had a lot of time to consider which books would be looked at for inclusion, but far beyond that, God would again Inspire these men to include into the Canon, those Books that He (God) wanted included.

To say man is incompetent and could / should not be trusted with such a thing is understandable.

But at that point you are disallowing God to Have His Will followed, again through the Inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Remember, God used a Donkey, and would use even the rocks if need be, so what would make you believe He could not use a bunch of unruly humans to accomplish what He wanted accomplished.

God isn't going to leave such a monumental thing up to the whim of man.
It's Gods Word to us, His fingerprints are allover it.

I think it would be best understood, "It's by Faith"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

We all agree the Bible was inspired by God, he had different people write what He wanted written, at different times throughout history, while under the influence of the Holy Spirit.

With that being understood, why then is it such a stretch to believe, that God again would insure His Inspired Word to mankind was preserved in such a fashion as He wanted it to be.

The 1st. Council of Nicaea was convened in 325 AD. but a decision on what books would be included in the Canon was not undertaken until 381 AD. that's 56 years later, they had a lot of time to consider which books would be looked at for inclusion, but far beyond that, God would again Inspire these men to include into the Canon, those Books that He (God) wanted included.

To say man is incompetent and could / should not be trusted with such a thing is understandable.

But at that point you are disallowing God to Have His Will followed, again through the Inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Remember, God used a Donkey, and would use even the rocks if need be, so what would make you believe He could not use a bunch of unruly humans to accomplish what He wanted accomplished.

The problem with this logic is that before the new testament was written, Jesus and His apostles were quoting from old testament canon (which included Enoch, Jubilees, Jasher, and others) while living out the new testament we read today. The Jews already had a set canon of their own before new testament writings came into existence. Therefore the Council of Nicea did not keep the whole canon of Jewish scripture.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Speak for yourself as you have yet to put forth any evidence other than your own disbelief that 1 Enoch is not inspired.
OH!
You want Proof, well here's Proof.

The Book of Enoch was not included in the Canon of the Bible in 381 AD. and it still isn't in the Bible today, because it was not Inspired as the other 66 Books were.

That is the only Proof which matters.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟759,871.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Okay that's fine. Would you happen to have a link to the book of Enoch online so that I can actually go over it and study it? You've convinced me it's worth looking into further.

Actually I'm not since my claims have not been empty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
OH!
You want Proof, well here's Proof.

The Book of Enoch was not included in the Canon of the Bible in 381 AD. and it still isn't in the Bible today, because it was not Inspired as the other 66 Books were.

That is the only Proof which matters.
This is laughable as before our current canon existed it was not sixty six until these men agreed upon it to be so.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟759,871.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

This.

This is basically my main hangup. The bible is the inspired word of God. Therefore, it is complete, unchanging. Heaven and earth will pass away before God's word to this world passes away. You guys also have to realize that there is an insidious disinformation agenda in the works today that is foisted by the internet. The narrative of '"truth" is stranger than fiction' is an ever-perpetual mechanism of skepticism of what is already known fact. I rest in the fact that, if God wanted His word to be diced up and confusion to surround the legitimacy of certain texts, then He would be the author of confusion, which He is most certainly not.

1 Corinthians 14:33

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Okay that's fine. Would you happen to have a link to the book of Enoch online so that I can actually go over it and study it? You've convinced me it's worth looking into further.
Glad to provide that information to you:
The Book of Enoch Index

• Informative
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You mistake "God breathed" for "man taking the place of the Holy Spirit, and by consensus, making lists that change with the winds of politics in their churches".

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0