The 10 weeks of Enoch, inspired or not?

DO you believe the book of Enoch is inspired?

• Total voters

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Bible speaks on our instincts (thoughts) many times, Tutorman.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil."~Proverbs 3:5-7

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: " ~Jeremiah 17:9
I trust my instincts, thank you very much.
---------------------

Enoch is part of a scripture canon, can anyone guess which one?
I didn't write it.

God did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
brinny said:
The Bible speaks on our instincts (thoughts) many times, Tutorman.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil."~Proverbs 3:5-7

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: " ~Jeremiah 17:9
--------------------
Enoch is part of a scripture canon, can anyone guess which one?
Ummm, I give up..........

Reactions: LLoJ
Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Because of the reasons I gave, if God had wanted the Book of Enoch in the Canon it would have been there.......Period, it's Gods' Word not ours, He can do what He wants and when He wants.

It's not there because God did not want it there.

Christians have enough trouble with the Books which are in the Canon without dragging other obscure books into the mix.
Why is it that people like you become so proud and arrogant into thinking that they know which books God wanted and didn't want to be included? That's like these arrogant scientists and doctors who believe they know about parts of our body we need and don't need without knowing what they're talking about. If we didn't write the Bible we have no say as to what is "inspired" or what belongs in canon. When things reach that level only ignorance and suppression of the truth occur.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The 5th week event could perhaps be referring to Solomon's Temple? It was the first Temple and it stood until the Babylonians destroyed it and took the Jews into bondage. It seems David was forbidden to build it?
Please feel free to post your view/s of these weeks. Thanks,

7. And after that in the fifth week, at it’s close, The house of glory and dominion shall be built for ever.
I am not sure if this is referring to the destruction of Solomon's Temple or Herod's 2nd Temple.
For now, I am going with the Babylonian conquest of Jerusalem and the Temple.
Any one have a view on it?

8. And after that, in the sixth week, all who live in it shall be blinded,
And the hearts of all of them shall godlessly forsake wisdom.
And in it a man shall ascend;
and at it’s close the house of dominion shall be burnt with fire, And the race of the chosen root shall be dispersed.

Siege of Jerusalem (587 BC) - Wikipedia

In 589 BC, Nebuchadnezzar II laid siege to Jerusalem, culminating in the destruction of the city and its temple in the summer of 587 or 586 BC.............

After the fall of Jerusalem, the Babylonian general, Nebuzaraddan, was sent to complete its destruction. Jerusalem was plundered, and Solomon's Temple was destroyed.
Most of the elite were taken into captivity in Babylon.
The city was razed to the ground. Only a few people were permitted to remain to tend to the land.

The Jew Gedaliah was made governor of the remnant of Judah, the Yehud Province, with a Chaldean guard stationed at Mizpah.[7]
The Bible reports that, on hearing this news, Jews who had fled to Moab, Ammon, Edom, and in other countries returned to Judah.[8]

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Ethiopian Orthodox has the book of Enoch in their Bible :)
Thanks for that info.
I have also heard they claim to have the "Ark of the Covenant".

Ark of the Covenant - Wikipedia

The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church claims to possess the Ark of the Covenant, or Tabot, in Axum. The object is currently kept under guard in a treasury near the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion.

Chapel of the Ark of the Covenant – Axum, Ethiopia
The Chapel of the Tablet at the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion in Axum allegedly houses the original Ark of the Covenant.

ark-of-the-covenant-chapel-of-the-ethiopian-orthodox-church-at-aksum-BGDBM8.jpg

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Look who's being proud and arrogant, like you have it all figured out already and everyone else is wrong, without ever reading the posts in this thread.

Did you even take the time to read my post # 14, or, did you just jump in the a conversation with both feet, while not understanding my post which you are now speaking to, was a response to a response?

If and when you respond, please don't be so hostile.
Yes I read your other post before this one just like I read the posts of others in this thread. Post #14 still has the same tone of arrogance and pride but, with more words. You offer zero evidence for your speculative claims. And because you nor others have any evidence of God telling how books belong in His Canon all you can come up with is, "Well these group of guys at church got together and picked which books belong in the Bible so, we're just going along with them."

And since you are familiar with the existence of the deuterocanonical and apocryphal books it might be of interest to you and others that there are a small portion among them which state exactly how many books God wanted to be written:

4 Esdras (Greek for Ezra)
The Acts of Pilate

In the first book God directly tells the prophet Ezra to write out 94 Books: 24 of which will be for public reading whether one is wise or foolish. The remaining 70 are to be hidden and kept only for the wise. In the last book Pilate questions the Pharisees as to whether or not they truly expected Jesus to be the Messiah and die on the cross. The Pharisees explain to Pilate that written among their 70 Books is a prophecy given by God to Adam and Eve, and Seth that after 5,500 Years have passed from the time of Adam's creation God would send His Word to come in the flesh to save Adam and all of their righteous descendants. Interestingly enough the books which contain this prophecy are 1) 1 Adam and Eve 2) Life of Adam and Eve. This number can be confirmed with our scriptures when God gave Moses the dimensions of the Ark of the Covenant they are 2.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 whose sum is 5.5 cubits. Where was the Ark of the Covenant located? In the Holy of Holies. Who could enter into the Holy of Holies? Only the High Priest. What happened to the veil at the time of Jesus' death? It was torn in two from top to bottom signifying that Jesus has entered into it. Who does Paul say is our High Priest? Jesus. From where does John prophesy the Ark of the Covenant come from? It came down from heaven to earth. All of this evidence points to the authenticity of the four aforementioned books.
There's my evidence so where's yours?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for that info.
I have also heard they claim to have the "Ark of the Covenant".

Ark of the Covenant - Wikipedia

The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church claims to possess the Ark of the Covenant, or Tabot, in Axum. The object is currently kept under guard in a treasury near the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion.

Chapel of the Ark of the Covenant – Axum, Ethiopia
The Chapel of the Tablet at the Church of Our Lady Mary of Zion in Axum allegedly houses the original Ark of the Covenant.

ark-of-the-covenant-chapel-of-the-ethiopian-orthodox-church-at-aksum-BGDBM8.jpg
Don't let them fool you for scripture tells us that when John was given the prophecy of The Revelation of Jesus Christ: John was shown that the Ark of the Covenant came down from heaven to earth. This would explain why the Babylonians did not man off with it after destroying and looting Solomon's Temple.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Don't let them fool you for scripture tells us that when John was given the prophecy of The Revelation of Jesus Christ: John was shown that the Ark of the Covenant came down from heaven to earth. This would explain why the Babylonians did not man off with it after destroying and looting Solomon's Temple.
Another interesting note is that the second book of Maccabees tells us that Jeremiah the prophet was commanded by God to hide the Ark of the Covenant, the altar of incense, among other things inside Mt. Sinai where it's location will remain hidden until God comes to gather His people and receive them into His mercy. This is a picture of Jesus going from earth to heaven and back again when compared with the Ark of the Covenant being revealed in Revelation!

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If we look at each week in Enoch's prophecy as a period of 700 years we get:

10 Weeks × 700 Years = 7,000 Years

God's plan that after 7,000 Years have passed he will wipe out evil forever and destroy the old heavens and earth and replace them with a be heavens and a new earth!

7,000 Years - 5,500 Years = 1,500 Years

This signifies how much time will pass from the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ to the end of the age. And Christ did tell us that He would be with us always until the end of the age. Now both figured represent Jubilee years which make both divisible by 50. Any it he number mentioned divisible by 50? God told Noah that man would be given 120 Years to reopent before sending the flood:

120 Years × 50 Jubilees = 6,000 Years

Jesus also said that the end of the world would come like it did in the days of Noah. Jesus also tells us that no one except God knows the day not hour in which He will end all things. This is true as God gave mankind an extra week to repent before sending the flood. Isn't God great with His promises? Although 120 Years transpired exactly He still hoped the whole world would repent! And note that the Euphrates River will dry up during the time of the 6th Angel which is 6,000 Years! And during the time of the 7th Angel time will end according Revelation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You wrote it out of context. Those verses do not address instinct

I posted Bible verses.

All throughout God's Word there is admonishment to trust HIM.

Not ourselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
That is your interpretation, and that's all it is.
Scripture tells us that no scripture is given to private interpretation:

"We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."
- 1 Peter 1:19-21

Therefore anything that comes out of a man's mouth concerning scripture must be tested and discern carefully in order to find out if I is true or false. So please prove what you disagree with or prove that the Council of men are correct.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Nothing more than hypothetical mathematical equations.
Can't prove any of it.

Did I mention the Book of Enoch was not Inspired and should not be in the Bible of 66 Inspired Books, which it isn't.
Actually if you look at my posts #29-33 I do prove it. The very first mention of weeks is given in the creation week while the other invloves the feast of weeks. The weeks of special note are found in Daniel and, as the OP cited from Enoch. When speaking prophetically the weeks always refer to a period of either 7, 10, 100, or 1,000 Years respectively. When we analyze the context of Enoch's 10 Week prophecy and the events connected to them we see that they cannot make sense with a prophetic week lasting 7, 10, or 1,000 Years: only a prophetic week lasting 700 Years (100 Years × 7 Days = 700 Years × 10 Weeks = 7,000 Years) makes sense. Ever wonder why people always give an estimate of ~2,000 Years having passed since the crucifixion of Christ? Although there approximations are off it is rooted in some truth. And have you ever wondered how creationists are able to tell you that the earth is ~6,000 Years old? It's not by studying rocks, plants, or animals: it's about studying Bible prophecy.

Time + Place do not determine History (i.e. Narrative): History determines Time + Place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If not worthy of being canonized, the Book of Enoch is synchronized with the bible, as it's timeline and content line up with the canon, and is biblically endorsed due to it being quoted in the bible.

I have read it a few times and find it very powerful and beneficial when held to the bible and it's accounts.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If not worthy of being canonized, the Book of Enoch is synchronized with the bible, as it's timeline and content line up with the canon, and is biblically endorsed due to it being quoted in the bible.

I have read it a few times and find it very powerful and beneficial when held to the bible and it's accounts.
I think it's important that we allow the Spirit of Truth to guide us into all truth. This is important with determining canon. For the reasons you stated we should be lining up the content found in these ancient writings with what we already have in our Bible: which has already been proven to be true and withstood the most brutal attacks from it's enemies.

Upvote 0