The ‘Jesus’ revered by Muslims is not the same Jesus worshipped by Christians as God

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
1,400 years ago, Muhammad hijacked Jesus from the Gospels, demoted him to prophet, and placed him in the Koran. Christianity was Islam’s main competition at the time, and Muhammad seems to have reasoned that it was better to co-opt Jesus than to denounce him.

The ‘Jesus’ revered by Muslims is not the same Jesus worshipped by Christians as God

The Jesus revered by Muslims is the Jesus of the apocryphal gospels. I read them before I read the Quran. Spoiler alert.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Jesus revered by Muslims is the Jesus of the apocryphal gospels. I read them before I read the Quran. Spoiler alert.
False Jesus.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
False Jesus.

Pretty much, yes.

You'll find that Mohammed opposed the teachings of the Church. Literally, if the Church said yes, Mohammed said no. If the Church said no, Mohammed said yes.

At the condemnation of chiliasm the cause was the millennium was taught as a time of carnality. Excesses of wine and an abundance of virgins. Seventy two virgins? Condemned by the Church but accepted by Mohammed. Jesus creating clay doves? Condemned by the Church but accepted by Mohammed. They are all in the Quran.

Mohammed opposed the Church. By opposing the Church he opposed Christ. He was antichurch making him antichrist.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Catholics, however, should know that Muslims “revere” Jesus because that’s what’s it says in the Vatican II document Nostra Aetate, and almost everyone who has attended Catholic schools in recent decades will have been of the high esteem that Muslims have for Jesus.

But for many Catholics, that’s all they know about Jesus and Islam. And it simply isn’t enough now that Islam has passed through its mid-century sleepy time phase, and that has re-emerged as a world power. It’s important to recall that Nostra Aetate was written in 1965- right in the midst of that quiescent era—and it was meant to convey a positive picture of Islam, not a complete one.

Islam has emerged from its mid-century slumber, but many Catholics have not emerged from theirs. They won’t admit that Vatican II sketch of Islam is woefully inadequate for understanding born-again militant Islam.

Upvote 0

OrateProNobis

Smile and be happy!
Jan 4, 2020
East Coast
✟10,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They deny his crucifixion resurrection and divinity. They basically mention His name and BV Mary then tear down all beliefs about them.... replace everything with Mohammed. They are more closely related to Judaism. Especially the death penalty. Everything Jesus died for they went against. And happen to mention names as “revered”. If they really loved Jesus they would follow Him. Plain and simple.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't get how there have been so many false prophets popping up during and after Jesus' time but none have had the ominous pervasive effect around the world like Muhammad has. You don't even see Joseph Smith or Charles Taze Russell have this sort of impact. It hurts to see this religion even existing. I wish my dad understood how wrong this faith is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OrateProNobis

Smile and be happy!
Jan 4, 2020
East Coast
✟10,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't get how there have been so many false prophets popping up during and after Jesus' time but none have had the ominous pervasive effect around the world like Muhammad has. You don't even see Joseph Smith or Charles Taze Russell have this sort of impact. It hurts to see this religion even existing. I wish my dad understood how wrong this faith is.

It’s because he did introduce the Arabs to the God of Abraham. We all know that’s the one and only true God the Father who created the world. He told them about Jesus. He did pull them out of paganism. The people were and are probably drawn by instinct to God but they are getting a wrong version of Him.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I would think this so obvious as to not need to be said, but I guess it does, particularly as Islam grows while Christianity shrinks in the west. Lord have mercy. Islam's Jesus ('Isa) is not even the same as the Jesus Christian Arabic-speakers praise (Yesu'). Mohammed even had to rename him (and several other Biblical figures like John -- with a few historical exceptions, it's Yahya for Muslims, but Yuhanna for Christians; various very obviously post-Biblical saints like St. George, St. John the Baptist, and St. Sarkis the Warrior have been syncretized into the figure of Al-Khidr, a wise man of Islamic mythology), which perhaps tells you something very basic about the Islamic view of Jesus. It would be like saying we accept Mohammed as a prophet (Lord have mercy!), but we call him Abdullah ibn Bukhtishu, and he was really an 11th century Nestorian Persian physician, not a 7th century Arab warlord. No.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It’s because he did introduce the Arabs to the God of Abraham. We all know that’s the one and only true God the Father who created the world. He told them about Jesus. He did pull them out of paganism. The people were and are probably drawn by instinct to God but they are getting a wrong version of Him.
Shouldn't the Christians have done all this instead? Christianity had already been up and running.

Upvote 0

OrateProNobis

Smile and be happy!
Jan 4, 2020
East Coast
✟10,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A lot of us Christians don’t even know our own faith. So when Muslims proselytize they can’t argue and lose all faith and accept the watered down version. The age of technology put so many false teachings out there it’s tough to keep up with it. Kids need to be taught mysteries from a young age.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A lot of us Christians don’t even know our own faith. So when Muslims proselytize they can’t argue and lose all faith and accept the watered down version. The age of technology put so many false teachings out there it’s tough to keep up with it. Kids need to be taught mysteries from a young age.
They either don't know, or they cherry pick, so I understand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Mohammad had a sword and he knew how to use it. That's the difference.

Upvote 0