That thing that Trump shouldn't have done...he did. Big surprise.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If your government can only investigate one thing at a time... you're in trouble already..

Secondly.. sometimes investigating one poorly handled issue uncovers the real problem that affects numerous issues.

Where did I mention "hunger"?

Our government is in trouble because one party would rather "investigate" for polical gain than govern.
Case and point: Immigration

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I never really understood the procedure for determining the candidate for President. Seems like they rip each other apart, even though they are on the same team.. Then, when all is said and done.. They're besty's again.... very odd.

I guess it is the best way to have the people choose who should run against the opposition.

In Canada, each party elects a leader to represent them as leader of the party. This happens at the federal and provincial levels of government. The members of the party get to vote. I do see debates and similar antics to what goes no in the US... but it lasts about a month.

I think that we had two federal elections and a provincial election in the two years that we were gifted with the campaigning and run up to one of your federal elections.

I just find it odd, for any selection process, for members of the same team to be critical of each other.

I think that you may see DT as president and Ron D as VP.
Back before we had the whole “primary-season”, Parties would hold state conventions to select who they wanted to stand for office, only then did the voters get to chose between those so selected.

Nationally for President the process was much the same. States voted. This is where the real, actual politicking, got done. It’s what Lincoln found out for us, it’s not being the “best”, it’s being the best at “politicking”.

Once this run of populism, (coming from both sides now), is over, “less excitable” (if not “exciting”), people are going to be in charge again and we can get back to the business of running a nation and having a more functional society with less bickering over who people LOVE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Our government is in trouble because one party would rather "investigate" for polical gain than govern.
Case and point: Immigration
Your border crisis is not going to be investigated for political gain.. it was initiated for political gain and needs to be solved for national safety.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Back before we had the whole “primary-season”, Parties would hold state conventions to select who they wanted to stand for office, only then did the voters get to chose between those so selected.

Nationally for President the process was much the same. States voted. This is where the real, actual politicking, got done. It’s what Lincoln found out for us, it’s not being the “best”, it’s being the best at “politicking”.

Once this run of populism, (coming from both sides now), is over, “less excitable” (if not “exciting”), people are going to be in charge again and we can get back to the business of running a nation and having a more functional society with less bickering over who people LOVE.
Well, in Canada, we see almost more of your news than our own... It's quite the show.. two years of it....

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not the best nickname Trump has come up with. Crooked Hilary and Sleepy Joe worked out much better.
You think the 2020 election "worked out much better" for Trump?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married