That person was most definitely saved, but this other person was most definitely not saved...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Are Christians supposed to hypocritically judge others sins? No. Do most people misuse this scripture actually? Lol! regularly imho.

If you judge at all, how are you not judging hypocritically, is part of my point, we simply do not have all the information or facts, only God does...

Are Christians supposed to love one another with a brotherly love & show kindness? Yes. (1 John 13:34)
Are we to show charity towards those who have less among the church & help each other out? Yes. ( 1Pet 4: 8)
Are we to judge non-believers? No. (1Cor 5:12 )
Are we allowed to judge those within the church? Yes (1Cor 5:12)
Are we to judge with righteous judgement? Yes. (John 7:24 )
Jesus says,"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:24).
Are there denominations that are allowing in heresies? Yes. Is the church supposed to be silent & complacent & allow false teachings to spread? No. Are there popular Christian leaders who are preaching heresies? Yes.

I think we are supposed to ignore them and let them go by the wayside, and continue in preaching the true Gospel, which should win out in the end, don't have any kind of part or sharing with them etc, and let them go by the wayside, and maybe to some of their followers if they approach us and ask, to share the true Gospel with them, etc...

2Tim 4:2 "2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season ; reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction. 3For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires.…"

Addressing the church
1Cor 6:1 "If any of you has a grievance against another, how dare he go to law before the unrighteous instead of before the saints!"

Addressing unrepentant sinful behavior
1Cor 5:12 "11But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. 12 What business of mine is it to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.”… This is also addressed in Matt 18:15-17 the elders of the church i.e. Pastor, deacons that the bible to help, counsel & get them back on the right path.

Matt 18: 15-17 “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."

James 5:19
"My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins."

2 Timothy 4:2
"Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching."
gotquestions.org imo answers this question according to the bible.
What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others? | GotQuestions.org

Were commanded to listen to Pharisees, and try to do what they say, just not do as they do (Matthew 23:1-3) or take lessons on how to do, act, be etc, behave etc, from their own personal lives, and to watch out for their "leaven" or their teachings that can puff one up with pride or judgmentalism etc, and not succumb to those parts... (Matthew 16:6)...

But we are to listen to them, heed their words, and try to perform them, etc... But again, be especially careful and/or wary of the parts that puff up, and don't take lessons on how you are to act/be and/or behave, live your own personal life, etc, from them personally or from their own personal lives, we are to be different than that...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So back to the original point.

Poster was saying he could judge if someone was not saved based on scriptural interpretation.

I said only God can know that, and he is not God.

Then the waters got muddied for a bit.

But in terms of salvation, if you assume someone is not saved, you are placing them in hell in your own heart and mind ... thus you are asking for the same judgment.

Moral of the story: don't try to be God.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So back to the original point.

Poster was saying he could judge if someone was not saved based on scriptural interpretation.

I said only God can know that, and he is not God.

Then the waters got muddied for a bit.

But in terms of salvation, if you assume someone is not saved, you are placing them in hell in your own heart and mind ... thus you are asking for the same judgment.

Moral of the story: don't try to be God.
Good point(s), very good point(s)...

Not at all easy to do perfectly all the time, etc, though...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thing is, for instance, you are Baptist...so...will your denomination "pull the covers" from the RCC (for example)...and what about the JWs...or Messianics...or SDAs...etc...?
Hey, I was in another denomination originally and believe that I was not born again then, however, didn't even know that verse about "you must be born again" my church didn't teach that ever. I was not taught the basics of Christianity very well from that original denomination....but I thought I was a Christian but my church didn't teach that the Bible was the word of God for eg. & I didn't know any different because I was not reading the Bible on my own and was not familiar with the differences in denominations. I didn't know anyone outside of that original church.
After much prayer & seeking , and being shown my way... then I got legit saved and was taught the Bible from several different denominations other then the one I was in originally. Later , from interviewing several Pastor's I chose to attend a Baptist church in my area because I wanted Bible only, not ceremony, not man's traditions, but wanted to learn from God fearing men what the Bible teaches.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If you seek it, why not give the benefit of the doubt instead of jumping to so many conclusions.

If you believe in reproof and rebuke, then why so sensitive?
Wow, you are the one who is judging me & being critical. I was giving my opinion based upon the scriptures.
I find the judgmentalness in your posts towards me pretty ironic
Have a nice life.
bye!

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If you judge at all, how are you not judging hypocritically, is part of my point, we simply do not have all the information or facts, only God does...
I think we are supposed to ignore them and let them go by the wayside, and continue in preaching the true Gospel, which should win out in the end, don't have any kind of part or sharing with them etc, and let them go by the wayside, and maybe to some of their followers if they approach us and ask, to share the true Gospel with them, etc...
Were commanded to listen to Pharisees, and try to do what they say, just not do as they do (Matthew 23:1-3) or take lessons on how to do, act, be etc, behave etc, from their own personal lives, and to watch out for their "leaven" or their teachings that can puff one up with pride or judgmentalism etc, and not succumb to those parts... (Matthew 16:6)...

But we are to listen to them, heed their words, and try to perform them, etc... But again, be especially careful and/or wary of the parts that puff up, and don't take lessons on how you are to act/be and/or behave, live your own personal life, etc, from them personally or from their own personal lives, we are to be different than that...

God Bless!
Sorry, I disagee with your views and find it not exactly what the scripture teaches on the subject.
Bless you too.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorry, I disagee with your views and find it not exactly what the scripture teaches on the subject.
Bless you too.
What do you disagree with...?

And why...?

Are you saying scripture teaches us to automatically condemn some or others...? And to purposely set out to do this with some, and with that specifically in mind, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What do you disagree with...?

And why...?

Are you saying scripture teaches us to automatically condemn some or others...? And to purposely set out to do this with some, and with that specifically in mind, etc...?

God Bless!
You can read it in my posts and the scripture and the link I posted, otherwise it would be repeating myself.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone...

God Bless!
Again, you are taking the scripture out of context & misapplying it.
The Pharasees were going to stone a woman for breaking Jewish law for adultery. That is far from what we are talking about in this thread.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Again, you are taking the scripture out of context & misapplying it.
The Pharasees were going to stone a woman for breaking Jewish law for adultery. That is far from what we are talking about in this thread.
Jesus was talking to all, past, present, and future who would ever do and/or be like them...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was talking to all, past, present, and future who would ever do and be like them...

God Bless!
You are taking that scripture out of context, that is why I'm done with this thread. Like I said before, that scripture is FAR from what we are talking here.
What I have found is those who harp on the don't judge , are often the ones who are involved in unbiblical churches etc... The false prophets for eg use the don't judge verses out of context and the touch not God's anointed scripture because they don't want people calling them out on their interpretations & teachings that are unbiblical.
The only thing that saves us from falling away or falling into heresies or apostasy is testing what people do and say by scriptures.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You are taking that scripture out of context, that is why I'm done with this thread.
Your done because your hypocrisy is being exposed and it's uncomfortable to you, but, "whatever" man, God still loves you and so do I...

Have a good day man,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your done because your hypocrisy is being exposed and it's uncomfortable to you, but, "whatever" man, God still loves you and so do I...

Have a good day man,

God Bless!
Again, you crack me up! because you have been judgmental and now you are calling me a hypocrite! So I rest my case... Have a nice day.
Keep your little blessing it is meaningless to me.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Let him who is without sin, cast the first stone...

God Bless!

Jesus was talking to all, past, present, and future who would ever do and/or be like them...

God Bless!

Jesus could cast the first stone because He was without sin, but we are not, and cannot and should not unless we have no other choice, and even then we still have to be very careful, and may have to ask forgiveness for it later...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you are the one who is judging me & being critical. I was giving my opinion based upon the scriptures.
I find the judgmentalness in your posts towards me pretty ironic
Have a nice life.
bye!
I'm sure I'll see you again under a different user name.

But bye for now.

• Friendly
Upvote 0