That person was most definitely saved, but this other person was most definitely not saved...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That person was most definitely saved, but this other person was most definitely not saved, etc.

God might say, "Not in my eyes", etc....

How can you/me/we judge, etc...?

Those whom men might say or think was not saved at all, could easily have a much purer, better, and just a much better, and more right, good, just, etc, "heart" or heart condition than those who some men might say most definitely was saved or had to be saved for sure, when God may not, etc....

If you make automatic or snap judgments in your heart and mind about "certain people" or certain individuals (those that might seem like great sinners on the outside) (or people in dire desperate states, conditions or circumstances, etc) (or "whomever" for "whatever" reasons) "snap judgments" in your mind or heart, or heart and mind, or in your thinking processes, you have just eaten the fruit from the tree of the knowledge or good and evil and have fallen into what God Himself considers a very great or deep or pretty serious and very evil and wicked sin (yourself) etc, IMO...

We are supposed to always be giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, right...? And when we don't, why don't we, etc, and is that a sin, and perhaps a great sin on our part...? Are we being hypocrites, or worse, when we don't or do not...?

Is it possible for someone who might seem like a great sinner on the outside, or for one whom it might even seem is being punished for their sins, or is being cursed or stricken by God for their sins, that they even might still be in, on the outside, to be a much "better person", than one whom many men might say was or is a very good person and is most definitely saved by or due to outside or outward appearances, etc..."

Is it possible...?

And, how can we/me/you judge...?

When God might say to you just the opposite maybe in His eyes, etc...?

Discuss...?

God Bless!

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That person was most definitely saved, but this other person was most definitely not saved, etc.

Those whom men might say or think was not saved at all, could easily have a much purer, better, and just a much better, and more right, good, just, etc, "heart" or heart condition than those who some men might say most definitely was saved or had to be saved for sure, when God may not, etc....

If you make automatic or snap judgments in your heart and mind about "certain people" or certain individuals (those that might seem like great sinners on the outside) (or people in dire desperate states, conditions or circumstances, etc) (or "whomever" for "whatever" reasons) "snap judgments" in your mind or heart, or heart and mind, or in your thinking processes, you have just eaten the fruit from the tree of the knowledge or good and evil and have fallen into what God Himself considers a very great or deep or pretty serious and very evil and wicked sin (yourself) etc, IMO...

We are supposed to always be giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, right...? And when we don't, why don't we, etc, and is that a sin, and perhaps a great sin on our part...? Are we being hypocrites, or worse, when we don't or do not...?

Is it possible for someone who might seem like a great sinner on the outside, or for one whom it might even seem is being punished for their sins, or is being cursed or stricken by God for their sins, that they even might still be in, on the outside, to be a much "better person", than one whom many men might say was or is a very good person and is most definitely saved by or due to outside or outward appearances, etc..."

Is it possible...?

Discuss...?

God Bless!
Jesus said that we will be judged according to the same measure by which we judge others. Paul said in 1 Corinthians that he would not accept the judgment of any person about the way he walked with God, and he went on to say that he refused to even judge himself! He decided to leave any judgment to the Lord. I think that is the best attitude to have to professing Christian who comes across our path.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus said that we will be judged according to the same measure by which we judge others. Paul said in 1 Corinthians that he would not accept the judgment of any person about the way he walked with God, and he went on to say that he refused to even judge himself! He decided to leave any judgment to the Lord. I think that is the best attitude to have to professing Christian who comes across our path.
Some still think they can judge though...? To them, as long as in their own eyes they are not judging hypocritically, but I think it is still much better to your best not to judge at all, not for sure anyway, if you can, etc... I mean you can still try to warn people I guess, at what might be them "risking it", or putting it (their salvation) at risk, I guess you could say, but to make any judgments for sure, is very dangerous and risky to you, if you ask me...

What would you say to those people who still think they can judge as long as in their own eyes they are not judging hypocritically... I say "in their own eyes" because IMO, I think they still are judging hypocritically, whether they are aware of it or that fact or not...

Anyway, what would you say to those ones...?

God Bless!

Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some still think they can judge though...? To them, as long as in their own eyes they are not judging hypocritically, but I think it is still much better to your best not to judge at all, not for sure anyway, if you can, etc... I mean you can still try to warn people I guess, at what might be them "risking it", or putting it (their salvation) at risk, I guess you could say, but to make any judgments for sure, is very dangerous and risky to you, if you ask me...

I think there is a difference between judging in a critical way, and judging to see if someone is safe to be close to or not. Judging yellow flags is one of the ways to protect ourselves.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

What would you say to those people who still think they can judge as long as in their own eyes they are not judging hypocritically... I say "in their own eyes" because IMO, I think they still are judging hypocritically, whether they are aware of it or that fact or not...

Anyway, what would you say to those ones...?

God Bless!
If someone says something judgmental to me, I say, "Thank you for sharing that with me. I am guilty of everything you are saying about me. It is good to be reminded that I am just a poor sinner and nothing at all, and that the only good that is in me is the Holy Spirit who is conforming me to the image of Christ, day by day." Then I would turn my back on that person and walk away.

You see, we don't have to defend ourselves, because as Paul said, there is nothing good in us, that is in our flesh. That judgmental person is viewing us as we are in the flesh, and he cannot see into our heart and he cannot know exactly what spirit we are really of.

There is the story about the pastor who was imprisoned by the communists, and they tried to break him by telling him all the bad things they saw about him. He just agreed to everything they said, because he knew that his faith was not in himself but in Jesus. They couldn't break him, and had to let him go. The Scripture says that we have the sentence of death in ourselves that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead.

It is what God thinks of us is most important, and His acceptance of us is on the basis of the finished work of Christ, and therefore He has given us His righteousness, so that no matter what we are like in the flesh, God sees us as pure as an angel in heaven. So if God sees us as perfectly holy through Christ, then all judgment of others has to fall flat.

I was once given a list of criticisms of me by a fellow elder after a morning service, and I left for home with my tail between my legs in a state of discouragement and depression. Halfway home I stopped and asked the Lord, "Are those criticisms from you?" He said, "Nope!" I then got the joy unspeakable and and full of joy and went on my way home rejoicing!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think there is a difference between judging in a critical way, and judging to see if someone is safe to be close to or not. Judging yellow flags is one of the ways to protect ourselves.
That's a very good point... but all too often when we might judge someone as not safe to get close to or be around, we might also begin to make judgments as to what kind of person they are and why, etc...

Thin red line...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

"Yellow flags"?

*Is this because of the rose? :idea1:

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If someone says something judgmental to me, I say, "Thank you for sharing that with me. I am guilty of everything you are saying about me. It is good to be reminded that I am just a poor sinner and nothing at all, and that the only good that is in me is the Holy Spirit who is conforming me to the image of Christ, day by day." Then I would turn my back on that person and walk away.

You see, we don't have to defend ourselves, because as Paul said, there is nothing good in us, that is in our flesh. That judgmental person is viewing us as we are in the flesh, and he cannot see into our heart and he cannot know exactly what spirit we are really of.

There is the story about the pastor who was imprisoned by the communists, and they tried to break him by telling him all the bad things they saw about him. He just agreed to everything they said, because he knew that his faith was not in himself but in Jesus. They couldn't break him, and had to let him go. The Scripture says that we have the sentence of death in ourselves that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead.

It is what God thinks of us is most important, and His acceptance of us is on the basis of the finished work of Christ, and therefore He has given us His righteousness, so that no matter what we are like in the flesh, God sees us as pure as an angel in heaven. So if God sees us as perfectly holy through Christ, then all judgment of others has to fall flat.

I was once given a list of criticisms of me by a fellow elder after a morning service, and I left for home with my tail between my legs in a state of discouragement and depression. Halfway home I stopped and asked the Lord, "Are those criticisms from you?" He said, "Nope!" I then got the joy unspeakable and and full of joy and went on my way home rejoicing!
Good words, but what about those who would still think they can judge...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Good words, but what about those who would still think they can judge...?

God Bless!
Avoid them. We cannot have fellowship with a judgmental person who is actually playing God. Concentrate on those who accept you as God accepts you - as you are. If there is anything He doesn't like in you, He won't judge you, He will change you!

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I know what she is talking about, and the distinction she is trying to make, for I sometimes have to make it and do make it too, sometimes...

God Bless!

I know, just being silly...I watch a little Futbol!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Their is a defense mechanism built into all of us for our own safety, like what @ChicanaRose is talking about... but then, are we supposed to listen to it...? and are we not giving them the benefit of the doubt about being safe or not like we should when we do listen to it, I wonder...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yes.

Possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Their is a defense mechanism built into all of us for our own safety, like what @ChicanaRose is talking about... but then, are we supposed to listen to it...? and are we not giving them the benefit of the doubt about being safe or not like we should when we do listen to it, I wonder...?

God Bless!

Well, "be wise as serpents" right? Wisdom is not a snappy thing...so, if there are warning signs, maybe we should ask ourselves if we are being hasty or is the Spirit leading us to withdraw from a certain person. Like,if we are called to ministry in a bad part of town, we may experience some sense of danger and it would be pretty reasonable to stay away. I think the enemy keeps his soldiers active in certain places for just this...to intimidate those who would bring the light in, but if this is where one is called, they should have no qualms about disregarding defense mechanisms.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Is it possible...?

Discuss...?

God Bless!
I dare not get specific but there are a lot of well known people who I absolutely think were Christians who probably are in Heaven now even though a lot of people probably don't consider them to be Christians at all and probably think they're in Hell right now.

All of this is to say that we should be very careful. I'm being polite. We really shouldn't speculate on somebody going to Hell. Ultimately, God is the only one who can know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh man, I would have to judge that...LOL.
I know right... LOL.

We seem to be almost doomed to do it sometimes, and in some cases, but I think we should be very very careful, and very mindful of it, when and wherever we can and as much as we can, etc...

All too many are not though, and some hardly or not at all, etc...

Those people send up warning flags for me...

God Bless!

Upvote 0