Texas Senate drops "White Supremacy is bad" requirement from education bill

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where do you find people who are not biased? It comes with being human.
We’re talking about racially biased to the point of being unfair to people due to their race. That’s not something that just comes with being human, that comes by being a despicable human, and shame on anyone who tries to normalize such wicked behavior.
Because it is not applied equally.
If people aren’t applying it equally, that is a people problem not a system problem.
Incorrect. The data shows that accounting for outside variables POC are charged and convicted at higher rates with longer sentences. Even though whites commit crimes at about the same rate.
According to the FBI black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime in every category except alcohol related events. From the chart below you can see despite making up only 12% of the population, they commit 52% of all homicides, and 54% of all burglaries. Again; the reason they are charged and convicted at a higher rate is because they commit more crimes.
Table 21
And since people of color are convicted of felonies at a higher rate, they are disproportionately impacted.
Again; a people problem. If the people didn’t commit a disproportionate amount of the crime, they wouldn’t be disproportionately impacted.
That is not how systemic racism works. From the UN report on US racial disparities:

Report to the United Nations on Racial Disparities in the U.S. Criminal Justice System | The Sentencing Project
So according to this report the United States has 2 different justice systems? One for the wealthy, and another for people of color and the poor?
Now why on earth would they equate the poor with people of color? Don’t they know some of the richest people on earth are people of color? Which justice do the rich People of color get? Which justice system do people of non color who are poor get? Sounds like their bias and agenda’s are getting in the way of making an honest report.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Governments have often tried to push "truths" by making it illegal to teach alternatives. I wish you and the censors you cheer on all the success you've had in your past attempts.
I’ve made it very clear to you that I did not want to sensor CRT. Yet you continue to accuse me of wanting to censor, and calling me a censor in spite of the fact that I clearly told you that is not what I wanted to do. If you want to refute what I say, refute my actual words and quit making stuff up about me

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If "ridiculous distortion" is suddenly a fact,

Is it?

such a display would be even more pointless than I suspect... and as it is, I suspect that arguments about what some people think it means are utterly pointless.

OP- "I can't believe they dropped "white supremacy" from the curriculum!

Reply- "What's white supremacy?"

OP- "uhhhh.....I don't see how that's relevant."

If it's not relevant, what in the world is this thread about? Do you even know what you're complaining about?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,477.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
We’re talking about racially biased to the point of being unfair to people due to their race. That’s not something that just comes with being human, that comes by being a despicable human, and shame on anyone who tries to normalize such wicked behavior.

Nope. Once again data shows that people will have a tendency to discriminate based solely on things like names without knowing race. It is not just despicable people but even people who do not want to be racist.

If people aren’t applying it equally, that is a people problem not a system problem.

According to the FBI black people commit a disproportionate amount of crime in every category except alcohol related events. From the chart below you can see despite making up only 12% of the population, they commit 52% of all homicides, and 54% of all burglaries. Again; the reason they are charged and convicted at a higher rate is because they commit more crimes.
Table 21

Cool. Show me the table showing they commit more crimes. Not the table showing they get arrested more which is part of what I contended and is part of the systemic racism.

Again; a people problem. If the people didn’t commit a disproportionate amount of the crime, they wouldn’t be disproportionately impacted.

Again, show the table that they commit more crimes.

So according to this report the United States has 2 different justice systems? One for the wealthy, and another for people of color and the poor?
Now why on earth would they equate the poor with people of color? Don’t they know some of the richest people on earth are people of color? Which justice do the rich People of color get? Which justice system do people of non color who are poor get? Sounds like their bias and agenda’s are getting in the way of making an honest report.

You do realize POC in America are disproportionately in the lower income brackets? Why are you using the idea that because there are rich POC that somehow negates this fact? We are talking the median not the outliers.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I’ve made it very clear to you that I did not want to sensor CRT. Yet you continue to accuse me of wanting to censor, and calling me a censor in spite of the fact that I clearly told you that is not what I wanted to do. If you want to refute what I say, refute my actual words and quit making stuff up about me

Read it again -- "...you and the censors you cheer on..."

You choose your allies poorly; that's hardly my problem.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Missed the "If" there, didn't you?

OP- "I can't believe they dropped "white supremacy" from the curriculum!

Reply- "What's white supremacy?"

OP- "uhhhh.....I don't see how that's relevant."

If it's not relevant, what in the world is this thread about? Do you even know what you're complaining about?

Who said the definition was irrelevant? Oh, right -- you did, just now.

I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description, and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Explain this "white supremacy" thing you want taught....as per the OP.

Say the magic word, first.

Or go back and see that I edited my previous post.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Say the magic word, first.

Or go back and see that I edited my previous post.

This is a joke right?

"I know it when I see it."

How does one test a student on that???

"Sorry Billy, but you failed to identify the white supremacy from the examples given
?"

But you never told us what it is teacher!

"Sorry Billy....you're supposed to know it when you see it."

I suppose you've done and answered your own OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Cool. Show me the table showing they commit more crimes. Not the table showing they get arrested more which is part of what I contended and is part of the systemic racism.

You're kidding right?

If you aren't going by arrests, what possible way are you going to show that crimes are committed proportionally?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nope. Once again data shows that people will have a tendency to discriminate based solely on things like names without knowing race.
Then it’s not a racial bias is it. I’m talking about racial biases

Again, show the table that they commit more crimes.
Homicide the number one cause of death of black men; no other demographic has this distinction.
From the CDC-Leading Causes of Death-Non-Hispanic Black Males 2017

93% of blacks who are murdered are killed by other blacks.
PolitiFact - Giuliani: 93 percent of black murders committed by blacks

If you can put 2+2 together, you can see it equals to more blacks committing murder than any other group; which is backed up with the 52% of murders according to the FBI report
What; did you think they just let all the white murders go in order to skew the statics? C’mon!

You do realize POC in America are disproportionately in the lower income brackets? Why are you using the idea that because there are rich POC that somehow negates this fact? We are talking the median not the outliers.
The article says nothing about median; it says “poor and people of color” That means it has to include the outliners.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This is a joke right?

"I know it when I see it."

How does one test a student on that???

In Texas (and a growing number of red states), you deny its existence.

"Sorry Billy, but you failed to identify the white supremacy from the examples given?"

But you never told us what it is teacher!

"Sorry Billy....you're supposed to know it when you see it."

I suppose you've done and answered your own OP.

I suppose you've never taught before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In Texas (and a growing number of red states), you deny its existence.

Nope. Can't deny the existence of something you can't even define.

It's still on you to explain what the concept means.

I suppose you've never taught before.

I've had plenty of awful teachers....but they never told me I'd know cellular mitosis when I see it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Nope. Can't deny the existence of something you can't even define.

It's still on you to explain what the concept means.

Nobody who matters needs an explanation.

The teachers can surely help the students tell the difference between "good" white supremacy and "bad" white supremacy -- but of course, if the legislators want to use censorship to pretend that none of it ever existed, that's just not going to work... even if the censors were smarter than the educators.

And they're not.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Surely students matter.

If you cannot provide them an explanation (and you clearly can't ) ....then what is there to teach?

Explain.

upload_2021-7-30_22-34-34.jpeg

Upvote 0