Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
DALLAS — Muslims say they're looking for a place to bury their dead. Locals say it's a plot to gain a foothold in their small rural Texas town.

A proposal to bring a Muslim cemetery to Farmersville has stoked fears among residents who are vehemently trying to convince community leaders to block the project.

"How can we stop a mosque or madrassa training center from going in there?" he asked, referring to a type of Islamic school.

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
You know, if I was part of a religion allegedly determined to destroy America, my first target would certainly be a small town of 3500 in Texas, where I would build a cemetery in which to bury dead Muslims. Because dead Muslims buried in a small town is surely the best way to initiate Jihad and Sharia law across the nation.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What I find interesting is that the minister would come out and say that he is not in favor of religious freedom. You don't get to stop religions your don't like from building on property they lawfully attained.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, if I was part of a religion allegedly determined to destroy America, my first target would certainly be a small town of 3500 in Texas, where I would build a cemetery in which to bury dead Muslims. Because dead Muslims buried in a small town is surely the best way to initiate Jihad and Sharia law across the nation.
People need to wake up and smell the hummus.

Upvote 0

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
How can anybody object to a Muslim cemetery? These poor, grieving families just want to bury their dead loved ones and people try to stop them.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Who cares if they want a cemetery? And who cares if it leads to a mosque? My town has several times as many people as this town and only has one small mosque that's basically a converted house.

Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Islam has figured out how to start the zombie apocalypse, now they just need to plant enough that follow the Shariah to start their zombie army.

Back to reality, I'm sorry.
People want, need to bury their dead. If they can buy the land,
they can plant their people. If they want the town to provide a cemetery then I oppose that.

As for the question:
""How can we stop a mosque or madrassa training center from going in there?" he asked, referring to a type of Islamic school."
I don't believe you legally can. Except by not having any land available for sell.
Equal rights means people have the right to follow their religion, as long as it is peacefully done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe you legally can. Except by not having any land available for sell.
Equal rights means people have the right to follow their religion, as long as it is peacefully done.

Even in Texas?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems to me that if a certain sort of people think that the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim, they'd welcome all these good Muslims into their community.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems to me that if a certain sort of people think that the only good Muslim is a dead Muslim, they'd welcome all these good Muslims into their community.
:ahah:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP

There is already one Muslim cemetery further west on highway 380 near Denton.

So? Does the fact that one exists negate the possibility of another existing? Would that argument apply to other things? "There's already a hospital/fire station/grocery store/McDonalds/pizza place a bit down the highway, so there's no point in allowing another."

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
DALLAS — Muslims say they're looking for a place to bury their dead. Locals say it's a plot to gain a foothold in their small rural Texas town.

A proposal to bring a Muslim cemetery to Farmersville has stoked fears among residents who are vehemently trying to convince community leaders to block the project.

"How can we stop a mosque or madrassa training center from going in there?" he asked, referring to a type of Islamic school.
People have the right to bury their dead and even have a mosque. I'm no fan of the Islamic faith at all myself, but they have the right to the same things I do.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Well, apparently the Texan Muslims are dropping like flies to the extent that their Texan cemeteries are filling up so fast they need new ones.

A woman from Italy once asked me, as we were walking through a local cemetery, how long Americans were allowed to stay in their graves. The question surprised me as I always thought - as much as I had thought about it - "forever." She told me that where she comes from, a person only gets to rest in peace for about 75 years before a new occupant is placed in the hole. Kinda makes sense, as there is an awful lot of dead people in the Old World and not much unoccupied space.

I never have understood the logic behind taking up huge tracts of land to bury dead people when that land could be put to much better use for pretty much anything else.

Reactions: jacknife
Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, apparently the Texan Muslims are dropping like flies to the extent that their Texan cemeteries are filling up so fast they need new ones.

A woman from Italy once asked me, as we were walking through a local cemetery, how long Americans were allowed to stay in their graves. The question surprised me as I always thought - as much as I had thought about it - "forever." She told me that where she comes from, a person only gets to rest in peace for about 75 years before a new occupant is placed in the hole. Kinda makes sense, as there is an awful lot of dead people in the Old World and not much unoccupied space.

I remember reading a few years ago how graves in Europe are only temporary.
The article was about how Hitler's mother was going to be thrown out of her grave.

Back during the war in Bosnia, I remember seeing news video of Christian Serbs
digging up their family graves when they evacuated lands Muslims were given.

Something similar is now afoot in Memphis with Nathan Bedford Forest's grave.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...han-b-forrest-grave-pledges-to-bring-backhoe/

Even the dead can no longer rest in peace.
Hopefully this is a sign of the coming resurrection.

Upvote 0