Terri Schiavo: WWJD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephrobert

Jul 12, 2004
✟8,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
I could only hope that the Lawmakers and the Judges are doing the right thing. This reminds me of Pontius Pilate and when Jesus was brought to him arrested for no mistake he had ran out of options to release him. He simply have to judge him to death. I think this case is no different than that. Probably all the judges know that it is wrong to condemn that poor woman to death, but they ran out of options. Some times the law stinks and nobody can do anything about it. She deserves life to the fullest extent.

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Neverstop said:
I think Jesus would tell us to respect her husband's wishes. We may judge him as an adulterer, but we cannot say he has not done everything medically possible for Terri. I think it's possible the reason he has not divorced her is to fulfill his duty of ensuring her wishes would be fulfilled. Only a mental [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] of gigantic purportions would subject himself to all Michael has. From all of the medical evidence, Terri has no brain activity, thus there is no pain.

If she had no brain activity whatsoever, she would be unable to breath on her own. Supposedly it's her cerebral cortex which lacks activity, theoretically leaving her body to feel plenty of pain, which I find disturbing.
However, I have been unable to find any articles which provide enough medical information for me to be informed as to her exact medical condition.
If she were brain dead, as my mother was following an accidental head injury, there would be little or no controversy over her treatment, and her "plug" would have been pulled years ago. The deterioration of an individual's body after brain death occurs is horrifying to witness.

It is a heart wrenching situation, and I do pray Christ uses this to bring people closer together, and not farther apart.

AMEN, Neverstop!

Upvote 0

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Plan 9 said:
If she had no brain activity whatsoever, she would be unable to breath on her own. Supposedly it's her cerebral cortex which lacks activity, theoretically leaving her body to feel plenty of pain, which I find disturbing.
However, I have been unable to find any articles which provide enough medical information for me to be informed as to her exact medical condition.
If she were brain dead, as my mother was following an accidental head injury, there would be little or no controversy over her treatment, and her "plug" would have been pulled years ago. The deterioration of an individual's body after brain death occurs is horrifying to witness.
It's hard to know her true condition because there are conflicting medical reports. I did hear that Michael is going to allow an autopsy to be performed after her death, which I suppose will be any time now. :sigh:

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems like there's been enough mudslinging, sanctified slander, lying and convenient (and deliberate, and willful) omission of facts to try to discredit "the other side" (however you define "the other side") so that NEITHER side is going to come out smelling like roses.

Far be it for ME to tell the Son of God what He should do -- but I would imagine He would suggest we examine our souls, and our consciences, and maybe even our actions and words and consider some of the very unkind (and occasionally deliberately cruel) and quite un-Christlike things each side has said to the other side -- and He might even suggest that we repent (in the sense of "turn towards God").

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SoupySayles said:
I want to stress again my disdain for starving her to death. I do not care what the law says, what other precedents there are for it, its inhumane no matter how you cut it and yes even if she is supposedly 'not feeling anything'. If our nation is going to do these kinds of things, its need to find a better way to do it. Its not right, its not American, and its certainly not Christian to starve another person to death. Even Death Row inmates get a quick death, if we're going to starve anyone let it be them and not defenseless women who eat through a tube.

At a gut level, starving someone to death by removing their feeding tube feels "ghoulish" to me.

When I was in the same position as Michael Schiavo, one of the things I made explicitly clear was that my ex was to be hydrated and kept out of pain. I made the decision not to treat any infections, and from that time it took about three days for death to ensue.

None of us are in a position to make Michael Schiavo's decisions for him. I can say, when I was in Michael Schiavo's position, that removing a feeding tube to bring about death by starvation and dehydration was not an option.

Upvote 0
S

santalucia

UberLutheran said:
Seems like there's been enough mudslinging, sanctified slander, lying and convenient (and deliberate, and willful) omission of facts to try to discredit "the other side" (however you define "the other side") so that NEITHER side is going to come out smelling like roses.

Far be it for ME to tell the Son of God what He should do -- but I would imagine He would suggest we examine our souls, and our consciences, and maybe even our actions and words and consider some of the very unkind (and occasionally deliberately cruel) and quite un-Christlike things each side has said to the other side -- and He might even suggest that we repent (in the sense of "turn towards God").

I think he would be on Terri's side, and her right to life.

(I agree with your next post)

Reactions: Blank123
Upvote 0
S

santalucia

Neverstop said:
Forgive me for not lending much creedence to the beck site:

It greatly disturbs me that people are finding new ways to exploit Terri's horrible situation.

The other link provides absolutely no info on what was asked for.

I see you totally missed the point of Glenn's T-shirts. He isn't selling them, he is making a suggestion to Michael as a way to earn more money, since most all of Terri's rehab money went to Felos. Glenn Beck is actually very well informed on this subject.

Upvote 0
S

santalucia

Stormy said:
If anyone has it in their heart to do... It may be a good time to start praying for Micheal. :crossrc:

Have you any idea how many people would pay to have him killed? Or how many people would do it for free?

If Micheal thought that killing Terri would make his life easier, then I am sure by now he knows differently.

I wonder if that is why he suddenly changed his mind about letting her have Communion, and getting an autopsy rather than immediately cremate. Maybe he finally got a clue as to what a monstrous cad he looked like.

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
santalucia said:
I see you totally missed the point of Glenn's T-shirts. He isn't selling them, he is making a suggestion to Michael as a way to earn more money, since most all of Terri's rehab money went to Felos. Glenn Beck is actually very well informed on this subject.

What is "Felos", please?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZACTAK

Contributor
Feb 12, 2005
Missouri
✟16,157.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think Jesus is very involved in this situation. No one days accidentally. It is all a part of God's will. Whatever happens this week in the Terri Schiavo case, whether it is she dies or whether she gets her feeding tube put back in, it will be God's will in the end that will prevail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
symphonyb said:
Jesus ,in my thoughts would have allowed terri to live out her life.brain injuries usually cause scar tissue build up,and she would have died within the next 5-10 years naturally. She is gone now,God bless you Terri:pray:

Yeah, she is dead now. I got a breaking news alert from CNN this morning when I came online. It was already there so I'm not sure what time it happened. May the Lord bring peace to her family. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
little_tigress said:
what sickens me is that her parents were denied permission to be with her when she died. :mad: :cry:

Yes, that is truly sad. :( I hope and pray that the Lord will give them comfort in this surely tremendously stressful and sad time for them. I also hope and pray that the Lord will bring something good out of this. I know that He can. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Marklet12

Mar 18, 2005
✟9,504.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't hold it against Michael to deny them access. For 10 years they've drawn out a protacted legal battle and have peddled lies and rumors to assassinate Michael's character in the court of public opinion. This past week the Schindlers's lawyer was comparing Michael to the Nazis. And you wonder why Michael would not want to be in the same room as these unChristlike liars when his wife dies?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.