Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since we have this new forum in the Christian only secion, as a Christian, what do you think Jesus would do? Probably totally heal her of course, but beyond that what would He do? What do you think He would recommend we do?

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
My prays for Terri are changing. At this point, she has suffered so much from the dehydration and starvation. I wonder if it is useless hoping for her to live? Maybe it is time to pray for her soul?

Isn't it strange how this is playing out at Easter time? Our Jesus was judged by the courts and put to death. Now our courts have condemned Terri.

Terri's mother can do nothing but stand by in agony as her child dies. Another coincidence, Terri's mother's name is also Mary.

I pray that Terri's suffering will end. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Ben_Hur

Me at the Races...
Oct 26, 2003
Northwest
✟9,019.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Holly3278 said:
Jesus would touch her and say "You are healed, get up, take your bed and go home." just like He did to tha guy in the Bible. ;)

I've been praying for just that. But in reality, I think God will do a work from this event, but the fruit of which will come after her death. I have hope and faith that God will do His will in this, but I have no hope nor faith in those in power on this earth.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

Saruman

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2004
USA-Kentucky
Visit site
✟17,800.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
as said, jesus would most likely heal her, unless her sickness was part of some plan...right now, my prayers have also changed....she's been starving and dying of thirst, so i just pray that she will go to heaven, as they joy there will make up for any suffering here.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I think Jesus would tell us to respect her husband's wishes. We may judge him as an adulterer, but we cannot say he has not done everything medically possible for Terri. I think it's possible the reason he has not divorced her is to fulfill his duty of ensuring her wishes would be fulfilled. Only a mental [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] of gigantic purportions would subject himself to all Michael has. From all of the medical evidence, Terri has no brain activity, thus there is no pain.

It is a heart wrenching situation, and I do pray Christ uses this to bring people closer together, and not farther apart.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think that even if she does die (which I believe she will) that maybe her death is for a greater purpose. Maybe it is to teach us a lesson. Maybe something good will come out of this. Remember, God can bring good out of any bad situation. We have to look at the bigger picture as well. :) Of course, it is still okay to be saddened by this situation. Personally, I think it's flat out evil that they can starve her to death. If she really wanted to die then some form of euthanasia that is quick and painless would be much better if you ask me. Not that I'm for euthanasia. It's just that a quick and painless death would be much more preferable to a prolonged starving death. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think Jesus would tell us to respect her husband's wishes. We may judge him as an adulterer, but we cannot say he has not done everything medically possible for Terri. I think it's possible the reason he has not divorced her is to fulfill his duty of ensuring her wishes would be fulfilled. Only a mental [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] of gigantic purportions would subject himself to all Michael has. From all of the medical evidence, Terri has no brain activity, thus there is no pain.

It is a heart wrenching situation, and I do pray Christ uses this to bring people closer together, and not farther apart.

actually he hasn't. Years ago, he had refused to allow her to get therapy that she needed, he refused to allow the doctors to treat potentially fatal infections over the years, and since 1993 has done nothing but push for her death.

as for her being brain dead, I would encourage you to visit terrisfight.org watch the videos on there, read the documentation from the DCF neurologists, and then decide if you still believe that.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
little_tigress said:
actually he hasn't. Years ago, he had refused to allow her to get therapy that she needed, he refused to allow the doctors to treat potentially fatal infections over the years, and since 1993 has done nothing but push for her death.

as for her being brain dead, I would encourage you to visit terrisfight.org watch the videos on there, read the documentation from the DCF neurologists, and then decide if you still believe that.

Where are the links to support that? Terrisfight.org is subjected to way too much free editing for me to accept it as fact. I have seen videos and pics and read the doctors' responses. They explained pretty clearly what her reactions were from. Moreover, it's very hard to accept that ALL of the judges throughout the history of this case found no negligence on Michael's part. Had that been found her parents would have had legal grounds to remove him from guardianship.

Maybe I sound callous, but I am not. This situation weighs heavily on my heart just as it does many others. I have just learned throughout life not to let my emotions rule my thoughts.

Upvote 0

bjh

Bible Student
Jul 28, 2003
St. Louis
Visit site
✟8,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
little_tigress said:

Since 1993? Why all the ado in the Christian media now? True, I've seen the case pop up once in a while, but the noise should have been constant since then, and it hasn't been.

Which source can you trust in all this? How do you know?

I tend to agree with Holly3278, it is a very sticky situation. Pray that God's will be done.

Upvote 0

Ben_Hur

Me at the Races...
Oct 26, 2003
Northwest
✟9,019.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Neverstop said:
Where are the links to support that?

I've heard all that right from the news. Scarborrough Country had her brother on. Also heard it from Glenn Beck (www.glennbeck.com) who's been following the story as long as I've been listening to him - over 5 years. He used to be on the "let her die" side of the coin until he actually talked to the family a while ago.

EDIT: Here's some more links on this page that are helpful. http://www.helpterri.org/page/page/1817200.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Ben_Hur said:
I've heard all that right from the news. Scarborrough Country had her brother on. Also heard it from Glenn Beck (www.glennbeck.com) who's been following the story as long as I've been listening to him - over 5 years. He used to be on the "let her die" side of the coin until he actually talked to the family a while ago.

EDIT: Here's some more links on this page that are helpful. http://www.helpterri.org/page/page/1817200.htm

Forgive me for not lending much creedence to the beck site:

It greatly disturbs me that people are finding new ways to exploit Terri's horrible situation.

The other link provides absolutely no info on what was asked for.

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I want to stress again my disdain for starving her to death. I do not care what the law says, what other precedents there are for it, its inhumane no matter how you cut it and yes even if she is supposedly 'not feeling anything'. If our nation is going to do these kinds of things, its need to find a better way to do it. Its not right, its not American, and its certainly not Christian to starve another person to death. Even Death Row inmates get a quick death, if we're going to starve anyone let it be them and not defenseless women who eat through a tube.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
bjh said:
Since 1993? Why all the ado in the Christian media now? True, I've seen the case pop up once in a while, but the noise should have been constant since then, and it hasn't been.

Which source can you trust in all this? How do you know?

I tend to agree with Holly3278, it is a very sticky situation. Pray that God's will be done.

here is the timeline for terrisfight.org (the site is run by her family and volunteers to Terri's foundation)
Feb - Terri Collapses in her home
Dec - Terri taken to California for experimental implant

Feb - Terri moved to home with husband.
Jan - Terri moved to Bradenton Mediplex Rehabilitation Center.
Apr - Terri's condition is assessed as improving.
Apr - Terri's husband advised to move her to Gainesville Rehabilitation Center to receive advanced therapy to continue Terri's recovery.
Jul - Terri moved to Sable Palms Nursing Home.

Aug - Terri awarded $250,000 in malpractice settlement.
Nov - Terri awarded $1.4 million in malpractice trial.
Nov - Michael Schiavo awarded $600,000 in malpractice trial.

Feb - Michael Schiavo denies recommended rehabilitation treatment.
Feb - Schiavo and Terri's parents have falling out regarding lack of therapy for Terri.
Feb - Schiavo withholds medical information from Terri's parents.
Feb - Schiavo posts Do not Resuscitate order in Terri's medical chart.
Jun - Schiavo threatens Schindler family with lawsuit.
Sep - Bob and Mary Schindler petition courts to remove Schiavo as Terri's guardian.
Feb - Judge Penick dismisses guardianship suit.
Apr - Terri moved to Palm Gardens Nursing Home.

Sep - Schiavo orders Palm Gardens not to treat Terri for potentially fatal infection.

Jun - Terri's parents obtain court order for access to Terri's medical records.

Jul - Schiavo's engagement to Jodi Centonze announced.
Aug - Attorney Felos's letter notifying Terri's parents of action to remove Terri's nutrition and hydration.

Jun - Guardian ad Litem appointed by court to investigate Terri's case.
Oct - Schiavo offers to donate Terri's inheritance to charity if family agrees to allow removal of her hydration and nutrition.
Dec - Guardian ad Litem recommends the court not approve Schiavo's petition.

Feb - Attorney George Felos files bias charges against Guardian ad Litem.
Jun - Guardian ad Litem dismissed by the court.

Jan - Judge Greer Conducts Terri’s Feeding Tube Removal Trial.

Feb - Greer Rules to Remove Nutrition Feeding Tube.

Feb – Affidavits filed by 3 doctors state Terri can swallow and is not PVS.

Feb - Greer denies petition to allow Terri swallowing tests.

Apr - Terri Moved from Palm Gardens Nursing Home to Hospice Facility.

Apr - Greer denies motion to return Terri to Palm Garden Nursing home.

Apr - Greer imposes restricted visitor list for Terri.

Jul - Appeal filed with Appellate Court to overturn Greer’s verdict.

Nov - Appellate Court Conducts Oral Arguments.

Jan 25 - The appellate court upholds Judge Greer’s ruling to remove Terri's feeding..

Feb. 8 - Motion for an Appellate Court rehearing or clarification - Denied.

Mar 12 - Schiavo petitions to remove Terri’s feeding immediately.

Mar 23 - Florida Supreme Court denies motion with the to review Terri's case.

Mar 22 - Appellate Court issued a 30 day execution stay.

Mar 29 - Judge Greer moves up feeding removal date to April 20, 2001.

Apr 1 - The Appellate Court denies extending Terri's stay of execution.

Apr 12 - Attorney Anderson files motion disqualify Judge Greer.

Apr 16 - Judge Greer denies disqualification motion.

Apr 18 - The Florida Supreme Court refuses to hear Terri’s case & denies Stay.

Apr 19 - The Federal Court claimed the issue was beyond that court's jurisdiction.

Apr 23 - The US Supreme Court refused to hear Terri’s case.

Apr 24 - Terri Feeding was terminated.

Apr 25 - Schiavo bans Terri brother and sister from visiting Terri.

Apr 25 - Schiavo ex girlfriend (Cyndi) reveals Schiavo lied about Terri’s death wishes.

Apr 26 - Judge Greer refuses to hear new evidence about Schiavo’s lying.

Apr 26 - New evidence compels Civil court Judge Quesada to resume Terri's feeding.

Apr 30 - Schiavo files an emergency motion to have Terri's nutritional feeding stopped.

May 7 - Affidavit filed by Dr. Hammesfahr (neurology) states Terri is not in a PVS.

May 7 - Schiavo charged in the Civil Court with fraud.

May 8 - Schiavo ex girlfriend (Cyndi) refuses to testify for fear of Schiavo.

May 9 - The 2nd District Court of Appeals announces "Oral Arguments Hearing" date.

May 11 - Schiavo motion to negate Judge Quesada's order denied.

Jun 1 - Affidavits by five (5) Doctors were filed stating Terri was not in a PVS.

Jun 1 - Schiavo excused from rendering his deposition.

Jun 18 - Schiavo files an affidavit that Terri is in an irreversible vegetative.

Jun 21 - Chief Judge Demers gave Judge George Greer's Court authority to decide whether Terri should have any new medical evaluation or treatment.

Jun 25 - A three-member panel presided at the Appellate Court hearing.

Jul 11 - The Appellate Court ordered Greer court to conduct evidentiary hearings. The court denied Schiavo's attorneys request to order Terri's feeding stopped.

July 23 - Schiavo filed a motion for Judge Greer to immediately stop Terri's feeding.

Aug 7 - Judge Greer totally ignored or rationalized all the evidence presented to him. Orders Terri's feeding stopped on August 28, 2001.

Aug 10 - Attorney Anderson motion to disqualify Judge Greer denied.

Aug 14 - Greer denies request for Conducting Terri Medical Examinations.

Aug 16 - Attorney Anderson files a Notice of Appeal with the 2nd District Appeal Court.

Aug 17 - Judge Greer grants Terri a stay of execution until October 9, 2001.

Aug 20 - Schiavo files with the 2nd District Appeal Court to overrule Judge Greer stay.

Oct 7 - 2nd District Appeal Court orders Terri to be neurological tested.

Oct 23 - Schiavo files a motion to reverse the Appellate Court neurological tests order.

Nov 1 - The 2nd District Court of Appeals denies Schiavo's motion..

Nov 16 - Terri's medical testing plan will be determined before a mediator.

Dec 19 - Attorneys meet with a mediator in an attempt to agree upon the tests .

Jan 18 - Mediated agreement failed, testing is back Greer’s courtroom to be resolved.

Jan 25 - Attorney Anderson petitioned the court for an evidentiary guardianship hearing.

Jan 29 - Judge Greer approved Schiavo's motion to cancel the evidentiary hearing.

Feb 7 - Schiavo files with the Florida Supreme Court to overturn the Appellate Court's October ruling which spared Terri's life.

Mar 14 - The Florida Supreme Court denied Michael Schiavo’s appeal.

Jun 19 - Schiavo objects to the medical and neurological testing.

Jul 1 - Judge Greer conducted a 3+ hr hearing involving three issues:
1. Schiavo’s Plan to Enroll Terri into a Medicaid Program
2 Termination of Schiavo's Attorney Fees
3. Equal Payment for Terri's Examining Doctors

Jul 10 - Court Hearing again was for the purpose of allowing certain medical tests that were requested to evaluate Terri’s true medical and neurological condition.

Jul 12 - Judge Greer ruled -not-to-pay- Terri’s doctors for their professional fees to examine Terri. Notably, in a previous hearing, Judge Greer -approved- payment for Schiavo’s doctors fees.

Jul 22 - Judge Greer approved three of Terri’s desired neurological tests and rejected a dozen other.

Aug 28 - Judge Greer established the dates for Terri's trial.

Oct 2 - Schiavo files petition to prohibit the media from seeing Terri’s recent neurological examination videotapes or airing the video’s to the public after they have been presented to the court as evidence.

Oct 2 - Schiavo petitioned the court to authorize Terri’s cremation.

Oct 11-22 Terri’s trial

Nov15 - Judge Greer conducted a hearing in response to a motion Attorney Anderson filed requesting time to investigate recent evidence suggesting Terri’s heart failure may have been caused by physical abuse.

Nov 22 - Greer orders Terri’s starvation death to begin on Jan 3, 2003.

Dec 9 - Attorney Anderson filed a ‘Notice of Appeal’ to the 2nd District Appellate Court.

Dec 9- Attorney Anderson filed a motion with Judge Greer to ‘stay’ the January 3rd feeding termination date.

Dec 10 - Schiavo filed a motion with Judge Greer to strike attorney Anderson’s motion to ‘stay,’ requesting a court hearing to argue his objection.

Dec 13 - Judge Greer acquiesced to Michael Schiavo’s attorney motion to conduct a hearing, which resulted in a ‘stay’ being granted, pending appellate resolution.

Dec 18 - Schiavo filed a motion with the 2nd District Appellate Court to overturn Judge Greer’s December 13th order.

Dec 23 - The 2nd Appellate Court denied Michael Schiavo’s attorney motion to overturn Judge Greer’s December 13, 2002 ‘stay’ order. Furthermore, the Appellate Court established filing dates and scheduled Appellate oral arguments to take place on April 4, 2003.

Guardian Removal Petition Still Pending…
On November 15, 2002, attorney Anderson filed a petition with Judge Greer to remove Michael Schiavo as Terri’s legal guardian. The petition included a declaration of Adversary Proceedings, charging that Michael Schiavo violated a dozen or more specific Florida Statutes while serving in his capacity as Terri’s legal guardian.

Apr - Appellate Court Hearing.

Jun - Appellate Court Upholds Greer.

Jul - Appellate Court Denies Court Review and Stay.

Jul - Appellate Court grants 30 day stay.

Aug - Terri hospitalized under mysterious conditions, denied visits from her priest.

Sep - Emergency hearing to allow visitation and obtain current medical information.

Sep - Michael Schiavo ordered by court to give discharge summary to Terri's parents.

Sep - Judge Greer scheduled October 15, 2003 for the removal of Terri's sustenance.

Oct - 15 Terri's sustenance removed at Hospice Woodside in Pinellas Park, FL.

Oct - 20 Florida Legislature and Senate meet in special session Terri's bill is introduced.

Oct - 21 Terri's bill approved, signed into law. Governor Bush issues executive orderr.

Oct - 23 Michael Schiavo announces plans to sue Governor Bush and challenge Terri's Law as unconstitutional.

Oct - Dr. Jay Wolfson of Tampa, Florida assigned as independent Guardian ad Litem.

Nov - New Guardianship hearing in Sixth Circuit court.

Nov - Disability advocacy groups file Amicus Brief.

Nov - Judge Baird to hear case on Terri's Law. Governor not properly served in suit, appeals venue.

Nov - Governor Bush petitions to remove Judge W. Douglas Baird on suggestion of bias.

Dec - 3 Terri's birthday. Supporters convene at Woodside Hospice. Terri receives more than 1,000 birthday cards and gifts.

Dec - Governor Bush denied discovery in Schiavo v Bush. Governor denied subpoenaing witnesses.

Dec - 20 Guardian ad Litem dismissed by Judge Demers.

Dec - 22 Judge Baird rules that he will issue a summary ruling on Terri's law without a trial. His ruling is withheld until appeals by Governor Bush are ruled upon in the Second District Court of Appeals in Lakeland, Florida.

Jan - 8, Judge Demers denies petition for reinstatement of Guardian ad Litem
http://documents/galdenial010804.pdf

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Holly3278 said:
If she really wanted to die then some form of euthanasia that is quick and painless would be much better if you ask me. Not that I'm for euthanasia. It's just that a quick and painless death would be much more preferable to a prolonged starving death. :(

Re-Read the portion of your post that I quoted.

This is exactly what is hoped for. It is part of the evolution of our minds to accept mans control over death.

May God save us from ourselves. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
If anyone has it in their heart to do... It may be a good time to start praying for Micheal. :crossrc:

Have you any idea how many people would pay to have him killed? Or how many people would do it for free?

If Micheal thought that killing Terri would make his life easier, then I am sure by now he knows differently.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.