Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Terminally-ill scientist with motor neurone disease ‘transforms into world’s first cyborg’ by replacing body parts with machinery

A dying scientist battling motor neurone disease has become the world’s first full cyborg. Dr Peter Scott-Morgan, 61, was diagnosed with the muscle wasting illness two years ago but instead of accepting his fate he decided to transform himself into a robot and extend his life. He said he wanted to push the boundaries of what science can achieve so decided to extend his life and become fully robotic – and he’s now known as Peter 2.0.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Terminally-ill scientist with motor neurone disease ‘transforms into world’s first cyborg’ by replacing body parts with machinery

A dying scientist battling motor neurone disease has become the world’s first full cyborg. Dr Peter Scott-Morgan, 61, was diagnosed with the muscle wasting illness two years ago but instead of accepting his fate he decided to transform himself into a robot and extend his life. He said he wanted to push the boundaries of what science can achieve so decided to extend his life and become fully robotic – and he’s now known as Peter 2.0.

That's disturbing :(

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And again, as reported by The Sun.

Terminally-ill scientist with motor neurone disease 'transforms into world's first full cyborg'

Peter has embraced his transition to a digital voice, tweeting: "This is my last post as Peter 1.0.

"Tomorrow I trade my voice for potentially decades of life as we complete the final medical procedure for my transition to Full Cyborg, the month I was told statistically I would be dead.

"I'm not dying, I'm transforming. Oh, how I love science."

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That's disturbing :(
Also completely wrong. He's not becoming a cyborg, he just made a body double that he's remote-controlling with eyetracking software like it has been used for years.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also completely wrong. He's not becoming a cyborg, he just made a body double that he's remote-controlling with eyetracking software like it has been used for years.

You read it wrong, friend. HE is transforming. No other avator -- him.

“Almost everything about me is going to be irreversibly changed - body and brain.

“It goes without saying that all my physical interaction with the world will become robotic. And naturally, my existing five senses are going to be enhanced.

“But far more importantly, part of my brain, and all of my external persona, will soon be electronic - totally synthetic.

“From then on, I’ll be part hardware, part wetware, part digital, part analogue.

“And it won’t stop there: I’ve got more upgrades in progress than Microsoft. Mine isn’t just a version change. It’s a metamorphosis.”

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You read it wrong friend. HE is transforming. No other aviator -- him.

“Almost everything about me is going to be irreversibly changed - body and brain.

“It goes without saying that all my physical interaction with the world will become robotic. And naturally, my existing five senses are going to be enhanced.

“But far more importantly, part of my brain, and all of my external persona, will soon be electronic - totally synthetic.

“From then on, I’ll be part hardware, part wetware, part digital, part analogue.

“And it won’t stop there: I’ve got more upgrades in progress than Microsoft. Mine isn’t just a version change. It’s a metamorphosis.”
I think this is way past keeping a positive outlook and far into the territory of self-delusion.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think this is way past keeping a positive outlook and far into the territory of self-delusion.

I think it's creepy. Why would anyone want to live forever in this lifetime? Boggles the mind.

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think it's creepy. Why would anyone want to live forever in this lifetime? Boggles the mind.
I would. Lots of fun to be had, lots of things to experience, places to see, people to meet. Books to read, sciences to learn, trades to master.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
But you stop being human. You are no longer God's creation. Bye-bye heaven.

Why trade heaven for the fallen world and decaying body?
I don't believe in your god.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Question for you: why do self-proclaimed atheists hang out on Christian forums? I am truly curious.
To expose myself to thinking different from my own and get some kind of feel for where the religion that has the largest impact on my life stands on various issues.

That and the odd bit of FSTDT live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Very cool. I appreciate the response. :)

I understood all except for the acronym above. :(
A website that aggregates the more outlandish things that fundamentalists say.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
Don't people watch TV? This will not end well....

p029sh8w.jpg

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Question for you: why do self-proclaimed atheists hang out on Christian forums? I am truly curious.
That question gets asked on here at least once per month. Just search the answers.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That question gets asked on here at least once per month. Just search the answers.

No need, darling, I got an actual response. In real time, and from the person to whom I posed the question. Scroll up, you can read it for yourself. :wave:

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No need, darling, I got an actual response. In real time, and from the person to whom I posed the question. Scroll up, you can read it for yourself. :wave:
There are more atheists on here, and everyone has his own answer.

Upvote 0