Beloit, Wisconsin
✟8,097.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Here are ten random questions that came to mind. I know these questions have been asked before, but please bear with me.

1. Do you feel that you have have a personal relationship with God?
2. What experiences have you had with God?
3. Do you feel that God has proven Himself to you?
4. Do you believe that God interferes with events on Earth?
5. How closely does modern Christianity follow the teachings of Jesus?
6. Do you believe that Satan actively interferes with peoples lives, causing them to sin?
7. Is the Bible open to interpretation?
8. Do you believe you possess an eternal spirit?
9. What is your interpretation of Heaven?
10. What is your interpretation of Hell?

Thanks in advance,
Cian

Llauralin

Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Cian said:
A bit; not so much as I'd like - I' a rather sinful being

Not quite sure

He doesn't have to; do not test the Lard your God.

Yes, definatly

Some branches more, some less; none perfectly.

6. Do you believe that Satan actively interferes with peoples lives, causing them to sin?
Tempting, but not causing - there's a difference.

Well...not quite sure what you mean - it is difficult enough that one must interprate the Bible to some extent, but not all are true. IMO the Bible should be interprated within the context of the Church, and what thone in the Church have always held it to mean.

Yes, but not in and of myself; only by living in Christ.

God's infinate love and life experienced as bliss by those who love Him and accept the forgiveness He offers - not necessarily a place.

Hatered, isolation from God and others, rejection of God's grace and mercy, selfishness, divine love experienced as fire and torment - not necessarily a place.

God Bless!
:wave:

Upvote 0

mahuD

Aug 24, 2005
p'boro uk
Visit site
✟7,631.00
Faith
Non-Denom

God is very much a part of my life.

i think the strongest experiences I have is the joy I feel, and the desire for things that are good that come out of that deep sense of joy...hmmm, kinda difficult for me to put into words. i think these are my most tangible experiences. Also a growing sense of love and care for people, which i never used to have. The times when I'm struggling to get close to God, and am following my own desires, i really lose this sence of love, and I kind of get hardened, and lose this joy, so I find it very easy to idenify this stuff as a God experience. :)

Yeah I do. God has been ultra gracious to me. There was a time when i didn't believe and he somehow...magically...gave me the ability to believe in him.

He has given me so much and keeps showing me what's important in life, esp' the importance of loving human relationships, which is something he is constantly teaching me, lol.

Hmmm...i don't think God interferes as such...i believe that he is totally in control of everything at a higher spiritual level..sounds kinda vague...but that's my understanding. I read once that not a single molecule in universe is outside of God's control. everything, all cause and effect, good and evil, flows as God causes it to flow, and in the end, it will all be for his glory. God is the grand alchemist who can turn even the most evilest of acts into the greatest good, you've just gotta believe and trust him.

I believe that there are many Christians in today's world who truly desire and strive to follow Jesus and the things he taught.

Whereas God is in complete control of everything from eternity, Satan has complete control of the realm of temporality, that is the created order. No one born into this world can escape sin and it's effects.

difficult question to answer for me. i don't think you can always use the same methods of interpretation, and sometimes there can be more than one level of truth. We all have different levels of understanding, different perspecives, revelations, etc. Truth is multi-faceted, and we individually catch glimpses of this truth. Together in unity we may see a bigger picture, but only God sees all perfectly, which is why we should not lean on our own understanding.

I don't believe it is right for people to make up their own truth from the Bible though.

yep, i do.

I belive heaven is existing in a state of eternity in unity with God and creation.

Hell is existing outside a state of perfect unity with God and creation. It is the ultimate chaos.

Upvote 0
Aug 7, 2005
At Home
✟8,044.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

1. No
2. None
3. No
4. No
5. Not sure
6. No such thing as Satan(its like the boogey man story your parents told you about)
7. Very much so
8. No
9. There is no heaven
10. See answer to question 9 and replace heaven with hell

Upvote 0

Defiance

Aug 30, 2005
"The Great South Land of the Holy Spirit" (a.k.a.
✟15,314.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Hi Cian,

Depends on how personal you define 'personal' as. I think its improving - but it isn't as much as I would like it to be. Story of my life. :sigh: ;)

I don't have any mushy kind of experiences. By you know when you just get that sad and depressed and all you can do is just go into bed and cry? I've had a few of those and I just feel like a strong sense of comfort come over me. Is that God? I don't know, but when you feel as worthless and depressed as you do when you are like that, it's highly unlikely that you would find comfort out of despair and sadness.

Apart from him dying for my sins that I deserve to have taken the punishment for? Yeah. One really, really weird thing happened recently. I've just recently finished high school and my UAI wasn't all that good (about 65-66) - I didn't study that much (I know, kind of a dumb thing to do) - and I still managed to get into a teaching/science course at university by 0.8 or so UAI points and in addition to that I was also given a bursary and obtained HECS-HELP - all with my ****** marks. Don't ask me how, they must have been low on numbers or something. It doesn't make much sense when thinking in terms on naturalistic unless there is some logical reason, so I'm inclined to believe that God was providing for me. It just seems to much to be a mere coincidence.

I've also had quite a few close calls when driving (some were my fault, others were not - I've never actually been involved in a crash) and a few in which I thought I was toast, but I've escaped all almost having a heart attack in the process. Either I'm just overly lucky or unconsiously skilled or God or an angel's watching over me keeping me safe.

As I look back over my life, I can see how many times I should have died and how many times God's provided for me and blessed me, and how he's been working at changing my attitude (which is an on-going and perhaps somewhat frustrating (for God) task that he is doing) through many circumstances I've experienced. I just can't help but feel that he's got something good planned for my life - but I have to do my part and put the effort in.

Some things he does; please read The Heavenly Man by Chinese Christian brother Yun and you'll see many, many examples of where God has intervened in his life. For example, God appeared to blind the Chinese prison guards and allowed brother Yun to escape from one of China's most heavily guarded prisons (he walked straight past a few guards and they didn't even notice him walking by - their eyes never tracked him or even looked at him, it's almost as if brother Yun never appeared on their 'scanners'). A thrilling story. There are many other books that talk about God doing miracles in their lives and the lives of others. Just go to your local Christian bookshop and check out a few. But I really do recommend The Heavenly Man - even a non-Christian will enjoy and be fascinated by its contents.

Hmm, this question could cause some arguments. It really depends on how you define 'Christianity.' Here we'll talk about the Protestant churches being 'Christian' and the Cathoics being just that, 'Catholics.' In a sense they're all 'Christians.' Let me say that Protestant churches are heavily based on the teachings of Christ Jesus and the early Apostles including Paul. The Catholics have some weird and non-biblical beliefs, although I believe that they follow most of Christ Jesus' teachings and how his death freed them from their sins. However, I'm not sure that they fully understand the Gospel message and its consequences.

Most of the Protestant churches just argue about silly things like the Sabbath, Baptism, etc, etc, although they all believe Jesus' statements and what he did for us. Some churches follow his teachings more than others - there are some on different ends of the extreme scale. The Baptists came about from taking Jesus' command to "baptise the nations" (I think) too literally.

I believe that Satan interferes with peoples lives today. However, he must ask God for permission before he messes with any Christian - see Job for evidence and also Jesus when he told Peter that Satan had been asking for him by name - and God will never make the temptation and sifting too much for us to bear and he will always make a way out. By being Christians, we are under the personal divine care of God and the devil has to ask for permission before he does anything to the life of a Christian.

Since Satan is not omnipotent (i.e. he isn't everywhere at the same time like God is) he can only test and sift one person at a time. Why, then, do some many people fall into sin? There is a battle going on inside of every person between the spirit and the flesh (not an actual physical battle, but a spirtual battle) in which the flesh is in rebellion against God and his commands. Most people are taken away by their own evil and sinful desires and tempted - that is, they are being tempted by the flesh.

Depends on how much and what interpretation. I mean, whenever you read a book, especially an ancient historical document from a different time, different culture and different everything, you have to interpret what you read and decide on its meaning. Fortunately, much of it is straight forward and thus the interpretation has very few assumptions. Saying that Genesis is not meant to be taken literally without having any proof is not right and is really quite ignorant. For an interpretation to be reputatable and have any chance of being true, it must be consistent with the evidence - and interpretations of the Bible are also bound by this statement. There is no evidence to suggest that Genesis should not be taken literally, therefore an interpretation that says that it is intended to be taken as metaphorical is illogical and is not consistent with the Biblical evidence. Therefore, it is doubtful that it is true.

Since I'm made in the image of God according to Genesis, and he has an eternal spirit, then I guess to resemble him then I would have to have one too. So, yes, I do.

A perfect place where God resides where there is no death, no pain and no suffering. Other than that I can't tell you that much because I haven't been there and don't really know what it's like. The above is just a bit of logical conclusions from Scripture.

I actually believe that when Jesus returns he'll restore this sinfilled creation back to it's original perfect, sinless state, by creating a new heaven and new Earth and God will make his home with man on this new Earth. This is dicussed at the end of Revelation (although I or anyone else is not sure whether we got to heaven or the new heaven and new Earth). This is a debatable point as there is biblical evidence that supports both beliefs.

A lake of burning sulfur removed from God's presence in which those who are/will be there will be tormented for all eternity so long as the righteous enjoy eternal life. Of course, I could be wrong here - but that is my view. I'm inclined to believe that it is a literal place just like heaven but that may change in the future as I look into it more. I'll ask my Christian Studies lecturer next lesson - which is next week.

Upvote 0

Beoga

Sola Scriptura
Feb 2, 2004
Visit site
✟19,681.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Cian said:
Here are ten random questions that came to mind. I know these questions have been asked before, but please bear with me.

Yes. It isn't at where it should be but it is growing day by day.

Don't know what you mean by "experiences," but I have experience extreme joy, hope, peace, hapiness, and comfort in His presence.

Very much so. He opened my eyes so that I could see Him for who He truly is. He has remained faithful each and every. He has given me comfort when I have needed it the most. He has alld me to experience and see the beauty of His creation.

Yes. I believe He is in control and Sovereign over all circumstances. Even natural disasters He causes. He has not left the world to itself but is constantly involved in it.

Isa 45:7 I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things.

It honestly depends on who you look at. I think there many groups withing what is know as Christianity that follow the teachings of Jesus and then there are many groups in what is known as Christianity that do not follow the teachings of Christ.

Yes and no. I believe Satan and His demons can only tempt Christians, not control them. Unbelievers I believe Satan and his demons can control them and thus cause them to sin.

[QUOTE
7. Is the Bible open to interpretation?[/QUOTE]

I think we all possess an "eternal spirit" in that our spirits will continue to go on once we de, whether in Heaven or in Hell.

The best I am can come up with is constantly being in the presence of God without any hinderance. Constant, unstopping worship to Him (though I don't believe that always includes singing)

Thanks in advance,
Cian

That it is a place of extreme torment. I believe this parable gives one of the best descriptions of the torment:
Luk 16:19 "There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day.
Luk 16:20 And at his gate was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores,
Luk 16:21 who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man's table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores.
Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.'
Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner bad things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish.
Luk 16:26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.'
Luk 16:27 And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father's house--
Luk 16:28 for I have five brothers--so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.'
Luk 16:29 But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.'
Luk 16:30 And he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
Luk 16:31 He said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.'"

Hopefully this helps and feel free to ask more questions.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Yes

Dreams, convictions.

Yes

Yes

The Body Of Christ follows Jesus. The question is who is a part of the Body and who is just faking it?

Not cause them to sin but tempts them to sin and attacks them psychologically trying to make them loose hope in their salvation.

No, There is a correct interpretation and the Holy Spirit guides true Christians in that interpretation.

Yes

Gods immediate domain. Not of this universe. kind of like another dimension maybe???

Temporary holding place for those destined for the eternal Lake of fire.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cian said:

Yes.

I am not sure I have had any without God. My experiences of God are pretty much par for the course; sense of presence, guidance, overwhelming joy. I don't know that I can stay angry at any human anymore.

No.

Probably.

Anywhere from very closely to barely at all. It's a pretty broad term.

I don't know.

Yes. In fact, it is simply impossible to do anything with text but interpret it.

I'm not sure. I think I am such a thing, but I don't know.

Heaven is knowing other people, in whom we see the nature of God.

Hell is also other people.

The difference is whether we love them or hate them.

Upvote 0

jnhofzinser

if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed
Jun 17, 2005
✟2,501.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes.

answered prayers; guidance; "connectedness".

yes.

yes.

not very, but God is remarkable patient, isn't he?

unnecessary -- he is too busy laughing at the messes we make on our own.

of course -- but that doesn't mean that all (or most) interpretations are of God.

certainly.

greater connectedness; God's will.

individual autonomy = unconnectedness = loneliness = pain = the consequences of our earthly actions

Upvote 0

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you are truly seeking the truth about God, ask Him to show you. Promise if He shows you himself that you will accept Jesus as your Saviour. Then pray, asking the Holy Spirit to reveal God's truth to you and slowly read thru the Gospel of John, always praying this prayer before you read. Let me know what you find out. And you can always pm me to talk.

Alive Again

1. Do you feel that you have have a personal relationship with God? YES
2. What experiences have you had with God? WELL. i AM NOT CRAZY, BUT BEYOND THE BASICS THAT HAVE BEEN COVERED, DEFINITE ANSWERS TO PRAYER (UNEXPLAINABLE HEALINGS), HEARD GOD'S VOICE-2-3 TIMES (FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD), AND I HAVE TAKEN A NAP IN GOD'S ARMS WHEN I DESPERATELY NEEDED RES-ONCE. NOPE, I AM NOT CRAZY. THESE ARE NOT COMMON OCCURENCES, BUT THEY HAVE HAPPENED.
3. Do you feel that God has proven Himself to you? YES, BUT SPIRITUALLY, NOT IN THE WAY MAN LIKES TO USE THE WORD PROOF.
4. Do you believe that God interferes with events on Earth? INTERFERS? LITERALLY, NO. DOES HE ANSWER PRAYER? ABSOLUTELY-MAYBE NOT WITH A YES, OR A RIGHT NOW, BUT DEFINTELY.
5. How closely does modern Christianity follow the teachings of Jesus? NOT VERY WELL MANY TIMES. WE TRY, BUT WE CAN BE VERY "PHARISEICAL" WE LIKE LISTS TO PROVE WE DO IT RIGHT AND FORGET WE ARE STILL SINNERS AND MAKE MISTAKES, BUT WE ARE FORGIVEN. CHRISTIANITY IS ABOUT A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, NOT A LIST OF RULES THAT WE CANNOT KEEP.
6. Do you believe that Satan actively interferes with peoples lives, causing them to sin? AGAIN, NOT INTERFERES IN THE ACTUAL LITERAL SENSE OF THE WORD. SATAN DOES TEMPT US, BUT HIS POWER IS LIMITED. HE IS NOT OMNISCENT NOR OPMNIPRESENT.
7. Is the Bible open to interpretation? YES AND NO. THE BIBLE HAS ONE MEANING, BUT IT IS SPIRITUAL TRUTH AND MAN CAN INTERPRET IT WRONG. MEN HAVE USED THE BIBLE TO JUSTIFY SLAVERY, BOMBING ABORTION CLINIC, MANY HORRIBLE THINGS. THES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WOTH WHAT THE BIBLE TRULY SAYS. TO UNDERSTSTAND SPIRITUAL TRUTHS YOU NEED THE HELP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, WISDOM FROM GOD.
8. Do you believe you possess an eternal spirit? YES. FROM CONCEPTION INTO ETERNITY. i BELIEVE WE ALL DO.
9. What is your interpretation of Heaven? A LITERAL, REAL PLACE OF FINAL CONQUERING OF SIN, A FINAL RESTORATION OF OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IN THAT WE WILL BE IN GOD'S PRESENCE AGAIN. NO TEARS, NO PAIN, FULLY UNDERSTANDING FOR ALL ETERNITY.
10. What is your interpretation of Hell? A LITERAL, REAL PLACE. FLAMES (LAKE OF FIRE) sEPERATION FROM GOD AND THE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THAT TRULY MEANS. TEARS AND GNASHING OF TEETH. FOR ETERNITY. IT IS NOT GOD'S WILL THAT ANYONE SHOULD GO THERE, BUT WE WERE GIVEN THE CHOICE.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sinner/SAVED

homo unis libri / εραστής της φρόνησης
Dec 3, 2004
Sowega
✟11,386.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Democrat
Cian said:
Yes

To numerous to list. Basically, every breath is an experience with God.

Yes.

I don't think interfere is the proper word to use, but yes, I do believe that God has a hand in happenings on Earth, although not to the extent that many would have you believe. Most happenings on Earth are caused by the stupid, sinful, creatures of Earth.

In some ways very, in others not so very.

A sin can only be committed by the sinner, but yes there is a tempter whose lies can lead one to sin.

Whose?

Yes, the Spirit is in me and the Spirit is eternal.

Nearness to God.

Separation from God.

Upvote 0

LegomasterJC

Sep 9, 2004
Tallahassee Florida
Visit site
✟8,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oooh I like these questions!

Yes, I talk to Him more and more and we draw closer and closer togeather. I learn a lot from Him.

When I was young, I'd pray for clear skies so that I could play racket ball with my dad and brothers. It was cloudy and rainy all around except for that racketball court for 2 hours. (That's only one of the many answered prayers)
I went to Brazil when I was 17 and saw many healings of all sorts take place. But what I got for me was a true heart for worship. Since then I have been praying in the Spirit constantly, continually trying to keep my focus on Him. I've been freed up to be able to dance and sing (not all at the same time) Now I'm working on being able to speak to others out loud about Christ. I may do well typing on the internet but I'm very introverted with personal contact.
He provides my needs daily. He lifts me up.
There are so many things Jesus does for me and so many things still left to do. I love it.

Over and Over and Over...
Not in any theological way.
He's given me wisdom since I asked for it at a very young age. Not that I know all things 'cause I'm just beginning to understand only a small portion.

"interferes?" as if He doesn't have His hand in every good thing? He is the source of all life. Nothing exists without Him. The only reason I take another breath is because of His grace. When he takes away his hand of protection, the Devil and his forces take every chance they have to attack. But we saints can come togeather in prayer, in agreement, and in love, and He will return to us and save us.

There are many people who follow at different levels. There are some like I was just reading a website of a church that was so off Biblical principles that I wanted to throw up. We all have misconceptions that we've been tought by man about the way we should be, act, etc.
Jesus continues to call His people away from the ways of man to the truth. I encourage everyone to delve into the Scriptures asking for wisdom from God so that you can understand what He truely desires.
There are some also that are seeking God with all of their hearts. I like this one:groupray:. Praying togeather in such agreement is so important.

Saten first tempts, second lies to us putting thoughts in our heads, and third (when we agree with him and fall to the temptation instead of resisting him and speaking the truth) Condemns us for not being Righteous. We who are in Christ Jesus must remember to put on the armor of God. We have Christ's Righteousness protects our heart, His salvation protects our mind. Truth to hold up our pants, Our feet are fitted with the readyness to share the Gospel of Peace. He has given us the Sword of the Spirit to fight off the enemey. The Spirit gives us words to speak and reveals all mysteries. And our faith shields us from anything the enemy can throw at us. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you. Christ has already won and He has no power over those in Christ unless they fall into agreement with him.

The Word of the Lord can only be revealed through the Holy Spirit who gives all understanding.

Yes

Heaven is being with God. There's also the heavens that are spoken of in the Bible that refer to the skies and outer space but the Spiritual realm of Heaven is far grander and far larger than anything the universe can mirror. So much Love and Joy.

Eternity away from God, so empty, so tormenting, Enless pit, falling forever, burning in unquenchable fire.
It's a spiritual place as well. Not a very happy one.

Then Death and Hades (sp?) are thrown into the Lake of Fire which is the second death. (that's in Revelation)
Personally, I'd rather be worshiping God forever serving Him and others in Love than to be in such a lonely horrid place.

Upvote 0

dvd_holc

Senior Veteran
Apr 11, 2005
Arkansas
✟12,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes

all of my life

yes

all of existence is his....he does not intervine, but he is the ultimate control entity of the universe. we have free will still...

True Christianity follows Jesus. Images the world have of Christianity aren't always what Christianity is really.

By sending a message and by us listening he gain control of those aspects...

"interpretation"? the bible is a historical and theological book at actually happened. Truly understanding the past helps us understand what the message truly is. We find our place in the story but the story does not necessarily mean the place in which the story meets us.

yes

What the bible states....and also Heaven that will be brought to bear completely on Earth.

What the bible states....And God is God in Hell.

Upvote 0

JJB

Dec 28, 2004
✟4,433.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Cian said:

Thanks in advance,
Cian

1. Yes.
2. Many.
3. Yes.
4. No. The qualification I am throwing in here is with the word "interferes". The world already is His, so no, he is not interfering. He is active and does as He chooses.
5. Follow: not very closely as evidenced by people who call themselves Christians yet have very strange theologies that have little to do with the Bible.
6. Satan is a liar, right from the beginning. He does and can interfere. Yet we are born with a sin nature, so cannot blame everything on Satan.
7. Open to interpretation? Everyone can interpret it in anyway they see fit, doens't mean it's accurate.
8. Yes.
10. Completeness.
11. God's full wrath poured out on disobedience.

Now, Cian, why do you want to know these things? You doing a survey for class or writing a paper or what?

Upvote 0

mishachanito

Sep 2, 2005
✟128.00
Faith
Judaism

A: OF COURSE I DO THATS THE REASON I AM ALIVE

A: GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD
{MY ANSWER IS PROVED BUT STILL FOR YOUR ANSWER .......WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU FELL AND DIDN'T BREAK YOUR HEAD};)

A: CLAY DOES NOT ASK THE POTTER WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE ARE YOU?

A: HOW COME YOU ARE STILL BREATHING ..........IF YOU DO HE DOES INTERFERE.

A: AS CLOSE AS IAM TO YOU .

A: GOD DOESN'T ANYONE TO SIN SO WHO IS LEFT ...........I GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT.........ITS HIM {satan}

A:[BIBLE] IF YOU CAN INTERPRET INTERPRETATION THEN SURELY YOU INTERPRET THE BIBLE.....BECAUSE THE BIBLE IS THE MOTER OF INTERPRETATION......SO HOW CAN YOU SEPARATE IT FROM THE CRAETOR.[/BIBLE]

A: IF I DON'T, I WOULDN'T TYPE THIS.:hug:

A: AS SAID IN THE SCRIPTURES .

A: NOT A GOOD OPINION.:o

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yes. I talk to God often and feel he listens to me.

I changed completely when I accepted Christ as my savior. I was no longer suicidal and my morals changed. I have had peace settle over me after asking for guidance and have "felt" the Holy Spirit in services.

Yes. I have may things happen in my life I can only give Him credit for because they came from nowhere.

I believe God protects and blesses those that worship Him. I don't think he sends floods or earthquakes again non-believers.

I think you have to look at individuals and churches. Some do, some don't. I think as a whole most people are trying to be good followers of Christ.

I believe Satan puts things in our path but that he can only tempt us. We still are the ones who choose to sin.

I think that verses can mean different things to different people depending on where you are in life. I believe the Bible to be the truth and don't try to pick or choose what might be real or just stories.

Yes.

Being in the presence of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost for eternity.

Being separated from the Father, Son and Holy Spirit until the firery pit.

Upvote 0

LegomasterJC

Sep 9, 2004
Tallahassee Florida
Visit site
✟8,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know this is a bit off topic but I'll pull it in somehow.
It's only under Chemical laws that matter can't be created or destroyed. With Nuclear physics laws, Matter can be destroyed creating Energy. Lots of energy (Explosions)
Energy and matter are still physical things in a physical world. All will pass away. There will be a new heaven and a new earth.
The Spiritual is also more real and greater than the physical. It is only by God who is Spirit that people have had severed limbs grow back. These Miracles that are unexplainable by science are only a small amount of evidence that shows God's power.

Upvote 0

Treasurer

May 31, 2005
At home.
✟17,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Question 1, yes I have a personal relationship with the Father because of the Son. I am very thankful that the Lord has sent out messangers into the world so that I might know about Jesus. So that I too could know the truth that has been given since the beginning of time. That Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life, and that no man can come unto the Father except through the Son.

Question 2, the Lord has been very kind to me. I have not known an earthly father. But the Lord has been faithful to me, and been a Father to me. When scriptures say that we may go to the Lord and ask anything of him and he will give it to us, the Lord has always been there for me. There are things way too numerous to mention. But I can give a few instance of a child at least, when the Lord rescued me from danger.

I was with one of my relatives helping my aunt she had a hysterectomy. And I was sleeping on the couch. I was young about ten I think. And my uncle came into the room and crawled on top of me while I was sleeping. I woke up and saw him, it scared him enough and he got off of me. I said I would scream if he didnt get off. Well I ran to the bathroom and locked the door. I put on my clothes and prayed. I watched out the window and I saw him walking by. I waited til I thought he was gone. But when I came out he was sitting in the living room with a gun. He was playing with it and he had bullets in it and was spinning the chamber thingy. I was scared so I went back into the bathroom. I waited what seemed forever. Finally I came back out and he wasnt there. I ran as fast as I could across the highway to my great uncles house and never told anyone. I was so afraid. But amazingly God protected me. Nothing ever happened again. (And do you know, that man was a preacher).

Another time God protected me from danger, I was told to go with my cousin to help him, I didnt think anything of it. He was married with kids and we were going to get his wife. Well he pulled off into the woods in the middle of nowhere. I was scared, but had no idea where we were. The car was so close, if I were to try and get out he would have grabbed me, and I was pretty small and weakly, I didnt know what to do. I didnt want to cry cuz I didnt want to give him the satisfaction of knowing I was afraid of him. So I just sat there and prayed. I didnt move or look at him and prayed. And you know what God did? He made that man start the car up. He started the car up and he drove back to the city. He stopped the car just short of the house, but I knew where I was there. And I for sure could get out there. But something odd happened, he began to confess his sins to me. I didnt really want to hear them, but I just sat there, silent, and prayed. I still didnt look at him. I just prayed and listened. He was a horrible man. He was a rapist and molester. Of his own children and my cousins! I didnt want to hear this! But I sat there and listened and prayed. He started the car back up and drove me to the house. I got out and never went near him again.

God has done some amazing things in my life too. Things that defy imagination. He has given me dreams, to help me learn. He has taught me from the scriptures. He has taught me through my life. He has given me visions. He gives me songs and poetry. There are times when he calms me down when things in my life seem overwhelming. He talks to me with scriptures.

I had gotten into this fight with my brother over a stupid phone. He wanted more minutes, and I didnt want to get them for him. I thought I was right and he thought he was right. So I went out of the house in a storm. I was out walking in the woods, alone. And God spoke to me. Its one of those things like all the sudden you just know why, you are given clarity and vision. Scriptures says eyes to see and ears to hear are both gifts from God. Well God let me see the truth, he let me see why. All at once I knew. I was all right :doh: , you are right, I am wrong, I am sorry. So I turned around, went back in the house, told my brother God told me why you wanted the phone card, come on lets go get it. He looked at me, his mouth I think hit the floor, he got his coat and we went, lol. God is amazing what can I say.

I dont think you got enough room for me to do all ten of these ^_^ . I m a talker.

Question 3, Signs, wonders, miracles. See the thing is, I dont think God needs to prove himself. You either believe or you dont. Faith is something that is inside of you, it isnt external, it is internal. The pharasees had that little argument with Jesus one day, they kept wanting him to give them a sign to prove who he was, to prove he was God. Jesus said, it was a wicked and perverse generation that asked for a sign. Not to mention, look around you! Jesus was healing the sick, raising the dead, and all manor of miracles. It isnt any different for us. Things happen all around us, just because you dont see God doesnt mean he doenst exhist. You just havent accepted it.

I dont need a miracle to believe or a sign, or a wonder. Jesus once said blessed are you because you have seen and believe, but more blessed are those who believe and have not seen. (Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God).

Question 4, Interfere. I wish He would, there are a lot of events in my life I wish he would have butted his nose into. Tell me, Hey dont do that, this and this will happen. Hey that there that will be the worst mistake of your life, you better not do that. Or hey why not do this or this. But noooo He has to let me make fifty million mistakes all on my own, to learn from. Like it will make me a better person or something. Now where have I heard that kind of teaching from? :scratch:

God said his people are a hard headed and stubborn people, even when he does warn them they dont listen. Look at the bible, it is chucked full of places where his people didnt listen to his warnings. They were forever getting punished. God didnt interfere with their decisions, he let them go ahead and do what they wanted to do, but their punishment was that they had to live with the consequenses of their actions, which was what his warnings were.

Which is exactly what he tells us.

Question 5, Now that one there is just judging. And I aint going to do it. Scriptures say you know people by their fruits. Which means: are they living how Jesus taught them to live? or are they living in sin which leads to death?

I do my best to pick up my cross daily, which means I have to die daily, and follow what Jesus taught me every single day. It is not an easy thing to do. Things of this world try to suck you back in. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. But you know what, we can do all things through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Question 6, The only way for Satan to have power over you, is for you to stray into his territory. And that is in the shadows of death. You know the scripture that says: Ye, tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for though art with me.

Satan lerks there. He lays traps and snares and pits. His kingdom is death and grave, the very place Jesus went to set the captives free from. And he has the keys to. That is why Jesus is called the resurrection and the life. When we have Jesus living in us, Satan has no power over us. Because now we have eternal life through Jesus Christ. The only way for him to have power over us is to stray off the path of righteousness. Scriptures say: I will lead you down paths of righteousness for my names sake. And: I am the way the truth and the life. And: Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and light unto my path. And: In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

(And by the way, for that person who thinks Satan is a fictional character or a boogy man. He isnt. Satan was cursed back in the garden. Man was cursed to return to the dust or earth from which he was created. The serpent/satan was cursed to the dust to glide on his belly in it for ever. Well Adam, Eve and Jesus are the only ones I know of from scriptures to have ever seen satan. I think that is why. He was cursed to dwell in death and grave/earth).

Question 7, bible interpretation? Well mmmm. Scriptures say no private interpretations. I believe scriptures were given by the Holy Spirit so interpretation should be by the Holy Spirit.

So then I guess you next question would be how would you know if it was interpreted by the Holy Spirit? Well then dont interprete it, let the scripture speak for themselves. Then you know it was the Spirit ;) .

Question 8, Yes I believe in an eternal Spirit, the Holy Spirit when we are born again.

Question 9, Heaven. There is the Kingdom of Heaven where God dwells.
The heavens, where the stars of the sky are and the planets.
I even think at one time just looking up into the sky was considered heaven I dont know, like the heavens being rolled back like a scroll- may be our sky being rolled back for example??? (And I believe Paul talked about him or someone else being taken to one of the heavens???)

Question 10, Hell. I believe this is a holding place til judgement day. Then it is thrown into the lake of fire with the false prophet, and the beast, and death and grave. Not a wonderful place to be. And I think it is in the earth, spiritually. (Jesus told the pharasee's it was in the belly of the whale - earth. So just because you cant see it doesnt mean it isnt there).

There is a whole nother world right beneath our noses. A spiritual world, both good and evil. Just imagine if you could see it what you would see.

Upvote 0

mortsmune

Veteran
Jun 17, 2005
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟9,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
1. Do you feel that you have a personal relationship with God?
I do not merely feel that I have a personal relationship with God; I am certain of it.

In my 45 years of following Christ, I can say that I have had multitudes, innumerable experiences with God. I have seen the miraculous many times over. I have seen people healed of injuries and sicknesses instantly. I myself have been healed. I have been delivered of evil spirits and have been used by God to deliver many others from evil spirits. More important than those experiences are the daily experiences I have with Him. I experience Him when I minister the Gospel to others, when I see the beauty of all He has made. I experience Him when I pray and when I worship Him and sing praises to Him. I experience Him when I read His word. I experience Him even when I am in the midst of trials and hardships. I cannot name all the experiences that I have had with Him.

Without a doubt. He has done so through the things I mentioned above. He proved Himself to me by sending His own Son Jesus Christ who died for all our sins and who rose physically and historically from the dead.

I do. He does not always do so, and when He does, it is not always in a manner that we recognize or understand. But history is full of such examples. Even in the midst of tragedies such as Katrina, there are multitudes of ways in which He has intervened and continues to do so.

"Modern Christianity" is a very broad term. As a whole, I do not think the visible churches do a very good job. However, the true church, which is not always that visible, has always been faithful to Him.

I know that he does interfere with every human life that lives upon the face of the earth. The Bible calls him the "ruler of this world." However, he is not the one who causes us to sin. Sin is our choice, and we are driven to it by our own sin nature (our inborn propensity and tendency to sin). However, Satan and his demons bind us and chain us to our sins and deceives humankind to keep them from repentance and to keep them from the free forgiveness and redemption that was provided by the death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ.

That depends on what you mean. The Bible is made up of words, and words mean things. It can be open to a certain amount of interpretation within the boundaries of certain rules of interpretation. It is one thing to interpret the Bible; it is another thing to twist it. It must be understood within the context of its cultural and historical background as well as the laws of semantics and linguistics. One must not simply interpret the Bible in whatever way one desires.

Yes, I do, and so do you and every human being. Jesus’ resurrection was good evidence of that.

It is what the Bible says. Basically is someplace (I don’t know where) where God’s throne is. It is a place that is untouched by the sin that plagues Earth. It is a place that is eternal and without sorrow or pain or death or any wrong or unrighteousness. It is where the angels of God dwell. It is the eternal realm where those who are redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ, shall live and reign as co-heirs with Jesus Christ forever as the adopted sons and daughters of God.

It also is what the Bible says. It is a place of eternal punishment and separation from all relationships, especially from a relationship with God. There are two entities in the Bible that are often referred to as hell. One is Hades, which is the abode of the unrighteous, unforgiven dead currently. It is sometimes called the underworld and is spoken of as a place of torment. It is not the final resting place of the unrighteous dead. The other entity is the Lake of Fire. This is the final, eternal place of the unrighteous, unforgiven dead. It was originally created for Satan and his evil cohorts, but it will also be the final abode of those who die without receiving God’s free salvation through faith in Christ.

Upvote 0