Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Right now, in the eastern US, it's about 10:00pm. Chances are, if you're not asleep right now, you're just chilling with your phone or laptop or TV. Which is fine; God built is in such a way that down time is good for our bodies, which are temples of His Holy Spirit.

Even so...a little too much down time is a problem. We know this instinctively; spend a few hours watching TV, and that feeling of unfulfillment afterwards is a good cue that we were made for more. If only there was something more meaningful to do...if only there was a way to do the noblest of duties, that of spreading the news that eternal life is offered to all, in this quiet time of winding down after a long day.

You may be familiar with random chat rooms. Some are websites, some are apps, but either way, these are places where people go for human contact when human contact is hard. Sometimes, it's just to do something fun. But from my experience, I went to these random chat rooms years ago as a little cry for help, when I was feeling very lonely. And random chat rooms became very popular during the pandemic!

Some people are called to be missionaries to the military; some are called to be missionaries to a particular religious group. But all of us, with a little free time & decent Internet, can be missionaries to the lonely. Now not everyone comes to these chat rooms out of loneliness...but lonely or not, these are people who want some kind of conversation. I assure you that quite a few ditch you as soon as you mention anything religious; count it all joy, you just got rejected like Christ was by so many. But maybe those are the ones who need it most. Simply being kind & present when we bear the name of Jesus carries a lot of weight. Pray for success, for yourself & for all of us, and take a leap of faith.

Here's an article that talks a little about chat rooms. You can use one of the rooms mentioned in the article, or look up some more to go be a very limited, but very real missionary for Christ. What, do you have something better to do?

Peace to you all.

Reactions: Joined2krist

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't see it as limited. In talking to one person, you're sharing with all the people reading the conversation. There's the possibility of reaching hundreds of people at once.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

It is easier now. But sadly many times opportunities are missed because many who identify as christian believers, believe and share a works based salvation message.

They rarely even mention receiving Eternal Life, but instead focus on repenting of sins or committing their life to Jesus or accepting Jesus sacrifice on the cross and accepting Jesus as Lord and Savoir or something like this.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟80,729.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too many believers do spend too much time filling in their life with worldly things. Relaxing and enjoying themselves.
A. W Tozer said, "It has always been difficult to understand those evangelical Christians who…say they serve the Lord, but they divide their days as to leave plenty of time to play and relax and enjoy the pleasures of this world. They are at ease while the world burns."
So do not be at ease while the world burns. People are dying without Christ, and we are letting it happen. Figure out ways of sharing the Gospel. And then make your downtime something of use. So, listen to a sermon or read a book that will teach/edify/build you up in Christ. Become a weapon that Christ can use.
Chat rooms are a good place to start to learn how to share the Good News. If you do not know the answer to a question, you can then look it up on the net. You have more time to answer in chat rooms compared to face to face. So, there is less need to panic if someone throws you a curly one.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) reaching out to the lost are we? Even here? Many Atheist's here. Now what "other believers" are doing or not doing I don't know them. I would have to run with speculation which is unwise. Might be wise to speak words of life since we don't know and encourage and uplift. Yet I would be talking about kids, children that belong to a GOD.. not sure how He likes that. I found He always tends to look right back at me...what are you doing?....

One thing to remind believers to share with others what Christ has done for you. If you never have praise GOD ... lean on Christ.. ask Him to help you. Know He is not against you not mad at you not a evil God. "But I never did this or that".. Ok praise God its ok just talk to Him see not one of us can walk this walk with out leaning on trusting in Him. Even a simple smile. The best part of a story is the girl having a really bad day yet is a Christian and goes to a story she didn't want to .. just traffic and what not so she went to this other story where she didn't want to go to. Hmm wonder if someone else planned that. Anyway the woman at the cash register noticed how the girl smiled at here and she thought she must be a Christian. Anyway because of that one tiny smile at the wrong store that woman at the cash register got saved that next weekend.

As Sarah laughed God said.. what is to hard for the lord?

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you all for your replies. 4 different angles on the same thing I brought up, but all encouraging to do it & challenging me to do it well. Thank you, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0