Nov 25, 2016
UK
✟10,488.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

Had a strange experience and wanted to get some advice?

I was chatting to my 5 year old daughter about her school and learning her numbers and I wanted to change the subject to something else. So I thought in my head and these words in my head "Talk to her about what heaven is like" then right away she said "Daddy what does heaven look like?" Took my by surprise as we were not anything like on the subject.

So was worried as Telepathy is not something of God. Maybe a coincidence or maybe something else? Wondering what peoples thoughts are from a Evangelical Biblical point of view?

Reactions: GTW27

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello all,

I was chatting to my 5 year old daughter about her school and learning her numbers and I wanted to change the subject to something else. So I thought in my head and these words in my head "Talk to her about what heaven is like" then right away she said "Daddy what does heaven look like?" Took my by surprise as we were not anything like on the subject.

So was worried as Telepathy is not something of God. Maybe a coincidence or maybe something else? Wondering what peoples thoughts are from a Evangelical Biblical point of view?
I think it can come from either source, or that has been my experience with it anyway, and I have those kinds of experiences a lot, and all of the time, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wondering what peoples thoughts are from a Evangelical Biblical point of view?
My first thought is that the Holy Spirit was prompting you to change gears (but I don't know how Calvinists view the Holy Spirit).

It is okay the He knew what she was getting ready to ask. He even may have prompted it. ;)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My first thought is that the Holy Spirit was prompting you to change gears (but I don't know how Calvinists view the Holy Spirit).

It is okay the He knew what she was getting ready to ask. He even may have prompted it. ;)
I would agree with this, that in your, or in this specific example/experience @judge2 that it is or was probably a good spirit/Spirit, I'm still working on "discernment" with mine, as mine have been so frequent at times, and from so very many different sources and all at once and at the same time (sometimes), etc, that this has been very difficult for me sometimes, etc...

But this one sounds "pure", etc...

No malevolence, or ill intent, etc...

Some are not so lucky sometimes though...

And, it's your daughter, and she's just a little child, so...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...So was worried as Telepathy is not something of God. Maybe a coincidence or maybe something else? Wondering what peoples thoughts are from a Evangelical Biblical point of view?

I wouldn’t worry about this. You got both the same idea and I think the subject was good. Because the subject was good, I believe it can be from God. But I don’t think it was telepathy, because in that person would read someone’s mind, which I don’t think happened in this case.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello all,

Were you looking up at the time? Did she read the expression on your face?

Yet, God works in mysterious ways, as well as in our expressions and thoughts.
TD:)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

There are passages where the bible says Jesus knew their thoughts and then responded to them.

Mt 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
Lu 6:8 But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.

Since regenerate people have the same nature as Jesus within them, the possibility exists to also know other's thoughts.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

Telepathy is not a real gift or ability humans have between each other. What is real is the fact that angels can give you thoughts and it is possible for an angel to give you and your daughter the same idea at the same time.

An angel can give you a thought and can know that they gave it to you and that therefore you just "thought that". But they cannot read your actual thoughts - though they can make good guesses in that regard.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

The thoughts of man are ever before The Lord, and on the other hand, the enemy himself can not read our minds.(thoughts) This was The Lord's doing as He loves it when we share about Him to the little ones. It also builds your faith as to hearing His voice.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So was worried as Telepathy is not something of God.
If telepathy exists (I'm personally agnostic on the subject) then it's part of God's design.

Maybe a coincidence or maybe something else? Wondering what peoples thoughts are from a Evangelical Biblical point of view?
Most likely explanation is coincidence. Dunno about the "evangelical", but there doesn't seem to be any Biblical position on it pro or con. I'm sure some here will yell "Demons!", but people seem to attribute a lot of magic powers to demons that the Bible mentions nothing about.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the Calvinist view on the Holy Spirit, see the Nicene Creed. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It is not us or the other person or people reading our thoughts, but the Spirit/spirit that is within them and the Spirit/spirit that is within us, etc...

And they can prompt us in our minds for these things to coincide, sometimes with one person or more's awareness, and sometimes not, or with neither persons awareness, etc...

But it is not us or the person ourselves/themselves doing any kind of telepathy, etc, but the Spirits that are withing them/us, etc...

We're kind of shocked and surprised a little bit when these things happen, when we are aware of it for a second, etc, but these things are no shock at all to the Spirit/spirits, and is going on an happening with them with us all of the time, etc...

It is only sometimes that we are let in on it, or are allowed to see it, or know about it, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,786.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Way back in my early Christian years when I was running around trying to sort out some spiritual issues, I remember a comment one Presbyterian pastor made. He had a ministry looking after street kids.

He said "There's a very strange psychic world out there."

I also remember a story my old Protestant pastor told me. He had a farmer friend who told him about an Aboriginal foreman he employed. One day the foreman came to the farmer and said "Sorry boss, but I have to go to the (aboriginal) camp site". The boss was a bit irritated as there was work to be done, but he knew the foreman well enough that he trusted him.

When the foreman got back to the camp it was in uproar. Apparently some kid had broken an arm or leg, and they were all panicking. So he arranged for someone to take the kid to hospital, kicked a few backsides, calmed everything down and went back to work. But the farmer was puzzled by how the foreman just knew there was trouble in the camp.

I suppose it was a case of the Aboriginal bush telegraph. Papua New Guineans had it as well.

BUSH TELEGRAPH, TELEPATHY—OR WHAT? - Mysterious Incidents Among Papuan Tribes. - Burra Record (SA : 1878 - 1954) - 22 Sep 1936

The storekeeper related an experience of his own. 'I was doing a short patrol in 1915, inland from Abau. We were camped for the night on a razorback, to get some rest away from the mosquitoes. My corporal came to me and said there had been a fight near the Fly River and his brother was among the killed. In answer to a query of mine, he said no whites were concerned in the fight. His story proved, later, to be correct.'

In the case of the OP and his daughter, it may have been mere coincidence. It may have been God or an angel influencing their thoughts. Or it may simply have been one of those "strange psychic" events that sometimes occur between people who are closely related. Identical twins often claim to have had experiences which reflect something happening to the other twin, even if they're a long way apart.

Upvote 0