Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If I had telepathy and no morals, oh the money I could make. I could chill near a bank and as people come up I could get their info and write it down. A few days later I could come back and withdraw a personal fortune from the 1,000 or so people who passed me. If they don't have cameras near the ATM, it would be the perfect crime. I could easily make millions every day. I could be a multibillionaire by the end of the year.

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Norseman said:
If I had telepathy and no morals, oh the money I could make.
*brainstorms* :evilgrin: I could make a killin' at Vegas, that's for sure. :D

Telekinesis would be awesome, too. Waiting in line would be much faster. :cool:

Upvote 0

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hydra009 said:
*brainstorms* :evilgrin: I could make a killin' at Vegas, that's for sure. :D

Telekinesis would be awesome, too. Waiting in line would be much faster. :cool:

Vegas, unfortunately, knows enough that if someone's winnning too much it's time to give them the boot.

Upvote 0

Joemmm

Feb 4, 2020
Genave
✟17,138.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it is a load of $%#^ (self-censored).

Please tell me what possible mechanism causes this action at a distance. I always here fansical statements from these ESP types about quantum mechanics that only show that they don't understand quantum mechanics but are hoping their invocation will be able to fool the gullible.

can you then explain quantum entanglement

Upvote 0

Joemmm

Feb 4, 2020
Genave
✟17,138.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If this were true, I would like to know exactly what kind of stimuli and "responses" these cells were giving and getting. What could make cells from the mouth react? Are we supposed to believe that our DNA are sending little radio signals to each other? That's the only thing that could possibly distinguish one person's cells from another, unless there's some kind of mystic energy field in all of us.

It sounds a bit like two other experiments I've read about combined. Apparently, cells from the heart will continue to pulse even after they have been seperated. If placed in a petri dish, they will eventually sync up with eachother. Also, it has been found, I have no idea how, that a certain type of particle (I forget which) and its anti-particle, even if seperated by incredible distances, are always linked to each other. Set one spinning in a certain direction, and the other will follow suit. It's supposed to be some sort of mind-boggling quantum thing.

If this is made up, could they be playing off those two findings?

yes and that is called quantum entanglement
electrons beam emitted from the same source do change their rotation direction in sequence of each other even if the distance separating them are the same daimeter of the universe

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,641.00
Faith
Atheist
can you then explain quantum entanglement

electrons beam emitted from the same source do change their rotation direction in sequence of each other even if the distance separating them are the same daimeter of the universe

This thread has been dead, lo, these 15 years. Nobody on this page (preceding our posts) has been seen here for a decade.

Please don't resurrect dead threads.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,369.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
This thread has been dead, lo, these 15 years. Nobody on this page (preceding our posts) has been seen here for a decade.

Please don't resurrect dead threads.
The hope is that the former participants in the thread will be alerted to the new activity via quantum entanglement. I know this because I am clairvoyant, or will be by next Friday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do our brains possess the power for telepathy and telekinesis?

ive read of people who claim to have had these powers...even though they didnt last that long.

i read this ....

~Telekinesis - Unexplained - IN SEARCH FOR TRUTH

so what do you think?

Given that the source you present is based on the "We only use 10% of our brain" myth, I'd say it's completely wrong.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The hope is that the former participants in the thread will be alerted to the new activity via quantum entanglement. I know this because I am clairvoyant, or will be by next Friday.

Or, they could be waiting for the site to give a reply notification of some sort. Not that I know how that works, since I only log in to post (and that hasn't happened to many times -- see total), and even when I do, I ignore the "tool bar". I wouldn't even read this site if I couldn't use ad-, cookie-, tracker-, and script blocking; it's just so awful without them.

Then again, clairvoyance might work better...

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is this the record for the oldest necro thread here?

Almost 15 years old this one is.

The oldest thread in this section that is still open was last posted in back in 2002. I could go and necro that thread, claim the record for myself... ;)

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟327,089.00
Faith
Atheist
JFYI, the limited quantum non-locality of entanglement does not allow the communication of classical information (see the No Communication Theorem), so it is of no help to claims of telepathy.

If you wish to discuss the topic further, I suggest starting a new thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joemmm

Feb 4, 2020
Genave
✟17,138.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
JFYI, the limited quantum non-locality of entanglement does not allow the communication of classical information (see the No Communication Theorem), so it is of no help to claims of telepathy.

If you wish to discuss the topic further, I suggest starting a new thread.
perhaps I did not phrase it scientifically right

China’s quantum satellite achieves ‘spooky action’ at record distance | Science | AAAS

but China has made use of quantum entanglement to make eavesdrop -proof communication
things might find a work around to the theory of non-communication.
however my point is that there is a lot of un-known science (to us) that might explain telepathy or telekinesis

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟327,089.00
Faith
Atheist
perhaps I did not phrase it scientifically right

China’s quantum satellite achieves ‘spooky action’ at record distance | Science | AAAS

but China has made use of quantum entanglement to make eavesdrop -proof communication
things might find a work around to the theory of non-communication.
No, entanglement allows tamper-proof communication because any attempt to measure the entangled particles breaks the entanglement, which can be detected. But entanglement can't be used to send information for that very reason - when you generate an entangled pair you don't know which particle is in which complementary state, all you know is that they are complementary, and you can't find out which is which without breaking the entanglement. There is also the practical problem that entangled particles can only travel at light speed or slower... so, no.

however my point is that there is a lot of un-known science (to us) that might explain telepathy or telekinesis
As I said previously, there probably are particles and forces yet to be discovered, but if so, they're either too short-range or too weak to be relevant or significant at human scales - if they were significant enough to be relevant to everyday life at human scales, we would have already discovered them. For a full explanation, watch [this video] from 33 minutes in (the 'this video' link above takes you directly there, but the whole thing's worth watching, as below):

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
  • Agree
Reactions: Joemmm
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
So if someone really believes they are telekinetic, they actually will be?

No, I am not talking about delusion. You actually have to believe telekinesis and psychokinesis is real, then you have to believe it is possible for humans, then you have to believe YOU are capable of doing such a thing.

Because the vast majority of the world is incredulous of such things, very few people would get past the "telekinesis is possible" phase - which is the reality. Humans in general are highly romantic, but when it comes to phenomena they can't understand they scoff and run from it, then build schools of thought to keep themselves in blissful, non-thrratening ignorance. That would be fine except that people who exploit humans also exploit their lack of belief in anything unable to perceive or see (including religious persons).

Our human lack of imagination, and our dogged adherence to the ignorance of the status quo is what prevents humans from "growing up". Telekinesis is one facet of reality that laypersons enjoy entertaining but wouldn't dare accept.

Reactions: Joemmm
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.