✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Sure. Totally convincing.

All you've got a grandiose claims, and when it comes time to back them up, you hide from the challenge. You've got nothing and I think you're making excuses because you know you;ve got nothing.

Then you should be fine with me not giving you anything. Instead you are perturbed enough to continue your condescension.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
You opened that post with these words:
That seems about as close as you can get to saying in your world view the non-believers are not important, they are not worthy. And you wouldn't want to waste time on someone who wasn't worth it, or worthy of your investment of time. But, c'est la vie, you tell me I'm wrong.

It doesn't. I was interested in the pathology of your mindset, which I think you understand appears delusional to some. The alternation of claims, increasing in magnitude, with refusal to share "the secrets", for which you dropped tentative hints, was suggestive, though not conclusive.

What a bizarre misunderstanding of how sceptical thinking and rational thought are applied. CF is a treasure trove of the unusual. I have been convinced of many things that I was most strongly opposed to because that is where the evidence pointed. Frankly, any other approach is insane, and certainly not proper behaviour for an adult. (I mention adults, only because you seem to have a thing about them.)

I experimented with telepathy, clairvoyance, telekinesis, seances, and the like quite extensively in my youth. (I wasn't yet an adult, so perhaps you think that shouldn't count.)
Now, would you care to give the contact details for one of these "well-funded think tanks", or "private labs" who offer literature on genetic manipulation? Couldn't you just point me to the peer reviewed journal this literature was published in? Ah, but they are "private labs". Of course.

As a matter of courtesy, if I make an assertion on a forum and am then questioned on it, I don't waffle, I do my best to provide answers. Of course, since you are an adult, I don't expect to be able to convince you that that would be the courteous thing to do.

Yes. I rather think there is.

Like I said, intellectual trolls are easy to spot on these forums, and on the internet. I said exactly what I meant; your perception is yours.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,997.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Then you should be fine with me not giving you anything. Instead you are perturbed enough to continue your condescension.

Just pointing out that you come into a discussion forum and yet you seem to have no intention of backing up the outlandish claims you make. Given that you seem to have no interesting in supporting your claims, I have to wonder why you bother to make them in the first place.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Just pointing out that you come into a discussion forum and yet you seem to have no intention of backing up the outlandish claims you make. Given that you seem to have no interesting in supporting your claims, I have to wonder why you bother to make them in the first place.

Perhaps I just don't want to converse with you. Originally you were already on ignore, but I kept seeing people seem to respond to nothing or something kind of related to a post I made - and I decided to give you a response. You can always ignore me, especially if you are confused about my intentions in any way.

There are many on these forums who I don't mind, and even enjoy talking to - and I don't agree with any of them all of the time.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,997.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps I just don't want to converse with you. Originally you were already on ignore, but I kept seeing people seem to respond to nothing or something kind of related to a post I made - and I decided to give you a response. You can always ignore me, especially if you are confused about my intentions in any way.

There are many on these forums who I don't mind, and even enjoy talking to - and I don't agree with any of them all of the time.

Just out of curiosity, what was it I said or did that made you decide to put me on ignore?

And I'm not confused about your position.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Like I said, intellectual trolls are easy to spot on these forums, and on the internet. I said exactly what I meant; your perception is yours.
So, you cannot address any of my points, other than to deny that you are an intellectual troll. (Incidentally, I think you are half right about that.)
  • No, contact details for the well funded groups investigating these extraordinary powers.
  • No citations to the research literature created by the private labs.
  • No acknowledgement that the evidence of your own words points to a patronising attitude to any who ask you for that kind if information.
  • No defence of your peculiar epistemological assertion that adults behave like petulant children who only believe what they want to believe.
  • No apologies for failing to provide the support for your claims that forum rules, internet etiquette and common courtesy demand.

It seems you came to this knife fight with a bus ticket home.

Enjoy the ride.

• Haha
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
So, you cannot address any of my points, other than to deny that you are an intellectual troll. (Incidentally, I think you are half right about that.)
  • No, contact details for the well funded groups investigating these extraordinary powers.
  • No citations to the research literature created by the private labs.
  • No acknowledgement that the evidence of your own words points to a patronising attitude to any who ask you for that kind if information.
  • No defence of your peculiar epistemological assertion that adults behave like petulant children who only believe what they want to believe.
  • No apologies for failing to provide the support for your claims that forum rules, internet etiquette and common courtesy demand.

It seems you came to this knife fight with a bus ticket home.

Enjoy the ride.

Perhaps I just don't want to converse with you. I wouldn't have known you responded to me unless I showed ignored posts.

You see our exchange just based on your want for a debate or discussion? I wouldn't waste the energy to show you anything, and that is why you have been on ignore.

Every once in a while, I reveal ignored responses since it gets hard navigating the thread seeing people respond to seemingly nothing. I figure if I forget why I put someone on ignore, it wasnt that big of a deal. The few times I reveal them, however, remind me of why I ignored the individuals in the first place. Your situation is no different. You don't even realize how depleting you are, and why it would be useless to explain anything to you - despite your almost blind demand for explanation. Just my opinion - so you can feel better and stop responding.

I hope this makes sense to you, because I am not explaining further.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Just out of curiosity, what was it I said or did that made you decide to put me on ignore?

I don't remember; you were one of the first people I ignored from a while ago. You didn't *do* anything... this is the internet. You clearly said something.

Even if I did know I wouldn't tell you, because I don't want to go back and forth about it with you.

And I'm not confused about your position.

Oh, then you should know exactly why I wouldn't explain or present evidence of psionics to you (or on these forums). There should be no problem.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
How about if someone is utterly convinced they are immune to poison? If they are so convinced, will they be able to drink poison and remain unharmed?
I’d give them advantage on their saving throw.

• Haha
Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Most people have a latent ability already, but never sharpen it because they have been led to believe it is weird, or it is socially unacceptable to speak about. I don't practice any exercises; I am not psionic.
Have they? If someone really was psionic they would be able to make millions.

After all, there are hordes of people purporting to be psionic bilking people every day.

The idea that every single ‘real’ psion hides it due to fear of some ab reaction from ‘normies’ is ludicrous.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps I just don't want to converse with you. I wouldn't have known you responded to me unless I showed ignored posts.

You see our exchange just based on your want for a debate or discussion? I wouldn't waste the energy to show you anything, and that is why you have been on ignore.

Every once in a while, I reveal ignored responses since it gets hard navigating the thread seeing people respond to seemingly nothing. I figure if I forget why I put someone on ignore, it wasnt that big of a deal. The few times I reveal them, however, remind me of why I ignored the individuals in the first place. Your situation is no different. You don't even realize how depleting you are, and why it would be useless to explain anything to you - despite your almost blind demand for explanation. Just my opinion - so you can feel better and stop responding.

The first time I was in Los Angeles I was there barely long enough to change planes before flying on to Hawaii. The second time, I think, I arrived on the direct BA flight from London with the actor Ernest Borgnine. Of course, he was in first class, I was in coach. (We've never met.) I was en route to a course in Sunnyvale where I was first exposed to the wonders of electronic logic circuits: J-K Flip flops, AND gates, 555 timers. That sort of thing.

The third time I'd driven up from Mexico with a friend who had a small yacht moored at Marina del Ray. I wanted to see the L.A. Rams on Sunday. (This was before, not after, they moved to St. Louis.) In the event we went for a jaunt across the Santa Barbara Channel instead, anchored next to an islet crammed with pelicans and sailed back to the marina in the morning.

I don't believe you encountered me on any of those visits, so your misfortune of knowing me didn't begin until you joined CF. Funny how many decisions have such unforeseen consequences. :)

P.S. Your excuses are well structured, but ultimately unconvincing. Press the button. You know you want to. :)

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,997.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

It seems that you make a decision about who you do and do not want to talk with based on who asks you to back up your claims. I asked you to back up your claims, and you didn't want to talk with me anymore. Ophiolite asks you to back up your claims, and now you don't want to talk with them.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟301,997.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, then you should know exactly why I wouldn't explain or present evidence of psionics to you (or on these forums). There should be no problem.

Yes, I do know exactly why you don't explain or present evidence of psionics to me.

Because you don't have any.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I think I know what’s going on here. I think that Kaon had lunch at a certain coffee shop on May 14th!

I think I know what’s going on here. I think that Kaon had lunch at a certain coffee shop on May 14th!

Amazing that a Catholic - whose Savior is a Man who died and was resurrected - would scoff at telekinesis. Anything to fit in with the rest of the lot of humans right? Better to be on the side of consensus: I get it. Everything that is outside the manufactured reality as we know it is ludicrous to humans, especially religious humans.

This is one reason why I wouldn't waste time presenting anything here: people scoff first, then cry about their lack of knowledge later - all the while fighting against the wrong enemies.

Was it just a joke? Everything is a joke to humans (it seems), so it doesn't really matter, but I appreciate you introducing yourself in this way - so early. It saves me a bit of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joemmm
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟240,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Amazing that a Catholic - whose Savior is a Man who died and was resurrected - would scoff at telekinesis.
That's a most unscientific attitude. The post can be interpreted thus:

Let us be cautious when assessing potential psychokinetic events. Such events can be misinterpreted, or can be the product of fraud. Let us be especially sceptical of anecdotal evidence, since most persons faced with the remarkable prove to be unreliable witnesses.

And the message was delivered with humour. It's well to remember that if you cannot laugh at yourself then your audience will do it with redoubled gusto.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Have they? If someone really was psionic they would be able to make millions.

After all, there are hordes of people purporting to be psionic bilking people every day.

The idea that every single ‘real’ psion hides it due to fear of some ab reaction from ‘normies’ is ludicrous.
The usual excuse is that 'it would be wrong' to exploit such powers - which implies that only those of superior moral calibre will have them...

Upvote 0

Joemmm

Feb 4, 2020
Genave
✟17,138.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
for everyone here, this forum is called telepathy and telekinesis; no one has to prove anything. this was mainly to provide guidance not to prove anything. if someone here wants to discuss things that you do not believe in , I guess that is fine as long as s/he did not try to convince you, or fraud you to get any privilege from you

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.