Nov 12, 2008
✟239,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
for everyone here, this forum is called telepathy and telekinesis; no one has to prove anything. this was mainly to provide guidance not to prove anything. if someone here wants to discuss things that you do not believe in , I guess that is fine as long as s/he did not try to convince you, or fraud you to get any privilege from you
This thread was started fifteen years ago. The thread starter only appeared, by their member name, that one time. Their stated aim was simply to enquire as to what people thought about the concept. So, I'm not sure why you felt the need to redefine the purpose of the thread. Explain if you wish.

You might also note that while no one is expected to prove anything*, they are expected - according to forum rules/guidelines - to support any assertions that they make, especially when requested to do so. Some members have been deficient in meeting that requirement.

*Proof would only be applicable in mathematical discussions. All other assertions would require support of reasoned argument and evidence.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
for everyone here, this forum is called telepathy and telekinesis; no one has to prove anything. this was mainly to provide guidance not to prove anything. if someone here wants to discuss things that you do not believe in , I guess that is fine as long as s/he did not try to convince you, or fraud you to get any privilege from you

I have no problem providing an argument or evidence for some people, but I don't have to provide it to everyone just because they beg, them scoff and deride, then not so subtlely try to insinuate a lack of understanding or willingness to follow the rules.

Those are intellectual trolling tactics, especially for these forums. And, these people reveal their folly by assuming they are personally owed an explanation (especially if they are on a squelch list).

The projection is pure; I become the elitist for refusing to converse with people I discern don't actually care (or, who just want to argue), but these entities don't realize they aren't owed an explanation (again, especially if they are on a squelch list). I PM people all the time.

Let them talk among themselves; arguing with a fools makes one a fool as well; I just ignore them (but I decided to participate with people clearly responding to my posts - to the usual conclusion/result I expected.)

You can continue to ask me questions, I don't mind, Joemmm. I won't tell you you are stupid, or uneducated. I won't try to use intellectually sophomoric tactics to goad you into a debate you don't want, or need to have. I won't try to get you to emote through text, and then run to the mods with a report. Clearly, this topic is misplaced (psionic ability is not a part of physical life sciences - it is considered metaphysical at best by most).

Last edited:
Reactions: Joemmm
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

256064_6429f71273587ebdde5b1038d8c1ccf4.jpg

This thread is off topic to the forum. AND the site does not allow for this topic. It may have been okay 15years ago but is not now.

This thread is closed!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.