St. Louis, MO.
✟378,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"Nevada Republicans Tuesday picked tea party insurgent Sharron Angle to take on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, marking the start of an epic showdown between a king of Capitol Hill and a conservative renegade who wants to turn Washington on end..."

I think the TP just handed Harry Reid another term. She wasn't the pick of the GOP establishment. She's got some unconventional ideas, to say the least. She once proposed a Scientology-sponsored drug rehab program for state prisoners. She also wants to phase out SS for younger workers. This stuff appeals to a fringe, but how will this play in the general election? Remember, Nevada went Democratic in 2008--largely due to a potent Hispanic vote. Will she have any traction will these voters? Harry Reid is a pitifully weak candidate, but it sure seems the Republicans have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. It'll be a fun race to watch.

Tea party favorite to challenge Reid in Nevada - Decision 2010- msnbc.com

SwordoftheLord

Defender of the Faith
Mar 23, 2009
✟18,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, I am all for the Tea Party, but I didnt think hey were recognized as a national party yet?

will have to look up them both before I make a honest decision though. But if I had to vote based upon party. I would vote Tea Party

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I like some of the Tea Party candidates. Against popular belief, I think Rand Paul would be okay if he learned how to be more positive and less politician. Sorry man, come back in 2014. There's a lot of Tea Party candidates I'm sure are good, honest people.

Sharron Angle is not one of them.

Upvote 0

SwordoftheLord

Defender of the Faith
Mar 23, 2009
✟18,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I like some of the Tea Party candidates. Against popular belief, I think Rand Paul would be okay if he learned how to be more positive and less politician. Sorry man, come back in 2014. There's a lot of Tea Party candidates I'm sure are good, honest people.

Sharron Angle is not one of them.

You me Ron Paul? I am a full supporter of Ron Paul, he was he only candidate I liked for 2010

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
You me Ron Paul? I am a full supporter of Ron Paul, he was he only candidate I liked for 2010

I like Ron Paul. I disagree in a few things that he does. He tends to be a little batty, but that comes with age. He's also got a charm that his son has obviously yet to figure out how to use.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Be a huge bore. She's an "extremist" and she is a "nut" is all Harry Reid has. For months we will hear the Vegas mob, street criminals, teachers, gays, blacks, the SEIU, IBEW ,ACORN and their media outlets scream those charges over and over.

Upvote 0

Goodtry

The Ancient
Apr 22, 2010
✟15,708.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Well, I am all for the Tea Party, but I didnt think hey were recognized as a national party yet?

will have to look up them both before I make a honest decision though. But if I had to vote based upon party. I would vote Tea Party

Indeed. Please vote third party this November.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Be a huge bore. She's an "extremist" and she is a "nut" is all Harry Reid has. For months we will hear the Vegas mob, street criminals, teachers, gays, blacks, the SEIU, IBEW ,ACORN and their media outlets scream those charges over and over.

You need to change your enemies list a bit. ACORN doesn't exist any more.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Too bad "nutty extremist" is not a disincentive to her supporters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harpuia

Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Voegelin's wrong.

Live in this state and you'll know, Angle is known as the "queen of no". She makes "Dr. No" Ron Paul look like a drooling sycophant. She says no on bills that people UNANIMOUSLY vote yes. The most popular vote in Nevada during the early 2000's was "41 to Angle"... on cleanup bills.

Then again, I guess "99 to Angle" just sounds catchier to her supporters.

Upvote 0

TheGuide

Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And they will be effective. Is that your point?

Upvote 0

Saving Hawaii

Sep 6, 2008
Chico, CA
✟5,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Somebody sounds upset that his dream of taking over Washington and sticking it to the middle class is being washed down the drain right now.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

hmmm so in your mind:gays, blacks, teachers, electricians and union members are the same as Vegas mobsters and street criminals? :sorry:
tulc(good to know) :wave:

Upvote 0