It is what it is.
Sep 13, 2004
Maine
✟28,951.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
While there is no specific teaching on tatoos there certainly would be concerns if the tatoo was offensive to the faith but barring that I don't believe there would be an issue.

I find tatoos kind of disgusting personally. What I find so sad is that young people are tatooing themselves to try to create a unique identity and unfortunately it just makes them look like they are conforming to their peer group. Often they spend so much time and money on the outside but the have little substance in personality, intellect and morals. I've known a lot of young folks that really feel a bit lost by the age of 26 or so because the external work isn't helping them in the real world and they feel confused about who they are and what they should be doing.

I also must agree with BA. When interviewing I won't waste my time on someone with heavy, obvious or offensive tatoos or piercings. Subtle tatoos that are mostly covered aren't an issue but most people I would hire will need to speak with clients at some point and I can't afford to have first impressions ruin a relationship/deal. It'd be great to believe that people should be "tolerant" or see deeper but honestly the first impression is make or break.

Upvote 0