Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
And Piercings, I don't mind those either. :D As long as it's kept in the more "acceptable" areas like the ears, lips, nose, and eyebrows. Nothing too out there and wild for the sake of the children. :p

So the guy pictured below would be cool if he just removed the cheek, forehead and neck piercings?

80745828.jpg

Upvote 0

Ceta_cea

I'm a Kings Daugther
Mar 1, 2011
a village near Lucerne
✟7,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't mind tattoos if they have a meaning and are not the "into your face"-types of tattoos. I actually would like to have one, but I don't know the motive yet. I think about a bible verse or something.

I also don't mind piercings, but I belong to the generation were piercings are normal.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
LOL at the ending.

The stereotype is there for a reason but personally I believe it is harder to go with that stereotype now because tattoos are very common place. The girls that I have either been interested in and gotten to know or had a romantic relationship with that have had quite a few tattoos they are all delicate women. Feminine. When you mix the two, it is actually a very special combo. That is not to say that tattooed women are my preference, they are just pretty darn cool to me.

I have never ran into the stereotype you mentioned, but then again, I'm not a biker. I am probably too calm, mild or timid to be with a biker chick.

To the topic again:
The septum(the cartilage between the nose) piercing with a thin piece of jewelry, super cool. Marilyn Monroe...better have the face for it. Labrets are super cool. Between the eyes, eh. Eyebrows, that is cool. The ears, the cartilage that sticks out inside the ear, while I heard that is very painful, that is super cool. Gauges/plugs are cool. Anything(besides chains) around the ears are super cool. That is about it though, my initial response may have been a bit 'more negative' as compared to this. There are piercings though that do turn me off..

Like Kat Von D?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stan1472

Feb 24, 2005
Chicago
✟2,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What do you think about tattoos and piercings in someone you're interested in? Do you dig that look or are you turned off by someone who has tattoos or body or facial piercings? Does this reflect badly on them if they are a Christian? What do you think about this?

I find I have less respect for them when I find out that they have tattoos. So it's a turn-OFF.

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

Blind post.

What do you think about tattoos and piercings in someone you're interested in? Do you dig that look or are you turned off by someone who has tattoos or body or facial piercings? Does this reflect badly on them if they are a Christian? What do you think about this?

I'm personally turned off by tattoos/excessive piercings. If they have tattoos from a past experience or lifestyle and they've repented since then that's OK, but if they're still adding tattoos or piercings...yeah...we can be friends, but I won't pursue it any further.

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So the guy pictured below would be cool if he just removed the cheek, forehead and neck piercings?

80745828.jpg
Oh, no! I'd be terrified of him. :D I mean, Jesus loves him but boy... imagine kissing him! *shivers*

Upvote 0

ks777

Start singing
May 8, 2009
Other world
✟16,650.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
A few weeks ago I would have said tattoo's are awesome. Since then I've learned that Yah is opposed to tattoo's. I'm just glad I found out before I got one! Sorry to anyone that already has one and got offended... but Levitcus 19:28 wasn't my idea!

I guess some would argue that we are no longer under 'jewish' law and therefore the 'rule' doesn't apply. Though I would probably tell the people contemplating on getting a tattoo that regardless of whether we 'have' to keep these instructions for living or not; it's obvious that God doesn't love them on His children. “You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am YHWH.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
A few weeks ago I would have said tattoo's are awesome. Since then I've learned that Yah is opposed to tattoo's. I'm just glad I found out before I got one! Sorry to anyone that already has one and got offended... but Levitcus 19:28 wasn't my idea!

I guess some would argue that we are no longer under 'jewish' law and therefore the 'rule' doesn't apply. Though I would probably tell the people contemplating on getting a tattoo that regardless of whether we 'have' to keep these instructions for living or not; it's obvious that God doesn't love them on His children. &#8220;You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am YHWH.&#8221;

I think if you study the actual words used, tattoo ain't one of them.

Also, some of us live under Jesus who fulfilled the Law - which IMO kinda allows tattoos. ;)

Besides, Revelation 19:11-16?

emphasis mine said:
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. &#8220;He will rule them with an iron scepter.&#8221; He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

Besides, Revelation 19:11-16?

I would not confuse figurative language in an apocalyptic vision with literal depictions in the tangible world. Unless you think Jesus really does walk around Heaven with a sword sticking out of His mouth, or that there's a literal bloodied lamb walking around heaven, looking to get on the Father's throne.

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I would not confuse figurative language in an apocalyptic vision with literal depictions in the tangible world. Unless you think Jesus really does walk around Heaven with a sword sticking out of His mouth, or that there's a literal bloodied lamb walking around heaven, looking to get on the Father's throne.

I believe the description of Him; who is sure which parts are figurative and which are literal? Not this girl. ;)

I don't think tattoos are a matter of salvation, at any rate.

Pretty sure God doesn't need me to judge people; He's more than qualified.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think tattoos are a matter of salvation, at any rate.

Pretty sure God doesn't need me to judge people; He's more than qualified.

This, all the way.

The purpose of the law against bodily markings - like most of the Jewish laws - were intended to consecrate the Jewish people; to distinguish them from the rest of the world. In the case of markings, the cultures among which they lived commonly marked themselves in religious rites. God didn't want them marking themselves in religious rites. He's not that kind of god.

I fully respect people who choose not to get tattoos because they intend on following the old Hebrew discipline. But please, don't try to make other people, who are exercising their liberty with clear consciences, guilty about choosing otherwise. I know that God will convict me when I am doing something wrong. He is faithful in that regard. And I have no general conviction against tattoos gotten for artistic expression or self-identification, just as I have no convictions against eating my steak medium-rare, wearing blended fabrics, and suffering my Wiccan friends to live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
One of the only reasons I did not want to get a tattoo is because I feel it is an identifying mark. By that I mean that in the event times get tough and us Christians have to hide out the more markings we have the more easily to identify us. BUT I am not against anyone that wants tattoos and there are alot that are really cool looking. My husband had tats and my son has 2 so far. My mom had a rose tattooed on her back corner by her shoulder. So now I have this dilemma because one of my best friends has cancer and there are 3 of us that are really close and she wants us to all get the same tattoo. I really don't want to but I think I would "sacrifice" my previous view for her because of her condition. And I do like the design we have chosen. I'm still torn and won't bring it up, but if she does and persists I'll do it for her. She's done alot for me including taking me on a cruise to Europe so how can I refuse her.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Prince-Albert--Elaine-Davidson--Most-Pierced-Man-Woman.jpg

I really don't care.

It's a choice an individual makes, I admire the beauty of body art, especially when it has been undertaken by a truly talented artist, and I find vast amounts of metal poked through various body parts interesting. That's it. I'm too fickle for permanent ink stains and too clumsy for piercings, but that's not the question. Moving on...

... i've seen a lot of ugly ink, a lot. I've seen a fair few poorly done piercing jobs too, i've seen the scars and i've seen the amount of money people exchange for the rush they get from the experience. I've even seen people exchange a large amount of money for a very beautiful piece of body art only to have it destroyed due to them not keeping the canvas in tip top condition. This has no influence on my preferences, nor does the thought of what they'll look like in fifty+ years.

I know some very old people with tattoos, to be honest they're just old people with old person skin who have (in some cases) faded/stretched marks dotted about. They do not change a person, they can be used as a mask to hide behind, to present a personality that individual does not have or even to have some sort of sense of belonging, but that's nothing to do with the body art; that's down to the individual.

Some people mentioned tattoos of exes names and all of that lovely stuff ... it is part of their past, whether a name on their left buttock or a distant memory in the brain that person is part of their history, and that's what it is, history. The past is the past, a bit of ink isn't going to make a big difference to anything.

I concentrate more on tattoos than piercings purely because I have nothing to say about piercings. I've seen some interestingly arranged microdermals and had a few interesting conversations regarding ear lobe stretching and gender connections but other than that even when someone is covered in them they're not prone to producing the same sort of reaction as someone covered in tattoos.

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

I believe the description of Him; who is sure which parts are figurative and which are literal? Not this girl. ;)

Usually in apocalyptic or prophetic writings, the representations tend to be figurative. Unless we are to believe that Daniel prophecied that a literal giant ram covering the surface of the whole earth would do battle against a literal giant goat likewise covering the surface of the whole earth. Or that there is a literal bloodied lamb with seven horns and seven eyes in heaven being worshiped.

In any case, I just don't believe Revelation 19:11-16 is a valid passage to cite to give the OK for a tattoo, or to teach that the Bible gives full permission for tattoos. I just leave it to personal preference.

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Usually in apocalyptic or prophetic writings, the representations tend to be figurative. Unless we are to believe that Daniel prophecied that a literal giant ram covering the surface of the whole earth would do battle against a literal giant goat likewise covering the surface of the whole earth. Or that there is a literal bloodied lamb with seven horns and seven eyes in heaven being worshiped.

In any case, I just don't believe Revelation 19:11-16 is a valid passage to cite to give the OK for a tattoo, or to teach that the Bible gives full permission for tattoos. I just leave it to personal preference.

Well, that's great!

As for the bolded...I didn't give the OK for a tattoo using it...I said "besides, what about Revelation 19:11-16?" As in...what do you think of this passage. :)

It's okay. This is the internet, and I know you can't really see how I'm asking things. That's why I don't debate. :D

Reactions: MacFall
Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What do you think about tattoos and piercings in someone you're interested in? I actually prefer them to an extent. It's not a must, but it's not a turn off either.

Do you dig that look or are you turned off by someone who has tattoos or body or facial piercings? I dig it. See above.

Does this reflect badly on them if they are a Christian? IMO, no.

What do you think about this? Like anything else, as long as it isn't master over you... Other than that, I'm not here to judge.

Upvote 0