✟8,167.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Um. No.

"As the first way out there was religion, which is implanted into every child by way of the traditional education-machine. Thus I came — though the child of entirely irreligious parents — to a deep religiousness, which, however, reached an abrupt end at the age of twelve. Through the reading of popular scientific books I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true."

He didn't believe in God (And certainly not Creation), nor did he ever say there was no God. Einstein was agnostic, saying that we can't know whether there is, or isn't, a God.

You are so wrong!!! In a documentary called, "The last days of Albert Einstein", he was quoted to say, when asked if he believed in God and creation, "Not only do I believe in Him, I have been trying to catch him in the act." The documentary went on to explain what Mr. Einstein was working on, and how the main world of scientist were rejecting his latest theories as a man loosing his mind. Yet, his theories have been proven to be quite profound, and many scientist today have adopted them and are working on them.

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
You are so wrong!!! In a documentary called, "The last days of Albert Einstein", he was quoted to say, when asked if he believed in God and creation, "Not only do I believe in Him, I have been trying to catch him in the act." The documentary went on to explain what Mr. Einstein was working on, and how the main world of scientist were rejecting his latest theories as a man loosing his mind. Yet, his theories have been proven to be quite profound, and many scientist today have adopted them and are working on them.

This has absolutely no basis in fact! Einstein was an atheist at least, and a deist at most maybe. You guys never cease to amaze me as to what lenghts you are willing to lie for 'the cause'.

Upvote 0

JusSumguy

Aug 15, 2009
Surf City
✟627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then where did these multimillion year old fossils come from?

These are part of the mystery of God, and are not to be noticed. :)

Honest AV... these things have no effect on the Bible. It's still as solid as it always was. Even more so now.

They'll never be able to find any source of life other than "a God." All the rest of the stuff just enhances God's perfect hand.

If you notice in Genesis, he created the animals first. That, along with the rest of the order, is precisely what science is now finding to be true.

JusSayin

-

Upvote 0
A

Alunyel

If you notice in Genesis, he created the animals first. That, along with the rest of the order, is precisely what science is now finding to be true.

JusSayin

-

Nope.

The Bible says that Earth was the first thing to be created, as a mass of water.

Then he made the Sun, then three days later he made another light, the Moon. And after that, the stars.

This is impossible, the stars (Our Sun included) had to come before Earth, because planets are made up of the heavy elements created by the process of H and He becoming fused, within the stars.

Then it says the Moon is a light, but the moon's not a light, it's a rock. The light is the light from the Sun. There's only one light.

It's basically all over the place, and science is most certainly not finding the order of Creation to be true.

Upvote 0

JusSumguy

Aug 15, 2009
Surf City
✟627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope.

The Bible says that Earth was the first thing to be created, as a mass of water.

Yes, of course. Very frustrating this is.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth.

You have to know that I was talking about between the point the he started populating the earth, and mans creation.......

You understand that now right? Or were you being facetious? :)

-

Upvote 0
A

Alunyel

Most Creation myths, from a lot of religions get the order of life correct, too. Hinduism is a good example of this, in the order Brahma created life.

Vegetation.
Animals
Man

There's only three to get around the wrong way, and considering vegetation is first/second on every single food chain (Depending on whether or not you include the Sun as first.), it's not particularly difficult to work out that vegetation came before animal life.

Upvote 0

marktheblake

Aug 20, 2008
The Great South Land of the Holy Spirit
Visit site
✟16,359.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, my mistake, 930. So, you're saying that the 930 years is after he left the garden, but could've been billions in the garden?

its just my personal conjecture, but i think that it is unlikely that Eve stared at that tree for a billion years before deciding to take one bite.

Not to mention that the first mention of time is from Day 1 of the creation so when it is stated that Adam lived for 930 years, there is no reason to speculate that it is anything but 930 normal years since Day 1. Albeit most likely lunar years.
[/quote]

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth.

Followed by
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep

Is there any reason to assume that no time had passed between Genesis 1 and Genesis 2.

As God exists outside of time, he didn't have to sit around and wait for this period to pass.

Its a little contrived i know, but i see no reason to get hung up over such an issue. The Creationist can sit just as easily on the issue of unreliable dating methods anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CraigBaugher

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
✟8,167.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well here is an article written in Time Magazine. It proves Einstein believed in God, may be not like a Christian or Orthodox Jew, but he believed in God and Creation.

TIME.com - Einstein & Faith - The Religion Pages - Sponsored by Unitarian Universalists

Ok. I read the article and failed to see any reference or leading argument towards Einstein's belief in Creation opposed to evolution. Please quote the paragraph that leads you to that belief.

It was a good essay. It seems that he had a belief in a greater power outside of organized religion. That was my take on it. I would almost envision his beliefs to be that of an agnostic, but I will refrain from doing it in respect of the man.

Upvote 0

Thistlethorn

Defeated dad.
Aug 13, 2009
Steering Cabin
✟16,260.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well here is an article written in Time Magazine. It proves Einstein believed in God, may be not like a Christian or Orthodox Jew, but he believed in God and Creation.

TIME.com - Einstein & Faith - The Religion Pages - Sponsored by Unitarian Universalists

From the article cited: "Through the reading of popular scientific books, I soon reached the conviction that much in the stories of the Bible could not be true. The consequence was a positively fanatic orgy of free thinking coupled with the impression that youth is intentionally being deceived by the state through lies; it was a crushing impression." --- Albert Einstein

Mind you, it matters not a bit whether Einstein believed in "God" any more than it matters whether Darwin "recanted" on his death bed. Even Einstein and Darwin could be wrong about imponderables. Even those who wrote the "Bible" could be. Those who interpret the Bible as the inerrant literal truth almost certainly are.

:wave:

Upvote 0

CraigBaugher

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
✟8,167.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Quote that Einstein said, "I not only believe in him (God), I have been trying to catch him in the act (referring to creation)" came from a documentary on the Discovery Channel, called, "The Last Days of Albert Einstein" I am sure it will be aired many times within the next year - they usually are...

It is also in that documentary that states Albert became more and more regelious his last year of life.

Upvote 0

Thistlethorn

Defeated dad.
Aug 13, 2009
Steering Cabin
✟16,260.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Quote that Einstein said, "I not only believe in him (God), I have been trying to catch him in the act (referring to creation)" came from a documentary on the Discovery Channel, called, "The Last Days of Albert Einstein" I am sure it will be aired many times within the next year - they usually are...

It is also in that documentary that states Albert became more and more regelious his last year of life.

Please double check your facts if you are going to make ad hominem statements about deceased individuals. It's only fair.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.