St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
'The truth' is a little strong to be used here, don't you think?

Here's another way to consider it... 'Why' in a time when bloodline was so important, which you would think included record-keeping and ensuring its survival (especially for the priesthood), did it just disappear for them (destroyed by something maybe)? Later, Luke was able to get Jesus’ genealogy back through Noah to Adam.
It was an age of great Messianic expectation and there were various genealogies floating around--which is why Matthew's is slightly different. During the Victorian era it was fashionable to construct genealogies showing the Queen's descent form King Arthur. Do you suppose those genealogies proved anything about King Arthur?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
'The truth' is a little strong to be used here, don't you think?

Here's another way to consider it... 'Why' in a time when bloodline was so important, which you would think included record-keeping and ensuring its survival (especially for the priesthood), did it just disappear for them (destroyed by something maybe)? Later, Luke was able to get Jesus’ genealogy back through Noah to Adam.
Yes, I see, what scripture books were they using before the exodus and their time at Sinai? Which scripture books did Abram have as he was the one who made the agreement? His religion had been that of his fathers from "beyond the rivers".

Adam was much older and the earth had already fallen when they arrived, the "crafty beast" already fallen and working against God.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It was an age of great Messianic expectation and there were various genealogies floating around--which is why Matthew's is slightly different. During the Victorian era it was fashionable to construct genealogies showing the Queen's descent form King Arthur. Do you suppose those genealogies proved anything about King Arthur?
Well, I'm not going to compare Victorian stories with the Gospel. I was taught that the difference was most likely because Matthew recorded the genealogy of Jesus through Joseph, His non-biological father; and Luke, gave the actual biological genealogy of Jesus through Mary.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'm not going to compare Victorian stories with the Gospel. I was taught that the difference was most likely because Matthew recorded the genealogy of Jesus through Joseph, His non-biological father; and Luke, gave the actual biological genealogy of Jesus through Mary.
The problem has been considered over the centuries and various solutions proposed. That always seemed the least likely possibility to me. I don't know why creationists seem to favor it.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The problem has been considered over the centuries and various solutions proposed. That always seemed the least likely possibility to me. I don't know why creationists seem to favor it.
To be honest, I never really researched other possible answers... the non-biological father vs. mother's line always seemed like the likely answer to me.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
True, but its an unsatisfactory explanation within common Christian theology. Jesus terminated the Lucifer rebellion while on earth anyway, yet mans imperfections continue on.

Then God should be able to eliminate Satan right now and Christianity will go on just fine. So why hasn't he done it?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The devil isn't a real person? Either way, why didn't God destroy the devil?

He will, 1Co 15:26 when His creation is finished or brought to perfection at the end of the present 6th Day/Age. When Heaven is finished and filled with ALL of its host, God will rest or cease creating from ALL of His work. Genesis 2:1-3

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Then God should be able to eliminate Satan right now and Christianity will go on just fine. So why hasn't he done it?

Well, He can't do it yet, because it's foretold to happen later on, in Revelations 20:10. Gotta let the prophecy run its course, don'cha know.

• Haha
Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

Amen and it's because Joseph is the son in Law of Heli, Mary's father.

Luk 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed ) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
He has, they were locked up and await trial from the time Jesus was on the earth. Christians are in the habit of blaming Satan for their own wicked thoughts and deeds. Lucifer and Satan's meme only remains in the doctrines of Atheism and attempts to undermine believers and causing confusion. They left behind the spirit of rebellion against the existence of the Universal Father.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
He has, they were locked up and await trial from the time Jesus was on the earth. Christians are in the habit of blaming Satan for their own wicked thoughts and deeds. Lucifer and Satan's meme only remains in the doctrines of Atheism and attempts to undermine believers and causing confusion. They left behind the spirit of rebellion against the existence of the Universal Father.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Amen and it's because Joseph is the son in Law of Heli, Mary's father.

Luk 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed ) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

But it says, "son of Heli," not, "son-in-law of Heli."

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Have you got something to back up this claim?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Quick! Redistribute other peoples money!
And given that we don't know who wrote it, how can you justify this text as an authoritative source? There are numerous scientific errors which would seem to invalidate it as a reliable source.
We do know who wrote it, the authors are listed with each paper.

Some scientific claims made by the UB have been validated, others have not. The revelators explained they would use "current knowledge" in their presentation as they were guided by a strict mandate.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We do know who wrote it, the authors are listed with each paper.

Okay, looking at the text online, the table of contents lists each paper, the title, and the author.

Paper - Title - Author
0. The Foreword - Divine Counselor
1. The Universal Father - Divine Counselor
2. The Nature of God - Divine Counselor
3. The Attributes of God - Divine Counselor
4. God's Relation to the Universe - Divine Counselor
5. God's Relation to the Individual - Divine Counselor
6. The Eternal Son - Divine Counselor
7. Relation of the Eternal Son to the Universe - Divine Counselor
8. The Infinite Spirit - Divine Counselor
9. Relation of the Infinite Spirit to the Universe - Divine Counselor
10. The Paradise Trinity - Universal Censor​

I see no actual names there. If you have a source that provides names of real people, please share your source.

Some scientific claims made by the UB have been validated, others have not. The revelators explained they would use "current knowledge" in their presentation as they were guided by a strict mandate.

Are there any claims in there which were unknown at the time and which were later confirmed by science?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0