Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you believe humans need a saviour at all?
Because we have a Sin Nature that resides in our flesh and blood.

And the Sin Nature cannot enter Heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

That's why were are going to get new bodies first.
RoseCrystal said:
If God created us, why create us so awful that he had to send himself down to die for us in an attempt to save us from his own wrath against us? (being sent to Hell)
He didn't create us that way. he created us as sinless human beings.

But Adam changed all that.
RoseCrystal said:
And if we did need said saviour why leave us without one for thousands of years?
Salvation is offered to everyone; from Adam to the last person on earth.

The distance between God and man isn't going to change anything.
RoseCrystal said:
What happens to all those who honestly and with good intentions follow other religions? Judaism, Hinduism, Paganism, Buddism etc? Assuming those people have encounted Christianity and rejected its claims.
They will not enter Heaven.

As the saying goes: Hell is paved with good intentions.
RoseCrystal said:
And if all we need do is truly believe in Jesus to be 'saved' what happens if we really really try and just can't/don't truly believe?
Then you, "Let go and let God," as they say.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is the time when King David danced naked with other prophets under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit - somewhat like Hare Krishnas today. So it's not always fake apparently.

If I'm not mistaken a similar thing happened to King Saul, so it is interesting that his daughter was so aghast when it happened to her husband.
1 Samuel 10:10 And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met [King Saul]; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.
11 And it came to pass, when all that knew him beforetime saw that, behold, he prophesied among the prophets, then the people said one to another, What is this that is come unto the son of Kish? Is Saul also among the prophets?

2 Samuel 6:13 And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.
14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.
15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.
16 And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.

I'm not seeing it.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
1 Samuel 10:10 And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met [King Saul]; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.
11 And it came to pass, when all that knew him beforetime saw that, behold, he prophesied among the prophets, then the people said one to another, What is this that is come unto the son of Kish? Is Saul also among the prophets?

2 Samuel 6:13 And it was so, that when they that bare the ark of the LORD had gone six paces, he sacrificed oxen and fatlings.
14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.
15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.
16 And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.

I'm not seeing it.
Are you disagreeing that King David was naked or that King David was inspired by the Holy Spirit to dance like a Hare Krishna?

I agree that my recollection of King David as naked was wrong, but it was not the essential point. David was dancing like a Hare Krishna does today.

Upvote 0

RoseCrystal

Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
Australia
✟294,530.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The distance between God and man isn't going to change anything.They will not enter Heaven.
So you don't' need Jesus for Salvation then? Jesus only lived 2000 years ago

The distance between God and man isn't going to change anything. They will not enter Heaven.
So about two thirds of the world are doomed to hell?

And all your beliefs are based on the bible? What if the bible is wrong? Or your interpretation of it is wrong? Will you go to hell?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you don't' need Jesus for Salvation then? Jesus only lived 2000 years ago
John 8:57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.
RoseCrystal said:
The distance between God and man isn't going to change anything. They will not enter Heaven.
So about two thirds of the world are doomed to hell?
Unless they repent and get saved.
RoseCrystal said:
And all your beliefs are based on the bible?
I do a little speculating from time to time.
RoseCrystal said:
What if the bible is wrong?
That's not an option available to us.
RoseCrystal said:
Or your interpretation of it is wrong? Will you go to hell?
It would depend on what part of the Bible I got wrong.

Upvote 0

RoseCrystal

Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
Australia
✟294,530.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's not an option available to us.
Why not? Seems like a very limited view.
There are many religious texts in the world from many different religions. There are other options. What makes you so sure yours is the only one that's correct?
(and please don't quote the bible to try and prove the bible)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because God doesn't lie; and God wrote the Bible.

If you program a computer for simple arithmetic, and have that computer print out the Times Table, assuming an error would not be an option.

Upvote 0

RoseCrystal

Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
Australia
✟294,530.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

If you program a computer for simple arithmetic, and have that computer print out the Times Table, assuming an error would not be an option.
Man wrote the bible, 'inspired' by God - supposedly, there are many religious texts that make the same or similar claims.
So again, why is yours (the bible) the only one that's right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Within limitations.
If your number is larger than the highest number your computer can represent you end up with an overflow error. With the 64 bit architecture we're using today you can go up a little higher than 9 quadrillion before it breaks.

Precision is also a problem for irrational numbers are a problem, too. One-third in decimal is .3 repeating infinitely, but you can't store infinite values. Eventually the program will truncate it or round off.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,615.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
God also created this Creation. So I'd assume that it doesn't lie either. Why are ideas as understood from the Bible taken as fact and over riding what Creation itSelf is showing us?

Reactions: RoseCrystal
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God also created this Creation.
And, like Adam, He created it perfect.

But, like mankind, all of God's creation is in a fallen state and subject to entropy.

It is literally breaking apart.

Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

So while creation isn't lying to us, per se; it is showing us the best it can show us with what it has.

But it is very much different than it used to be before the Fall.

Look at your avatar.

It's a rose WITH THORNS.

Thorns didn't exist until after the Fall.

Genesis 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
dlamberth said:
So I'd assume that it doesn't lie either.
That is correct.

The universe is not telling us an untruth, with the intent to deceive.
dlamberth said:
Why are ideas as understood from the Bible taken as fact and over riding what Creation itSelf is showing us?
Because God's word is eternal -- the universe as we know it today is not.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, How many times can a person backslide and come back?
490 times per day.

Matthew 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
TheTrueWay said:
And have you ever backslidden?
Yes, I have. In fact, when I was 16, I turned my back on God and went my own way.
TheTrueWay said:
You're quite welcome! :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: TheTrueWay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you believe intelligent life exists in other star systems, and does Christianity apply to them?
Yes and no.

Yes, because I believe in angels, and they would, of course, qualify as intelligent life.

But if you mean biological life as in "little green men" indigenous to other star systems ... no.

HOWEVER, let's say I'm wrong and they do exist.

In that case, the Fall affected the entire universe; and in that case, Christianity would definitely apply to them as well.

One theologian claims that John 3:16 applies to the entire universe; claiming that "world" is "kosmos," which means the universe.

John 3:16 For God so loved the [kosmos], that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I personally don't subscribe to that interpretation.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
John 3:16 For God so loved the [kosmos], that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
What do you think "believeth in him" means?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,615.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
And, like Adam, He created it perfect.

But, like mankind, all of God's creation is in a fallen state and subject to entropy.

It is literally breaking apart.

Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

So while creation isn't lying to us, per se; it is showing us the best it can show us with what it has.

But it is very much different than it used to be before the Fall.

Look at your avatar.

It's a rose WITH THORNS.

Thorns didn't exist until after the Fall.

Genesis 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;That is correct.

The universe is not telling us an untruth, with the intent to deceive.Because God's word is eternal -- the universe as we know it today is not.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
I want to make sure I understand.
I live in the Pacific Northwest and know a little geology of the area. I suspect your aware of the Lava flows here? Geologist tells us they happens roughly 16 million years ago. Basalt flowed out of the earth for a couple million years, the earth is telling us. It's one of those events, time wise, that I look at as an example of what Creation itSelf is telling us about itSelf. From what I'm understanding, your saying that after God messed with it at the time of the Fall, we no longer can trust what Creation is telling us? Which makes the 16 million year time line for those Basalt flows not correct?

Upvote 0

TheTrueWay

Aug 7, 2020
Uk
✟28,515.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
490 times per day.

Matthew 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.Yes, I have. In fact, when I was 16, I turned my back on God and went my own way.You're quite welcome! :)

Thanks again for answering my question.

Please can I ask another?

What evidence do you have that its Jesus answering your prayers? (Oops that's 2 questions )

Thank you.

Upvote 0