Tabletop folks, where do we go now, Hobbies?

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mainstream wise, I play Descent now mostly. I'm waiting for Merchants and Marauders to come out soon as well. Then there are other games like Catan that we are into as well, but I like the complex fantasy based games. Shame we can't find good people to play with it seems.

Upvote 0

Breakaway_republic

Feb 21, 2009
Palm Bay, FL
✟15,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
my recent gaming activity:
D&D campaign [playing female 1/2 elf rogue], Gamma World RPG tabletop, 2 Gurps campaigns [potentially becoming 3], 1 horribly BAD Blood of Heroes campaign [that's circling the drain [and thatnk goodness for that]], and 1 character on the MMO "Runes of Maigic"

*Note: All campaigns except the last are on Wed and Sat nights [i'm not a gameoholic ,just possibly OVER diversified!].

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ah, youth! Free time.

Have any of you used any online tabletop assistant to run online games? I have been looking at Maptool, I own Fantasy Grounds, but that involves each player forking over cash. What have you used and do you know a good place to learn how to DM using Maptool?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Darksun was announced as the campaign release for 2010. That made half my gaming group psyched and the other half groan. I kind of groaned, as all I remember from playing DS was hunting for food and water. It was super boring and took a majority of our gaming sessions. I hope they streamline/cinematize that aspect a bit and let the otherwise interesting campaign world shine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus4Life777

Apr 27, 2009
✟7,824.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Occasionally I go to board game stores where they only have "geek" games. Nothing like monopoly unless it's star wars monopoly.

These stores are very fun. One weekend at Tower Games (near me) was dedicated to gamers and over 200 people showed up to play games over the weekend. There was a giant Heroscape table, Warhammer table, people were playing Battlestar Gallactica, etc...

I played games like Pitch Car, Snowtails, Smallworld, Roborally...

As you all know, board games can be so much more intuitive than Sorry or Checkers. The board game world is lively. I've enjoyed the fantasy adventure games a lot... like Runebound Second edition and WoW the board game (and miniatures). Or Twilight Empirium. I haven't played Descent yet but I really want to. Basically if you are a D&D fan you should really look into Descent (is what I heard).

Here's a recent thread I made on BoardGameGeek called "Which fantasy adventure games are you most looking forward to?". What a great website.

haha I like your signature SiderealExalt

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stonetoflesh

reformed librarie-keeper
Apr 20, 2004
Round Rock, TX
✟11,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(All, fee free to start new threads related to table top games, no need to stay in this post about where do we go.)

Perhaps we should preface the subject line with [tabletop] to make things easier to pick out analog gaming threads?

Upvote 0